JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 18,121 through 18,140 (of 25,926 total)
  • Author
    terraricca
    Participant

Edj

In the beginning was The Father’s Spirit
    The Father’s Spirit was with God,
    and The Father’s Spirit Was God.

Now the Father’s Spirit is in us – AND OUTSIDE OF US

——————————————————————————

that is not what scriptures are saying but again your opinion ; for God is spirit and always was a spirit ,this never was changed only made aware of it when Jesus said ;Jn 4:24 God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in spirit and in truth.”

the real spirit of God is the TRUTH , for no lies are found in him ;scriptures says “GOD CANNOT LIE”

but men that do not believe in scriptures do

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

EDj..YOU AND NICK AND KERWIN HAVE PRESENTED IT CORRECTLY.

TERRICCA, YOU STILL HAVE SOME OF THE FALSE TEACHINGS OF THE TRINITAARIANS REMAINING IN YOU BROTHER, IMO, you must come all the way out of those false teachings, Jesus must be seen as a completely human being, not dusting before his berth on this earth, he is a son of man, through his berth, that is what he is said to be begotten , that requires a human berth, it makes no difference if he was begotten by God the Father, or another human being , he still is now and alway will be a son of man, exactly as we all are. The only one who wants you to see Jesus different the we are is Satan himself, that was his plan all along. It was his Doctrine of Seperation, that he himself designed to cause people to. Not relate EXACTLY with Jesus, he wants you to think Jesus was and is different then we are that is exactly what he wants you to think brother. IMO

peace and love to you and yours………………gene

kerwin
    Participant

Terrartica,

Koine Greek is like French, Italian, and a number of other languages where the pronouns take on the gender of the noun they replace. I believe you are well aware of this as I think you are literate in more than one language.

So John 1:12-13 could be translated in one of three ways.

Option 1:

Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God—
    children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.

Option 2:

Yet to all who received it, to those who believed in its name, it gave the right to become children of God—
    children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.

Option 3:

Yet to all who received she, to those who believed in her name, she gave the right to become children of God—

The fact that the nouns in John 1:13-14 are male reveals they are replacing a male noun even as you know is done in some languages, including modern Greek. The best candidate for that noun according to English grammar would be Light but since it has a neuter gender it clearly is not the correct one. That leads me to conclude John is still speaking about the word and John 1:6-9 is a comment made the writer.

In English we say “he comes in the name of the Law” and that is equivalent to “believe in its (the word’s) name” so it is possible it can be done Koine Greek as well. Being that is so it is not clear evidence that the English gender of the pronouns should be either “he” or “she”.

To conclude John 1-13 has no actual evidence that the word has a English gender. Any assigned gender comes from ideas developed outside the passage itself.

You have simply been taught that the passage has been speaking of Jesus and so you read that into the words of John when John assumes his readers already know what he is writing of as John 1 is not teaching the path to salvation so much as striving to strengthen the believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the Living God.

kerwin
    Participant

Terrarica,

No man can redeem the life of another
    or give to God a ransom for him—
    Ps 49:8 the ransom for a life is costly,
    no payment is ever enough—
    Ps 49:9 that he should live on forever
    and not see decay.

That passage need verse 6 included as it is part of the sentence.

Psalm 49:6-9Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

They that trust in their wealth,
    and boast themselves in the multitude of their riches;
    none of them can by any means redeem his brother,
    nor give to God a ransom for him:
    (for the redemption of their soul is precious,
    and it ceaseth for ever:)
    that he should still live for ever,
    and not see corruption.

Jesus did not “trust in his wealth, and boast himself in the multitude of his riches”.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,

The choosing by G0d, the cleansing by obedience and the anointing with the Spirit transformed an ordinary man.

It is always all about God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,

The body of Jesus did not corrupt as prophesied.

The sign of Jonah was fulfilled.

But that did not mean he was created as different to us.

Neither did the body of Jonah when he went to the place of the dead.

Nobody says Jonah was different to you and I do they?

Participant

Hi T8:

You say:

You have just explained why he is called the Word of God. He chooses to speak that which the Father says, and does not speak for himself.

At the cross he asked God to remove the cup from him, but not his will but the Father’s will. So he also chooses to do the will of God.

He existed in the form of God, emptied himself, came in the flesh, was obedient until death, rose from the dead, and is now in the glory he had with the Father before the cosmos.

My comments:

The scripture states:

Revelation 19:

And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

And so, precisely, the scripture does not say that “he is the Word of God” but “his name is called The Word of God”.

His “name is called the Word of God” because he is the judge of the living and the dead.  Following is Strong’s definition for
    “name”:

name: univ. of proper names
    the name is used for everything which the name covers, everything the thought or feeling of which is aroused in the mind by mentioning, hearing, remembering, the name, i.e. for one’s rank, authority, interests, pleasure, command, excellences, deeds etc.
    persons reckoned up by name
    the cause or reason named: on this account, because he suffers as a Christian, for this reason

John 12:

47 And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.

48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

49 For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.

50 And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.

He was “in the form of God” in his ministry here on earth as God’s as God’s Christ being sent by God and operating in God’s authority, not in some pre-existent form prior to his his advent on earth.

John 5 states:

16 And therefore did the Jews persecute Jesus, and sought to slay him, because he had done these things on the sabbath day.

17 But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and I work.

18 Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God.

19 Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.

20 For the Father loveth the Son, and sheweth him all things that himself doeth: and he will shew him greater works than these, that ye may marvel.

21 For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth them; even so the Son quickeneth whom he will.

22 For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:

23 That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

• This reply was modified 9 years ago by Admin.
    terraricca
    Participant

kerwin

I don’t use a dictionary to understand that Jesus ,came down from heaven and was made flesh ,and when he died he return to his previous position /glory

this is well explained in scriptures ;if you did not see this yet ,per ups later but for now no use to explain you what you cannot comprehend ,so I going to leave it as it is ,

Jesus did not chose that name “THE WORD” IT WAS GIVEN TO HIM BY HIS FATHER ,no one names any thing unles it is given by God ,

the reason he receive this name ;well he became the spokesperson for /over all of creation ;

God has established that his son will be the heir of all things ;(this is well described in scriptures)

this is why J the Bpt said ;Jn 1:14 “THE WORD” became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.(JOHN SPEAKS ABOUT JESUS )

pay attention to what it says here ;
    1Jn 1:1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked at and our hands have touched—this we proclaim concerning “THE WORD”of life.(and if you know the scriptures we all know that through Jesus sacrifice he bring life and so again ;it was not written words that they could touch and see and live with him ,)

1Jn 2:18 Dear children, this is the last hour; and as you have heard that the antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come. This is how we know it is the last hour.
    1Jn 2:19 They went out from us, but they did not really belong to us. For if they had belonged to us, they would have remained with us; but their going showed that none of them belonged to us.
    1Jn 2:20 But you have an anointing from the Holy One, and all of you know the truth.
    1Jn 2:21 I do not write to you because you do not know the truth, but because you do know it and because no lie comes from the truth.
    1Jn 2:22 Who is the liar? It is the man who denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a man is the antichrist—he denies the Father and the Son.
    1Jn 2:23 No one who denies the Son has the Father; whoever acknowledges the Son has the Father also.
    1Jn 2:24 See that what you have heard from the beginning remains in you. If it does, you also will remain in the Son and in the Father.
    1Jn 2:25 And this is what he promised us—even eternal life.

see how John is careful to include these words in bold ;so he bring us back to what was said in John 1;1- 4;6

1Jn 4:6 We are from God, and whoever knows God listens to us; but whoever is not from God does not listen to us. This is how we recognize the Spirit of truth and the spirit of falsehood.

pay attention to what John says ;WHOEVER KNOWS GOD LISTEN TO THEM , how can we know God ?

terraricca
    Participant

more;

1Jn 4:14 And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world.
    1Jn 4:15 If anyone acknowledges that Jesus is the Son of God, God lives in him and he in God.

God does not have two sons when it talks about Jesus “THE WORD” only one is his son ;

1Jn 5:5 Who is it that overcomes the world? Only he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God.

Col 1:15 He (Jesus)is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
    Col 1:16 For through him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created through him and for him.
    Col 1:17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.

but in addition to the above scriptures Jesus is also ;

Col 1:18 And1) he is the head of the body,2) the church;3) he is the beginning and 4)the firstborn from among the dead, 5)so that in everything he might have the 6) supremacy.
    Col 1:19 (7)For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him (Jesus),
    Col 1:20 (8)and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on 9)earth or things in 10)heaven,11) by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross.

Jn 3:11 I tell you the truth, we speak of what we know, and we testify to what we have seen, but still you people do not accept our testimony.

Jn 3:13 No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven—the Son of Man.

HOW PLAIN DO YOU WANT JESUS SAY THIS TO US ?

WHY do you feel that you have to interpret his words ? this is not a parable nor a story, it is plain and simple language ;

Jn 1:14 “THE WORD” became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father,

• This reply was modified 9 years ago by Admin.
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,

Scripture specifies that Jesus is a man, a son of Adam.

Men do not come from heaven.

The anointing on this man came from heaven.

Flesh contributes nothing.

kerwin
    Participant

Terrarica,

The only proper name God gave to Jesus is translated “God is Salvation”.

Nick is correct that Scripture teaches us Jesus is a human being and human beings do not physically come from heaven.

The word comes out of God’s mouth and since God is in heaven and therefore it comes from heaven.

I find dictionaries and there equivalent useful for understanding a language and if I do not understand it then the language, even my own, is alien to me.

Jesus received the Spirit which is the agent of God word and communicates the word. The Spirit also comes from God and so from above, even as Nick implies.

kerwin
    Participant

Terrarica,

1Jn 1:1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked at and our hands have touched—this we proclaim concerning “THE WORD”of life

Be careful not to be presumptuous about what you hear from scripture. The “apostles” proclaim the word of God and not the person of Jesus Christ, who is the pioneer and mediator of the word they proclaim.

“That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked at and our hands have touched” is the same word that the prophets speak at they are carried along by the Spirit and the same word the was first put in Jesus and written on his heard so that he would be the author of the true Christian faith. It is that same word the apostles proclaim as they are carried along by the Spirit.

terraricca
    Participant

kerwin

Be careful not to be presumptuous about what you hear from scripture. The “apostles” proclaim the word of God and not the person of Jesus Christ, who is the pioneer and mediator of the word they proclaim.

“That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked at and our hands have touched” is the same word that the prophets speak at they are carried along by the Spirit and the same word the was first put in Jesus and written on his heard so that he would be the author of the true Christian faith. It is that same word the apostles proclaim as they are carried along by the Spirit.

————————————————————————-

when John speaks of the beginning in 1 John 1;1 he means the beginning of Jesus (THE WORD”) preachings and miracles and his teachings of the truth from the already written scriptures ,

this is why it says ;1Jn 1:1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked at and our hands have touched—this we proclaim concerning “THE WORD”of life

when John the apostle talks in John 1; 1 —Jn 1:1 In the beginning wasTHE WORD”, and “THE WORD” was with God, and “THE WORD” was (a) God.
    Jn 1:2 He(“THE WORD” was with God in the beginning.

THIS COMPLY WITH Col 1:15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
    Col 1:16 For through him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created through him and for him.

in this John means at the beginning of creation

this also comply with ;
    Pr 8:22 “The LORD brought me forth as the first of his works,
    before his deeds of old;

and this also comply with ;
    JN 6:41 Therefore the Jews were grumbling about Him, because He said, “I am the bread that came down out of heaven.”
    JN 6:51 “ I am the living bread that came down out of heaven; if anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever; and the bread also which I will give for the life of the world is My flesh.”
    JN 6:58 “This is the bread which came down out of heaven; not as the fathers ate and died; he who eats this bread will live forever

also comply with ;

Jn 17:24 “Father, I want those you have given me to be with me where I am, and to see my glory, the glory you have given me because you loved me before the creation of the world.

and also;

Jn 17:5 And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.

and many other scriptures ,if you don’t believe in scriptures then we have done talking

kerwin
    Participant

Terrarica,

I assume you are claiming that one of Jesus’ titles in Scripture is “the word” but you have not presented a case that is true.

The words “[It](‘THE WORD’) was with God in the beginning” are talking of the words God’s speak which Scripture teaches us come from God and were with him in the beginning of creation for by them all things were created and nothing was created without God’s words (Word). Paul is speaking in Colossians of the Word made Flesh as you well know and so of course it describes the actions of the words that created all things that have been created.

terraricca
    Participant

kerwin

you don’t believe scriptures unless you agree with them this is putting God in the second plan you being first ;

sorry I do not worship men ,

so this is the end for me in this discussion ;with you

kerwin
    Participant

Terrarica,

You are clearly losing this discussion because what you believe does not come from Scripture that are interpreted according to the principle of God. Instead you prefer to understand Scriptures that are interpreted according to the principles of humanity.

It is very simple the word means “the expressed or manifested mind and will of God ” and it is not hidden as I obtained that definition from Merriam-Webster’s online dictionary.

It is not the name or title of a creature. There is no evidence John is speaking about a creature until the word was made flesh. Jesus Christ is the “manifested mind and will of God”.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,

God knows the end of things already.

So prophetic words are confusing to those yet to know the light.

Scripture says of us that we are saved, we have been saved and we will be saved.

None of these things are untrue and there are no contradictions.

Be transformed by the renewing of your minds before relying on your understanding.

terraricca
    Participant

Nick

why you don’t show scriptures ?

why are you not believe the scriptures ?

why are you find the need to interpret scriptures that are so simple to read ?

if you cannot recognise the one that has send us his only son will you accept the father that sent him ?

you don’t have to believe me ,I don’t ask for it ;just believe the scriptures can you ? it seem not

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,

To show scriptures is helpful only to those who have spiritual eyes and ears.

To those still bound by the earthly view it is uselessness.

kerwin
    Participant

Terraricca,

To illustrate Nick’s point I show Scriptures and what has it accomplished?

Viewing 20 posts - 18,121 through 18,140 (of 25,926 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account