JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 18,081 through 18,100 (of 25,926 total)
  • Author
    Ed J
    Participant

Good Job Gene!

I was about to use numbers (Gematria) in the new thread[b](Link)[/b]that I just started, but instead
    I decided to follow your advice, which was (in essence), Ed J your knowledge of Scripture
    is enough to convince other believers the truth of what “The Bible” actually says.

Again thanks for the advice!

terraricca
    Participant

Edj

Jer 18:5 Then the word of the LORD came to me:

there’s nothing wrong in the above verse and one thing it was not Jesus Christ but Jesus only for he did not yet came has the Christ ;

and yes Jeremy said that the WORD (Jesus) came to him ,very true

as for Jesus being Michael this is ridicule at best and non scriptural ,I am ready and have debate this with the JW’s non could prove that it was has they say it was ,lies ,

now if you have more scriptures go for it ,;but be clear in what you claim

Ed J
    Participant

Edj

Jer 18:5 Then the word of the LORD came to me:

there’s nothing wrong in the above verse and (1)one thing it was not Jesus Christ but Jesus only for he did not yet came has the Christ ;

and yes Jeremy said that (2)the WORD (Jesus) came to him ,very true

1) Here you say “No” (agreeing with me, as T8 already has done)
    2) Here you say “Yes” (disagreeing with what you just agreed to)

MAKE UP YOUR MIND

kerwin
    Participant

terratica,

2 Peter 1:21New English Translation (NET Bible)

21 for no prophecy was ever borne of human impulse; rather, men carried along by the Holy Spirit spoke from God.

According to this passage the spoken word came to Jeremiah as well as the other prophets.

Jesus’ relation with the word of God is more intimate than Jeremiah or any other prophet.

terraricca
    Participant

kerwin

do you read those verses in truth ?

2Pe 1:21 For prophecy never had its origin in the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.

what does it really says is this ;first it says that the origin is not of man ;but men had spoken from God as they were “CARRIED ALONG BY THE HOLY SPIRIT “SPOKEN FROM GOD”” SO WHO IS CARRYING THE TRUTH OF GOD ,in my understanding it is Jesus,for he his the only son of God and the first of creation,he also is the one that has fulfilled all what has been announced about him in the scriptures ,and in revelation it tell the name he has “THE WORD OF GOD”

the holy spirit of truth are the words and will spoken by God for us man

kerwin
    Participant

Terrarica,

In the passage from Peter, it specifically states that the Spirit of God caries the truth of God.

Scripture teaches us that God did foretell he would put his Spirit on Jesus and then Jesus would proclaim justice to the nations. (Matthew 12:18)

Matthew 12:18New English Translation (NET Bible)

“Here is my servant whom I have chosen,
    the one I love, in whom I take great delight.
    I will put my Spirit on him, and he will proclaim justice to the nations.

terraricca
    Participant

kerwin

you are hard to understand truth ;those words are from the prophecy Isa 42:1 “Here is my servant, whom I uphold,
    my chosen one in whom I delight;
    I will put my Spirit on him
    and he will bring justice to the nations.

did Jesus received that godly spirit ?so yes he did

Jn 1:9 The true light that gives light to every man was coming into the world.

Jn 1:16 From the fullness of his grace we have all received one blessing after another.
    Jn 1:17 For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.
    Jn 1:18 No one has ever seen God, but God the One and Only, who is at the Father’s side, has made him known.

terraricca
    Participant

Edj

1) Here you say “No” (agreeing with me, as T8 already has done)
    2) Here you say “Yes” (disagreeing with what you just agreed to)

MAKE UP YOUR MIND

read what i said ,I am not mixed up you are

Ed J
    Participant

the holy spirit of truth are the words and will spoken by God for us man

Hi Pierre,

The HolySpirit of truth is “The Word” spoken by God to man.
    And I did read what you said, it seems you have a few things mixed up.
    Are you suggesting that Jesus was not the Christ until he was baptized?

kerwin
    Participant

Terrarica,

According to Scripture it is the Spirit that makes God know. The Spirit made God known to Jesus and through him to all that believe.

1 Corinthians 2:10Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

God foretells he will but his Spirit on Jesus after he foretold Jesus’ coming through Isaiah.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,

Is Jesus Christ the word?

Yes.

Was Jesus always the Word?

No not till he became the Christ when the Word was made flesh at the Jordan.

• This reply was modified 9 years ago by Admin.
    terraricca
    Participant

kerwin

1 Corinthians 2:10Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
    10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

it should read like this ;But God hath revealed them unto us by his “HIS TRUTH” : for the “TRUTH” searcheth all things, yea, the deep “TRUE “things of God…

terraricca
    Participant

nICK

No not till he became the Christ when the Word was made flesh at the Jordan.

wrong ,”THE WORD” ALIAS Jesus ,alias the Christ ,and return to be “THE WORD” ;Jn 17:5 And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.

pAUL ALSO KNEW THIS ;FOR HE WROTE ;Col 1:15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
    Col 1:16 For through him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created through him and for him.
    Col 1:17 He(Jesus) is before all things, and in him all things hold together.

John the baptist also knew this and says ;Jn 1:15 John testifies concerning him. He cries out, saying, “This was he of whom I said, ‘He who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.’ ”

you see Nick I don’t even have to interpret the scriptures it is just has it says ,

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Terricca……The whole concept of Jesus preexisting his berth onthe earth, is a false teaching, started by those who viewed him as a GOD, THE GNOSTIC’S. NICK is right THE WORD OF GOD CAM TO BE “IN” JESUS AT THE JORDAN RIVER, that is why he is call the ANOINTED OF GOD OR MESSIAH. KERWIN IS ALSO RIGHT, THE SPIRIT OF GOD CAME TO BE “IN” JESUS WHICH PRODUCED THE WORDS OF GOD IN HIM WHICH HE SPOKE TO US.

“God who “spoke” in times past “through” the prophets, has in theses latter days spoken to us “THROUGH” A SON”. It was GOD THE FATHER SPEAKING THROUGH JESUS, NOT JESUS , OR don’t you believe Jesus when he said, “the words i am telling are not “MY” WORDS, but the words of him who sent me”.

What does those scriptures mean to you brother? We can’t act as if they do not exist now can we?

peace and love to you and yours. …………..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,

Many do not understand that the scriptures describe the works of the Spirit among men

and so they ascribe to mere men what the Spirit does.

Get balm for your eyes.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,

And do not be confused by prophetic words.

Scripture treats the future as the present.

terraricca
    Participant

Gene/Nick

honestly /seriously ,I quoted scriptures ,you ignore them ,and there are no prophecies in the scriptures I have quoted you ,and I did not change or altered or give opinions to it ;

and you tell me that I do not understand scriptures ? are you on pills ? does the truth from scriptures repulse you ,?

this is a parable where Jesus illustrate what God did with Israel ;
    Lk 20:9 He went on to tell the people this parable: “A man(GOD) planted a vineyard, rented it to some farmers(Israel) and went away for a long time.
    Lk 20:10 At harvest time he sent a servant(Prophets) to the tenants so they would give him some of the fruit(obedience to his laws) of the vineyard. But the tenants(leaders of Israel) beat him and sent him away empty-handed.
    Lk 20:11 He sent another servant, but that one also they beat and treated shamefully and sent away empty-handed.
    Lk 20:12 He sent still a third, and they wounded him and threw him out.
    Lk 20:13 “Then the owner of the vineyard said, ‘What shall I do? I will send my son(Jesus), whom I love; perhaps they will respect him.’
    Lk 20:14 “But when the tenants saw him, they talked the matter over. ‘This is the heir,’ they said. ‘Let’s kill him, and the inheritance will be ours.’
    Lk 20:15 So they threw him out of the vineyard(outside of Jerusalem) and killed him.
    “What then will the owner(God) of the vineyard do to them?
    Lk 20:16 He will come and kill those tenants and give the vineyard to others(gentiles).”

truth is all over but you guys seem to rejected for your own opinions ,you are not rejecting me but Jesus and his father ,

terraricca
    Participant

Gene

Terricca……The whole concept of Jesus preexisting his berth onthe earth, is a false teaching, started by those who viewed him as a GOD, THE GNOSTIC’S. NICK is right THE WORD OF GOD CAM TO BE “IN” JESUS AT THE JORDAN RIVER, that is why he is call the ANOINTED OF GOD OR MESSIAH. KERWIN IS ALSO RIGHT, THE SPIRIT OF GOD CAME TO BE “IN” JESUS WHICH PRODUCED THE WORDS OF GOD IN HIM WHICH HE SPOKE TO US.

“God who “spoke” in times past “through” the prophets, has in theses latter days spoken to us “THROUGH” A SON”. It was GOD THE FATHER SPEAKING THROUGH JESUS, NOT JESUS , OR don’t you believe Jesus when he said, “the words i am telling are not “MY” WORDS, but the words of him who sent me”.

What does those scriptures mean to you brother? We can’t act as if they do not exist now can we?

you even don’t understand the scriptures you quote ,

it confirm what i said with the other scriptures :Heb 1:1 In the past God spoke to our forefathers through the prophets at many times and in various ways,
    Heb 1:2 but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things…

why did you have to change scriptures ? it says “HIS SON” AND USSING ONE PERSON FOR ANOTHER DOES NOT CHANGE THAT, THAT PERSON IS WHAT HE IS ;THE VERY ONLY SON OF GOD ,THE FIRST OF/over ALL CREATION ;

until you will stop to change the scriptures and accept the truth thereof ,you will never be a true believer in the truth of God and his son ,

is Jesus the son of God a god ? of course he is a god but not his God and father ;but he is the second in command ,can you not understand this ?

all things were created through him says scriptures ;do scriptures lie ? if this then is true HE HAS TO EXIST PRIOR TO THOSE THINGS THAT WERE CREATED RIGHT ? YES

this is not a new revelation it is common sense ,just as “if you exist you must acknowledge the existence of your father and mother ,for without them you would not be there ;and so on .

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,

Confidence in your opinions is not an indicator of veracity.

kerwin
    Participant

Terrarica,

So you have concluded that the word truth is a synonym for the word truth.

I do not agree with that conclusion but I do not want to address it at this time unless this conversation get side tracked since it really does not change anything in my point.

John 1:18New English Translation (NET Bible)

18 No one has ever seen God. The only one, himself God, who is in closest fellowship with the Father, has made God known.

My point being is that Scripture teaches us that the Spirit, which you say is truth, is in closest fellowship with God and makes God known.

1 Corinthians 2:11New English Translation (NET Bible)

11 For who among men knows the things of a man except the man’s spirit within him? So too, no one knows the things of God except the Spirit of God.

There is no closer fellowship that that between a human and his spirit or between God and his Spirit, which you conclude is a synonym of his truth. The Spirit also make the deep things of God, which is to say God, known.

God told Isaiah to foretell that the Servant of God would be given the Spirit in Isaiah’s future and the Servant is Jesus Christ and when he received the God was made known to him even as he then made God known to others.

Do you believe Jesus lacked the truth of God before he was given the Spirit by God?

Do you believe he existed before God gave him the Spirit?

Viewing 20 posts - 18,081 through 18,100 (of 25,926 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account