JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 17,881 through 17,900 (of 25,925 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Th KW,

The context is the thread we are in.

Who is the Word?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,

Rom 10.8

The WORD is near you, in your mouth and in your heart, that is the WORD of faith which we are preaching

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

Thank you!

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Kerwin……MY POINT IS ANGELS ARE NOT SPIRIT BEINGS, NO MATTER HOW FAST LIKE THE WIND THEY ARE. GOD ALSO MAKES THE SPIRITS THEY HAVE IN THEM ALSO, JUST AS HE DOES FOR ALL PHYSICAL CREATION THAT EXISTS. IMO

peace and love to you and yours. ……………gene

kerwin
    Participant

Gene,

Spirit being are immaterial beings which is why some claim that Jesus was manifesting his flesh and bones after his resurrection. They say the same thing about angels. They treat the word manifest as if it were a godly word when in fact is a synonym of reveal that is used in the AV of the KJV bible. In short it is a made up doctrine of smoke and mirrors.

Others view spiritual body as being a physical body that is not made of flesh and blood but they are non-specific of what it is made of. Scripture does not support their teaching.

The passage from Hebrews clearly does not support either teaching. It is a grasping at straws by those whose faith in their own teaching is threatened.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,

Do angelic spirits have spirits?

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

Even God has a spirit.

I believe animals do as well but not plants, minerals, or other solely physical creations.

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

Cain was a proud spirit means Cain had a proud spirit so in the same manner angels are ministering spirits means angels have ministering spirits.

Just as angels have ministering spirits so to are believers commanded to have ministering spirits.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

You rely far too heavily on your own dodgy insights and logic.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

Show us where Cain is said by scripture to have a proud spirit please.

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

You should listen to Jesus and remove the beam from your own eye before you try to remove the spec from your brother’s eye.

Since I am using the name Cain as an example then it follows in the example he is called a proud spirit.

Why bother making the point as it is not discussion about Cain though I am curious why you think Cain Adam’s son had a humble spirit.

The issue is whether the term “ministering spirits” is talking about angels who have ministering spirits.

Translators make the research more difficult by not translating things as they are written. Proverbs 11:13 is an example of this as they either add a whole bunch of words that they do not have to or translate the word rū·aḥ to person instead of spirit even though the later is a more common translation.

In doing so they conceal evidence that Scripture does actually calls a person a spirit just as it also a person a soul in other places. My assumption is that translators did the same thing in other places but chose not to do it in Hebrews 1:14.

English has a similar use of the word spirit.

yourdictionary.com

A person as characterized by a stated quality: He is a proud spirit.

You should already know that the letter kills and the spirit gives life.

Judge for yourself if we are being taught what an angels body is made of or the quality they are characterized by. Which fits the context and is more important.

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

My mind is on the spirit and not on the flesh.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

Where did I claim that Cain had a humble spirit?

You made the claim he had a proud spirit and when asked to show evidence could not do so and tried a diversion.

You rely on scripture less than you should IMO

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Kerwin……Point is ANGELS, DOHAVE BODIES AND THEIR BODIES ARE NOT THEIR SPIRITS, they have in them, i think we do agree on this, that a SPIRIT IS NOT A BODY OF ANY KIND. RIGHT? IN ORDER TO MOVE ONWE MUSTALL COME TO SEE THIS. Spirits are atributes we have “in” us and not bodies of anykind. IMO

Nick think SPIRITS ARE BODIES OF SOMEKIND, THAT IS WHY HE IS CONFUSED ABOUT A LOT OF THINGS REGUARDING SPIRITS. IMO

Peace and love to you and yours. ……………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,

Do angelic spirits have spirits?

Any scriptures?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……AN ANGELS SPIRIT IS PLACED IN HIS BODY BY GOD, JUST AS GOD CAN PLACE OR REMOVE SPIRITS FROM US, THERE IS NO SCRIPTURE THAT SAYS ANGELS THEMSELVES “ARE” SPIRITS. That is like saying a spiritual human body is a spirit body, instead of a human body spiritually sustained.

There is no scripture that even says “angelic spirits” that I know of, there is no angelic spirit, there is spirits “in” angels, made and placed in them by GOD.

peace and love to you and yours. ………………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,

Does anyone have scriptures about God placing a spirit within an angelic spirit?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,

Rev 4.5

” And out of the throne proceeded lightnings and thunderings and voices; and there were seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, which are the seven spirits of God.

God is one and His Spirit is one.

These spirits are IN FRONT OF the throne.

God is never SEPARATE from His Spirit.

Lamps are holders of the fire not the fire itself.

The spirits are not the Holy Spirit of God.

They are the angelic spirits of the Lord.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ,

God breathed into the soil of earth and man became a living soul.

No mention of God creating angels in the same way but men presume.

There is much about the spirits of men and animals in Ecclesiastes but none about angels having spirits

But men presume.

AndrewAD
    Participant

There are no more angelic bodies,for those who had bodies only lent them to sin by committing fornication with the daughters of men who tempted them to carnal lusts.Those sinful bodies are now chained to Tartarus but be aware that they could be released since this could be that end time that Rev 20 predicts.

Viewing 20 posts - 17,881 through 17,900 (of 25,925 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account