JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 17,741 through 17,760 (of 25,925 total)
  • Author
    kerwin
    Participant

T,

K
    for my own info when do you think the gospel of Matthew was written ?

I believe it was written by Matthew the apostle of Jesus. He appears to have known Joseph and so writes of the events surrounding Jesus’ birth from Joseph’s point of view. Joseph does not appear later in Scriptural accounts though Mary does. Some hypothesize this is because Joseph was dead and Mary was a widow in care of her sons.

It is also clearly written after the death,resurrection, and ascension of Jesus.

terraricca
    Participant

K

yes ,and there is a Hebrew version as well as a Greek version ,and i also believe that it seem to be written before the Pentecost event ,or up to that point but not included the event ,

and so yes more to a Hebrew audience ,but i do not believe that it is the hebrew mentality that was used to the writings but the truth of what the spirit of truth allow them to remember all the things that had been taught by Christ .

kerwin
    Participant

T,

As I said I noticed the use first and then looked for an explanation as I know that Scripture cannot.

terraricca
    Participant

Hi K

I think what is written was written but the spirit of truth is what drove them to God, s truth in scriptures , without having truth within yourself you will never come to understand the truth in scriptures,

carmel
    Participant

HOW COULD YOU BRING gOD ALMIGHTY TO YOUR OWN LEVEL OF INTELLIGENCE ?

Terraricca,

HOW THEREFORE YOU DECLARED SUCH LIE HEREUNDER THAT!

WE KNOW “GOD ALMIGHTY ,

SO I AM RIGHT!

NO ONE KNOWS GOD ALMIGHTY!

AND NO ONE WILL EVER KNOW GOD ALMIGHTY!

SO GOD

IS NEITHER MALE NOR FEMALE!

RIGHT ?

carmel
    Participant

HOW COULD YOU BRING gOD ALMIGHTY TO YOUR OWN LEVEL OF INTELLIGENCE ?

Terraricca,

HOW THEREFORE YOU DECLARED SUCH LIE HEREUNDER THAT!

WE KNOW “GOD ALMIGHTY” ,

SO I AM RIGHT!

NO ONE KNOWS GOD ALMIGHTY!

AND NO ONE WILL EVER KNOW GOD ALMIGHTY!

SO GOD

IS NEITHER MALE NOR FEMALE!

RIGHT ?

Ed J
    Participant
    jammin wrote:

until now, most people can not accept that Christ is the Word of God (rev 19.13, john 1.1).

Hi Jammin,

That is what YOU say, Scripture does not say that.

Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org _________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    ”Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.” – JEHOVAH GOD

Ed J
    Participant

Christ

is the only son of God.

Hi Jammin,

Should we rip this Scripture out of our bibles, because you do not believe it?
    ”For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.” (Romans 8:14)

http://www.holycitybiblecode.org _________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    ”Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.” – JEHOVAH GOD

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,

The Word was made flesh

Jesus was already flesh.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi,

The Word was made flesh

Jesus was already flesh.

Correct Nick,

Jesus was already flesh when “The Word”(HolySpirit) was made flesh.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    As Acts 3.20 says God will send you Jesus.
    The Word is the Spirit of Christ

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Now the Lord is the Spirit.
    God must laugh at the way human analysts using logic try to grasp His ways.

Ed J
    Participant

The Word is the Spirit of Christ

Hi Nick,

Please show me the verses or verses that you derive this conclusion from, OK?

Ed J
    Participant

Because Jesus speaks “The Word” of his father, that makes him “The Word” that he speaks? Is this what you believe?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ED,

Scripture says the Word was with God and was God, was made flesh and dwelt among us.

John testified they had touched and handled this Word.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi ED,

Scripture says the Word was with God and was God, was made flesh and dwelt among us.

John testified they had touched and handled this Word.

Hi Nick,

“The Word” is made flesh again and again, every time someone is baptized with God’s HolySpirit. (see Acts 12:24)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ED,

None of us can have the fulness of that Spirit.

We are adopted into the body and given a role to fulfill.

Ed J
    Participant

“For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what
    I should say, and what I should speak. 50 And I know that his commandment is life everlasting:
    whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.”: (John 12:49-50)

“it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.” (Matt 10:20)

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Nick,

Who is “the Spirit of your Father” mentioned in Matthew 10:20?

1> HolySpirit
    2> spirit of christ

Would you really say BOTH here?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ED,

The Spirit of Truth that comes from the Father.

Another counsellor I will send to you

We will come to you

Viewing 20 posts - 17,741 through 17,760 (of 25,925 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account