JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 17,621 through 17,640 (of 25,926 total)
  • Author
    jammin
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ June 24 2014,05:04)

Quote (jammin @ June 23 2014,22:45)

Quote (terraricca @ June 23 2014,16:24)

Quote (jammin @ June 23 2014,09:28)
    t

i understand if you CANT answer my questions. just go to your backyard and plant some potatoes. maybe in that way you will be able to help your country

Jammy

you have been answered 100th times by me,Mike,kerwin and others ,

you are so ridiculously blind that after so many time we have answered you still ask for the same question(s)

i really think you would do better if you start planting potatoes,in someone else   yard ,and argue with them why you plant in their yard and not yours,

can you post here again the answer of kerwin and mike and others about my questions?

ill repeat my questions

is the president all powerful? yes or no?
    are you all powerful? yes or no?

if both answers are no, do you accept that you and the president are EQUAL in essence?

Jammin,

We have already covered that and gone beyond it in our conversation as you have now made clear that the nature you believe Jesus is essentially equal to God in is God's nature of being all powerful.  The flaw in your reason is that Jesus is not all powerful.  Mike also has made the same point and you have failed to address it.  

In my case Jesus was appointed as Lord of everything in heaven and on earth.  God appointed him and Jesus cannot appoint another to his position therefore God is superior in power.

so therefore you agree that the president is not all powerful and you are not all powerful as well. correct?
    you both have the same nature/essence, correct?

therefore, if Christ is equal with God in essence, he is all powerful just like his father. they are both God in nature. the bible said Who, being in very nature[a] God,

no human has the nature of God and EQUAL WITH GOD in essence. make your own bible boy. hahaha

jammin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ June 24 2014,04:05)

t

i understand if you CANT answer my questions. just go to your backyard and plant some potatoes. maybe in that way you will be able to help your country

Jammy

you are so ridiculously blind that after so many time we have answered you still ask for the same question(s)

i really think you would do better if you start planting potatoes,in someone else   yard ,and argue with them why you plant in their yard and not yours,

can you post here again the answer of kerwin and mike and others about my questions?

ill repeat my questions

if both answers are no, do you accept that you and the president are EQUAL in essence?

still do not learn anything  :D  :D  :D

you are still not answering my question. therefore the answer is YES>

you and the president have the same nature, HUMAN. you are both not all powerful because you are not God by nature.

good boy. hahha :D

jammin
    Participant

mike said: Christ is EQUAL with God in essence BUT he is not all powerful. hahaha

that is most ridiculous argument i have ever heard.

it is clear that you do not understand the meaning of nature/essence and this gives me reason to say that you are a certified moron. hhahaha

if you say nature/essence of God, all powerful is part of it. no bible scholars will agree to you that all powerful is not part of God's essence. hahaha

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (carmel @ June 26 2014,01:07)

kerwin,June wrote:

[/quote]

I can see it used figuratively but do not see it used figuratively in the spiritual sense as Jesus was already in heaven with his God and our God figuratively.

Kerwin,

PLEASE CAN YOU PRODUCE SCRIPTURE TO SUPPORT WHAT YOU CAN SEE ?

OTHERWISE HOW CAN I SEE WHAT YOU CAN SEE?

FOR INSTANCE:

REGARDING THAT PARTICULAR RESURRECTION SCRIPTURE THERE ARE ALSO, MATTHEW'S IN PARTICULAR WHICH GAVE US MORE UNDERSTANDING RELATED TO THE SPIRITUAL SENSE, SOMETHING WHICH YOU CANNOT SEE

as Jesus was already in heaven with his God and our God figuratively.

NO KERWIN JESUS IN THAT PARTICULAR STATE WAS NOT YET IN HEAVEN AND NEVER WAS BEFORE!

JESUS DURING THOSE FORTY DAYS WAS IN A UNIQUE STATE THAT NEVER HAD BEEN BEFORE!

THE FACT THAT BOTH GOD AND JESUS WERE GLORIFIED IN THE SAME ONE GLORY!

GOD ALMIGHTY ENRICHED HIMSELF THROUGH JESUS' PROCESS, THEREFORE GOD ALMIGHTY WAS NEVER IN THAT STATE AND HE WOULD BE IN THAT STATE ON THE LAST DAY OF THE LORD WHEN HE WOULD BE ALL IN ALL !

ALL SPIRITUAL CREATURES UNITED IN ALL CARNAL CREATURES

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

Charles,

God lives in Jesus by the Holy Spirit and Jesus live in God by that same Spirit so Spiritually Jesus is in heave. The same was true when he lived the years of his mortality and after he was resurrected from the dead and began his time of immortality.

You should know the passages where Jesus says he is in his Father and his Father is him. I think you should know the passages that apply to this but perhaps I am wrong. If so then let me know.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ June 26 2014,02:17)
    mike said: Christ is EQUAL with God in essence BUT he is not all powerful. hahaha

it is clear that you do not understand the meaning of nature/essence and this gives me reason to say that you are a certified moron. hhahaha

if you say nature/essence of God, all powerful is part of it. no bible scholars will agree to you that all powerful is not part of God's essence. hahaha

Jammin,

The ridiculous thing is that you are seeming to be unable to grasp what essence means.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ June 26 2014,02:13)

t

Jammy

ill repeat my questions

Jammin,

We have already covered that and gone beyond it in our conversation as you have now made clear that the nature you believe Jesus is essentially equal to God in is God's nature of being all powerful.  The flaw in your reason is that Jesus is not all powerful.  Mike also has made the same point and you have failed to address it.  

In my case Jesus was appointed as Lord of everything in heaven and on earth.  God appointed him and Jesus cannot appoint another to his position therefore God is superior in power.

so therefore you agree that the president is not all powerful and you are not all powerful as well. correct?

therefore, if Christ is equal with God in essence, he is all powerful just like his father. they are both God in nature. the bible said Who, being in very nature[a] God,

no human has the nature of God and EQUAL WITH GOD in essence. make your own bible boy. hahaha

Jammin,

The whole idea of being born of the Holy Spirit is that when a person is fully mature they exist in the essence of God.

Jesus is not all powerful.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ June 26 2014,07:09)
    i do not believe there are two Gods. i believe there are three persons but one in nature, God.

Hi Jammin,

Who's this third “Person” you speak of?

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ June 25 2014,10:19)
    Unto is fairly useless word that replace to in all but the case when to is an accompaniment of the infinitive or as a placement of until.

Try it in English Kerwin – complete with punctuation.

Use quotation marks around the words you are defining, and commas and such, so we can understand you.

Let me help:

“Unto” is a fairly useless word that replaces “to” in all but the cases when “to” is an accompaniment of the infinitive, or as a replacement of “until”.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (carmel @ June 25 2014,12:40)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 22 2014,14:54)
    In cases like that, we must decide if it should be translated as, “was existing in the form of God, or, “was existing in the form of a god.

Now that I've just noticed this, I'm leaning towards “a god”, since it make a better contrast to “form of a servant”.

Mike,

SCRIPTURE  IS CLEAR THAT JESUS WAS THE SON OF GOD,

NOT THE SON OF A GOD!

What does that have to do with ANYTHING I said in that post?  ???

Jesus is indeed the Son of the Most High God, Charles.  See?  He is not actually the Most High God….. but the Son OF that One.

Quote (carmel @ June 25 2014,12:40)
    Hebrews 1:But to the Son:YOUR THRONE O GOD, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of justice is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

9Thou hast loved justice, and hated iniquity:THEREFORE GOD, YOUR GOD, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

Think it out, Charles.  GOD says to the Son, “Your throne, O God, is forever because YOUR GOD has placed you above your companions.”

Who do the words, “YOUR GOD” refer to?  Don't they refer to the God OF the Son – the One who placed the Son above his companions?  

And according to Jesus himself, his God is also OUR God, right?

I believe Jesus.  You don't.  You make the words of Jesus null and void by teaching things that in opposition to the things he actually said.

Or, to put it scripturally, “You make the word of God null and void, by teaching instead the traditions of men.”

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (jammin @ June 25 2014,14:09)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 24 2014,10:30)
    Revelation 21:22
    I did not see a temple in the city, because the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple.

In the above verse, is Jesus “the Lamb”?  Or is he “the Lord God Almighty”?

So it doesn't matter that a Trinitarian commentator WANTS Jesus to be “the Lord God Almighty” in 1:8 – because other scriptures make it ABUNDANTLY CLEAR that Jesus is NOT “Almighty”.

Hebrews 10
    12 But when this priest had offered for all time one sacrifice for sins, he sat down at the right hand of God, 13 and since that time he waits for his enemies to be made his footstool.

First of all, “God” is the one Jesus sits at the right hand OF, jammin.  And it is not “God” who sits at the right hand of “God”………… unless you believe there are TWO Gods.

Secondly, nobody who is “Almighty” sits and waits for SOMEONE ELSE to place his enemies at his feet, so he can then destroy those enemies.

So once again, it doesn't matter one little bit how many Trinitarians want to take verses in the Bible that are about Jehovah, and apply those verses to Jesus……. because there are enough ABUNDANTLY CLEAR scriptures in the Bible to let even a 3 year old kid know that Jesus is NOT the God he is the Son, Servant, Lamb, Prophet, Priest, and Messiah OF.

The very thought that there are “so-called intelligent” people out there who believe that the Son, Servant, Lamb, Prophet, Priest, and Messiah  OF God could actually BE the God he is all those things OF – really baffles me.  

But these people do exist, nonetheless.  The question is:  Why would anyone in their right mind believe the nonsensical things these confused people have to say?

rev 1.8 talks about christ and if you see the verse 7, Christ is the one who is coming and not the father. read the context and do not just make fantasies

Revelation 1:7-8 NET Bible
    1:7 (Look! He is returning with the clouds, and every eye will see him, even those who pierced him, and all the tribes on the earth will mourn because of him.  This will certainly come to pass! Amen.)

1:8 “I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God – the one who is, and who was, and who is still to come – the All-Powerful! 34

Now look at footnote 34, from these 25 TRINITARIAN scholars…… and you'll see that they are trying to tell you the same thing I already tried to tell you:

…..“the Almighty, All-Powerful, Omnipotent (One) only of God……Rev 1:8; 4:8; 11:17; 15:3; 16:7; 21:22.”

And here are those verses they list:

1:8 “I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God – the one who is, and who was, and who is still to come – the All-Powerful!

4:8 Each one of the four living creatures had six wings and was full of eyes all around and inside.  They never rest day or night, saying: “Holy Holy Holy is the Lord God, the All-Powerful, Who was and who is, and who is still to come!”

11:17 with these words: “We give you thanks, Lord God, the All-Powerful, the one who is and who was, because you have taken your great power and begun to reign.

15:3 They sang the song of Moses the servant of God and the song of the Lamb: “Great and astounding are your deeds, Lord God, the All-Powerful! Just and true are your ways, King over the nations!

16:7 Then1 I heard the altar reply, “Yes, Lord God, the All-Powerful, your judgments are true and just!”

21:22 Now I saw no temple in the city, because the Lord God – the All-Powerful – and the Lamb are its temple.

Now, pay special attention to 15:3, jammin.  Notice how the song being sung is the song of “Moses, the servant of God……. AND the Lamb”.  Can you see that it is a song that Moses and the Lamb sing TO the one they address as, “Lord God Almighty”?

Also, pay attention to the last one, which is already listed in my post in the quote box above.  Can you see how the “Lord God Almighty” and the “Lamb” are two DIFFERENT persons?  See?  The Lord God Almighty AND the Lamb, right?  

That tells us that “the Lamb” is NOT “the Lord God Almighty”.

jammin, NONE of those verses they gave are about Jesus.  instead, ALL of them are about God.

Also, look at the NET Bible translation I posted above.  Tell me how the “context” of verse 7 insists that verse 8 refers to Jesus……. because I surely don't see it.

jammin, you have a lot of homework piling up on you.  You are going to get flunked and held back a grade if you continue to ignore your assignments.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (jammin @ June 25 2014,14:17)

That's right. Christ is equally a spirit being, just like his and our God, Jehovah, is.

His and our God, Jehovah, is the only one who is All Powerful. Jehovah's servant Jesus is not.

But notice how you have to try and be DECIETFUL in your post, jammin. Why is that? It must run in Trinitarian blood, because Gill was also deceitful in that last post I made to Kerwin.

Gill says that when JESUS is said to have the fullness of God, it means Jesus IS God. But when WE are said to have the fullness of God, it means we are aware of the grace and love OF God.

Why so much DECIET with you Trinitarians? Is it because the only way to claim Jesus is God Almighty is by telling LIES, and twisting the truth?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Ed J @ June 25 2014,15:27)

i do not believe there are two Gods. i believe there are three persons but one in nature, God.

Hi Jammin,

Good question, Ed. Trinitarians always tell us that the Word (Jesus) was with THE FATHER in the beginning. (John 1:1) But I wonder how they KNOW it was THE FATHER. It just says “God”. So why couldn't it be talking about their THIRD GOD, the Holy Spirit?

And when it says Jesus sits at the right hand of “God” – how do they know that one is THE FATHER? Couldn't Jesus be sitting at the right hand of “the Holy Spirit God”?

Yeah….. they don't talk too much about their third God. He must be a kind of “silent partner” or something. :)

Wakeup
    Participant

THE *HS* HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH CREATING.
    IT IS GOD THAT DOES THE CREATING THROUGH HIS WORD/SPEECH.

THE HS IS THE *SPIRIT* OF TRUTH.
    IN REV. JOHN ONLY SAW GOD AND THE LAMB IN THE THRONE. THERE IS NO THIRD PERSON.

THE WORDS WE SPEAK CONTAINS TRUTH OR LIES.
    A LIE IS NOT OF THE HS.

wakeup.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Wakeup @ June 26 2014,14:23)
    THE *HS* HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH CREATING.

wakeup.

Hi Wakeup, you say lot's of things out of ignorance.

“Thou sendest forth thy spirit, they are created: and
     thou renewest the face of the earth.”  (Psalms 104:30)

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 26 2014,06:31)

Quote (kerwin @ June 25 2014,10:19)
    Unto is fairly useless word that replace to in all but the case when to is an accompaniment of the infinitive or as a placement of until.

Try it in English Kerwin – complete with punctuation.

Use quotation marks around the words you are defining, and commas and such, so we can understand you.

Let me help:

“Unto” is a fairly useless word that replaces “to” in all but the cases when “to” is an accompaniment of the infinitive, or as a replacement of “until”.

Mike,

Thank you.

jammin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 26 2014,12:18)

Quote (jammin @ June 25 2014,14:17)

That's right.  Christ is equally a spirit being, just like his and our God, Jehovah, is.

His and our God, Jehovah, is the only one who is All Powerful.  Jehovah's servant Jesus is not.

But notice how you have to try and be DECIETFUL in your post, jammin.  Why is that?  It must run in Trinitarian blood, because Gill was also deceitful in that last post I made to Kerwin.

Gill says that when JESUS is said to have the fullness of God, it means Jesus IS God.  But when WE are said to have the fullness of God, it means we are aware of the grace and love OF God.

Why so much DECIET with you Trinitarians?  Is it because the only way to claim Jesus is God Almighty is by telling LIES, and twisting the truth?

therefore all spirit beings are equal with God in essence if i will FOLLOW YOUR argument. give me a version that says angels and evil spirits are equal with God in essence. i will give you another 1m yrs. hahaha

you have a total of 2,999,980 yrs now. hahahahaha

jammin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 26 2014,12:22)

Quote (Ed J @ June 25 2014,15:27)

Hi Jammin,

Good question, Ed.  Trinitarians always tell us that the Word (Jesus) was with THE FATHER in the beginning.  (John 1:1)  But I wonder how they KNOW it was THE FATHER.  It just says “God”.  So why couldn't it be talking about their THIRD GOD, the Holy Spirit?

And when it says Jesus sits at the right hand of “God” – how do they know that one is THE FATHER?  Couldn't Jesus be sitting at the right hand of “the Holy Spirit God”?

Yeah….. they don't talk too much about their third God.  He must be a kind of “silent partner” or something.  :)

we never say third God.we say three persons but one in nature, God.

and i will tell this to you again. you and your father are two persons but one in nature, HUMAN. you will agree if you believe you are HUMAN in nature, unless you are an animal. hahaha

jammin
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ June 26 2014,07:23)

Quote (jammin @ June 26 2014,02:13)

t

Jammy

ill repeat my questions

Jammin,

Jammin,

The whole idea of being born of the Holy Spirit is that when a person is fully mature they exist in the essence of God.  

Jesus is not all powerful.

make your own bible and put there that MAN is equal with God in essence and has the nature of GOd. hahah

jammin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 26 2014,12:05)

Quote (jammin @ June 25 2014,14:09)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 24 2014,10:30)
    Revelation 21:22
    I did not see a temple in the city, because the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple.

In the above verse, is Jesus “the Lamb”?  Or is he “the Lord God Almighty”?

So it doesn't matter that a Trinitarian commentator WANTS Jesus to be “the Lord God Almighty” in 1:8 – because other scriptures make it ABUNDANTLY CLEAR that Jesus is NOT “Almighty”.

Hebrews 10
    12 But when this priest had offered for all time one sacrifice for sins, he sat down at the right hand of God, 13 and since that time he waits for his enemies to be made his footstool.

First of all, “God” is the one Jesus sits at the right hand OF, jammin.  And it is not “God” who sits at the right hand of “God”………… unless you believe there are TWO Gods.

Secondly, nobody who is “Almighty” sits and waits for SOMEONE ELSE to place his enemies at his feet, so he can then destroy those enemies.

So once again, it doesn't matter one little bit how many Trinitarians want to take verses in the Bible that are about Jehovah, and apply those verses to Jesus……. because there are enough ABUNDANTLY CLEAR scriptures in the Bible to let even a 3 year old kid know that Jesus is NOT the God he is the Son, Servant, Lamb, Prophet, Priest, and Messiah OF.

The very thought that there are “so-called intelligent” people out there who believe that the Son, Servant, Lamb, Prophet, Priest, and Messiah  OF God could actually BE the God he is all those things OF – really baffles me.  

But these people do exist, nonetheless.  The question is:  Why would anyone in their right mind believe the nonsensical things these confused people have to say?

rev 1.8 talks about christ and if you see the verse 7, Christ is the one who is coming and not the father. read the context and do not just make fantasies

Revelation 1:7-8 NET Bible
    1:7 (Look! He is returning with the clouds, and every eye will see him, even those who pierced him, and all the tribes on the earth will mourn because of him.  This will certainly come to pass! Amen.)

1:8 “I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God – the one who is, and who was, and who is still to come – the All-Powerful! 34

Now look at footnote 34, from these 25 TRINITARIAN scholars…… and you'll see that they are trying to tell you the same thing I already tried to tell you:

…..“the Almighty, All-Powerful, Omnipotent (One) only of God……Rev 1:8; 4:8; 11:17; 15:3; 16:7; 21:22.”

And here are those verses they list:

1:8 “I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God – the one who is, and who was, and who is still to come – the All-Powerful!

4:8 Each one of the four living creatures had six wings and was full of eyes all around and inside.  They never rest day or night, saying: “Holy Holy Holy is the Lord God, the All-Powerful, Who was and who is, and who is still to come!”

11:17 with these words: “We give you thanks, Lord God, the All-Powerful, the one who is and who was, because you have taken your great power and begun to reign.

15:3 They sang the song of Moses the servant of God and the song of the Lamb: “Great and astounding are your deeds, Lord God, the All-Powerful! Just and true are your ways, King over the nations!

16:7 Then1 I heard the altar reply, “Yes, Lord God, the All-Powerful, your judgments are true and just!”

21:22 Now I saw no temple in the city, because the Lord God – the All-Powerful – and the Lamb are its temple.

Now, pay special attention to 15:3, jammin.  Notice how the song being sung is the song of “Moses, the servant of God……. AND the Lamb”.  Can you see that it is a song that Moses and the Lamb sing TO the one they address as, “Lord God Almighty”?

Also, pay attention to the last one, which is already listed in my post in the quote box above.  Can you see how the “Lord God Almighty” and the “Lamb” are two DIFFERENT persons?  See?  The Lord God Almighty AND the Lamb, right?  

That tells us that “the Lamb” is NOT “the Lord God Almighty”.

jammin, NONE of those verses they gave are about Jesus.  instead, ALL of them are about God.

Also, look at the NET Bible translation I posted above.  Tell me how the “context” of verse 7 insists that verse 8 refers to Jesus……. because I surely don't see it.

jammin, you have a lot of homework piling up on you.  You are going to get flunked and held back a grade if you continue to ignore your assignments.

there is no problem because the father is all powerful and so his son. they have the same nature, God. as God, he is all powerful.
    the Son is God just like his father and the jews know that and they are stoning Christ for that reason.

john 10.33
    New International Version
    “We are not stoning you for any good work,” they replied, “but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God.”

pulpit commentary
    The Jews were in one sense right. He had declared his essential unity with the Father; he had “made himself, represented himself (cf. John 8:53; John 19:7), as equal with God.”

Gill's Exposition of the Entire Bible

and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God; which they concluded very rightly, from his saying, John 10:30, that God was his Father, and that he and his Father were one; that is, in nature and essence, and therefore he must be God;

if Christ is not really God by nature,he should have told to the jews “no”! i am not God. you are wrong! but Christ never told that to the jews. the apostles know he is God by nature, john 1.1 phil 2.6 john 20.28

better luck next time boy hahahah

jammin
    Participant

ed

the Holy Spirit

a person has emotion, awareness,can speak etc.

HS can speak according to the bible

Acts 13:2, “And while they were ministering to the Lord and fasting, the Holy Spirit said, “Set apart for Me Barnabas and Saul for the work to which I have called them.”

He is a creator
    Job 33:4 (NIV)

4 The Spirit of God has made me;

the breath of the Almighty gives me life.

therefore, he is God.

Viewing 20 posts - 17,621 through 17,640 (of 25,926 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account