JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 17,261 through 17,280 (of 25,925 total)
  • Author
    terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Wakeup @ May 25 2014,10:03)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ May 25 2014,14:17)

Quote (kerwin @ May 23 2014,14:12)
    It does not prove Jesus is God.  I do not know why trinitarians attempt to use reason when they are willing to accept the unreasonable statement that God can be tempted by evil even as we are.

Trinitarians are unreasonable to even make a translation that says, “No one has ever seen God, but God came to make Him known.”  :)

Hmmmm……….. let's see…………….

We DID see Jesus, but we DIDN'T see God.  Yet Jesus IS God.

We hear God's words through the mouth of Jesus.
    God's spirit is in Jesus.
    Same in heaven; God speaks through the mouth of His word.
    On earth,we hear God's words but we see Jesus.

wakeup.

W up

Do you think when you write your comment ???

Take a step back , and ear and see what you wrote, are you sure that is what scriptures says ???

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ May 25 2014,15:13)

It does not prove Jesus is God.  I do not know why trinitarians attempt to use reason when they are willing to accept the unreasonable statement that God can be tempted by evil even as we are.

Trinitarians are unreasonable to even make a translation that says, “No one has ever seen God, but God came to make Him known.”  :)

wakeup.

W up

Do you think when you write your comment ???

Take a step back , and ear and see what you wrote, are you sure that is what scriptures says ???

If you dont believe that God was speaking through Jesus.

May God help you.

wakeup.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Wakeup @ May 24 2014,22:03)

Trinitarians are unreasonable to even make a translation that says, “No one has ever seen God, but God came to make Him known.”

Wakeup,

Are you saying that John was wrong, and human beings HAVE seen God?

If not, then what do your words have to do with what I posted?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    Listen to wakeup

“If you dont believe that God was speaking through Jesus.

May God help you.”

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ May 25 2014,08:50)

Quote (kerwin @ May 22 2014,12:18)
    Mike,

There is no such thing as a “spiritual body”.  There is no “BODY” that is “led by spirit”.  A PERSON can either be led by spirit or not – but a BODY cannot.

Scripture.

No, YOU'RE the one making the claim that a non-sentient BODY can be “led by Spirit”.

It is YOUR claim, so YOU must be the one to scripturally support said claim.

Mike,

So you have support for your claim and I have given you my support but you do not believe what is written.

There is a body led by the soul and a body led by the Spirit. I do not see a need to repeat quoting the passage.

kerwin
    Participant

wakeup.

Wakeup,

These words of yours sound correct.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 25 2014,14:30)
    Hi MB,
    Listen to wakeup

May God help you.”

I believe Jesus spoke exactly what God instructed him to speak.

I have never denied that God spoke through Jesus – just like God spoke through Moses, David, Elijah, Samuel, etc……..

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ May 25 2014,17:23)
    There is a body led by the soul and a body led by the Spirit.

I don't remember any scriptures that say such a thing, Kerwin.

Are you talking about YOUR interpretation of 1 Cor 15, which REALLY contrasts the human earthly body made of dust from the heavenly body made of spirit?

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ May 23 2014,00:31)
    Mike,

In John 3, Jesus was teaching that we must actually CONSIST OF something other than flesh in order to see or enter the kingdom of God.

You are making this statement on your own authority.  You fail to address the verses I gave you.

Titus 3:5
    New Revised Standard Version (NRSV)

5 he saved us, not because of any works of righteousness that we had done, but according to his mercy, through the water[a] of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit.
    Footnotes:

Titus 3:5 Gk washing

Jesus saves his people through the water of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit.  You cannot enter the kingdom of God unless you are saved by the water of rebirth and renewal via the Holy Spirit.

1 Corinthians 6:9

9 Do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived! Fornicators, idolaters, adulterers, male prostitutes, sodomites,

1 Corinthians 6:10

10 thieves, the greedy, drunkards, revilers, robbers—none of these will inherit the kingdom of God.

Galatians 5:21

21 envy,[a] drunkenness, carousing, and things like these. I am warning you, as I warned you before: those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.
    Footnotes:

Galatians 5:21 Other ancient authorities add murder

Ephesians 5:5

5 Be sure of this, that no fornicator or impure person, or one who is greedy (that is, an idolater), has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.

You have to live by a new spirit and so become a new self to enter the kingdom of God.  Your old self that bears the fruit of your old self will not do it.

Mike,

By these passages I establish that the kingdom of God being spoken of is not the present heaven where there are spiritual forces of evil as well as God and his angels.

Why one Nicodemus was asking how to enter the present heaven is beyond my comprehension.

It also establishes that you need a new spirit and a new heart to inherit the kingdom of God.

This new spirit and new heart are born of the Spirit of God.

Provided Nicodemus was searching for God's righteousness then he would want the new spirit and the new heart. Compared with that the future composition would have been of little importance.

According to you Nicodemus was asking what body he would have in the world to come and Jesus told him he needed to be born again. Nicodemus then asked if he needed to go back into his mother to be born again into the world to come. Jesus told him flesh is born and spirit is born of Spirit.

Don't you believe those that are born of the Spirit are called the children of God. He even states rebirth in Titus 3:5.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ May 26 2014,05:33)

Quote (kerwin @ May 25 2014,17:23)

I don't remember any scriptures that say such a thing, Kerwin.

Are you talking about YOUR interpretation of 1 Cor 15, which REALLY contrasts the human earthly body made of dust from the heavenly body made of spirit?

Mike,

It is not my interpretation it is what the words mean. They mean the same general thing in 1 Corinthians 2:13:15 as well though they are speaking about the spirit instead of the body there. They are clearly not directly speaking about the physical body or for that matter the physical man. That is an invention of those who do know better and of those who should.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ May 25 2014,09:17)

Mike,

It is an unusual interpretation even among trinitarians.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ May 25 2014,17:47)
    Mike,

By these passages I establish that the kingdom of God being spoken of is not the present heaven where there are spiritual forces of evil as well as God and his angels.

I don't see it. I don't know of any new “kingdom of God”, Kerwin. I know of a new heavens, and a new earth – but I don't know of a new “kingdom of God”.

Do you?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ May 25 2014,17:54)
    Mike,

It is not my interpretation it is what the words mean.

Which word? The one that REALLY means “made of dust/earth”?

kerwin
    Participant

Mike,

It is specifically the inherited kingdom of God that is the world to come. I believe Paul is the only one that uses it that way. Jesus uses the word “enter” in reference to the kingdom of God and it seems to have an equivalent meaning to Paul's use of inherit. There is one time Jesus speaks of inheriting the kingdom and that is Matthew 25:34. Jesus seems to use kingdom of heaven and kingdom of God interchangeably.

Matthew 11:12 seems to be calling the gospel the kingdom of heaven. Luke 16:16 appears to agree with that.

In Matthew 16:10 Jesus is asking for God's kingdom to come.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ May 26 2014,06:18)

Quote (kerwin @ May 25 2014,17:54)
    Mike,

It is not my interpretation it is what the words mean.

Which word?  The one that REALLY means “made of dust/earth”?

Mike,

That verse that tells you the first Adam, also know as the outer Adam, is made of earth. The inner Adam who gives life to the outer Adam is Adam's spiritual side and gives breath to the Adam that was made of earth. This is something you already know.

I was speaking of the verse that addresses the body that is led by the soul vs the body that is led by the power of the Spirit of God.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ May 25 2014,21:07)
    Mike,

It is specifically the inherited kingdom of God that is the world to come.  I believe Paul is the only one that uses it that way.  Jesus uses the word “enter” in reference to the kingdom of God and it seems to have an equivalent meaning to Paul's use of inherit.  There is one time Jesus speaks of inheriting the kingdom and that is Matthew 25:34.  Jesus seems to use kingdom of heaven and kingdom of God interchangeably.

Matthew 11:12 seems to be calling the gospel the kingdom of heaven.  Luke 16:16 appears to agree with that.

In Matthew 16:10 Jesus is asking for God's kingdom to come.

Kerwin,

I STILL don't know what point you would like to make with your claim that there are two different “kingdoms of God”, or that one of those kingdoms is “the world to come”.

But we are talking about this same thing in two different threads now, so you can answer this point in the other thread, because I asked you the same thing over there.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ May 25 2014,21:13)
    The inner Adam who gives life to the outer Adam is Adam's spiritual side and gives breath to the Adam that was made of earth.

You are confused Kerwin.

GOD is the one who breathed life into Adam. There isn't a separate “inner Adam” in each one of us that gives our “outer Adam” life.

But again, we are discussing this in another thread, so please address this post over there.

carmel
    Participant

mikeboll64,May wrote:

[/quote]

Kerwin,

YOU ARE PERFECTLY RIGHT!

JESUS IS THE UNIQUE:

BECAUSE HE HAD  BOTH!

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ May 26 2014,10:31)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 25 2014,14:30)
    Hi MB,
    Listen to wakeup

May God help you.”

I believe Jesus spoke exactly what God instructed him to speak.  

I have never denied that God spoke through Jesus – just like God spoke through Moses, David, Elijah, Samuel, etc……..

Hi MB,
    But when it comes to the crunch you try to prove God was not speaking through Jesus and elevate the man instead.

jammin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ May 25 2014,12:34)

Quote (jammin @ May 22 2014,07:45)
    firstborn of all creation does not mean he was created by God.

Sure it does, just like “firstborn from the dead” means he was the first of the dead to be born again.

Revelation 3:14 and Proverbs 8:22-25 also back up our understanding of Col 1:15, jammin.

give me any version that will support your view in col 1.15.

ill give you 100000 yrs to find one hahahha.

make your own version. hhahahaha

Viewing 20 posts - 17,261 through 17,280 (of 25,925 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account