JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 16,701 through 16,720 (of 25,926 total)
  • Author
    jammin
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ April 16 2014,04:59)
    Jammin,

What it tells us is that Jesus has a God and he calls that God his Father and the Father of believers.

Put that with Philippians 2:6 and is tells us Jesus exists in the form of his Father and our Father,  the same one he calls his God.

what version is that? can you read in phil 2.6 that Christ exists in the form of his own father? yes or no?

if no, then stop your illusion. you need to take vitamins for your brain

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (jammin @ April 15 2014,08:49)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 15 2014,11:32)
    Who or what does the SECOND word “God” refer to in that statement?

any version that says in phil 2.6 Christ exist in the form of his own GOD?

Also, question #2:  Are you aware that the Father Jehovah IS indeed the God OF Jesus?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ April 15 2014,11:32)

Quote (kerwin @ April 13 2014,18:28)
    I do know that Hebrews 6:3 Genesis 6:3 is using flesh as if it was in rebellion against the governance of the Spirit.

Okay Kerwin,

I agree that some scholars understand the word “flesh” in Gen 6:3 as referring to “mortality”.  But not all:

Pulpit Commentary

……is flesh, not “transitory beings” (Gesenius, Rosenmüller, Tuch), or corporeal beings (Kalisch), but sinful beings; bashar being already employed in its ethical signification, like σάρξ in the New Testament, to denote “man's materiality as rendered ungodly by sin” (Keil).

Matthew Henry's Concise Commentary

The Spirit of God strove with men, by sending Enoch, Noah, and perhaps others, to preach to them; by waiting to be gracious, notwithstanding their rebellions; and by exciting alarm and convictions in their consciences. But the Lord declared that his Spirit should not thus strive with men always; he would leave them to be hardened in sin, and ripened for destruction. This he determined on, because man was flesh: not only frail and feeble, but carnal and depraved; having misused the noble powers of his soul to gratify his corrupt inclinations.

Gill's Exposition of the Entire Bible

for that he also is flesh:  not only carnal and corrupt, but sadly corrupted, and wholly given up to and immersed in sensual lusts and carnal pleasures, so as not to be restrained nor reformed………

Barnes' Notes on the Bible

Inasmuch as he is also flesh – , in contradistinction to spirit, the breath of life which the Almighty breathed Into his nostrils. These two parts of man's complex being were originally in true and happy adjustment, the corporeal being the fit organ and complement of the spiritual as it is in him. But now by the fall the flesh has gained the upper hand, and the spirit is in the bondage of corruption. The fact that he is flesh also as well as spirit, has therefore come out into sad prominence. The doctrine of the carnal mind in the Epistle to the Romans Rom. 8 is merely the outgrowth of the thought expressed in this passage.

Jamieson-Fausset-Brown Bible Commentary

flesh:  utterly, hopelessly debased.

Keil and Delitzsch Biblical Commentary on the Old Testament

Men, says God, have proved themselves by their erring and straying to be flesh, i.e., given up to the flesh, and incapable of being ruled by the Spirit of God and led back to the divine goal of their life.

I was unable to find a commentator who believed “flesh” referred to “mortality”, Kerwin.

And if you think about it, God removing His spirit from man is what causes their mortality, right?  The spirit goes back to God who gave it, right?

So it would make little sense for God to say He was going to remove His spirit after 120 years BECAUSE man is mortal…….. when it is the removal of that spirit that MAKES US mortal.

One commentator linked this teaching with Romans 8, which teaches about the CARNALITY of flesh – not the mortality of it.

Also, as a side note – many of the commentators believe the 120 years was not a “limit” for the life of mankind in the future, but the “time limit” they had to repent before the flood arrived.  In other words, “You people of the world have only 120 years left to live.”

I found that interesting, since I have always believed the former.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    Gen 1
    Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the [ak]sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.” 27 God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.

In what way is this spiritual man?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (jammin @ April 15 2014,11:55)
    ………you should understand that they have the same nature, God. that is the truth that you CANT accept because you accept what you only want to hear

Perhaps we can't accept it because we have never read a scripture where the word “God” refers to a SPECIES or a NATURE, jammin.

Every time the word “God” is used, it refers to a PERSON – usually our heavenly Father Jehovah.

Perhaps you could show us some other scriptures where the word “God” refers to a species or nature, and thereby support your claim about Phil 2:6.

And even though you are too scared to answer my question, all of us know that the SECOND “God” in Phil 2:6 refers to the PERSON Jehovah.  It is therefore most likely that the first word “God” also refers to the PERSON Jehovah…… since the words must be allowed to flow.

“Although he was existing in the form of JEHOVAH, he didn't not consider equality with JEHOVAH a thing to be grasped.”  That's MY understanding.

Here's yours:

“Although he was existing AS A MEMBER OF THE SPECIES KNOWN AS 'GOD', he did not consider equality with THE SPECIES KNOWN AS 'GOD' a thing to be grasped.”

Which makes better sense, jammin? Mine, of course. But, just in case you're right, post a couple other scriptures where the word “God” refers to a “species” or “nature”.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ April 15 2014,11:59)
    Jammin,

What it tells us is that Jesus has a God and he calls that God his Father and the Father of believers.

Put that with Philippians 2:6 and is tells us Jesus exists in the form of his Father and our Father,  the same one he calls his God.

Kerwin,

I agree that the fact that Jesus and we have the same God proves Jesus is not that God.

But Phil 2:6 doesn't tell us Jesus “exists” in the form of God.  2:6-8 tell us he “WAS existing” in the form of God BEFORE he was made in the likeness of a human being.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (carmel @ April 15 2014,12:00)
    AND WHAT APPLIES TO GOD IS THE OPPOSITE TO WHAT APPLIES TO US!

GOD HIMSELF CONFIRMED THIS!

Isaiah 55:8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts: nor your ways my ways, saith the Lord.

Charles,

Saying His ways and thoughts are not our ways and thoughts does NOT mean that the word “son” for us means we created a life where there wasn't one before, and for God it means a father and son are the same exact being.

Don't ever forget that OUR God is also JESUS' God, Charles. So unless Jesus is HIS OWN God, he is also not OUR God.

As for your question about God being “naked” and “clothed” at the same time, I haven't the foggiest idea what you're talking about – nor do I care to discuss your unscriptural nonsense at length.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ April 15 2014,13:59)
    Charles,

I agree that the natural was created before the spiritual because that was the order they were created in on earth as Genesis 1 relates.  

Kerwin,

The words “in the beginning” in Genesis 1:1 don't necessarily mean the heavens (or “sky”) and the earth were the very first things God created.

The angels could have been around billions of years BEFORE this particular “beginning”.  And the fact that God says they shouted for joy when He laid the foundations of the earth tells us that they WERE around before the earth.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    The only definition I think we should have of spiritual man is man infilled with the Spirit.
    That did not happen in genesis

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 16 2014,05:16)
    Hi KW,
    Gen 1
    Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the [ak]sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.” 27 God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.

In what way is this spiritual man?

Nicke,

Man was created in God's spiritual image as God has no physical form.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    Has God got a SPIRITUAL IMAGE?
    So man was created from dust and his soul and spirit came from the breath of God.

kerwin
    Participant

Mike,

I think that you will find most of those experts agree with me without actually saying the same words. Pulpit seems to be opposed believing it is talking about corrupt behavior, The other seem to also to one degree or another. They did not get that from that one sentence but most like are considering the reasons God condemned that age.

I can see arguments for interpreting it as 120 years to the flood as the lifespan of man was not immediately limited. It would also go with the use of flesh as meaning corrupt.

carmel
    Participant

mikeboll64,April wrote:

[/quote]

Saying His ways and thoughts are not our ways and thoughts does NOT mean that the word “son” for us means we created a life where there wasn't one before, and for God it means a father and son are the same exact being.

MIke,

HOW ON EARTH CAN YOU ASSERT THE ABOVE SINCE JESUS DECLARED THAT:

NO ONE KNOWS THE FATHER BUT THE SON AND SO ON…………….?

AND

I AM IN THE FATHER, AND THE FATHER IS IN ME!

AND

I AND THE FATHER ARE ONE!

AND JESUS THE SON JUSTIFIED HIMSELF THAT HE IS OUR  ONLY FATHER IN THE TRUTH!

NOW PROVE THAT GOD ALMIGHTY IS OUR FATHER WITHOUT MENTIONING HIS SON!

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

jammin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 16 2014,10:25)

Quote (jammin @ April 15 2014,11:55)
    ………you should understand that they have the same nature, God. that is the truth that you CANT accept because you accept what you only want to hear

Perhaps we can't accept it because we have never read a scripture where the word “God” refers to a SPECIES or a NATURE, jammin.

Every time the word “God” is used, it refers to a PERSON – usually our heavenly Father Jehovah.

Perhaps you could show us some other scriptures where the word “God” refers to a species or nature, and thereby support your claim about Phil 2:6.

And even though you are too scared to answer my question, all of us know that the SECOND “God” in Phil 2:6 refers to the PERSON Jehovah.  It is therefore most likely that the first word “God” also refers to the PERSON Jehovah…… since the words must be allowed to flow.

“Although he was existing in the form of JEHOVAH, he didn't not consider equality with JEHOVAH a thing to be grasped.”  That's MY understanding.

Here's yours:

“Although he was existing AS A MEMBER OF THE SPECIES KNOWN AS 'GOD', he did not consider equality with THE SPECIES KNOWN AS 'GOD' a thing to be grasped.”

Which makes better sense, jammin?  Mine, of course.  But, just in case you're right, post a couple other scriptures where the word “God” refers to a “species” or “nature”.

you dont make any sense mike. you CANT even give me a version that says Christ was existing in form of his OWN GOD. hahaha

therefore, that is only your imagination. that is the result of taking too much mosquito coil. stop sniffing mosquito coil mike. it is not good for your brain.

i dont exist in the form of my OWN MAN. only a moron can tell that.

i exist in the form of MAN.
    Christ, existing in the form of God and not his own God.

this only proves that it refers to the nature, God.

Philippians 2:6
    New International Version (NIV)

6 Who, being in very nature God,

make your own bible.

jammin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 16 2014,09:29)

Quote (jammin @ April 15 2014,08:49)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 15 2014,11:32)
    Who or what does the SECOND word “God” refer to in that statement?

any version that says in phil 2.6 Christ exist in the form of his own GOD?

Also, question #2:  Are you aware that the Father Jehovah IS indeed the God OF Jesus?

there is no doubt that the father is his God BUT it does not mean that he is not God by nature because according to phil 2.6 he is God.
    Philippians 2:6
    New Living Translation (NLT)

6 Though he was God,

there is God the father and God the only son.

the fact that you cant read your illusion that Christ was existing in the form of his OWN GOD, it only tells that you CANT prove your man-made doctrine.

a lawyer cant prove his case without a document.

i give you verse but you gave me imagination.
    i give you a word for word translation of the bible but you gave me stories. hahahah

kerwin
    Participant

Jammin,

Why would Mike make his own bible because you do not even understand your own doctrine. I should not have to explain it to you so I can then point out its flaws. It is clear you from the appearance you do not know your own doctrine that you do not test it as you are instructed to do.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (carmel @ April 16 2014,00:59)
    NOW PROVE THAT GOD ALMIGHTY IS OUR FATHER WITHOUT MENTIONING HIS SON!

Malachi 2:10
    Do we not all have one Father? Did not one God create us?

Matthew 23:9
    And do not call anyone on earth ‘father,’ for you have one Father, and he is in heaven.

Charles, the rest of your post didn't really even address my last post to you – let alone refute it. So there is no reason for me to reply to that part.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (jammin @ April 16 2014,07:47)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 16 2014,09:29)
    Are you aware that the Father Jehovah IS indeed the God OF Jesus?

there is no doubt that the father is his God…………

Then there is no need to go on about it. Case solved. :)

Jesus was existing in the form of his own Father and God, Jehovah – but didn't consider equality with his own Father and God a thing to be grasped.

God Almighty doesn't have a God of His own, jammin. Jesus does. In fact, the God OF Jesus is also OUR one and only God.

What does that tell you?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ April 15 2014,21:52)
    Mike,

I think that you will find most of those experts agree with me without actually saying the same words.  Pulpit seems to be opposed believing it is talking about corrupt behavior,  The other seem  to also to one degree or another.  They did not get that from that one sentence but most like are considering the reasons God condemned that age.

I can see arguments for interpreting it as 120 years to the flood as the lifespan of man was not immediately limited.  It would also go with the use of flesh as meaning corrupt.

Yeah, I like the 120 year thing too.  Makes sense to me.

At any rate, it is not conclusive that “flesh” means “mortal” in Genesis 6:3 – and not one of the scholars I could find on Bible Hub thinks it does.

Plus, as I pointed out, it makes no sense for God to say, “120 years BECAUSE you are mortal” when removing His spirit is what MAKES us mortal.

Was there another scripture in which you think “flesh” or “flesh and blood” means “mortality”?

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Wakeup @ Sep. 11 2013,14:45)
    The word of God is spirit,and that spirit
    God made flesh/Jesus.
    The man spoke words of power,words of truth.
    The spirit of those words touches
    mens hearts,the hearts of those that he has chosen.

Those words that he has spoken is put in print
    Its called the *Holy bible*.
    We see with our eyes a book and words in print only.
    But if we start to read it,the spirit in those words
    touches our souls. Those words can make us see,and understand God's will,and that we are living in sin
    in the eyes of God. That we should repent.

Those words can make us change our way of live.
    It is the spirit in those words,that we should *eat*,
    to become full in the spirit,the spirit of Christ.

Mans words are also spirit.
    Only by speaking nasty words, can make one angree.
    Only by speaking nice words,can make one feel good.
    Different kinds of spirits are in mans words.
    The spirit of deceiving,the spirit of anger, the spirit of lying,the spirit of seduction,just to mention a few.
    One can spoil a persons day by just saying the wrong words.

wakeup.

Hi WU,
    Yes all must repent.
    But you cannot change yourself.

God can if you obey the command of Jn 3

Viewing 20 posts - 16,701 through 16,720 (of 25,926 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account