JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 16,681 through 16,700 (of 25,926 total)
  • Author
    kerwin
    Participant

Carmel,

SO THE ABOVE IS AS CLEAR AS CRYSTAL, GOD CREATED THE HEAVEN SPIRITUAL CREATURES FIRST!

People say that but they fail to point to one Scripture that actually states that. I sat there and went to the fist chapter of genesis and pointed at the fact God created the heaven and the earth is the first time that the word “created” is used in Scripture.

Are you and others reading a different bible and afraid to let your fellow posters know?

jammin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 15 2014,11:32)

Quote (jammin @ April 14 2014,10:58)

Quote (mikeboll @ 64)

Quote (jammin @ April 09 2014,07:44)
    i believe that the word God in phil 2.6 refers to the nature or essence.

Okay jammin,

That takes care of the FIRST word “God” in verse 6.  But what about the second “God”?  

Philippians 2:6 NET Bible
    who though he existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God as something to be grasped………..

Is that talking about equality with a nature or essence?  Or equality with the PERSON known as “God”?

1.  therefore you do exist in the form of MAN and not your OWN MAN. correct?

2.  if yes, then you must accept that Christ exist in the form of God and not HIS OWN GOD.

1.  Only if by “man” you mean “MANKIND”, jammin.

Let me show you the difference:

A.  I exist in the form of Adam – by which I mean I am “Adam-kind”, otherwise known in English as “Mankind”.

In sample A, the word “Adam” refers to the SPECIES known to us as “Mankind”.

B.  I exist in the form of Adam – by which I mean Eve's husband and I share a form/image.

In sample B, the word “Adam” refers to the PERSON who was the first human being ever created.

Can you see that the same word “Adam” is used in both samples, but those words refer to two different things?

It is the same in Phil 2, jammin.  The phrase “existing in the form of God” means for me that Jesus was existing in the form of the PERSON known to us as Jehovah.

But for you, that same phrase means Jesus was existing as a member of a SPECIES called “Godkind”.

We cannot, from the phrase “existing in the form of God”, tell which one of us is right – although we must note that your understanding calls for the INVENTION of a species called “Godkind”.

But since we can't tell for sure from that one simple phrase, we must look to the rest of the context for the answer.

This is why I'm asking you who or what the SECOND word “God” refers to in that same statement.  Perhaps the meaning of the SECOND mention of “God” can shed some light on the meaning of the FIRST mention of “God” for us.

2.  Your statement is correct AS LONG AS the “God” mentioned in the first part of the statement refers to a “Godkind” SPECIES.

If the “God” in the first part of the statement refers to JEHOVAH, like I think, then I am right that Jesus was existing in the form of HIS OWN GOD – since we know from scriptures that Jehovah IS the God of Jesus.

Now it's time for YOU to answer MY question.  Who or what does the SECOND word “God” refer to in that statement?

any version that says in phil 2.6 Christ exist in the form of his own GOD? you CANT even prove to me your imagination.

JESUS was not existing in the form of his OWN GOD. no versions will say that. phil 2.6 talks about nature or essence.

NIV
    Who being in very Nature God

NLT

Though he was God

PHILLIPS
    For he, who had always been God by nature

kerwin
    Participant

Jammin,

any version that says in phil 2.6 Christ exist in the form of his own GOD? you CANT even prove to me your imagination.

JESUS was not existing in the form of his OWN GOD. no versions will say that. phil 2.6 talks about nature or essence.

Your words are nonsense.

“who, being in the form of God” is not “who, being God” as you claim. Stick to the claim that Jesus has the same qualities of God as it sounds more sensible. Of course some here seem to believe the bible does not make sense and being a Trinitarian you have no problem with a teaching that battles with itself.

Jesus I am going to my Father and my God. So are you going to claim he is a liar and he was not going to his Father and his God. Since the Father of us all is his God it follows that he exists in his image.

You claim that include divine and I disagree.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 15 2014,06:00)

Quote (kerwin @ April 13 2014,19:16)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 14 2014,06:52)

Quote (kerwin @ April 13 2014,18:28)
    I do know that Hebrews 6:3 is using flesh as if it was in rebellion against the governance of the Spirit.

Please give me the correct scripture, so I can check what you're saying.

Mike,

It is definition of flesh I found at blueletterbible.org.  Psalms 78:38 uses it the same way

Kerwin,

This is Hebrews 6:3……….

NET © And this is what we intend to do, if God permits.

NIV ©
    And God permitting, we will do so.

NASB ©
    And this we will do, if God permits.

NLT ©
    And so, God willing, we will move forward to further understanding.

MSG ©
    God helping us, we'll stay true to all that. But there's so much more. Let's get on with it!

BBE ©
    Now we will do this, if God lets us.

NRSV ©
    And we will do this, if God permits.

NKJV ©
    And this we will do if God permits.

I'm asking for the correct scripture.

Mike,

I was speaking of Genesis 6:3. :D

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ April 14 2014,06:28)
    Mike,

I have no idea what God said to the angels.  I do know that Genesis 6:3 is using flesh as if it was in rebellion against the governance of the Spirit.  That would it is used as “flesh as frail or erring (man against God)”.

I do not believe God created “flesh as frail or erring (man against God)” but instead he created it to be empowered and for God.

I am convinced flesh became ” as frail or erring (man against God)” as the result of adam's sin.

Note:flesh
    Note: Corrected address of passage I am speaking of.  Thank you Mike.

Bumped due to significant correction.

kerwin
    Participant

Carmel,

1 Corinthians 15:46 is regarding RESURRECTION!

WHAT CREATION GOT TO DO WITH IT?

I am actually dealing with resurrection and creation comes into it because chooses to us it to teach of the resurrection.  The difficulty is that we are not taught from Scripture what Paul and his listeners at that time, even though it is easy to see in Scripture.

In addition there are many false teaching that take advantage of our lack of knowledge.

jammin
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ April 16 2014,04:28)
    Jammin,

Your words are nonsense.  

“who, being in the form of God” is not “who, being God” as you claim.  Stick to the claim that Jesus has the same qualities of God as it sounds more sensible.  Of course some here seem to believe the bible does not make sense and being a Trinitarian you have no problem with a teaching that battles with itself.

Jesus I am going to my Father and my God.  So are you going to claim he is a liar and he was not going to his Father and his God.  Since the Father of us all is his God it follows that he exists in his image.

You claim that include divine and I disagree.

NLT

phil 2.6
    Though he was God…

did you see that kerwin?

if you have the FORM OF MAN, ARE NOT YOU MAN?

yes or no?

i still have a question for you remember

do you exist in the form of MAN or your own MAN?

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ April 14 2014,22:59)

answer my question

do you exist in the form of MAN or your OWN MAN?

Jammin,

You are asking me whether I am a mere man or a son of God.  I do not know though I hope to be the later on that day.  Too many claim to be sons and are not.

I also know that I am what my fruit declares me to be.

jammin
    Participant

kerwin,

Jesus is not a liar. if jesus said he is going to his faTHER and his God, it does not mean that he is not GOD by nature. we have God the father and God the only son.
    Jesus is the only SON and not the father but you should understand that they have the same nature, God. that is the truth that you CANT accept because you accept what you only want to hear

kerwin
    Participant

Jammin,

What it tells us is that Jesus has a God and he calls that God his Father and the Father of believers.

Put that with Philippians 2:6 and is tells us Jesus exists in the form of his Father and our Father, the same one he calls his God.

carmel
    Participant

mikeboll64,April wrote:

[/quote]

I believe one person, “God”, sent another person, “His Son Jesus”, into the earth.

Mike,

THE TRUTH IS THAT YOU ARE PUTTING GOD IN THE SAME BASKET AS HIS CREATURES!

AND WHAT APPLIES TO GOD IS THE OPPOSITE TO WHAT APPLIES TO US!

GOD HIMSELF CONFIRMED THIS!

Isaiah 55:8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts: nor your ways my ways, saith the Lord.

I REPEAT IT FOR YOU!

YOUR WAYS ARE NOT MY WAYS! THIS IS GENERAL MIKE, EVEN FOR HIS SON, AND FOR THE SON'S FATHER!

NO ONE KNOWS THE SON AND SO ON……………….

9For as the heavens are exalted above the earth, so are my ways exalted above your ways, and my thoughts above your thoughts.

10And as the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and return no more thither, but soak the earth, and water it, and make it to spring, and give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater:

11So shall my word be, which shall go forth from my mouth: it shall not return to me void, but it shall do whatsoever I please, and shall prosper in the things for which I sent it.

HOW MYSTERIOUS IS OUR UNFATHOMABLE GOD!

STILL I DID EXPLAIN, ALWAYS IN RELATION TO WHAT IT IS SCRIPTURE WISE UNDERSTANDABLE, HOW THE FATHER WAS ALSO THE SON, AND VICE VERSA!

JUST REFLECT:

GOD ACQUIRED A CLOTHING, FOR HIS SPIRIT WHICH YOU AGREE JESUS CHRIST'S BODY!

BUT HE STILL TO MANIFEST HIS SUPERIORITY OVER SATAN HE CHOSE TO REMAIN IN THE NUDE!

ANSWER THIS MIKE, AND IF YOU DO SO IT PROVES THAT I AM A LIAR!

SO GET SOME WINE, DRINK AND ANSWER!

WHAT WAS THE USE FOR GOD TO HAVE A CLOTHING AND IN THE SAME TIME REMAINED NAKED?

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

kerwin
    Participant

Charles,

THE TRUTH IS THAT YOU ARE PUTTING GOD IN THE SAME BASKET AS HIS CREATURES!

AND WHAT APPLIES TO GOD IS THE OPPOSITE TO WHAT APPLIES TO US!

GOD HIMSELF CONFIRMED THIS!

Isaiah 55:8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts: nor your ways my ways, saith the Lord.

That is a dodge.  God does not have thoughts of the flesh nor are his ways of the flesh while those without the Spirit cannot walk by the Spirit.  God walks by the Spirit continuously and cannot even be tempted by the desires of the flesh.  

If you have not learned this essential thing from Scripture then you are sadly lacking.  I tend to believe you already know it but have not yet connected the dots.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 15 2014,02:53)
    Hi GB,

It shall be
    67.Luke 13:28
    There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out.

68.Luke 13:29
    And they shall come from the east, and from the west, and from the north, and from the south, and shall sit down in the kingdom of God.

69.Luke 14:15
    And when one of them that sat at meat with him heard these things, he said unto him, Blessed is he that shall eat bread in the kingdom of God.

It comes this way.
    This is how it IS

71.Luke 17:20
    And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:

72.Luke 17:21
    Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

Nick,

That looks like a dodge.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    So you say

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

You have an addiction with dodging. I am not sure why but you often fail to address those points brought up. I could quest that you do not feel confident of your ability to reason but I really do not know know the reason. I have no desire to take part in your action and so I let you know.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    Good.
    Scripture is the teacher

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

We study Scripture to learn but God is the teacher. Satan, his agents, his servants, and his slaves also study Scripture but God is not their teacher.

carmel
    Participant

kerwin,April wrote:

[/quote]

In addition there are many false teaching that take advantage of our lack of knowledge.

Kerwin,

YES I AGREE!

SO DO YOU AGREE THEN WITH WHAT I POSTED HEREUNDER:

1 Corinthians 15:46 Yet that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; afterwards that which is spiritual.

THEREFORE REGARDING RESURRECTION,

THE NATURAL BODY FIRST TO BE RESURRECTED, AS INCORRUPTIBLE HUMAN BODY,

THEN AFTERWARDS GOD CHANGES US AND  GIVES US A NEW BODY

THE SAME PROCESS WHICH ADAM HAD!

THE SAME PROCESS WHICH THE SECOND ADAM HAD!

THE SAME PROCESS THROUGHOUT CREATION FROM GENESIS 1:2 ONWARDS WHICH WAS:

FIRST DARKNESS THEN LIGHT,

FIRST EVENING THEN DAY,

FIRST MATTER THEN SPIRIT

AND THE ONLY GENUINE REASON WAS, AND IS:

THAT GOD ALWAYS OVER RULE SATAN!

TILL GOD'S KINGDOM IS ACHIEVED!

1 Corinthians 15:38 But God giveth it a body as he will: and to every seed its proper body.

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

carmel
    Participant

Ed wrote:

[/quote]

Jesus did not sin so his soul (body) did not see corruption.

Gene,

WHAT HAPPENED TO JESUS'SOUL, AND FLESH BODY?

OR

WHAT HAPPENED TO JESUS' SOUL WHILE HIS BODY WAS IN THE TOMB FOR THREE DAYS?

AND

WHAT HAPPENED WHEN JESUS' BODY RESURRECTED?

AND

WHAT HAPPENED WITH JESUS' SOUL AFTER HE RESURRECTED?

leave your opinion out just scriptures!

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

kerwin
    Participant

Charles,

I agree that the natural was created before the spiritual because that was the order they were created in on earth as Genesis 1 relates. Genesis 2:7 only speaks of the creation of natural man and Genesis 1:26-37 peaks of the creation of the spiritual man.

Viewing 20 posts - 16,681 through 16,700 (of 25,926 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account