JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 16,021 through 16,040 (of 25,907 total)
  • Author
    mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (jammin @ Mar. 17 2014,07:52)
    mike,

do not fool people. what verse does it say that solomon is omniscient?
    you mean since the beginning of his existence here on earth, HE KNOWS EVERYTHING? YES OR NO?

give me one boy. stop fooling people.

I couldn't find the one about Solomon, but in 2 Samuel 14:20, David is said to have the wisdom of an angel of God, and to know all things on the earth.

My point was that sharing a nature doesn't make us equal in every way.

And things like “knowledge” are not part of the nature we share. For example, David had much more knowledge than the rest of the humans alive at that time. And Solomon was even wiser than David.

But just because those two knew a lot doesn't mean everybody with human nature knows as much as they did.

So while Jehovah might be omniscient, it doesn't mean that everyone who shares His nature also knows everything Jehovah knows.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (jammin @ Mar. 17 2014,08:00)
    you and david have the same nature mike. david is not ALMIGHTY. he is not God. you are also not God.

John 15:15
    …….everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you.

That makes it clear that Jesus LEARNED the things he knows from his Father and God, Jehovah. He is not omniscient.

This also says that he showed EVERYTHING he learned from the Father to his disciples. But they weren't omniscient either.

Also, no scripture ever calls Jesus “Almighty”.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Mar. 17 2014,09:36)
    Mike i do not worship the commandments as my God…………

Why not, Gene?

You say the words/commandments/curses/instructions of God ARE God, right?

Aren't we supposed to worship “God”?

So if His words ARE Him, then we should worship His words, right?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (carmel @ Mar. 17 2014,13:49)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 17 2014,04:26)
    Nick, jammin, Gene, and all:

We all seem to agree that the “God” in John 1:1b (the Word was with “God”) is “the Father”.

But is the “God” in 1:1c (the Word was “God”) also “the Father”?

Mike,

YES IN A DIFFERENT FUNCTION!

LIKE FOR INSTANCE!

THE CATERPILLAR IS WHEN HE BECOMES A BUTTERFLY!

So in your mind, “the Father God” was WITH “the Father God” in the beginning?

I have a hard time believing such a nonsensical thing, Charles.

And unless the caterpillar in your example can be WITH the very butterfly he will one day become, your analogy doesn't work.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (carmel @ Mar. 17 2014,14:20)
    WHEN THE SON OF GOD WAS BORN WE ALL BELIEVE THAT HE WAS PERFECT!

BUT TO PROVE THAT HE WAS PERFECT HE OPTED TO BE IMPERFECT!

NOW SINCE IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE TO SOMEONE LIKE YOU,

DOES THAT MEAN THAT IT IS NOT TRUE?

It makes perfect sense to me that Jesus had to take on flesh to be sacrificed, and also so he could become a better mediator between us and his God due to knowing first hand the trials and tribulations we go through as a species.

Quote (carmel @ Mar. 17 2014,14:20)
    ALSO!

FEW POSTS BACK, YOU SHOUTED THAT YOUR ENTIRETY IS

A SPIRIT, A SOUL, AND A BODY!  

ALL IN ONE HUMAN BEING

SO YOU ARE BOTH A THREE, AND ONE BEING NO?

No Charles, because my body is not a being on its own.  The spirit I have on loan from God is not one of the three “persons” who make up the being of Mike.

Even my soul, when linked to that spirit and body, is not a being on its own.  When the spirit and body go, and there is nothing left BUT the soul, then I suppose my soul would be a being on its own.  But by then, I wouldn't be some “triune being made up of three persons”, would I?

Charles, can you send your body to Denver to preach the gospel to the masses, while the other two “persons” in your triune being (spirit and soul) stay at home?

If you cannot, then this analogy also falls flat on its face.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 17 2014,18:50)
    Hi MB,
    Can the Holy Spirit of God be in you and God be in heaven?

God can be in me VIA His Holy Spirit.

Is God ever separated from His Spirit, Nick?

Can “the Father” be WITH “the Father”? How many “Fathers” would that make?

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Mar. 17 2014,19:44)

Quote (kerwin @ Mar. 17 2014,09:50)

Quote (kerwin @ Mar. 16 2014,05:51)

Quote (jammin @ Mar. 16 2014,05:01)
    kerwin,

divine nature is not the ONLY nature of God. do you understand? if you say you have the nature of God, then you should be almighty, eternal, you are everywhere, all knowing, etc.

go back to school boy

Jammin,

Thank you for answering my question.

Do your think “image of God” and “form of God” mean the same thing?

Jammin,

I bumped this because somehow my words got confused and I corrected them.  Please answer.  Thank you.

gen 1.27 and phil 2.6 are not the same

therefore, image of God is not the same as Form of God.

Jammin,

Since image and form have equivalent meaning you should flush out your argument instead of basing it truth on your own authority.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    So when God is in you by the Spirit there is still one God.

Wakeup
    Participant

The flesh body is the hardware.
    The spirit of man is the software.
    The soul of man is what is transmitted through the air.

wakeup.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 18 2014,12:02)

Why not, Gene?  

Mike………What i said was Gods word are part of him because they are from him, I never said they were “a” God , that is what you say, not me. Why lie about it, please show me where i ever said I worship Gods Words, I keep them, and try to obey them, because they come from Him, from his mind, in this way, they are connected to him.

I do not now or ever have seen God's words, as a separate person, as you do. God and his words are one and the same thing and they are spirit, they are connected,  Just as you and your words are.

It is you who view your words and God's words as a separate and different entities not me. I see them as one , just as i see you and your words as one, why ? When we are Judged it will be by our words and they will not be separate from us you can count on that.

Because your words come from “YOUR” MIND and GOD's Words come from His Mind. I wouldn't even try to make a MYSTERY RELIGION out of something so simple a child could understand it as you Trinintarians and Preexistence's do.

Your religious doctrines of   Separation   of God and his words are only useful in the work of deception,  which is a work of Satan and his messengers, to move and create a false image of Jesus trying to make him different from his fellow human  brothers and sisters.

The first thing Jesus will do when he returns is to destroy this false image of Him, it is the Lie spoken of in 2Ths 2. It will be destroyed by his very own mouth  at his return.

peace and love to you and yours………………………..gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (Wakeup @ Mar. 18 2014,17:23)
    The flesh body is the hardware.
    The spirit of man is the software.
    The soul of man is what is transmitted through the air.

wakeup.

Wakeup………I see it like this, the Body is the hardware and the Spirit is the software, and the two make a operating device, or a LIVING SOUL, would be my Metaphor.  If i remove the hardware from the software i no longer have a operating device, it is destroyed.

If God wants to destroy us he can just leave our bodies in the grave, and  we no longer exist, forever. Just as if the hardware removed from the software , you no longer have a operating device.  The grave destroys the LIVING SOUL. Mat 10:28 . Change the word soul there to spirit, Soul is a mistranslated there, it should be rendered Spirit, look it up >

peace and love to you and yours ……………………gene

jammin
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Mar. 18 2014,12:28)

kerwin,

divine nature is not the ONLY nature of God. do you understand? if you say you have the nature of God, then you should be almighty, eternal, you are everywhere, all knowing, etc.

go back to school boy

Jammin,

Jammin,

I bumped this because somehow my words got confused and I corrected them.  Please answer.  Thank you.

Jammin,

Since image and form have equivalent meaning you should flush out your argument instead of basing it truth on your own authority.

what are you talking about? dont you understand my post? hahaha

i told gen 1.26-27 has nothing to do with phil 2.6

they are not the same! make your own bible hahaha and put image in phil 2.6

jammin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 18 2014,11:35)

Quote (jammin @ Mar. 17 2014,07:47)
    elijah, david and goliath or whatever, all of them have LIMITATION

Jesus also had limitations, jammin.  He still does today – even in his exalted state.  That's why he sits at the right hand of his and our God Jehovah, and waits for Jehovah to place his enemies at his feet, so he can then destroy those enemies.

That's why, even in heaven, Jesus still calls Jehovah “my God”.

that is when he became human.

that is why paul told in phil 2.7 he became like us.

jammin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 18 2014,11:53)

mike,

you mean since the beginning of his existence here on earth, HE KNOWS EVERYTHING? YES OR NO?

I couldn't find the one about Solomon, but in 2 Samuel 14:20, David is said to have the wisdom of an angel of God, and to know all things on the earth.

And things like “knowledge” are not part of the nature we share.  For example, David had much more knowledge than the rest of the humans alive at that time.  And Solomon was even wiser than David.

But just because those two knew a lot doesn't mean everybody with human nature knows as much as they did.

So while Jehovah might be omniscient, it doesn't mean that everyone who shares His nature also knows everything Jehovah knows.

therefore no verse that says solomon is all knowing. hahaha

and for your 2 sam 14.20, it does not mean that he is omniscient. it talks about all political things!

gill's exposition of the entire bible.

to know all things that are in the earth; either in the whole world, or rather in the land of Israel; and it is to be understood not of all actions natural and moral done by men in it, which would be to ascribe omniscience to him; but of all political things, all things respecting civil government; that he had such a spirit of discerning of men and things, that nothing could be said or done, or scheme formed, but he got intelligence of it, and insight into it; and which was carrying the compliment to a great height.

if david is all knowing or ominiscient, he should not asked God about what to do to the philistines.

1chronicles 14.10
    New International Version
    so David inquired of God: “Shall I go and attack the Philistines? Will you deliver them into my hands?” The LORD answered him, “Go, I will deliver them into your hands.”

therefore, you are wrong again mike. hahaha

it is very obvious that you are twisting the bible but you can not escape and ignore the truth.
    you are a false teacher boy hahhaha

jammin
    Participant

my point is they are all not all knowing, not all powerful, not everywhere, not eternal etc,. they are not God by nature. they are HUMANS!
    do you understand? and human by nature has limitations.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Mar. 18 2014,19:39)

Quote (kerwin @ Mar. 18 2014,12:28)

kerwin,

go back to school boy

Jammin,

Jammin,

Jammin,

what are you talking about? dont you understand my post? hahaha

i told gen 1.26-27 has nothing to do with phil 2.6

they are not the same! make your own bible hahaha and put image in phil 2.6

Jammin,

My point is you do not use English correctly in your post since you claim image and form do not mean the same thing.  I was also given you a chance to explain what appears to be nonsense.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 17 2014,19:47)
    Hi MB,
    So when God is in you by the Spirit there is still one God.

Yes Nick. There is always only one Most High God.

I'm failing to see your point, or how it allows the Father to be WITH the Father. So please go on…………

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Mar. 18 2014,05:22)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 18 2014,12:02)

Why not, Gene?  

Mike………What i said was Gods word are part of him because they are from him…….

No Gene,

You actually said (many times) that the Word of God IS God, because a person IS his word, and vice-versa.  

So using that reasoning, the command/utterance/instruction/curse of God actually IS God Himself.

And if it IS God, then we should worship it.

If, on the other hand, the utterance God speaks is NOT actually God Himself, then the translation “and the Word was God is flawed.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (jammin @ Mar. 18 2014,07:40)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 18 2014,11:35)

Quote (jammin @ Mar. 17 2014,07:47)
    elijah, david and goliath or whatever, all of them have LIMITATION

Jesus also had limitations, jammin.  He still does today – even in his exalted state.  That's why he sits at the right hand of his and our God Jehovah, and waits for Jehovah to place his enemies at his feet, so he can then destroy those enemies.

That's why, even in heaven, Jesus still calls Jehovah “my God”.

that is when he became human.

that is why paul told in phil 2.7 he became like us.

Okay jammin,

But in order for you to say that to me, you must believe two things:

1.  Jesus WASN'T actually God when he was on earth, since he had limitations as a human.

2.  Jesus is STILL not God in heaven, since he STILL has limitations.

Which of those things do you believe?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (jammin @ Mar. 18 2014,07:49)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 18 2014,11:53)

mike,

And things like “knowledge” are not part of the nature we share.  For example, David had much more knowledge than the rest of the humans alive at that time.  And Solomon was even wiser than David.

and for your 2 sam 14.20, it does not mean that he is omniscient. it talks about all political things!

I didn't say that.  I said I didn't find the Solomon verse, so posted the David one.  In other words, after finding the David verse, I stopped looking for the Solomon verse, since the David verse makes my point just as well.

The Hebrew words say “you know ALL things concerning the earth”.

And the point is that both David and Solomon knew more than the majority of those other humans who lived among them.  Yet they all shared the same human nature, right?

So sharing a nature DOESN'T mean “equal knowledge”.

So the fact that Jehovah is omniscient DOESN'T mean that anyone else who shares His spirit nature is also omniscient.

Your claim was already baseless before the scripture I showed you.  Now you should be able to SEE that it was baseless.

Viewing 20 posts - 16,021 through 16,040 (of 25,907 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account