JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 15,841 through 15,860 (of 25,907 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    If the testimony of Jesus is the Word then is it the Spirit of prophecy?.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (jammin @ Mar. 11 2014,07:45)
    did i say that Christ is GOD THE FATHER?

jammin,

Jehovah the Father is the ONLY “Most High God”.

If you are calling Jesus “God”, then you must be calling him “the Father”, because only the Father is “God”.

Mr. Wallace and I agree that John wrote 1:1 in such a way as to keep anyone from identifying the Word with GOD.

So leave “father” and “nature” out of it, since those things aren't mentioned in John 1:1. And just accept that the Word was WITH “God”, and therefore cannot BE “God”. (Don't even say “father” to me right now. The Word is not “God” – period.)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    The Word was God.
    The Spirit is God.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (carmel @ Mar. 11 2014,15:20)
    SINCE YOUR SPIRIT WENT TO THE FATHER, AND YOU AS THE  BODY WENT IN THE EARTH AND BECAME DUST, THERE’S ONLY ONE THING LEFT THAT REPRESENTS YOUR ENTIRETY

AND THAT IS ALSO YOU AS THE SOUL! AND THAT MEANS THAT YOU AS THE SOUL WOULD BE  IN FRONT OF YOUR JUDGE JESUS!OK?

NOW IF YOU ARE DEAD IN THE EARTH, HOW COME THAT YOU ALSO ARE IN FRONT OF JESUS, AND BEING JUDGED? NOTWITHSTANDING THE FACT THAT THE ELEMENTS ARE DIFFERENT, AND ONE DEAD, AND ONE ALIVE?

OBVIOUS! FOR THE SIMPLE REASON THAT BOTH ELEMENTS, THE SOUL AND THE BODY ARE YOU! NO?

SO WHY CANNOT GOD ALSO BE BOTH THE FATHER, AND IN THE SAME TIME THE HEIR , SINCE:

BOTH ARE THE SAME ELEMENTS,

AND BOTH ARE ALIVE,

AND BOTH ARE IN THE SAME GLORY

AS THE ONLY TRUE GOD AND JESUS CHRIST

NOW DID YOU SEE MY POINT?

Who is “God” an heir OF, Charles?  Who is it that gives an inheritance to “God”?  

So yes, now I see your point, but it is nonsensical IMO.

As for your questions about my body and soul…….. If I die, and the spirit that used to animate me goes back to the God who gave it, that spirit is no longer a part of who I am.

If my body decays in the ground, and exists no longer, then that body is no longer a part of who I am.

If both of those things happened, and all that remained of me was my soul, then “the entirety of Mike Boll” would be down to nothing but a soul. That decayed body would no longer be a part of me, nor would that returned spirit.

But that isn't the case right now, for I still live.  So right now, I have body, spirit and soul – which is what I kept telling you. I guess I didn't understand that you were asking about what I'd be after I died.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (carmel @ Mar. 11 2014,15:39)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 11 2014,10:56)
    And what about God's other immortal spirit sons?  What about Michael and Gabriel, for instance?  Does “the opposite” also apply to them, since they aren't mortal?

Mike,

I DON'T BLAME YOU!

BUT YES ALL THE ENTIRE SPIRITUAL CREATURES, MUST AT A CERTAIN AND APPROPRIATE TIME COME TO EARTH AS MAN!

THIS IS SCRIPTURAL! BELIEVE IT OR NOT!

No it's not, Charles. But I'm asking if God's other spirit sons, the ones who aren't Jesus, also existed from eternity.

Because you claimed that fathers existing before their sons exist was only a flesh thing, and it is the opposite in heaven.

If your claim is true, then not only Jesus, but also his spirit brothers in heaven, have all existed from eternity.

Is this the case? Or was your claim wrong?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 11 2014,16:42)
    Hi MB,
    The Word was God.

No Nick,

The Word from John 1:1, 1:14, 1 John 1:1, and Revelation 19:13 was never God Himself.

The fact that this being was WITH God in the beginning should be enough to tell you that.

Also, God never changes. So if the Word was indeed “God Himself”, he could never ever have become something other than, and lesser to “God Himself”.

Yet the Word is a servant of God, and therefore other than and lesser to God. God cannot become a different being who is lesser to Himself.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    You accept the Word being with God but not “the Word was God”?
    You should not divide scripture according to human understanding.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

If you think “and the Word was God” is the only viable translation of the Greek words in John 1:1, perhaps you should do a little more research.

Even the Trinitarian scholars will tell you that it's absurd to think the Word was “the person of God” in John 1:1. First of all, John's selective use of the definite article prohibits it. And secondly, part b (“the Word was with God”) prohibits it.

So let me ask you one simple question, and see if you can answer it DIRECTLY:

Do you believe that John 1:1 teaches us that the ENTIRE BEING OF GOD ALMIGHTY was with THE ENTIRE BEING OF GOD ALMIGHTY? YES or NO?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    God was in heaven when Jesus prayed to Him.
    But the fullness of the Spirit had been given to Jesus CHRIST on earth. [Jn 3.34]

Two made one in the Spirit.
    Now we too can share this blessing
    Jn 17.21

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    Should we search for translations that match our understandings?
    Surely not

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    Jesus was conceived.
    God was never conceived

jammin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 12 2014,09:35)

Quote (jammin @ Mar. 11 2014,07:45)
    did i say that Christ is GOD THE FATHER?

jammin,

Jehovah the Father is the ONLY “Most High God”.

If you are calling Jesus “God”, then you must be calling him “the Father”, because only the Father is “God”.

Mr. Wallace and I agree that John wrote 1:1 in such a way as to keep anyone from identifying the Word with GOD.

So leave “father” and “nature” out of it, since those things aren't mentioned in John 1:1.  And just accept that the Word was WITH “God”, and therefore cannot BE “God”.  (Don't even say “father” to me right now.  The Word is not “God” – period.)

do not fool people mike. wallace said Christ is God and you dont agree with that.

wallace and i agree that jesus is the son and that he is not not the father but HE IS GOD.
    i think you should read again what wallace said about john 1.1

jammin
    Participant

kerwin,

i do not add nor subtract words to the Word of God.
    i posted what is WRITTEN in the bible. you said WHAT IS NOT WRITTEN IN THE BIBLE.

do you believe Christ is the Word in john 1.1? of course not. but the bible said he is the Word rev 19.13 john 1.1

do you see the difference between your doctrine and the bible's teachings?
    tsk tsk. it is very contradicting

Wakeup
    Participant

Mike B.

Please answer.

Who was in heaven **BEFORE** creation started?
    **BEFORE** God started to speak out to create?

wakeup.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Before creation, there was only the soon-to-be Creator.

There was only Jehovah God at first.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 11 2014,20:45)
    Hi MB,
    Jesus was conceived.
    God was never conceived

Agreed. But here's what I asked you:

Do you believe that John 1:1 teaches us that the ENTIRE BEING OF GOD ALMIGHTY was with THE ENTIRE BEING OF GOD ALMIGHTY? YES or NO?

What is your answer?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (jammin @ Mar. 12 2014,07:52)
    wallace said Christ is God and you dont agree with that.

Wallace sensibly taught us that the construction of John 1:1 keeps us from identifying the Word with God. His teaching is also supported by the 25 Trinitarian scholars from NETNotes.

There exists only one Most High God, jammin. Do you agree with that? YES or NO?

In the beginning, the Word was with that one Most High God. Do you agree with that? YES or NO?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    You are repeating yourself.
    Where was the Father when Jesus taught us to pray to Him?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    God gave him the Spirit without measure. Jn
    But God was also in heaven.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 13 2014,10:08)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 11 2014,20:45)
    Hi MB,
    Jesus was conceived.
    God was never conceived

Agreed.  But here's what I asked you:

Do you believe that John 1:1 teaches us that the ENTIRE BEING OF GOD ALMIGHTY was with THE ENTIRE BEING OF GOD ALMIGHTY?  YES or NO?

What is your answer?

Hi MB,
    The Word was with God and the Word was God.
    The Spirit is amazingly complex.

Viewing 20 posts - 15,841 through 15,860 (of 25,907 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account