JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 15,201 through 15,220 (of 25,909 total)
  • Author
    terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Jan. 08 2014,11:55)

Quote (terraricca @ Jan. 08 2014,10:35)
    k

What does it mean to say that Jesus speaks and does the word?

speaks the word; he is given instructions to those that are given to him,

does the word ; this means, he accomplishes all the prophecies written about him,the son of God and the messiah and fulfill those written words ,

T,

What you wrote sounds good.  I did word my question poorly as what I was looking for it that Jesus does the same thing God's word does.

K

Jesus does the same thing God's word does.

PLEASE EXPLAIN ???

jammin
    Participant

Quote (Wakeup @ Jan. 09 2014,00:39)

Quote (jammin @ Jan. 08 2014,21:07)
    wakeup,

why did you post luke 10???

im not saying luke 10. i said rev 19.13

rev 19.13
    His name is the Word of God.

do you understand that?

you said the Word of God is not a name of Christ. well, rev 19.13 says yes! that is a name of Christ and you are definitely wrong about it

Jammin.

Revelation 19:13   And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
    Revelation 19:12   His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he **had** a name written, that no man **knew**, but he himself.

HAD=PAST TENSE.  KNEW=PAST TENSE.

We know his name was Jesus,but we dont really know him,
    and also The father.
    This corresponds with Jesus words in Luke 10:22.

Revelation 19:13   And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

THE WORD OF GOD;MEANING THE WORD OF YHWH.
    HE WILL COME AS THE WORD OF GOD.
    *HIS NAME IS CALLED*

JAMMIN; WHAT IS THE NAME OF YOUR WORD?

wakeup.

what is the name of my word?
    no name because my word cant be addressed as HE.
    do you understand that?

in rev 19.13 john said HIS name is the Word of God.
    who is that HE?
    that is Christ! Christ's name is the Word of God! that's what the bible said. you dont have to do things complicated. even a gradeschool student can understand that.

i dont know what kind of english training do you have. i think you are not an american or english man. are you an asian?

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Jan. 09 2014,03:44)

wakeup,

rev 19.13

do you understand that?

you said the Word of God is not a name of Christ. well, rev 19.13 says yes! that is a name of Christ and you are definitely wrong about it

Jammin.

Revelation 19:12   His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he **had** a name written, that no man **knew**, but he himself.

and also The father.

*HIS NAME IS CALLED*

wakeup.

do you understand that?

who is that HE?
    that is Christ! Christ's name is the Word of God! that's what the bible said. you dont have to do things complicated. even a gradeschool student can understand that.

i dont know what kind of english training do you have. i think you  are not an american or english man. are you an asian?

Jammin.

What difference does that make if I'm an asian,and that my english is not perfect? This is a sign of instant defence,because of insecurity.No need for this.

You said that your word has no name,this I agree.
    Your word is called Jammin's word.

God's Word is called the Word of God.
    *He* is a living Word,and so is the Holy Spirit,God's spirit.
    What is the Holy spirit's name?

When God's Word was made flesh(a human) His name is Jesus. But now, He is back as the Word of God.

No man knew Him,and no man knows the Father.
    Only whom the Son will reveal him,will truly know who He really is,and whom the father is.

You believe that the Word is also God the Father.
    This is not the truth,for God gave his only begotten son to
    the world;not himself.
    You also believe that God died on the cross.
    This is not the truth. God had never suffered death,but His son did.
    Most in the christian world believe as you do.
    This is the reason Jesus said;NO MAN KNOW'S HIM AND HIS FATHER,BUT *HE* WHOM THE SON WILL REVEAL HIM.

We can have a healthy dialogue without name calling.

wakeup.

Wakeup
    Participant

What is it that make us stand up from our seats when
    corrected with the scriptures?
    What is it that make us upset?
    Should we not defend ourselves using scriptures?
    If we are for the truth,should we not come and
    defend the scriptures?
    And try to make corrections?

wakeup.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Jan. 08 2014,20:18)

k

does the word ; this means, he accomplishes all the prophecies written about him,the son of God and the messiah and fulfill those written words ,

T,

What you wrote sounds good.  I did word my question poorly as what I was looking for it that Jesus does the same thing God's word does.

K

PLEASE EXPLAIN ???

T,

God's word commands all things that are in heaven and on earth and so does Jesus.

God's word is a mediator between God and man and is Jesus.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Jan. 09 2014,02:33)

Quote (terraricca @ Jan. 08 2014,20:18)

k

T,

K

PLEASE EXPLAIN ???

T,

God's word commands all things that are in heaven and on earth and so does Jesus.

God's word is a mediator between God and man and is Jesus.

K

1) God's word commands all things that are in heaven and on earth and so does Jesus.

2) God's word is a mediator between God and man and is Jesus.

1) TRUE , EXCEPT YOU FORGOT TO UNDERSTAND THAT JESUS RECEIVED HIS POWERS FROM GOD AND SO HE IS NOT EQUAL ;SO IT TEACHES THAT HE IS PLACED AS THE SPOKESPERSON BY THE CHOICE OF GOD RIGHT ???

2) GOD'S SPOKEN OR WRITTEN WORDS ARE NOT A MEDIATOR BUT ONLY A COMMUNICATION TOOL,
    THE REAL MEDIATOR IS THE SON OF THE LIVING GOD “THE WORD ” KNOWN AS JESUS THE CHRIST ON EARTH ,THE MEDIATOR IN HEAVEN AND ON EARTH ;HE IS THE FIRST BORN OF ALL CREATION ;

AND ALL THINGS WHERE CREATED THROUGH HIM

Col 1:15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
    Col 1:16 For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him.
    Col 1:17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.
    Col 1:18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, . so that in everything he might have the supremacy

kerwin
    Participant

T,

We agree on one.

2) The word of God is a middle party between God and man which you can see by the law of Mosses and by the prophets that sought to reconcile the children of Israel to God.

3) I am not going there yet.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Jan. 09 2014,03:20)
    T,

We agree on one.

2) The word of God is a middle party between God and man which you can see by the law of Mosses and by the prophets that sought to reconcile the children of Israel to God.

K

2) NO ,IN FACT JESUS THE WORD ;IS THE SPOKESPERSON FOR THE ENTIRE CREATION ,ANGELS OR MEN

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Jan. 09 2014,03:26)

T,

We agree on one.

K

2) NO ,IN FACT JESUS THE WORD ;IS THE SPOKESPERSON FOR THE ENTIRE CREATION ,ANGELS OR MEN

T,

So for some reason you do not want to see such a simple truth that does not even contradict your chosen doctrine.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Jan. 09 2014,04:01)

Quote (terraricca @ Jan. 09 2014,03:26)

T,

We agree on one.

K

T,

So for some reason you do not want to see such a simple truth that does not even contradict your chosen doctrine.

K

THE SCALE OF THE SON OF GOD HIS CREATION WHILE THE SCALE OF MOSES AND THE PROPHET WAS THE NATION OF ISRAEL ,THE SHADOW OF THINK TO COME

kerwin
    Participant

T,

The children of Israel were to be a light to the Gentiles and they did just that when both the Messiah and his messengers came from among them to spread his message throughout the world.

The word that came to the people was written on stone and paper but the word that Jesus brings is written on the human heart but never the less it is still the word of God. Stone and paper are a shadow of the heart of men.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Jan. 09 2014,04:48)
    T,

The children of Israel were to be a light to the Gentiles and they did just that when both the Messiah and his messengers came from among them to spread his message throughout the world.

The word that came to the people was written on stone and paper but the word that Jesus brings is written on the human heart but never the less it is still the word of God.  Stone and paper are a shadow of the heart of men.

k

dID YOU ever read the first commandment ? you really should read it again  ,and see if the law was not intended to be written in the heart ,

also understand that yes ISRAEL SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE LIGHT OF THE NATIONS BUT TOTALLY FAILED THEY REBEL AGAINST THEIR GOD ,

YOU SHOULD ALSO UNDERSTAND NO ONE CAN WRITE SOME THING ON MEN'S HEART UNLESS THE PERSON IT SELF WANT IT AND ASK FOR TO GOD ,

STONE AND PAPER HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH ANYTHING

WHAT IS IMPORTANT IS THAT GOD HAD SEND HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON DOWN TO EARTH UNDER THE COVER OF FLESH TO PAY THE PRICE FOR OUR SINS ,

THIS IS THE REAL PART NOT A SHADOW

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Wakeup @ Jan. 08 2014,07:39)
    Jammin.

Revelation 19:13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
    Revelation 19:12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he **had** a name written, that no man **knew**, but he himself.

HAD=PAST TENSE. KNEW=PAST TENSE.

Past tense from WHAT PERSPECTIVE, Wakeup? From today? From 2000 years ago when John received his revelation from God?

Or was he saying that AT THE TIME the rider was on the white horse, he had a name nobody knew?

Of course it is the latter one. We don't yet know that new name Jesus received. In fact, right up to the time Jesus mounts his white horse in preparation to do battle against Satan and his hordes, nobody knows that new name.

Get it? At the time he is actually on that horse, nobody knows that new name. And him being on that horse hasn't even yet happened – so it is clear that nobody knows his new name right now.

Agreed?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Wakeup @ Jan. 08 2014,12:57)
    When God's Word was made flesh(a human) His name is Jesus. But now, He is back as the Word of God.

Wakeup, are you saying he is no longer Jesus?

Don't YOU also believe that, Wakeup?  Or do you believe the one who was crucified was someone OTHER THAN God?

Which one do you believe?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ Jan. 08 2014,14:33)
    1.  God's word commands all things that are in heaven and on earth and so does Jesus.

2.  God's word is a mediator between God and man and is Jesus.

Please explain these claims, Kerwin.

1.  Do you believe God's word is a living being in heaven who goes about making commands to other beings in heaven and on earth?

2.  Are you saying that God's spoken words are living beings who come and talk to us about things God said?  And that we can ask these words some questions, and they will take our questions to God and get back to us with His answers?

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Jan. 09 2014,12:27)

Quote (Wakeup @ Jan. 08 2014,07:39)
    Jammin.

Past tense from WHAT PERSPECTIVE, Wakeup?  From today?  From 2000 years ago when John received his revelation from God?

Or was he saying that AT THE TIME the rider was on the white horse, he had a name nobody knew?

Of course it is the latter one.  We don't yet know that new name Jesus received.  In fact, right up to the time Jesus mounts his white horse in preparation to do battle against Satan and his hordes, nobody knows that new name.

Get it?  At the time he is actually on that horse, nobody knows that new name.  And him being on that horse hasn't even yet happened – so it is clear that nobody knows his new name right now.

Agreed?

Mike b.

Of course it is from the day he was on that white horse.
    It was said that no one *knew* Him.
    Just as Jesus said in luke 10.
    No one *knows* him and His father.

The Word of God's name is the Word of God.
    If you can tell me your word's name,then I can tell you
    His name.

wakeup.

jammin
    Participant

Quote (Wakeup @ Jan. 09 2014,05:57)

Quote (jammin @ Jan. 09 2014,03:44)

wakeup,

rev 19.13

do you understand that?

Jammin.

and also The father.

*HIS NAME IS CALLED*

wakeup.

do you understand that?

who is that HE?

i dont know what kind of english training do you have. i think you  are not an american or english man. are you an asian?

Jammin.

What difference does that make if I'm an asian,and that my english is not perfect? This is a sign of instant defence,because of insecurity.No need for this.

You said that your word has no name,this I agree.
    Your word is called Jammin's word.

God's Word is called the Word of God.
    *He* is a living Word,and so is the Holy Spirit,God's spirit.
    What is the Holy spirit's name?

No man knew Him,and no man knows the Father.
    Only whom the Son will reveal him,will truly know who He really is,and whom the father is.

You believe that the Word is also God the Father.
    This is not the truth,for God gave his only begotten son to
    the world;not himself.
    This is not the truth. God had never suffered death,but His son did.
    Most in the christian world believe as you do.
    This is the reason Jesus said;NO MAN KNOW'S HIM AND HIS FATHER,BUT *HE* WHOM THE SON WILL REVEAL HIM.

We can have a healthy dialogue without  name calling.

wakeup.

my word cant be called HE. your argument is non sense. you dont understand the meaning of the verse. you have to study first the language before talking to this forum. there is no discrimination here. i just want you to study first because that is for your own good.

ill repeat, my word cant be called HE. rev 19.13 says HE is called the Word of God. it is very clear that the Word of God is a name of christ.

make your own bible

jammin
    Participant

rev 19.13 did not say God's word is called the Word of GOd. what version is that? hahaha.

make your own bible.

rev 19.13 said HE is called the word of God and that HE is Cristo himself

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Jan. 09 2014,12:32)

Wakeup, are you saying he is no longer Jesus?

Don't YOU also believe that, Wakeup?  Or do you believe the one who was crucified was someone OTHER THAN God?

Which one do you believe?

Mike B.

Does not the scripture mention a NEW NAME?
    Why does he need a NEW NAME?
    If your name will be changed ;it wont be mike any more would it?

wakeup.

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Jan. 09 2014,20:58)
    rev 19.13 did not say God's word is called the Word of GOd. what version is that? hahaha.

make your own bible.

rev 19.13 said HE is called the word of God and that HE is Cristo himself

Jammin.

You are forgetting;we are speaking of the Word of God here.
    Not just any word.
    The Holy spirit is also addressed as He. ??
    Jammin; HIS name is called the WORD OF GOD.
    And I am just trying to explain it with my own words.

It was not meant to be a joke,I dont see anything funny.

wakeup.

Viewing 20 posts - 15,201 through 15,220 (of 25,909 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account