JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 15,121 through 15,140 (of 25,909 total)
  • Author
    jammin
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Dec. 29 2013,08:52)

Quote (jammin @ Dec. 28 2013,20:30)
    Kerwin,
    Many versions said christ was the Word in jn1:1 and it supports rev19:13. You said no but until now you have no proof. For you to win, you must publish the king kerwin version hahaha

Jammin,

A word for word translation will not say it because it is not written.  The only cases when a version states it is when the translator inserts his opinion into the passage.

No matter what you say, it will not prove your case. Rev 19:13 said christ was the Word of God. John will never contradict himself. Make your own bible and change jn1:1 and rev19:13. Hahaha. And your new heaven and new earth doctrine dont forget to put that in those verses hahaha

terraricca
    Participant

k

He is not the word but he gives flesh to the utterance of God.

it does not say in scriptures utterance;but it says THE WORD or THE SON or JESUS CHRIST ,

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Dec. 29 2013,10:04)

Quote (kerwin @ Dec. 29 2013,03:59)

Quote (terraricca @ Dec. 28 2013,05:46)

Quote (kerwin @ Dec. 28 2013,02:07)

Quote (jammin @ Dec. 27 2013,23:18)

Quote (kerwin @ Dec. 26 2013,17:08)

Quote (jammin @ Dec. 26 2013,05:46)
    Kerwin
    You said new heaven and new earth but i cnt read that in jn1:1-3 . That is your opinion. I gave you a word for word verse that jn1:1 speaks about cristo but you dnt want to accept. It is very obvious that your belief is false.

Jammin,

All things were are made were made by the word of God just as Genesis teaches us.  The renewal of things is no different.

You choose not to understand these things but instead let others understand them for you.

It is my choice to seek instead of letting others do so for me and so my hope is to participate in the renewal.

therefore it is not really written in jn 1.1-3 new heaven and new earth.

hahaha

Jammin,

I already told you that John 1:1-3 is speaking of the word that comes out of God's mouth and not about Jesus.

I actually challenged you to find where Jesus is called the Word previous to his conception and you failed to find a creditable reference.

k

you believe that ,but it does speaks about Christ read verse 14

T,

I believe the word of God was transitioned to flesh and the flesh was Jesus'.  It transitioned from God's utterance.

K

your believe is false ,because that is not what Christ said ,neither his disciples

be careful to read this ;

Jn 17:6 “I have revealed you to those whom you gave me out of the world. They were yours; you gave them to me and they have obeyed YOUR WORD.
    Jn 17:7 Now they know that everything you have given me comes from you.
    Jn 17:8 For I gave them the words”(THIS IS NOT CHRIST NOR THE WORD “) you gave me and they accepted them. They knew with certainty that  I came from you, and they believed that you sent me.

YOU CAN SEE THAT CHRIST MAKE A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE WORDS OF GOD AND HIM COMING DOWN FROM THE FATHER AND SO AS BEEN SEND

I DO NOT SEE YOUR  ;
    utterance.

NOR GOD'S NOR CHRIST OR ANY ONE RELATED TO GOD ;BUT AS CHRIST SAID HE CONVEY THE WORDS OF WHICH HE WAS THE COURIER FOR BUT HE WAS NOT THE WORDS ,

T.

You are full of error:

Jn 17:8 For I gave them the words”(THIS IS NOT CHRIST NOR THE WORD “) you gave me and they accepted them. They knew with certainty that I came from you, and they believed that you sent me.

Well who is He then? The plumber,that was made flesh?

wakeup.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Wakeup @ Dec. 29 2013,20:05)

Kerwin
    You said new heaven and new earth but i cnt read that in jn1:1-3 . That is your opinion. I gave you a word for word verse that jn1:1 speaks about cristo but you dnt want to accept. It is very obvious that your belief is false.

Jammin,

All things were are made were made by the word of God just as Genesis teaches us.  The renewal of things is no different.

You choose not to understand these things but instead let others understand them for you.

It is my choice to seek instead of letting others do so for me and so my hope is to participate in the renewal.

hahaha

Jammin,

I already told you that John 1:1-3 is speaking of the word that comes out of God's mouth and not about Jesus.

I actually challenged you to find where Jesus is called the Word previous to his conception and you failed to find a creditable reference.

k

T,

I believe the word of God was transitioned to flesh and the flesh was Jesus'.  It transitioned from God's utterance.

K

your believe is false ,because that is not what Christ said ,neither his disciples

Jn 17:6 “I have revealed you to those whom you gave me out of the world. They were yours; you gave them to me and they have obeyed YOUR WORD.
    Jn 17:8 For I gave them the words”(THIS IS NOT CHRIST NOR THE WORD “) you gave me and they accepted them. They knew with certainty that  I came from you, and they believed that you sent me.

YOU CAN SEE THAT CHRIST MAKE A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE WORDS OF GOD AND HIM COMING DOWN FROM THE FATHER AND SO AS BEEN SEND

I DO NOT SEE YOUR  ;
    utterance.

NOR GOD'S NOR CHRIST OR ANY ONE RELATED TO GOD ;BUT AS CHRIST SAID HE CONVEY THE WORDS OF WHICH HE WAS THE COURIER FOR BUT HE WAS NOT THE WORDS ,

T.

You are full of error:

wakeup.

w

you should read my quote again it seems you did not understand it

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Dec. 30 2013,02:47)

Kerwin

Jammin,

hahaha

Jammin,

k

T,

K

I DO NOT SEE YOUR  ;
    utterance.

T.

You are full of error:

wakeup.

w

you should read my quote again it seems you did not understand it

T.

You are in error.

God gave him the words to speak through his mind,
    because *HE IS* THE the word of God.

Don't you use your head first before you speak?

wakeup.

terraricca
    Participant

W

T.

You are in error.

wakeup.

WAS JESUS A ROBOT ??? WITHOUT A WILL OF HIS OWN ???

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Dec. 29 2013,12:54)

Quote (kerwin @ Dec. 29 2013,08:52)

Quote (jammin @ Dec. 28 2013,20:30)
    Kerwin,
    Many versions said christ was the Word in jn1:1 and it supports rev19:13. You said no but until now you have no proof. For you to win, you must publish the king kerwin version hahaha

Jammin,

A word for word translation will not say it because it is not written.  The only cases when a version states it is when the translator inserts his opinion into the passage.

No matter what you say, it will not prove your case. Rev 19:13 said christ was the Word of God. John will never contradict himself. Make your own bible and change jn1:1 and rev19:13. Hahaha. And your new heaven and new earth doctrine dont forget to put that in those verses hahaha

Jammin,

Please! you are well aware that by the time the event John describes in Revelations the word is personified in Jesus. Even you fellow Trinitarians are aware of that.

The word is not a person even though it is personified in Scripture. Trinitarians even get it but you choose not to.

The theological meaning of “word” within Scripture spans a wide theological spectrum. From the divine point of view, it consists of God revealing something about himself through his spoken word, which is ultimately and perfectly personified in his Son, Jesus Christ. In a broader sense, it designates Scripture itself. In contrast, the human word mirrors the human condition: it is limited, fallen, and dependent on divine intervention for restoration and sustenance.

I think the source is Trinitarian but they are still correct in many ways. If they would just stop the foolishness of teaching Jesus is God incarnate.

Note: word. I previously posted the from the quote down to Mike.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Dec. 29 2013,13:06)
    k

He is not the word but he gives flesh to the utterance of God.

it does not say in scriptures utterance;but it says THE WORD  or THE SON  or JESUS CHRIST ,

T,

You obviously are unaware that the word comes out of God's mouth. From what I see you have no idea why Jesus is called by the name of the Word of God in Revelations. It is because Jesus personifies the word of God.

The theological meaning of “word” within Scripture spans a wide theological spectrum. From the divine point of view, it consists of God revealing something about himself through his spoken word, which is ultimately and perfectly personified in his Son, Jesus Christ. In a broader sense, it designates Scripture itself. In contrast, the human word mirrors the human condition: it is limited, fallen, and dependent on divine intervention for restoration and sustenance.

I think the source is Trinitarian but they are still correct in many ways. If they would just stop the foolishness of teaching Jesus is God incarnate.

Note: word Same info I used in posts to others.

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Dec. 30 2013,09:23)
    W

T.

You are in error.

wakeup.

T.

Oh yes,He has his own feelings and will.
    But He dedicated His will to his Father.
    We should do that too.
    Dead to the flesh and live for God.

wakeup.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Wakeup @ Dec. 30 2013,06:54)

W

T.

You are in error.

wakeup.

T.

We should do that too.

wakeup.

W

SO IN THAT CASE HOW COULD HE BE THE SPOKEN WORDS OF GOD HIS FATHER ;???

YOU DO NOT MAKE SENS

IF JESUS IS HIS OWN BEING HE SO IS NOT WORDS BUT ONE PERFECT BEING THAT WAS BESIDE GOD HIS FATHER IN HEAVEN AND WAS SEND DOWN TO BECOME FLESH AND SO BECAME A SPOKESMAN FOR HIS FATHER GRACE TO ALL MEN

DO UNDERSTAND THAT ALL WHAT CHRIST AT TO SAY WAS ALREADY WRITTEN ;

YOU HAVE NO UNDERSTANDING

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Dec. 30 2013,12:33)

W

T.

You are in error.

wakeup.

T.

We should do that too.

wakeup.

W

YOU DO NOT MAKE SENS

IF JESUS IS HIS OWN BEING HE SO IS NOT WORDS BUT ONE PERFECT BEING THAT WAS BESIDE GOD HIS FATHER IN HEAVEN AND WAS SEND DOWN TO BECOME FLESH AND SO BECAME A SPOKESMAN FOR HIS FATHER GRACE TO ALL MEN

T.

You keep on saying that I dont understand.
    In fact it is you dont understand.

The word was made into a Man,with man's feelings.

wakeup.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Wakeup @ Dec. 30 2013,09:05)

Quote (terraricca @ Dec. 30 2013,12:33)

W

T.

You are in error.

wakeup.

T.

We should do that too.

wakeup.

W

YOU DO NOT MAKE SENS

T.

You keep on saying that I dont understand.
    In fact it is you dont understand.

The word was made into a Man,with man's feelings.

wakeup.

w

no one makes a being out of words

terraricca
    Participant

Kerwin

Jammin,

hahaha

Jammin,

k

T,

K

I DO NOT SEE YOUR  ;
    utterance.

T.

You are full of error:

wakeup.

w

the “HE” is the same than the “HIM” in Col 1;15-17

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Dec. 30 2013,14:45)

Kerwin

Jammin,

hahaha

Jammin,

k

T,

K

I DO NOT SEE YOUR  ;
    utterance.

T.

You are full of error:

wakeup.

w

the “HE” is the same than the “HIM” in Col 1;15-17

T.

HE/HIM IS THE WORD OF GOD IN JOHN 1.

HE /HIM IS JESUS IN THE GOSPELS.

wakeup.

terraricca
    Participant

w

T.

HE/HIM IS THE WORD OF GOD IN JOHN 1.

HE /HIM IS JESUS IN THE GOSPELS.

wakeup.

but not in Col ;1;16 ???

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ Dec. 29 2013,00:27)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Dec. 29 2013,07:53/)

I believe the question was:  Who became flesh and dwelled on earth with the glory of God's only begotten Son?

Because John called that one “the Word” in verse 14 and in verse 1.

Who was that person, Kerwin?

Mike,

The word is not a person even though it is personified in Scripture.  Trinitarians even get it but you choose not to.

And who is that Word personified AS in scripture, Kerwin?

What is the NAME of the PERSON the Word is “personified as”? (Hint: He dwelled on earth with the glory of God's only begotten Son. Does that help?)

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Dec. 31 2013,07:28)

I believe the question was:  Who became flesh and dwelled on earth with the glory of God's only begotten Son?

Mike,

The word is not a person even though it is personified in Scripture.  Trinitarians even get it but you choose not to.

What is the NAME of the PERSON the Word is “personified as”?  (Hint:  He dwelled on earth with the glory of God's only begotten Son.  Does that help?)

Mike,

Jesus is the personification of the word of God though he was not before he was conceived in his mother's womb.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Jan. 01 2014,04:24)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Dec. 31 2013,07:28)

Mike,

What is the NAME of the PERSON the Word is “personified as”?  (Hint:  He dwelled on earth with the glory of God's only begotten Son.  Does that help?)

Mike,

Jesus is the personification of the word of God though he was not before he was conceived in his mother's womb.

K

Code Sample
    personification

THIS COULD BE A DUMB QUESTION, BUT HOW CAN WORDS BE PERSONIFIED ???

WHAT CHEMISTRY IS THEIR INVOLVED ???

ARE THEIR ANY PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE TO EXPLAIN THIS ??? IN SCRIPTURES ???

kerwin
    Participant

T,

1 [count] a : a person who has a lot of a particular quality and who is the perfect example of someone who has that quality — often + of ▪ Your father is the personification of kindness and generosity. [=he is very kind and generous] ▪ He is the personification of evil.

I know of not other place where this method of teaching is specifically used but variations of it are used as well as types.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Jan. 01 2014,10:49)
    T,

1 [count] a : a person who has a lot of a particular quality and who is the perfect example of someone who has that quality — often + of ▪ Your father is the personification of kindness and generosity. [=he is very kind and generous] ▪ He is the personification of evil.

I know of not other place where this method of teaching is specifically used but variations of it are used as well as types.

K

So it could never be applied on words right ???

Viewing 20 posts - 15,121 through 15,140 (of 25,909 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account