JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 15,101 through 15,120 (of 25,909 total)
  • Author
    Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (tigger2 @ Dec. 27 2013,07:13)
    The Greek word in question is zoon[/] which simply means “living (one).”  It is Strong's #2226:

http://biblehub.com/greek/2226.htm " class="bbcode-link"> http://biblehub.com/greek/2226.htm

Tigger2.

Do you mean the word beast means living one?

wakeup.

tigger2
    Participant

Tigger2.

wakeup.

I mean what the link tells you: the Greek word for “living (one)” is zoon and is mistranslated in some Bibles as “beast.” There is a word for “beast” (or “wild beast”) and that is therion.

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (tigger2 @ Dec. 27 2013,08:40)

Tigger2.

wakeup.

I mean what the link tells you: the Greek word for “living (one)” is zoon and is mistranslated in some Bibles as “beast.”  There is a word for “beast” (or “wild beast”) and that is therion.

Tigger2.

So which do you believe?
    What the greek says, or what the bilble says.
    Are we and the angels not all living ones?
    As far as I know;we are not beasts.

wakeup.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Wakeup @ Dec. 27 2013,08:25)

Tigger2.

wakeup.

I mean what the link tells you: the Greek word for “living (one)” is zoon and is mistranslated in some Bibles as “beast.”  There is a word for “beast” (or “wild beast”) and that is therion.

Tigger2.

So which do you believe?

wakeup.

W

A MISS TRANSLATION OF THE KJV,THAT ALL IT MEANS

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Dec. 27 2013,15:45)

Tigger2.

wakeup.

Tigger2.

So which do you believe?

wakeup.

W

T.

You are a living one.
    Are you a beast?
    Shall I call you beast?

wakeup.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Wakeup @ Dec. 26 2013,20:25)
    Tigger2.

So which do you believe?

That's too funny, Wakeup.  :)  In what language do you think the New Testament of the Bible was written?

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Wakeup @ Dec. 27 2013,12:13)

Quote (terraricca @ Dec. 27 2013,15:45)

Tigger2.

wakeup.

Tigger2.

So which do you believe?

wakeup.

W

T.

You are a living one.
    Are you a beast?
    Shall I call you beast?

wakeup.

W

TO TELL ME I AM A BEAST WOULD SPECIFICALLY CALL ME A BEAST ,RIGHT THIS WOULD MEAN THAT YOU KNOW FOR SURE THAT I AM A BEAST ,

BUT YOU KNOW I AM WRITING TO YOU AND SO CANNOT BE POSSIBLY A BEAST BECAUSE BEAST DO NOT KNOW HOW TO WRITE ,RIGHT ???

SO NO THEIR ARE NO BEAST IN HEAVEN ,IF THE ANGEL MIX WITH MEN WAS BAD HOW COULD BEAST GO UP TO HEAVEN
    THIS BEATS ME

jammin
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Dec. 26 2013,17:08)

Quote (jammin @ Dec. 26 2013,05:46)
    Kerwin
    You said new heaven and new earth but i cnt read that in jn1:1-3 . That is your opinion. I gave you a word for word verse that jn1:1 speaks about cristo but you dnt want to accept. It is very obvious that your belief is false.

Jammin,

All things were are made were made by the word of God just as Genesis teaches us.  The renewal of things is no different.

You choose not to understand these things but instead let others understand them for you.

It is my choice to seek instead of letting others do so for me and so my hope is to participate in the renewal.

therefore it is not really written in jn 1.1-3 new heaven and new earth.

hahaha

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Dec. 27 2013,23:18)

Kerwin
    You said new heaven and new earth but i cnt read that in jn1:1-3 . That is your opinion. I gave you a word for word verse that jn1:1 speaks about cristo but you dnt want to accept. It is very obvious that your belief is false.

Jammin,

All things were are made were made by the word of God just as Genesis teaches us.  The renewal of things is no different.

You choose not to understand these things but instead let others understand them for you.

It is my choice to seek instead of letting others do so for me and so my hope is to participate in the renewal.

hahaha

Jammin,

I already told you that John 1:1-3 is speaking of the word that comes out of God's mouth and not about Jesus.

I actually challenged you to find where Jesus is called the Word previous to his conception and you failed to find a creditable reference.

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Dec. 28 2013,02:39)

Quote (Wakeup @ Dec. 26 2013,20:25)
    Tigger2.

So which do you believe?

That's too funny, Wakeup.  :)  In what language do you think the New Testament of the Bible was written?

Mike B.

I am speaking of the english language.
    The word beast is the appropriate word to use.
    Not living one nor creature.
    For we are all creatures;angels are creatures.
    Those four beasts around God's throne are different.
    They each have FOUR different heads each,and four wings.
    The Seraphims have one animal head each, and six wings.

wakeup.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Dec. 28 2013,02:07)

Kerwin

Jammin,

hahaha

Jammin,

I already told you that John 1:1-3 is speaking of the word that comes out of God's mouth and not about Jesus.

I actually challenged you to find where Jesus is called the Word previous to his conception and you failed to find a creditable reference.

k

you believe that ,but it does speaks about Christ read verse 14

jammin
    Participant

Kerwin,
    Many versions said christ was the Word in jn1:1 and it supports rev19:13. You said no but until now you have no proof. For you to win, you must publish the king kerwin version hahaha

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ Dec. 27 2013,14:07)

Challenge successfully answered:

John 1:1 combined with John 1:14.

The one who became flesh and dwelled on earth with the glory of God's only begotten Son was called “the Word” by John in verse 14.  This is the same person who was called “the Word” by John in verse 1, and said to have been with God in the beginning – before all things were created through him.

So all that's left for you to do is to tell us who, exactly, became flesh and dwelled on earth with the glory of God's only begotten Son. (Hint: The answer is “Jesus”.)

You can pretend that these scriptures don't say what they so CLEARLY do say, Kerwin.  But your pretense is of no concern to those who truly seek the truth of the scriptures.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Dec. 28 2013,21:08)

The one who became flesh and dwelled on earth with the glory of God's only begotten Son was called “the Word” by John in verse 14.  This is the same person who was called “the Word” by John in verse 1, and said to have been with God in the beginning – before all things were created through him.

So all that's left for you to do is to tell us who, exactly, became flesh and dwelled on earth with the glory of God's only begotten Son.  (Hint:  The answer is “Jesus”.)

You can pretend that these scriptures don't say what they so CLEARLY do say, Kerwin.  But your pretense is of no concern to those who truly seek the truth of the scriptures.

Mike,

All that proves is that you are trying to use your preconceived ideas about a passage to prove your preconceived ideas about the same passage. It is called circular reasoning and it a fallacy.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Dec. 28 2013,20:30)
    Kerwin,
    Many versions said christ was the Word in jn1:1 and it supports rev19:13. You said no but until now you have no proof. For you to win, you must publish the king kerwin version hahaha

Jammin,

A word for word translation will not say it because it is not written.  The only cases when a version states it is when the translator inserts his opinion into the passage.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Dec. 28 2013,05:46)

Kerwin

Jammin,

hahaha

Jammin,

k

T,

I believe the word of God was transitioned to flesh and the flesh was Jesus'. It transitioned from God's utterance.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Dec. 29 2013,03:59)

Kerwin

Jammin,

hahaha

Jammin,

k

T,

I believe the word of God was transitioned to flesh and the flesh was Jesus'.  It transitioned from God's utterance.

K

your believe is false ,because that is not what Christ said ,neither his disciples

be careful to read this ;

Jn 17:6 “I have revealed you to those whom you gave me out of the world. They were yours; you gave them to me and they have obeyed YOUR WORD.
    Jn 17:7 Now they know that everything you have given me comes from you.
    Jn 17:8 For I gave them the words”(THIS IS NOT CHRIST NOR THE WORD “) you gave me and they accepted them. They knew with certainty that I came from you, and they believed that you sent me.

YOU CAN SEE THAT CHRIST MAKE A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE WORDS OF GOD AND HIM COMING DOWN FROM THE FATHER AND SO AS BEEN SEND

I DO NOT SEE YOUR ;
    utterance.

NOR GOD'S NOR CHRIST OR ANY ONE RELATED TO GOD ;BUT AS CHRIST SAID HE CONVEY THE WORDS OF WHICH HE WAS THE COURIER FOR BUT HE WAS NOT THE WORDS ,

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Dec. 29 2013,05:04)

Quote (kerwin @ Dec. 29 2013,03:59)

Kerwin

Jammin,

hahaha

Jammin,

k

T,

I believe the word of God was transitioned to flesh and the flesh was Jesus'.  It transitioned from God's utterance.

K

your believe is false ,because that is not what Christ said ,neither his disciples

be careful to read this ;

Jn 17:6 “I have revealed you to those whom you gave me out of the world. They were yours; you gave them to me and they have obeyed YOUR WORD.
    Jn 17:7 Now they know that everything you have given me comes from you.
    Jn 17:8 For I gave them the words”(THIS IS NOT CHRIST NOR THE WORD “) you gave me and they accepted them. They knew with certainty that  I came from you, and they believed that you sent me.

YOU CAN SEE THAT CHRIST MAKE A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE WORDS OF GOD AND HIM COMING DOWN FROM THE FATHER AND SO AS BEEN SEND

I DO NOT SEE YOUR  ;
    utterance.

NOR GOD'S NOR CHRIST OR ANY ONE RELATED TO GOD ;BUT AS CHRIST SAID HE CONVEY THE WORDS OF WHICH HE WAS THE COURIER FOR BUT HE WAS NOT THE WORDS ,

T,

That is a literal translation of the statement in John 1:14. You just want “the word” to be a name and not actually the word. The only evidence you have that “the word” is a name is the testimony of Trinitarians and those that come from that belief.

The story of creation teaches us all things that are created were created by the utterance of God. Jesus does the things he does because God speaks the utterance of God by him.

He is not the word but he gives flesh to the utterance of God.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ Dec. 28 2013,15:47)

So all that's left for you to do is to tell us who, exactly, became flesh and dwelled on earth with the glory of God's only begotten Son.  (Hint:  The answer is “Jesus”.)

Mike,

All that proves is that you are trying to use your preconceived ideas about a passage to prove your preconceived ideas about the same passage.  It is called circular reasoning and it a fallacy.

I believe the question was: Who became flesh and dwelled on earth with the glory of God's only begotten Son?

Because John called that one “the Word” in verse 14 and in verse 1.

Who was that person, Kerwin?

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Dec. 29 2013,07:53)

Quote (kerwin @ Dec. 28 2013,15:47)

Mike,

All that proves is that you are trying to use your preconceived ideas about a passage to prove your preconceived ideas about the same passage.  It is called circular reasoning and it a fallacy.

I believe the question was:  Who became flesh and dwelled on earth with the glory of God's only begotten Son?

Because John called that one “the Word” in verse 14 and in verse 1.

Who was that person, Kerwin?

Mike,

The word is not a person even though it is personified in Scripture.  Trinitarians even get it but you choose not to.

The theological meaning of “word” within Scripture spans a wide theological spectrum. From the divine point of view, it consists of God revealing something about himself through his spoken word, which is ultimately and perfectly personified in his Son, Jesus Christ. In a broader sense, it designates Scripture itself. In contrast, the human word mirrors the human condition: it is limited, fallen, and dependent on divine intervention for restoration and sustenance.

I think the source is Trinitarian but they are still correct in many ways. If they would just stop the foolishness of teaching Jesus is God incarnate.

Note: word

Viewing 20 posts - 15,101 through 15,120 (of 25,909 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account