JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 14,981 through 15,000 (of 25,909 total)
  • Author
    terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Dec. 11 2013,09:32)

Quote (terraricca @ Dec. 11 2013,05:15)

Quote (kerwin @ Dec. 09 2013,22:11)

Quote (terraricca @ Dec. 09 2013,19:45)

Quote (kerwin @ Dec. 09 2013,05:09)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Dec. 08 2013,21:23)

Quote (kerwin @ Dec. 07 2013,13:14)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Dec. 08 2013,00:09)
    Read his words in the parenthesis, Kerwin.  Then tell me it is an “if” situation.

Mike,

I already covered that when I wrote:

Paul is the stating that there a those called gods.

AS INDEED THERE ARE MANY GODS, AND MANY LORDS.

Do you believe Paul, Kerwin?

Mike,

I believe him in that he is merely stating there are those called gods.  He is just answering his own if statement.

He is neither affirming or denying that there are gods other than Jehovah.

K

what about GOD IS THE GOD OF GODS ;

WHO ARE THE GODS OVER WHICH GOD IS GOD OVER ????

T,

What it means depends on the context.

Deuteronomy 10:12-22
    Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

12 And now, Israel, what doth the Lord thy God require of thee, but to fear the Lord thy God, to walk in all his ways, and to love him, and to serve the Lord thy God with all thy heart and with all thy soul, 13 to keep the commandments of the Lord, and his statutes, which I command thee this day for thy good? 14 Behold, the heaven and the heaven of heavens is the Lord’s thy God, the earth also, with all that therein is. 15 Only the Lord had a delight in thy fathers to love them, and he chose their seed after them, even you above all people, as it is this day. 16 Circumcise therefore the foreskin of your heart, and be no more stiffnecked. 17 For the Lord your God is God of gods, and Lord of lords, a great God, a mighty, and a terrible, which regardeth not persons, nor taketh reward: 18 he doth execute the judgment of the fatherless and widow, and loveth the stranger, in giving him food and raiment. 19 Love ye therefore the stranger: for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt. 20 Thou shalt fear the Lord thy God; him shalt thou serve, and to him shalt thou cleave, and swear by his name. 21 He is thy praise, and he is thy God, that hath done for thee these great and terrible things, which thine eyes have seen. 22 Thy fathers went down into Egypt with threescore and ten persons; and now the Lord thy God hath made thee as the stars of heaven for multitude.

In this case he is instructing the people of Israel to be gods in their behavior if they desire to be counted among those he is the God of. Satan is not a god in this usage.

k

I do not read what you interpreting to be ,

may be you should have a second look

T,

The beginning of the statement is ” Circumcise therefore the foreskin of your heart, and be no more stiffnecked” and then it states “For” and the reason it gives is ” For the Lord your God is God of gods, and Lord of lords, a great God, a mighty, and a terrible, which regardeth not persons, nor taketh reward:  he doth execute the judgment of the fatherless and widow, and loveth the stranger, in giving him food and raiment”

By circumcising their hearts they become a people worthy to call Jehovah their God.

k

In this case he is instructing the people of Israel to be gods in their behavior if they desire to be counted among those he is the God of.

this is your statement is not true ,because how would you also apply LORD OF LORDS ???

jammin
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Dec. 11 2013,14:39)

Quote (jammin @ Dec. 11 2013,08:08)

Quote (kerwin @ Dec. 11 2013,03:37)

Quote (jammin @ Dec. 10 2013,21:04)

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Dec. 09 2013,02:06)
    Jammin……..You have followed false teachings so long , why not just stop and start anew. Just start by asking yourself some simple questions, like if John wanted to mean Jesus in John 1:1, would he just not have written Jesus name there, simply logic would tell you, yes he would have, if that is what he meant. Understand there is no lower case words in the original scriptures that was added later, by translators who were trinitarians, and the meaning of word is simply and “INTELLEGENT UTTERANCE” nothing more and mothing less, Your word and you are one and the same and LORD our GOD'S word are one and the same also. Thre is no “MYSTERIOUS” Meaning to it at all, everyone knows that.

Why did Jesus say to us, he was gong to “HIS”, God and “OUR” God if he was God himself God's don't go to GOD”S, do they? and what do you do with this scripture we know that there are no idols in the world and that there is “NO” GOD, but “ONE”. now if there are no Gods but one and Jesus said He was Going to that God, why is it that you believe Jesus is a God? or do you believe he was going to himself? when he said that. Don't you see you would have to go to all kinds of twist and turn to even try to make that fit. My advise to you is to just stop and reconsider some of the thing that have been told to you over the years. IMO

peace and love to you and yours………………………….gene

you say false bec you dont believe to what is written.
    i can read that Christ was the Word in john 1.1 but you dont want to accept it. why dont you start making your own bible LOL

Jammin,

Do you believe Jesus has a God?

If not then you believe he was a liar when he called Yahweh his God.

i believe JESUS has a GOD but that GOD called his son also God
    heb 1.8

you believe not the whole truth of the bible.

Jammin,

He also call every other Hebrew that received the word of God through Mosses, god.  

John 10:34-35

34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods? 35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;

Jesus also admitted to being the brother of other humans.

Do you state Yahweh is Jesus' God?
    Do you state Jesus is the brother of other humans?

Yahweh never states Jesus is his God.

god but not God.
    there is a huge difference between god and God.

Christ is God and not god because he created the heavens

heb 1.10
    10 And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning didst lay the foundation of the earth, And the heavens are the works of thy hands:

those god cant create heavens. they are not the creator. they are just created.
    i suggest that you should think first before you talk

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Jammin………I suggest, you Stop and reject all teaching you have received from “churches” in the past and start over,  Pray about it and start by seeing is=f scriptur support that Jesus is a “TRUE” God of any kind, If he were it would make him a liar, or a deciver, when He in prayer said for thou (someone other then himself) are the “ONLY” True GOD. Now Just thingk about that and don;t go of into other tangents, let that scripture find a place in you heart, it will become a seed that will grow in you brother and bring forth much fruit by its ownself.

Now learn this Parable……. A man plant good seed in his field and went to sleep and rose the next day and went abut his business, and soon the seed pushed up a shaft through the earth, first a shaft then a leaf,and the the fruit, the man did not know how it did it , because the earth (heart) brings forth from it self. So please brother just sow this prayer in you heart, for though are the “ONLY” “TRUE” GOD   all other so-called GOD”S or god's, then are false God, and let this also be sown in your heart also [/B] 1 Cor 8:4 , we know that there is no idol in the world and that there is “NO God, but “ONE”

Also remember all scripture was originally written in upper case lettering and there was no lower case lettering until around 900 AD it was added by translators who were trying to force the text to say what they wanted it to. IMO

peace and love to you ans yours brother………………gene

jammin
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Dec. 12 2013,03:43)
    Jammin………I suggest, you Stop and reject all teaching you have received from “churches” in the past and start over,  Pray about it and start by seeing is=f scriptur support that Jesus is a “TRUE” God of any kind, If he were it would make him a liar, or a deciver, when He in prayer said for thou (someone other then himself) are the “ONLY” True GOD. Now Just thingk about that and don;t go of into other tangents, let that scripture find a place in you heart, it will become a seed that will grow in you brother and bring forth much fruit by its ownself.

Now learn this Parable……. A man plant good seed in his field and went to sleep and rose the next day and went abut his business, and soon the seed pushed up a shaft through the earth, first a shaft then a leaf,and the the fruit, the man did not know how it did it , because the earth (heart) brings forth from it self. So please brother just sow this prayer in you heart, for though are the “ONLY” “TRUE” GOD   all other so-called GOD”S or god's, then are false God, and  let this also be sown in your heart also [/B] 1 Cor 8:4 , we know that there is no idol in the world and that there is “NO God, but “ONE”

Also remember all scripture was originally written in upper case lettering and there was no lower case lettering until around 900 AD it was added by translators who were trying to force the text to say what they wanted it to. IMO

peace and love to you ans yours brother………………gene

it's the teaching of the apostles. i suggest you read your bible well and stop listening to the teachings of men.

jammin
    Participant

gene,

you cant disregard heb 1.10 just like that. if you dont believe what heb 1.10 said, you should read comics and not the bible.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Jammin …….Every scripture i quoted is accurate and true, I have explained Heb 1:10 before , God was Present “IN” Jessu but that never made Jesus the God that was “IN” Him. and yes Heb addres the God that is in Him. By saying thy Kingdom O God is an elvelasting Kingdom, but Cor. say Jesus will turn over that Kingdom over to the God and will himself become subject to it as everyone else is. Now if Jesus is that God who establishes an “everlasting” Kingdom then why woul dhe turn it over to God and become “SUBJECT” to it HIMSEF?

Another point is this does that “ONE” scriptures, change all the others I and others have mentioned, does it change what Jesus said in Prayer thou are the “ONLY” “TRUE” GOD, and this, we know that there is no idol in the world and that there is “NO” GOD, but “ONE, and where God said he “LOOKED for other GOD and found “NONE” and where He said “I” and GOD and there is “NO” other, and again where He said “YOU SHALL HAVE “NO” OTHER GOD'S BESIDE “ME.

Jammin, take my advice and begin to question what you have been taught in the past and remember this the “TRUTH: is found in the “SUM” of Scriptures, all scriptures if truly understood will not contradict each other, and i have post to you many that do contradict your stand, which is a trinitarian and preexistence stand, at lest seriously check out what we are telling you, don;t let past indoctrination prevent you from seeking the truth brother.

peace and love to you and yours Jammin…………………………….gene

jammin
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Dec. 13 2013,02:08)
    Jammin …….Every scripture i quoted is accurate and true,  I have explained Heb 1:10 before , God was Present “IN” Jessu but that never made Jesus the God that was “IN” Him. and yes Heb addres the God that is in Him. By saying thy Kingdom O God is an elvelasting Kingdom, but Cor. say Jesus will turn over that Kingdom over to the God and will himself become subject to it as everyone else is. Now if Jesus is that God who establishes an “everlasting” Kingdom then why woul dhe turn it over to God and become “SUBJECT” to it HIMSEF?

Another point is this does that “ONE” scriptures, change all the others I  and others have mentioned, does it change what Jesus said in Prayer thou are the “ONLY” “TRUE” GOD, and this, we know that there is no idol in the world and that there is “NO” GOD, but “ONE, and where God said he “LOOKED for other GOD and found “NONE” and where He said “I” and GOD and there is “NO” other, and again where He said “YOU SHALL HAVE “NO” OTHER GOD'S BESIDE “ME.  

Jammin, take my advice and begin to question what you have been taught in the past and remember this the “TRUTH: is found in the “SUM” of Scriptures, all scriptures if truly understood will not contradict  each other, and i have post to you many that do contradict your stand, which is a trinitarian and preexistence stand, at lest seriously check out what we are telling you, don;t let past indoctrination prevent you from seeking the truth  brother.

i just want you to answer this question.

according to heb 1.10 the son created the heavens.

do you agree? yes or no?

i dont need your explanation. i just want you to answer yes or no gene

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Dec. 11 2013,10:48)

Quote (kerwin @ Dec. 11 2013,09:32)

Quote (terraricca @ Dec. 11 2013,05:15)

Quote (kerwin @ Dec. 09 2013,22:11)

Quote (terraricca @ Dec. 09 2013,19:45)

Quote (kerwin @ Dec. 09 2013,05:09)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Dec. 08 2013,21:23)

Quote (kerwin @ Dec. 07 2013,13:14)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Dec. 08 2013,00:09)
    Read his words in the parenthesis, Kerwin.  Then tell me it is an “if” situation.

Mike,

I already covered that when I wrote:

Paul is the stating that there a those called gods.

AS INDEED THERE ARE MANY GODS, AND MANY LORDS.

Do you believe Paul, Kerwin?

Mike,

I believe him in that he is merely stating there are those called gods.  He is just answering his own if statement.

He is neither affirming or denying that there are gods other than Jehovah.

K

what about GOD IS THE GOD OF GODS ;

WHO ARE THE GODS OVER WHICH GOD IS GOD OVER ????

T,

Deuteronomy 10:12-22

12 And now, Israel, what doth the Lord thy God require of thee, but to fear the Lord thy God, to walk in all his ways, and to love him, and to serve the Lord thy God with all thy heart and with all thy soul, 13 to keep the commandments of the Lord, and his statutes, which I command thee this day for thy good? 14 Behold, the heaven and the heaven of heavens is the Lord’s thy God, the earth also, with all that therein is. 15 Only the Lord had a delight in thy fathers to love them, and he chose their seed after them, even you above all people, as it is this day. 16 Circumcise therefore the foreskin of your heart, and be no more stiffnecked. 17 For the Lord your God is God of gods, and Lord of lords, a great God, a mighty, and a terrible, which regardeth not persons, nor taketh reward: 18 he doth execute the judgment of the fatherless and widow, and loveth the stranger, in giving him food and raiment. 19 Love ye therefore the stranger: for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt. 20 Thou shalt fear the Lord thy God; him shalt thou serve, and to him shalt thou cleave, and swear by his name. 21 He is thy praise, and he is thy God, that hath done for thee these great and terrible things, which thine eyes have seen. 22 Thy fathers went down into Egypt with threescore and ten persons; and now the Lord thy God hath made thee as the stars of heaven for multitude.

In this case he is instructing the people of Israel to be gods in their behavior if they desire to be counted among those he is the God of. Satan is not a god in this usage.

k

I do not read what you interpreting to be ,

may be you should have a second look

T,

The beginning of the statement is ” Circumcise therefore the foreskin of your heart, and be no more stiffnecked” and then it states “For” and the reason it gives is ” For the Lord your God is God of gods, and Lord of lords, a great God, a mighty, and a terrible, which regardeth not persons, nor taketh reward:  he doth execute the judgment of the fatherless and widow, and loveth the stranger, in giving him food and raiment”

By circumcising their hearts they become a people worthy to call Jehovah their God.

k

In this case he is instructing the people of Israel to be gods in their behavior if they desire to be counted among those he is the God of.

this is your statement is not true ,because how would you also apply LORD OF LORDS ???

T,

The Law calls those that received the word  a kingdom of priests.

Priests are called both lords and gods.  

Reference

Exodus 19:5-6

5 Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine: 6 and ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Dec. 13 2013,20:47)

Jammin …….Every scripture i quoted is accurate and true,  I have explained Heb 1:10 before , God was Present “IN” Jessu but that never made Jesus the God that was “IN” Him. and yes Heb addres the God that is in Him. By saying thy Kingdom O God is an elvelasting Kingdom, but Cor. say Jesus will turn over that Kingdom over to the God and will himself become subject to it as everyone else is. Now if Jesus is that God who establishes an “everlasting” Kingdom then why woul dhe turn it over to God and become “SUBJECT” to it HIMSEF?

Another point is this does that “ONE” scriptures, change all the others I  and others have mentioned, does it change what Jesus said in Prayer thou are the “ONLY” “TRUE” GOD, and this, we know that there is no idol in the world and that there is “NO” GOD, but “ONE, and where God said he “LOOKED for other GOD and found “NONE” and where He said “I” and GOD and there is “NO” other, and again where He said “YOU SHALL HAVE “NO” OTHER GOD'S BESIDE “ME.  

Jammin, take my advice and begin to question what you have been taught in the past and remember this the “TRUTH: is found in the “SUM” of Scriptures, all scriptures if truly understood will not contradict  each other, and i have post to you many that do contradict your stand, which is a trinitarian and preexistence stand, at lest seriously check out what we are telling you, don;t let past indoctrination prevent you from seeking the truth  brother.

do you agree? yes or no?

Jammin,

The new creation is created by the Son.

kerwin
    Participant

Jammin,

god but not God.
    there is a huge difference between god and God.

The difference is the translators chose to capitalize one and not the other.  I go along with it because Jesus is greater than his brothers.  Jesus is Jesus and not Yawheh.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Kerwin…….Yes “Trinitarians” translators did, but who gave them the right to change any thing written, to support their false understandings. All original Greek text were written in upper case lettering. You and I both know they did change Many things to alter the original teachings of Jesus and the Apostles, like translating words that can in some cases be accurately translated in over 40 or more different ways. WE must try to Sum all scriptures on any given subject to come to the truth, especially now, after so meany Trinitarian translator have over the years corrupted and forced the original text to meet Trinitarian and preexistence's false teachings.

But with the spirit of God we can filter out all the errors, IMO.

Peace and love to you and yours……………………………..gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Dec. 14 2013,01:47)

Jammin, take my advice and begin to question what you have been taught in the past and remember this the “TRUTH: is found in the “SUM” of Scriptures, all scriptures if truly understood will not contradict  each other, and i have post to you many that do contradict your stand, which is a trinitarian and preexistence stand, at lest seriously check out what we are telling you, don't let past indoctrination prevent you from seeking the truth  brother.

do you agree? yes or no?

Jammin………….Answer is “NO” Jesus never created anything, He never himself did one miracle either, or haven't you read where he said he did them by the (finger of God) or where he said, the son of man (Jesus), can Do “NOTHING” of himself, the Father who was “IN” him, HE does the WORKS.

Jammin, do what I told you to do, question everything you have been told, especially by Trinitarians, and Preexistence 's , they have filled your head with all kinds of false teachings. Scrap it all and seek the truth in prayer from God , and start over brother. Why should you not deliver your soul from the net you has fallen pray to?

Peace and love to you and yours………………………….gene

jammin
    Participant

gene

it is very clear that the son created the heavens

heb 1.10

make your own bible. you do not belong to the church of God. you like teachings from men.

jammin
    Participant

kerwin,

why dont you make your own english bible and make it all small letters. LOL

no translator will agree to you

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Dec. 15 2013,09:51)
    kerwin,

Jammin,

Are you claiming that no one but I believe that all things are created anew by Christ?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

I'd have an easier time believing it if you could show me the word “anew” in Col 1:16, 1 Cor 8:6, or Heb 1:2.

Can you do that, Kerwin?

jammin
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Dec. 17 2013,03:46)

kerwin,

Jammin,

Are you claiming that no one but I believe that all things are created anew by Christ?

i am claiming that no translator will support your all small letters english bible LOL

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Dec. 17 2013,05:11)
    I'd have an easier time believing it if you could show me the word “anew” in Col 1:16, 1 Cor 8:6, or Heb 1:2.

Can you do that, Kerwin?

Mike,

I get it from Revelations 21:5 and I use anew instead new because I remember hearing it that way.

They are also mentioned in 2nd Corinthians 5:17. Here is it in context.

2 Corinthians 5:17-19

17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. 18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation; 19 to wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Dec. 17 2013,09:19)

Quote (kerwin @ Dec. 17 2013,03:46)

kerwin,

Jammin,

i am claiming that no translator will support your all small letters english bible LOL

Jammin,

So your objection is that I treat the arbitrary use of capitalization in the English translations your know as of no account.   My reasoning is the translators you put so much stock in are predisposed to word all translations according to their preconceived ideas.  That means throwing in capitalization when it is in accordance with doctrine.

I have no idea why the KJV translators choose to capitalize heaven when it was the name of the sky but not when it was the name of the heaven of earth.  I would have chosen to capitalize the name of the realm of God's throne if I chose to capitalize either use.

If you choose to follow the crowd then then that is your choice but remember wide is the path that leads to destruction.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Dec. 15 2013,09:50)
    gene

it is very clear that the son created the heavens

heb 1.10

make your own bible. you do not belong to the church of God. you like teachings from men.

Jammin,

So according to you our Father who is in heaven did not create the heaven and the earth by his word?

Viewing 20 posts - 14,981 through 15,000 (of 25,909 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account