JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 14,961 through 14,980 (of 25,909 total)
  • Author
    GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Jammin……..You have followed false teachings so long , why not just stop and start anew. Just start by asking yourself some simple questions, like if John wanted to mean Jesus in John 1:1, would he just not have written Jesus name there, simply logic would tell you, yes he would have, if that is what he meant. Understand there is no lower case words in the original scriptures that was added later, by translators who were trinitarians, and the meaning of word is simply and “INTELLEGENT UTTERANCE” nothing more and mothing less, Your word and you are one and the same and LORD our GOD'S word are one and the same also. Thre is no “MYSTERIOUS” Meaning to it at all, everyone knows that.

Why did Jesus say to us, he was gong to “HIS”, God and “OUR” God if he was God himself God's don't go to GOD”S, do they? and what do you do with this scripture we know that there are no idols in the world and that there is “NO” GOD, but “ONE”. now if there are no Gods but one and Jesus said He was Going to that God, why is it that you believe Jesus is a God? or do you believe he was going to himself? when he said that. Don't you see you would have to go to all kinds of twist and turn to even try to make that fit. My advise to you is to just stop and reconsider some of the thing that have been told to you over the years. IMO

peace and love to you and yours………………………….gene

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ Dec. 07 2013,13:14)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Dec. 08 2013,00:09)
    Read his words in the parenthesis, Kerwin.  Then tell me it is an “if” situation.

Mike,

I already covered that when I wrote:

Paul is the stating that there a those called gods.

AS INDEED THERE ARE MANY GODS, AND MANY LORDS.

Do you believe Paul, Kerwin?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Lightenup @ Dec. 07 2013,14:13)
    When you talk about everyone that you know that is begotten had a beginning really just shows the uniqueness of the Son being an 'only' when it comes to His not having a beginning.

Kathi,

You're missing the point. First, to be begotten is NOT in contrast to being created. I believe you are good with this now.

Secondly, it wouldn't matter if Jesus was called the “only purple son”, the “only tall son”, or the “only elephant son”. Because the word “SON” tells us that he came into existence AFTER his Father had already existed.

There has NEVER been a son who began to exist from the same moment in time that his father began to exist. The father ALWAYS exists first, and then later brings forth the son. Why you would believe this would be different in the case of Jesus is beyond me.

I believe the “only begotten” signifies that Jesus is God's only son who was brought forth DIRECTLY from God – while all others came FROM God and THROUGH that firstborn Son. (1 Cor 8:6)

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Dec. 08 2013,21:23)

Read his words in the parenthesis, Kerwin.  Then tell me it is an “if” situation.

Mike,

Mike,

I believe him in that he is merely stating there are those called gods. He is just answering his own if statement.

He is neither affirming or denying that there are gods other than Jehovah.

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Dec. 08 2013,10:32)

When you talk about everyone that you know that is begotten had a beginning really just shows the uniqueness of the Son being an 'only' when it comes to His not having a beginning.

Kathi,

You're missing the point.  First, to be begotten is NOT in contrast to being created.  I believe you are good with this now.

Secondly, it wouldn't matter if Jesus was called the “only purple son”, the “only tall son”, or the “only elephant son”.  Because the word “SON” tells us that he came into existence AFTER his Father had already existed.

There has NEVER been a son who began to exist from the same moment in time that his father began to exist.  The father ALWAYS exists first, and then later brings forth the son.  Why you would believe this would be different in the case of Jesus is beyond me.

I believe the “only begotten” signifies that Jesus is God's only son who was brought forth DIRECTLY from God – while all others came FROM God and THROUGH that firstborn Son.  (1 Cor 8:6)

Yes Jesus was brought forth Mike…NOT made, merely brought forth. All other sons were made and were made indirectly by the Father and directly by the Son.

That would make two involved in the making of all things, one indirectly involved and one directly involved…Jehovah and Jehovah of hosts from Isaiah 8.

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Dec. 09 2013,15:57)

Kathi,

You're missing the point.  First, to be begotten is NOT in contrast to being created.  I believe you are good with this now.

Secondly, it wouldn't matter if Jesus was called the “only purple son”, the “only tall son”, or the “only elephant son”.  Because the word “SON” tells us that he came into existence AFTER his Father had already existed.

There has NEVER been a son who began to exist from the same moment in time that his father began to exist.  The father ALWAYS exists first, and then later brings forth the son.  Why you would believe this would be different in the case of Jesus is beyond me.

I believe the “only begotten” signifies that Jesus is God's only son who was brought forth DIRECTLY from God – while all others came FROM God and THROUGH that firstborn Son.  (1 Cor 8:6)

Yes Jesus was brought forth Mike…NOT made, merely brought forth. All other sons were made and were made indirectly by the Father and directly by the Son.

That would make two involved in the making of all things, one indirectly involved and one directly involved…Jehovah and Jehovah of hosts from Isaiah 8.

Lightenup.

This is true:there is ONE GOD.
    But not two jehovah's.
    One jehovah God, and His one only begotten Son.
    Which was the *Word of God himself*.
    The WORD OF GOD will come back again *as the WORD OF GOD*. NOT BY THE NAME JESUS. THAT WAS FINISHED.
    His work on earth at that time is done.(it is finished).
    His next job is to destroy Babylon the great, and collect his harvest, and store them in his kingdom on earth.

wakeup.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Dec. 09 2013,05:09)

Mike,

Mike,

I believe him in that he is merely stating there are those called gods.  He is just answering his own if statement.

K

what about GOD IS THE GOD OF GODS ;

WHO ARE THE GODS OVER WHICH GOD IS GOD OVER ????

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Dec. 09 2013,10:09)

Mike,

Mike,

I believe him in that he is merely stating there are those called gods.  He is just answering his own if statement.

Kerwin………You have it right, if we believe like Mike in all kinds of other God's, then it would completely be contrary to what God himself said and Jesus and Paul, Have you noticed Mike left off the rest of that scripture, but unto us (true believers) there is but ONE” God.

He is good at taking parts of scripture and applying it to his false dogmas. Remember the word God does not a person, it is a relationship to something, Our God YAHWEH  is the ONLY TRUE GOD for US, leaving all other as “FALSE” Gods. Mike will never “honestly” answer this scripture Kerwin,     we know that there is no idol in the world, and that there is “NO” GOD, but ONE. Nor will anyone else that believes in more then ONE GOD>

They say God did not “EMPHATICALLY” mean that he was the “ONLY GOD”, and that He looked for other God's and found none,  or when he said Thou shall have “NO” other GOD besides ME, he didn't really meant that according to them, So to them then God is lying> and when Jesus himself said thou are the “ONLY” “TRUE” GOD, he must have been lying also, and when Paul said “But to us (true Christians) there is but ONE GOD”> he also was a liar, according to them.

It is well said that in the latter days many would come saying that Jesus “is” or existed and would deceive many, How (by saying Jesus is a GOD)  thy would also profess GOD, but deny the POWER THEREOF and when they say he is not the only God , they are denying his Power. IMO

peace and love to you and yours………………………..gene

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Dec. 09 2013,19:45)

Mike,

Mike,

K

T,

What it means depends on the context.

Deuteronomy 10:12-22
    Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

12 And now, Israel, what doth the Lord thy God require of thee, but to fear the Lord thy God, to walk in all his ways, and to love him, and to serve the Lord thy God with all thy heart and with all thy soul, 13 to keep the commandments of the Lord, and his statutes, which I command thee this day for thy good? 14 Behold, the heaven and the heaven of heavens is the Lord’s thy God, the earth also, with all that therein is. 15 Only the Lord had a delight in thy fathers to love them, and he chose their seed after them, even you above all people, as it is this day. 16 Circumcise therefore the foreskin of your heart, and be no more stiffnecked. 17 For the Lord your God is God of gods, and Lord of lords, a great God, a mighty, and a terrible, which regardeth not persons, nor taketh reward: 18 he doth execute the judgment of the fatherless and widow, and loveth the stranger, in giving him food and raiment. 19 Love ye therefore the stranger: for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt. 20 Thou shalt fear the Lord thy God; him shalt thou serve, and to him shalt thou cleave, and swear by his name. 21 He is thy praise, and he is thy God, that hath done for thee these great and terrible things, which thine eyes have seen. 22 Thy fathers went down into Egypt with threescore and ten persons; and now the Lord thy God hath made thee as the stars of heaven for multitude.

In this case he is instructing the people of Israel to be gods in their behavior if they desire to be counted among those he is the God of. Satan is not a god in this usage.

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (Wakeup @ Dec. 09 2013,04:49)

Kathi,

Lightenup.

But not two jehovah's.
    The WORD OF GOD will come back again *as the WORD OF GOD*. NOT BY THE NAME JESUS. THAT WAS FINISHED.
    His next job is to destroy Babylon the great, and collect his harvest, and store them in his kingdom on earth.

wakeup.

Wakeup,
    There is one God-two Powers which the NT identifies as the Father and the only begotten Son…both are identified as Jehovah/God/Lord in scriptures.

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Dec. 10 2013,04:19)

Quote (Wakeup @ Dec. 09 2013,04:49)

Kathi,

Lightenup.

But not two jehovah's.

wakeup.

Wakeup,
    There is one God-two Powers which the NT identifies as the Father and the only begotten Son…both are identified as Jehovah/God/Lord in scriptures.

Lightenup.

THAT WONT WORK:

John 6:57 As the living Father hath sent me, and
    ***I live by the Father***:
    so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.

wakeup.

jammin
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Dec. 09 2013,02:06)
    Jammin……..You have followed false teachings so long , why not just stop and start anew. Just start by asking yourself some simple questions, like if John wanted to mean Jesus in John 1:1, would he just not have written Jesus name there, simply logic would tell you, yes he would have, if that is what he meant. Understand there is no lower case words in the original scriptures that was added later, by translators who were trinitarians, and the meaning of word is simply and “INTELLEGENT UTTERANCE” nothing more and mothing less, Your word and you are one and the same and LORD our GOD'S word are one and the same also. Thre is no “MYSTERIOUS” Meaning to it at all, everyone knows that.

Why did Jesus say to us, he was gong to “HIS”, God and “OUR” God if he was God himself God's don't go to GOD”S, do they? and what do you do with this scripture we know that there are no idols in the world and that there is “NO” GOD, but “ONE”. now if there are no Gods but one and Jesus said He was Going to that God, why is it that you believe Jesus is a God? or do you believe he was going to himself? when he said that. Don't you see you would have to go to all kinds of twist and turn to even try to make that fit. My advise to you is to just stop and reconsider some of the thing that have been told to you over the years. IMO

you say false bec you dont believe to what is written.
    i can read that Christ was the Word in john 1.1 but you dont want to accept it. why dont you start making your own bible LOL

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Jammin………..You believed that because that is what you have always been told, John did not mention Jesus is any of that , you are just as most trinitarian and preexistence's, substituting the word, “word” to meaning Jesus there, when in fact anyone know a person words and the person are one and the same thing , unless they are quoting someone else , as Jesus said he was, the words I am telling you are not “MY” words but the words of him who sent me Now if Jesus was the word himself , why would he say that? Common sense should tell you that Boy.

peace and love to you and yours…………………………………gene

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Dec. 10 2013,21:04)

i can read that Christ was the Word in john 1.1 but you dont want to accept it. why dont you start making your own bible LOL

Jammin,

Do you believe Jesus has a God?

If not then you believe he was a liar when he called Yahweh his God.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Dec. 09 2013,22:11)

Mike,

Mike,

K

T,

12 And now, Israel, what doth the Lord thy God require of thee, but to fear the Lord thy God, to walk in all his ways, and to love him, and to serve the Lord thy God with all thy heart and with all thy soul, 13 to keep the commandments of the Lord, and his statutes, which I command thee this day for thy good? 14 Behold, the heaven and the heaven of heavens is the Lord’s thy God, the earth also, with all that therein is. 15 Only the Lord had a delight in thy fathers to love them, and he chose their seed after them, even you above all people, as it is this day. 16 Circumcise therefore the foreskin of your heart, and be no more stiffnecked. 17 For the Lord your God is God of gods, and Lord of lords, a great God, a mighty, and a terrible, which regardeth not persons, nor taketh reward: 18 he doth execute the judgment of the fatherless and widow, and loveth the stranger, in giving him food and raiment. 19 Love ye therefore the stranger: for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt. 20 Thou shalt fear the Lord thy God; him shalt thou serve, and to him shalt thou cleave, and swear by his name. 21 He is thy praise, and he is thy God, that hath done for thee these great and terrible things, which thine eyes have seen. 22 Thy fathers went down into Egypt with threescore and ten persons; and now the Lord thy God hath made thee as the stars of heaven for multitude.

In this case he is instructing the people of Israel to be gods in their behavior if they desire to be counted among those he is the God of. Satan is not a god in this usage.

k

I do not read what you interpreting to be ,

may be you should have a second look

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Lightenup @ Dec. 08 2013,22:57)
    Yes Jesus was brought forth Mike…NOT made, merely brought forth.

Kathi,

The Hebrew word “yalad”, which is most often translated as “begotten”, technically means “brought forth”.

So Cain was BROUGHT FORTH by Adam. And Jesus was BROUGHT FORTH by his and our God, Jehovah.

jammin
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Dec. 11 2013,03:37)

Jammin,

i believe JESUS has a GOD but that GOD called his son also God
    heb 1.8

you believe not the whole truth of the bible.

jammin
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Dec. 11 2013,02:25)
    Jammin………..You believed that because that is what you have always been told, John did not mention Jesus is any of that , you are just as most trinitarian and preexistence's, substituting the word, “word” to meaning Jesus there, when in fact anyone know a person words and the person are one and the same thing , unless they are quoting someone else , as Jesus said he was, the words I am telling you are not “MY” words but the words of him who sent me Now if Jesus was the word himself , why would he say that? Common sense should tell you that Boy.

peace and love to you and yours…………………………………gene

context will tell you that the Word in jn 1.1 was Jesus.
    he is called the Word of GOd rev 19.13
    john will never tell that JESUS is called the Word of God if he was not the Word in john 1.1
    both books are written by john so we know that john is not contradicting himself.
    commentaries prove this and also most of the bible versions.

you believe what is not written in the bible and i cant blame you. may God open your eyes.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Dec. 11 2013,05:15)

Quote (kerwin @ Dec. 09 2013,22:11)

Mike,

Mike,

K

T,

k

I do not read what you interpreting to be ,

may be you should have a second look

T,

The beginning of the statement is ” Circumcise therefore the foreskin of your heart, and be no more stiffnecked” and then it states “For” and the reason it gives is ” For the Lord your God is God of gods, and Lord of lords, a great God, a mighty, and a terrible, which regardeth not persons, nor taketh reward: he doth execute the judgment of the fatherless and widow, and loveth the stranger, in giving him food and raiment”

By circumcising their hearts they become a people worthy to call Jehovah their God.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Dec. 11 2013,08:08)

Quote (kerwin @ Dec. 11 2013,03:37)

Jammin,

i believe JESUS has a GOD but that GOD called his son also God
    heb 1.8

you believe not the whole truth of the bible.

Jammin,

He also call every other Hebrew that received the word of God through Mosses, god.

John 10:34-35

34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods? 35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;

Jesus also admitted to being the brother of other humans.

Do you state Yahweh is Jesus' God?
    Do you state Jesus is the brother of other humans?

Yahweh never states Jesus is his God.

Viewing 20 posts - 14,961 through 14,980 (of 25,909 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account