JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 14,001 through 14,020 (of 25,926 total)
  • Author
    kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Sep. 17 2013,08:56)

Quote (kerwin @ Sep. 17 2013,08:48)
    Mike,

Are angels under the authority of God's Word?

Do they obey its commands?

Isn't that paying homage?

YOU KNOW ONE ANGEL THAT IS NOT ???

T,

Even Demons obeyed him though their hearts remained corrupt.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Sep. 17 2013,10:49)

Mike,

T,

Yes,

But they are spirit beings ,and like us have a spirit of their own,with a heart exposed to good and evil,and so they will be judged

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Sep. 16 2013,11:33)

Quote (kerwin @ Sep. 16 2013,10:11)

Quote (terraricca @ Sep. 16 2013,09:56)

Quote (kerwin @ Sep. 16 2013,09:36)
    Mike,

Kerwin, I am not asking about compound words like “firstborn”.  I am asking you to show a SCRIPTURAL example (or any example, really) where the word “born” (BY ITSELF) does NOT refer to the beginning of someone or something.

Born does not mean the start of a child, conceived does.

Born may be a synonym of conceived in some cases.

If you are not speaking of either first born or firstborn then I believe those are the only two general meaning in Scripture.   I just browsed them so I can be wrong.

What about the scripture that says ;

Can a nation be born in one day ???

T,

I believe that use of born means revealed.

s 1 – 20 of 440 for BORN (0.001 seconds)
    Jump to page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next Last
    hide all content  Discovery Boxclose discovery box
    hide content Related Words:
    father, gave, family, Father, nation, birth, bear, kind, produce, labor, kinds, bore, offspring, descendant, native, countrymen, conceived, race, descent, Child, stock, kindred, land, come, go, sons, brought, bring, descendants, children, himself, became, body, being, enter, present, fall, child, country, carry, arrived, delivered, pass, relatives, within, mind, border, attacked, lay, brings, bringing, cast, allotted, approach, womb, abandon, shake, lost, endure, pain, fail, parts, formed, accepted, tremble, wounded, anguish, deserted, divide, stomach, bare, arrive, attacks, bears, prosper, rot, belly, burst, shakes, arrives, associate, advanced, bearing, grieved, issue, arrival, collapse, dance, abdomen, overthrow, apply, casts, borne, inferior, allot, native-born, attain, defect, midwife, depth, danced, pregnancy, apportioned, calve, begot, [ALL]
    hide content Related Greek/Hebrew:
    gennao gennetos genos tikto // 'ezrach bow' beten chuwl yalad yillowd yaliyd mowledeth naphal
    hide content In Dictionaries:
    Born Again, First-born, First-born, Redemption of, First-born, Sanctification of the, Firstborn, Home-Born, Suborn
    hide content In Illustration Topics:
    Firstborn Stubborn
    hide content In Illustrations:
    Almost Wasn’t Born Born to Be Battered When Was Jesus Born? Leadership of Firstborns Stubbornness Born out of Understanding Reborn Spiritually Human Stubbornness Battles and Babies Born in 1809 born-again
    (0.14 seconds)
    (1.00)Job 5:7

but people 1  are born 2  to trouble, as surely as the sparks 3  fly 4  upward. 5
    (0.99)Joh 3:6

What is born of the flesh is flesh, 1  and what is born of the Spirit is spirit.
    (0.98)Job 1:2

Seven 1  sons and three daughters were born to him. 2
    (0.95)Gen 21:5

(Now Abraham was a hundred years old when his son Isaac was born to him.) 1
    (0.95)Pro 17:17

A friend 1  loves at all times, and a relative 2  is born to help in adversity. 3
    (0.91)2Sa 3:2

Now sons were born to David in Hebron. His firstborn was Amnon, born to Ahinoam the Jezreelite.

WHERE YOU GET THAT MEANING ????  REVEALED

T,

The child, who was hidden in the mother's womb, is revealed to the world.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Sep. 17 2013,11:10)

Mike,

T,

Yes,

But they are spirit beings ,and like us have a spirit of their own,with a heart exposed to good and evil,and so they will be judged

T,

Demons are those angels who blasphemed again the Holy Spirit.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Sep. 17 2013,03:34)

Quote (kerwin @ Sep. 15 2013,22:01)
    Mike,

Quote (mikeboll @ 64)
    Well, I must admit you are getting closer than any of the other non-preexisters on this site.  :)  You have already opined that Phil 2:6-8 could easily be teaching that a pre-existent Jesus emptied himself and was made in the likeness of a human being ( just like the passage actually, exactly, and clearly states.)

My intent is to point out that Philippians 2 hints at the preexistence of Christ if the elements are taken as chronological events.  They should not be taken in such a way.

The passage starts with Jesus existing in the form of God, and ends with him humbling himself to the point of death on a stake.

Which came first?  The existing?  Or the death on a stake?

Here are the exact meanings of the Greek words, in the order Paul wrote them:

this     be you minding     in     you     which     also     in     Christ     Jesus     who     in     form     of God     existing     not     snatching     he considered     the     to be     equal (things)     to God     but     himself     he emptied     form     of slave     having taken     in     likeness     of human beings     having become     and     to fashion     having been found     as     human being     he made lowly     himself     having become     obedient     until     death     of death     but     of stake  

Here's the chronological order I see:

1.  Was existing in the form of God.

2.  Didn't consider equality with God something to be snatched, or grasped.

3. Emptied himself.

4.  Took on the form of a servant.

5.  Was made in the likeness of a human being.

6.  Once found in appearance as a human being, humbled himself.

7.  Became obedient to death on a stake.

Aside from the fact that numbers 3, 4 and 5 are really one action that Jesus took, the whole thing is in chronological order.

But if you think that Paul, for some odd reason, wrote down these events out of order, please enlighten us about which number(s) is out of order, and why you think Paul would have written it out of order.

And can you think of any GOOD reason for someone (who DOESN'T have a personal doctrine to protect) to think these events aren't recorded chronologically?  In other words, WHY do you claim “they should not be taken” in chronological order?

Mike,

There is no “was” in the statement “existing in the form of God”.

Empty means to remove the contents, not the container.

At this time I am not going to point out things I have pointed
    out previously.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Sep. 17 2013,11:10)

Mike,

Kerwin, I am not asking about compound words like “firstborn”.  I am asking you to show a SCRIPTURAL example (or any example, really) where the word “born” (BY ITSELF) does NOT refer to the beginning of someone or something.

If you are not speaking of either first born or firstborn then I believe those are the only two general meaning in Scripture.   I just browsed them so I can be wrong.

T,

father, gave, family, Father, nation, birth, bear, kind, produce, labor, kinds, bore, offspring, descendant, native, countrymen, conceived, race, descent, Child, stock, kindred, land, come, go, sons, brought, bring, descendants, children, himself, became, body, being, enter, present, fall, child, country, carry, arrived, delivered, pass, relatives, within, mind, border, attacked, lay, brings, bringing, cast, allotted, approach, womb, abandon, shake, lost, endure, pain, fail, parts, formed, accepted, tremble, wounded, anguish, deserted, divide, stomach, bare, arrive, attacks, bears, prosper, rot, belly, burst, shakes, arrives, associate, advanced, bearing, grieved, issue, arrival, collapse, dance, abdomen, overthrow, apply, casts, borne, inferior, allot, native-born, attain, defect, midwife, depth, danced, pregnancy, apportioned, calve, begot, [ALL]
    gennao gennetos genos tikto // 'ezrach bow' beten chuwl yalad yillowd yaliyd mowledeth naphal
    Born Again, First-born, First-born, Redemption of, First-born, Sanctification of the, Firstborn, Home-Born, Suborn
    Firstborn Stubborn
    Almost Wasn’t Born Born to Be Battered When Was Jesus Born? Leadership of Firstborns Stubbornness Born out of Understanding Reborn Spiritually Human Stubbornness Battles and Babies Born in 1809 born-again
    (0.14 seconds)

but people 1  are born 2  to trouble, as surely as the sparks 3  fly 4  upward. 5

What is born of the flesh is flesh, 1  and what is born of the Spirit is spirit.

A friend 1  loves at all times, and a relative 2  is born to help in adversity. 3

Now sons were born to David in Hebron. His firstborn was Amnon, born to Ahinoam the Jezreelite.

T,

The child, who was hidden in  the mother's womb, is revealed to the world.

I do not dispute that,

I say ,that Christ ,was conceived in the way a surrogate mother bears children,

Question,it says that Satan was a liar and a murderer SINS THE BEGINNING , tell me ,what beginning ???

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Sep. 17 2013,13:56)

Mike,

Terra.

NO;none.

wakeup.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Wakeup @ Sep. 17 2013,11:19)

Quote (terraricca @ Sep. 17 2013,13:56)

Mike,

Terra.

NO;none.

wakeup.

Me either ,none

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Sep. 17 2013,11:12)

Mike,

T,

Yes,

T,

No,they have left their natural house for another one men's house

Men also can sin against the holy spirit of truth

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Sep. 17 2013,11:18)

Quote (kerwin @ Sep. 17 2013,11:10)

Mike,

T,

Firstborn Stubborn
    (0.14 seconds)

T,

The child, who was hidden in  the mother's womb, is revealed to the world.

I do not dispute that,

I say ,that Christ ,was conceived in the way a surrogate mother bears children,

Question,it says that Satan was a liar and a murderer SINS THE BEGINNING ,  tell me ,what beginning ???

T,

Eden is the first time I know of Satan sinning.  He sinned then in tempting Eve and then Adam to sin.  Some say he sinned before that but I know of no evidence to support that claim.

It is stated that the surrogate mother conceived the child when he is implanted but it is also said he is conceived outside of her womb.  

Scripture does not say Mary was a surrogate mother but it does say that he was made of her.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Sep. 17 2013,11:35)

Quote (kerwin @ Sep. 17 2013,11:12)

Mike,

T,

Yes,

T,

No,they have left their natural house for another one men's house

Men also can sin against the holy spirit of truth

T,

Demon's left the house righteousness for the house of sin.

You are correct that those men who receive the spirit can blaspheme against it and those that make that choice will suffer the final fate of demons.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Sep. 17 2013,08:44)

Quote (kerwin @ Sep. 17 2013,08:28)

Quote (terraricca @ Sep. 16 2013,11:43)

Conceived is the start of the body.

WELL HOW HIS THAT SO ??? WHAT WOULD BE THE WORD FOR THE BEGINNING OF “LIVE INSIDE A WOMEN WOMB ???

WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A REGULAR BIRTH AND A SURROGATE MOTHER ????EVEN FROM THE BEGINNING

T,

The difference is that in the case of the surrogacy you are speaking of the child is conceive outside of the womb but in the case of a natural pregnancy the child is conceived in the womb.  Scripture teaches us Jesus was conceived in his mothers womb.

K

IS MARY AD A NORMAL PREGNANCY ??? IF YOU SAY YES;WERE IS HER MALE CONTRIBUTOR ???

IF YOU SAY NO ,WELL THEN WHY ARE YOU MAKING THINGS UP JUST LIKE YOU KNOW ,AND THAT YOU WERE THERE  

ALL YOUR SUPPOSITION ARE PURE SUPPOSITION ,BUT TO THE PUBLIC OF THOSE DAYS ALL WOULD HAVE SWEAR IT WAS JOSEPH CHILD IS IT ???

ALSO UNDERSTAND GOD KNOWS MORE ABOUT WOMEN THAN ANY WOMEN CAN EVER KNOW ;

BUT NOW LOOK FOR THE REAL REASONS THAT CHRIST BY NO MEANS COULD BE BORN OF THE FLESH ;FLESH THAT IS CURSED WITH SIN ; AND DEAD ,

MIKE EXPLAIN IT QUITE WELL

T,

There is evidence that times are coming when woman will not need a male contributor.   Perhaps they are here even know as human clones are manufactured but not allowed to develop pass a certain point.  Skin cells can be changed into humans at the conceptus stage of life.  These things are done by humans.  God is more powerful than they.

Scripture states Jesus was made of a woman just like it states Eve was made from a man.  Nowhere does it state Jesus was made from a man even as nowhere does it state Eve was made from a woman.

Mike may explain it but the simple fact is that Scripture tells us that according to the flesh, Jesus was made of the seed of David.  It later teaches us he was made of a woman.

Jesus flesh died and he was raised to life in a new flesh and bone body by power of the Spirit.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Sep. 17 2013,12:33)

WELL HOW HIS THAT SO ??? WHAT WOULD BE THE WORD FOR THE BEGINNING OF “LIVE INSIDE A WOMEN WOMB ???

WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A REGULAR BIRTH AND A SURROGATE MOTHER ????EVEN FROM THE BEGINNING

T,

The difference is that in the case of the surrogacy you are speaking of the child is conceive outside of the womb but in the case of a natural pregnancy the child is conceived in the womb.  Scripture teaches us Jesus was conceived in his mothers womb.

K

IS MARY AD A NORMAL PREGNANCY ??? IF YOU SAY YES;WERE IS HER MALE CONTRIBUTOR ???

IF YOU SAY NO ,WELL THEN WHY ARE YOU MAKING THINGS UP JUST LIKE YOU KNOW ,AND THAT YOU WERE THERE  

ALL YOUR SUPPOSITION ARE PURE SUPPOSITION ,BUT TO THE PUBLIC OF THOSE DAYS ALL WOULD HAVE SWEAR IT WAS JOSEPH CHILD IS IT ???

BUT NOW LOOK FOR THE REAL REASONS THAT CHRIST BY NO MEANS COULD BE BORN OF THE FLESH ;FLESH THAT IS CURSED WITH SIN ; AND DEAD ,

T,

There is evidence that times are coming when woman will not need a male contributor.   Perhaps they are here even know as human clones are manufactured but not allowed to develop pass a certain point.  Skin cells can be changed into humans at the conceptus stage of life.  These things are done by humans.  God is more powerful than they.

Scripture states Jesus was made of a woman just like it states Eve was made from a man.  Nowhere does it state Jesus was made from a man even as nowhere does it state Eve was made from a woman.

Mike may explain it but the simple fact is that Scripture tells us that according to the flesh, Jesus was made of the seed of David.  It later teaches us he was made of a woman.

Jesus flesh died and he was raised to life in a new flesh and bone body by power of the Spirit.

NO,

Christ came ,and receive the flesh through a women ,not the same thing ,

no ,women provides LIFE, ONLY MEN DOES DO THIS ,

unless i mistaken ????

according to your understanding ,by only taking in account your views and concepts of what you really wanted to be ,you have an long way to go ,before you will figure it out ,that you are ,your main obstacle to the truth of God ,

kerwin
    Participant

T,

I am not sure what you are saying no about.

I am curious what you mean when you say Christ came and received the flesh through a woman.

God provides life for the breath comes from him.

Other than that I do not know of anywhere in Scripture that it teaches man, or for that mater woman, provides the life of their child.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Sep. 17 2013,22:38)
    T,

I am not sure what you are saying no about.

I am curious what you mean when you say Christ came and received the flesh through a woman.

God provides life for the breath comes from him.

Other than that I do not know of anywhere in Scripture that it teaches man, or for that mater woman, provides the life of their child.

who did God use to make the women ??? to give the women the form of man (human) ADAM THE FIRST MAN ,

THEN GOD ESTABLISH THE MOTION OF REPRODUCTION ,

BY THOSE EVENTS GOD ALSO SHOWS WHO WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR BOTH LIFES ,BECAUSE ADAM IS THE SOURCE OF LIFE THAT WAS USED TO CREATE EVE,NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND ,EACH AD THE FUNCTION TO PARTICIPATE IN THE REPRODUCTION IN THEIR OWN WAY ; EVE AD THE WOMB AND MUST BEAR THE CHILD FOR A TIME ,BUT NEEDED THE MALE FIGURE TO IMPLANT IN HER THE BEGINNING OF LIFE OF A HUMAN ,

IN THE CASE OF CHRIST ,THE MALE FIGURE WAS NOT NEEDED BECAUSE OF THE ORIGIN OF THE LIFE PUT INSIDE OF MARRY ,

terraricca
    Participant

You say you believe,but in your heart,if it does
    not agree with *you* you dont believe.

I NEVER SAY THIS ;

YOU MADE IT UP ;NOT ME; SAD ,

THIS IS HOW THE ROADS OF THE TRUE WORSHIPERS SEPARATE FROM THE DECEIVERS (WORKING FOR THEIR OWN INTEREST )TAKING AWAY THE KINGDOM OF THEIR OWN FOLLOWERS ,AND USE GOD'S WRITTEN WORDS TO DO IT ;AND THE REPUTATION OF HIS SON TO COLLECT THE RUN OFFS OF WHEALTH

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Sep. 18 2013,08:54)

I NEVER SAY THIS ;

THIS IS HOW THE ROADS OF THE TRUE WORSHIPERS SEPARATE FROM THE DECEIVERS (WORKING FOR THEIR OWN INTEREST )TAKING AWAY THE KINGDOM OF THEIR OWN FOLLOWERS ,AND USE GOD'S WRITTEN WORDS TO DO IT ;AND THE REPUTATION OF HIS SON TO COLLECT THE RUN OFFS OF WHEALTH

Terra.

I am sorry for I have misunderstood you.
    You said John the babtist never drank wine.
    I agree.

wakeup.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Wakeup @ Sep. 18 2013,04:08)

Quote (terraricca @ Sep. 18 2013,08:54)

I NEVER SAY THIS ;

Terra.

I am sorry for I have misunderstood you.
    You said John the babtist never drank wine.
    I agree.

wakeup.

:)

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Sep. 17 2013,17:33)

T,

K

T,

Kerwin.

QUOTE:
    Jesus flesh died and he was raised to life in a new flesh and bone body by power of the Spirit.UNQUOTE:

How did you come to this conclusion?

wakeup.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ Sep. 16 2013,20:48)
    Mike,

Kerwin,

God's spoken word is not some entity that holds authority over angels.  Nor does it give out commands that angels must obey.

The angels are under the authority of God Himself, and obey the commands of God Himself.

So angels pay homage to God Himself……… not to the words that come out of His mouth.

You are going out of your way to make God's literal spoken words into an entity with its own mind and its own will.

You realize that the Word in John 1 is in fact an entity with his own mind and his own will.  But you don't WANT that entity to be Jesus, so you are trying to make up some other unnamed entity to whom John's words can apply.  Because you don't want Jesus to be that particular “Word of God”, you are pretending that the words that come out of God's mouth are “magic”, and have their own life…….. like they can go around giving commands to angels and creating universes on their own once God speaks them out of His mouth.

It is good, however, that you at least realize the Word in John 1 is a living entity individual from God Himself.  That is a good start.

Now all you have to do is add up all the things said about this particular Word in John 1 that are also said elsewhere in scripture about Jesus.  Then add in the fact that Jesus is called “the Word of God” in Revelation 19:13, and you'll come to the natural and obvious conclusion that this “unnamed entity” you've imagined is none other than your Lord Jesus Christ.

Viewing 20 posts - 14,001 through 14,020 (of 25,926 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account