JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 13,881 through 13,900 (of 25,926 total)
  • Author
    kerwin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Sep. 10 2013,02:29)

Quote (kerwin @ Sep. 08 2013,13:19)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Sep. 09 2013,00:22)

Quote (kerwin @ Sep. 07 2013,17:36)
    What do you mean when you claim Jesus was fathered “directly” by God?

I mean that Jesus wasn't made BY God and THROUGH a human father as well.

We all have a heavenly Father and a human father.  Jesus was fathered directly by Jehovah Himself.

Mike,

Are you claiming Jesus was born of natural descent, a husband’s will?

If not then please explain?

I'm claiming that Jesus WASN'T born of a husband's will – like all other human beings.

Mike,

It sounds like you are claiming that God sired Jesus on some unknown female before he was conceived by the Holy Spirit in Mary's womb. I assume that your words means this is not what you intend by your words.

What do you intend when you wrote that Jesus was fathered directly by God?

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Sep. 10 2013,11:03)

Quote (Wakeup @ Sep. 09 2013,16:50)
    The second torch,which came forth from within the first torch,is also the first torch.

Let me stop you right there, Wakeup.  The Son OF the Most High God is not also the Most High God.

MikeB.

No; but he is the Word that proceeded out of God.
    God's Word belongs to God,and he is in control of his Word.
    What God wants done,his Word will do the job.

wakeup.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Sep. 10 2013,07:11)

Quote (terraricca @ Sep. 10 2013,01:10)

Quote (kerwin @ Sep. 10 2013,00:23)

Quote (terraricca @ Sep. 09 2013,19:55)

Quote (kerwin @ Sep. 09 2013,12:44)
    T,

It seems you are having trouble with the use of English.  

Mankind is guilty of the Holocaust.
    Mankind was the victim of the Holocaust.
    Mankind brought the Holocaust to and end.

Is every man guilty of the Holocaust?
    Was everyman the victim of the Holocaust?
    Did every man bring the Holocaust to an end?

Mankind is guilty of the sin in the Garden because humans sinned.
    Not every man is guilty of the sin but only those that committed it.

1Cr 15:21
    For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.

This passage is speaking of mankind because it neither states “a man” or “the man”.

K'

do not get yet ?????????????????????????????????

Paul does not talk about humanity ,IT HIS YOU ;PAUL JUST MENTION THAT IT WAS SOME THING THAT CAME FROM THE ACTION OF MAN ;AND WE KNOW BECAUSE GENESIS STORY ;

BUT YOU HAVE YOUR OWN ENGLISH UNDERSTANDING AND SO KNOW BETTER ,

THIS TYPE OF UNDERSTANDING KILLS THE TRUTH OF GOD ,

SO LEARN TO UNDERSTAND SCRIPTURES WITH GOD SPIRIT ;;;NOT YOURS ;;;

TELL ME THAT IT IS ME THAT DO NOT UNDERSTAND ENGLISH ;SOME TIMES YOU COULD BE RIGHT ;

BUT HAVE NO CLUE OF ANY UNDERSTANDING IN SCRIPTURES ;??? WHAT DO YOU KNOW ??? HOW DO YOU KNOW ??? I HAVE SHOWN YOU OVER AND OVER AGAIN .

TELL HOW WILL YOUR ENGLISH SAVE YOU ??????????

DON'T WANT TO KNOW ,IT IS YOUR PROBLEM ,FOR OVER FOUR YEARS I TALKED TO YOU .AND SEE HOW YOU THINKING ;

T,

We are talking about English and in that language saying the action of man is the same as saying the action of mankind.

PAUL JUST MENTION THAT IT WAS SOME THING THAT CAME FROM THE ACTION OF MAN ;AND WE KNOW BECAUSE GENESIS STORY ;

That is what I have been saying though I choose to use the word mankind instead of the word man.

K

so measure your words with truth in scriptures NOT WITH HUMAN VIEWS ,INTELLECTUAL EGO ,

BECAUSE THIS IS WHAT HAPPEN WHEN YOU MOVE AWAY FROM SCRIPTURES ;CONFUSION ,AND IT DOES NOT TEACH THE TRUTH ;BUT DECEIT

T,

Your words confuse me as I am not sure where your disagreement with my words is.  As far as I can tell is because of choice of the word “mankind” instead of man and possibly other like word choices.

K

if mankind his guilty ,in that case Noah would have not survived the flood ,

if it was the man Adam ,then all is good ,through one man sin enter and is solve by one man Christ ,

scriptures say; ONE MAN”

i HATE OPINIONS THAT GOES AGAINST SCRIPTURES ,DEFLATE YOU BIG HEAD ,

YOU ,I,ANYONE ,WILL NOT BRING ANYTHING TO THE TRUTH OF GOD ,GET IT ???? GOD GIVES YOU DO NOT WANTED IT ,TOUGH LIVE FOR YOU AND YOURS ,GOT IT ???

WE ALL HAVE TO CHOSE WHO WE WANT TO SERVE ;GOT IT ???

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Sep. 10 2013,02:38)

Quote (kerwin @ Sep. 08 2013,13:25)
    A passage in Philippians 2 seems to hint at that possibility but it also seems to hint that he was not a servant and then became one.

Is it wise to base a teaching on hints?

Actually, that passage in Phil 2 directly and plainly explains how Jesus was existing in one form BEFORE emptying himself and being made in the likeness of a human being.

It is only those who have personal wishes for Jesus to have been “exactly like us” who twist these easy-to-understand words from Paul……… and pretend that they don't understand the clear message he teaches in Phil 2.

But even if it was just “hinted at” in Phil 2, there are loads of other scriptures that would change the “hint” to a sure thing.  (“I had glory with God before the world began”, “I came down from heaven”, “before Abraham existed, I have been”, etc.)

You guys are as adept at pretending these scriptures (and many more) don't say what they're clearly saying as the Trinitarians are at pretending certain scriptures teach that Jesus is the very God he is the Son of.

I don't have the patience to wade through your and Marty's semantics and word games anymore, Kerwin.

Believe what you want.

Mike,

Do as you wish but the Philippians 2 argument clearly state Jesus “took upon him the form of a servant” which clearly means he did not have that form previously. A Trinitarian could at best claim that hints at Jesus being God as angels are servants and so exist in the form of God already.

The only way that Philippians 2:5-9 hints at Jesus taking the likeness of mankind after he already existed in the form of God is if you take verse 6-7 in chronological order.

Neither of these are sound reasoning according the rules of logical reasoning because they are each flawed.

In short Philippians 2:5-9 is at best weak circumstantial evidence for the case you are trying to make.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Sep. 10 2013,07:32)

T,

This passage is speaking of mankind because it neither states “a man” or “the man”.

K'

Paul does not talk about humanity ,IT HIS YOU ;PAUL JUST MENTION THAT IT WAS SOME THING THAT CAME FROM THE ACTION OF MAN ;AND WE KNOW BECAUSE GENESIS STORY ;

TELL ME THAT IT IS ME THAT DO NOT UNDERSTAND ENGLISH ;SOME TIMES YOU COULD BE RIGHT ;

BUT HAVE NO CLUE OF ANY UNDERSTANDING IN SCRIPTURES ;??? WHAT DO YOU KNOW ??? HOW DO YOU KNOW ??? I HAVE SHOWN YOU OVER AND OVER AGAIN .

DON'T WANT TO KNOW ,IT IS YOUR PROBLEM ,FOR OVER FOUR YEARS I TALKED TO YOU .AND SEE HOW YOU THINKING ;

T,

We are talking about English and in that language saying the action of man is the same as saying the action of mankind.

PAUL JUST MENTION THAT IT WAS SOME THING THAT CAME FROM THE ACTION OF MAN ;AND WE KNOW BECAUSE GENESIS STORY ;

That is what I have been saying though I choose to use the word mankind instead of the word man.

K

so measure your words with truth in scriptures NOT WITH HUMAN VIEWS ,INTELLECTUAL EGO ,

BECAUSE THIS IS WHAT HAPPEN WHEN YOU MOVE AWAY FROM SCRIPTURES ;CONFUSION ,AND IT DOES NOT TEACH THE TRUTH ;BUT DECEIT

T,

Your words confuse me as I am not sure where your disagreement with my words is.  As far as I can tell is because of choice of the word “mankind” instead of man and possibly other like word choices.

K

if it was the man Adam ,then all is good ,through one man sin enter and is solve by one man Christ ,

scriptures say; ONE MAN”

YOU ,I,ANYONE ,WILL NOT BRING ANYTHING TO THE TRUTH OF GOD ,GET IT ???? GOD GIVES YOU DO NOT WANTED IT ,TOUGH LIVE FOR YOU AND YOURS ,GOT IT ???

T,

Read the passage:

This translation states For since by mankind came death, by mankind came also the resurrection of the dead. I am not interpreting it as all I did was switch out one word for another that means the same thing.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Sep. 10 2013,07:35)

A passage in Philippians 2 seems to hint at that possibility but it also seems to hint that he was not a servant and then became one.

Actually, that passage in Phil 2 directly and plainly explains how Jesus was existing in one form BEFORE emptying himself and being made in the likeness of a human being.

It is only those who have personal wishes for Jesus to have been “exactly like us” who twist these easy-to-understand words from Paul……… and pretend that they don't understand the clear message he teaches in Phil 2.

But even if it was just “hinted at” in Phil 2, there are loads of other scriptures that would change the “hint” to a sure thing.  (“I had glory with God before the world began”, “I came down from heaven”, “before Abraham existed, I have been”, etc.)

You guys are as adept at pretending these scriptures (and many more) don't say what they're clearly saying as the Trinitarians are at pretending certain scriptures teach that Jesus is the very God he is the Son of.

I don't have the patience to wade through your and Marty's semantics and word games anymore, Kerwin.

Believe what you want.

Mike,

Do as you wish but the Philippians 2 argument clearly state Jesus “took upon him the form of a servant” which clearly means he did not have that form previously.  A Trinitarian could at best claim that hints at Jesus being God as angels are servants and so exist in the form of God already.

The only way that Philippians 2:5-9 hints at Jesus taking the likeness of mankind after he already existed in the form of God is if you take verse 6-7 in chronological order.

Neither of these are sound reasoning according the rules of logical reasoning because they are each flawed.

In short Philippians 2:5-9 is at best weak circumstantial evidence for the case you are trying to make.

k

THERE IT SHOWS ” you do not believe in scriptures “

THIS IS WHERE YOU ,MIKE AND i ,ARE GOING TO QUIT ,

YOUR FLAWS ARE IN YOUR HEAD ,'YOU FIGHTING WITH GODS WORD ;BUT YOU DON'T CARE THIS WE CAN SEE BETTER NOW ,

ADIÓS AMIGOS

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Sep. 10 2013,07:41)

Believe what you want.

Mike,

Do as you wish but the Philippians 2 argument clearly state Jesus “took upon him the form of a servant” which clearly means he did not have that form previously.  A Trinitarian could at best claim that hints at Jesus being God as angels are servants and so exist in the form of God already.

k

YOUR FLAWS ARE IN YOUR HEAD ,'YOU FIGHTING WITH GODS WORD ;BUT YOU DON'T CARE THIS WE CAN SEE BETTER NOW ,

ADIÓS AMIGOS

T,

Do you not see what is there to see?

Do you believe Jesus did not exist in the form of a servant before he “took on the form of a servant”?

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Sep. 10 2013,07:40)

Quote (terraricca @ Sep. 10 2013,07:32)

T,

K'

T,

K

T,

K

scriptures say; ONE MAN”

T,

Read the passage:

This translation states For since by mankind came death, by mankind came also the resurrection of the dead.  I am not interpreting it as all I did was switch out one word for another that means the same thing.

K

YOU ARE GROWING MORE AND MORE DULL TO THE TRUTH;

Ge 2:15 The LORD God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it.
    Ge 2:16 And the LORD God commanded the man, “You are free to eat
    from any tree in the garden;
    Ge 2:17 but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat of it you will surely die.”

WHO HIS “THE MAN ” WHAT IS HIS NAME ??? ” ADAM ” IS HIS NAME ,

YOUR NAME HIS :KERWIN ; NOT PIERRE , NO I KNOW WE DID NOT SIN IN EDEN ;IT WAS THE MAN CALLED “ADAM”

FULL .PICTURE, FULL PICTURE ,FULL PICTURE, GOT IT ,

NOW I AM SURE YOU DO NOT GET IT ,

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Sep. 10 2013,07:45)

Believe what you want.

Mike,

k

ADIÓS AMIGOS

T,

Do you believe Jesus did not exist in the form of a servant before he “took on the form of a servant”?

k

THAT WAS NOT THE QUESTION ;WE ALL KNOW THAT CHRIST DID NOT EXISTED IN THE FORM OF A SERVANT :

:D :D :D ;READ THE QUOTES, YOU ARE TOTALLY MIXUP

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ Sep. 09 2013,19:19)

God, via His Holy Spirit, caused Mary to become pregnant with Jesus.

God DIRECTLY caused Jesus to become born as a human being. No human father was involved.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ Sep. 09 2013,19:35)

And why WOULDN'T you understand those events in chronological order, Kerwin? “Existing in the form of God……….. BUT emptied himself and took on a different form – that of a servant – by being made in the likeness of a human being.”

I've just listed 3 other quotes from scripture that support this “weak circumstantial evidence”, Kerwin.  There are actually about 50 of them.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Wakeup @ Sep. 09 2013,19:19)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Sep. 10 2013,11:03)

Let me stop you right there, Wakeup.  The Son OF the Most High God is not also the Most High God.

No; but he is the Word that proceeded out of God.

So then, while Jesus was on earth, God couldn't speak because His Word was preoccupied? :)

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ Sep. 09 2013,19:45)

It seems like you are arguing OUR point, Kerwin.

Of course Jesus couldn't have already existed in the form of a servant before taking on the form of a servant.

But he could have existed in the form of God before taking on the form of a servant, right?  Oh yeah………. that's exactly what Paul taught us!  :)  He WAS existing in one form, but then emptied himself and took on a DIFFERENT form by being made in the likeness of a human being.

And after being found in appearance as a human being, he humbled himself even further by becoming obedient to death.

jammin
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Sep. 06 2013,05:38)

Quote (jammin @ Sep. 05 2013,14:56)

Quote (942767 @ Sep. 03 2013,06:35)

Quote (jammin @ Sep. 03 2013,00:06)

Quote (942767 @ Aug. 30 2013,02:14)

Quote (jammin @ Aug. 29 2013,21:50)

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Aug. 29 2013,14:22)

Quote (jammin @ Aug. 29 2013,12:17)

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Aug. 29 2013,01:45)

Quote (jammin @ Aug. 27 2013,21:56)

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Aug. 24 2013,03:04)
    Jammin…………..Was John so stupid , that if he wanted us to believe the WORD was JESUS , he couldn't just have written Jesus' name there? Why do you have to force the text to say what in fact it does not say, do you people know more then The Apostle John did, so you can freely just change the text to meet your dogmas. that is one of the reasons there is so much confusion in religion, people say all kind of things the scriptures are not saying. That is why we have so many different bible translations, Trinitarians and Preexistence preachers make their own translations of scripture to fit their false teachings. IMO

Peace and love…………………………gene

it is written in rev 19.13

Revelation 19:13

American Standard Version (ASV)

13 And he is arrayed in a garment sprinkled with blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

john knows that the Word in john 1.1 is Christ. rev 19.13 supports jn 1.1.

jammin …….. Again you avoid the question , here it is again for you , point one, was John so stupid that if he wanted us to believe he was referring to Jesus he would not have written Jesus' name there instead of the word,  word? Point two, there is much debate concerning who wrote the Gospel of John, many scholars believe it was not John who even wrote the epistle of John, as I recall. Point three, why do you people have to change meanings of the written words used in the text to even meet your false dogmas anyway. Point four show us ONE SCRIPTURE ! where Jesus ever said He was a GOD of any kind . In fact Jesus said He had a GOD, Telling us he was going to his God and OUR GOD His FatherAnd OUR FATHER.

It's ONLY false teachers who twist the truth of GOD, and force texts to say what in fact they do not say,  who TRY SO DESPERATELY to make, our BROTHER JESUS different then WE ARE. These false teacher deny the work of God “IN” Jesus Christ our LORD and MORE our BROTHER, in the house hold of GOD. Do you not think people who Even Preach Their Doctrines  of   SEPARATION   of Jesus' identity with us, are not under a curse? , THEY ARE, IMO

Peace and love to you and yours………………………gene

you want me to show you a verse that jesus said he is God?
    why do i need to give you verse like that if the apostles teach that Jesus is God (not the father but the son).

the apostles teach us that the son is like his father. the son is also God by nature.
    he haS the form of God.
    he was God said by john in john 1.1
    thomas said my Lord and my God. john 20.28

now give me verse that jesus said I AM NOT GOD

Jammin……..So Jesus was lying when he prayed and said,  For Thou (someone other then the person speaking) art the “ONLY” “TRUE” GOD.
    Jesus said “ONLY”  that means there is NO OTHER “TRUE” God.

No why don't you find a different translation that changes those word of Jesus, or maybe like you like Mike believe Those words Like Gods own Words saying he look for other Gods and found none is not meant to be taken emphatically.  Seems God the father and Jesus don't understand you people believe in all kinds of “OTHER GOD'S” .

Maybe God the Father and Jesus, and the apostle Paul Just didn't know thar you people can see other Gods they can't see or for that matter never saw before. Well you can correct them when you meet then.

BUT AS FOR ME I WILL JUST BELIEVE WHAT JESUS AND GOD THE FATHER HAVE SAID concerning OTHER GODS. You can believe in all the Gods you guys want to believe are true Gods.

Peace and love…………………….gene

jesus is not lying. there is only one TRUE GOD THE FATHER>

i have no two God the father.
    i know only one.

the problem with you is you dont understand what jesus told in john 17.1-3

you should know how to read your bible well.
    why dont you study first before you talk??? does it make sense?

i give you verse and im not explaining without basis. do you understand what i mean?

believe it or not, john knows that the Word in john 1.1 is Christ himself.

do more research boy

Hi Jammin:

So, you believe that Jesus is the creator?

Then, please explain what God means by the following statement:

Isa 44:24 ¶ Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;

God said that He stretcheth forth the heavens ALONE; and that spreadeth abroad the earth BY MYSELF.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

if you study the context of that book, it refers to the idols.

verse 20 cev
    20 How can anyone be stupid enough to trust something that can be burned to ashes?[g] No one can save themselves like that. Don’t they realize that the idols they hold in their hands are not really gods?

of course, idols cant do what God can do.
    do you k
    now what i mean?

now we should know who is that GOD that talked to israel?
    is that the father or the son?

no one knows the father but the son.
    therefore, israel before do not know the father. when the son became human, he revealed us the father.

Luke 10:22

Expanded Bible (EXB)

22 “My Father has ·given [entrusted/committed to] me all things. No one knows who the Son is, except the Father. And no one knows who the Father is, except the Son and those whom the Son ·chooses [desires; intends] to ·tell [L reveal it to].”

john told that all things were created by Christ.
    john 1.3

paul said the son of God created all things.

Colossians 1:16

Contemporary English Version (CEV)

16 Everything was created by him,
    everything in heaven
       and on earth,
    everything seen and unseen,
    including all forces
       and powers,
    and all rulers
       and authorities.
    All things were created
       by God’s Son,

and everything was made
       for him.

Living Bible (TLB)

16 Christ himself is the Creator who made everything in heaven and earth, the things we can see and the things we can’t; the spirit world with its kings and kingdoms, its rulers and authorities; all were made by Christ for his own use and glory.

Hi Jammin:

If you look at the last verse, which states “all things were created for him”, you will understand that it is “God” that created all things for him, otherwise it would read, “all things were created for himself”.

You are misunderstanding the scriptures.  Jesus is not the creator.  He is God's heir, and we are joint heirs with him.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

you are wrong.

cant you see this?

Living Bible (TLB)

16 Christ himself is the Creator who made everything in heaven and earth, the things we can see and the things we can’t; the spirit world with its kings and kingdoms, its rulers and authorities; all were made by Christ for his own use and glory.

and this?? ?
    Hebrews 1:10

Expanded Bible (EXB)
    10 God also says,

“Lord, in the beginning you ·made [L laid the foundations of] the earth,
       and your hands made the ·skies [heavens].

you study more

Hi Jammin:

Why would God be telling Jesus that “in the beginning he laid the foundation of the earth”.  If this was so, he would already know this.

This is what it means.  This is one of the definitions that Strong's concordance gives for the word “by” in Colossians 1.

II.
    through
    A.
    the ground or reason by which something is or is not done
    i.
    by reason of

ii.
    on account of

iii.
    because of for this reason

iv.
    therefore

v.
    on this account

I already showed you scripture in which God said that He alone laid the foundation of the earth.  Also, Genesis 1 and Job 38 shows that this is a fact.

Also, Jesus had a beginning.  When did Jesus become the “Only Begotten Son of God”?

Love in Christ,
    Marty

that God is Christ.

you can read heb 1.10
    Hebrews 1:10

Expanded Bible (EXB)

10 God also says,

“Lord, in the beginning you ·made [L laid the foundations of] the earth,
    and your hands made the ·skies [heavens].

God said to his SON, you laid the foundations of the earth etc..

you should know what john 1.3 wants to deliver to us

jammin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Sep. 06 2013,02:29)
    jammin

Colossians 1:16 Click this icon to open a printer friendly page
    Context
    NET ©
    for all things in heaven and on earth were created by him – all things, whether visible or invisible, whether thrones or dominions, 1  whether principalities or powers – all things were created through him and for him.
    NIV ©
    For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him.
    NASB ©
    For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things have been created through Him and for Him.
    NLT ©
    Christ is the one through whom God created everything in heaven and earth. He made the things we can see and the things we can’t see––kings, kingdoms, rulers, and authorities. Everything has been created through him and for him.
    MSG ©
    For everything, absolutely everything, above and below, visible and invisible, rank after rank after rank of angels–[everything] got started in him and finds its purpose in him.
    BBE ©
    For by him all things were made, in heaven and on earth, things seen and things unseen, authorities, lords, rulers, and powers; all things were made by him and for him;
    NRSV ©
    for in him all things in heaven and on earth were created, things visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or powers—all things have been created through him and for him.
    NKJV ©
    For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him.
    KJV
    For
    by
    him
    were
    (0) all things
    created
    (5681)_, that are in
    heaven
    _, and
    that are in
    earth
    _, visible
    and
    invisible
    _, whether
    [they be] thrones
    _, or
    dominions
    _, or
    principalities
    _, or
    powers
    _: all things
    were created
    (5769) by
    him
    _, and
    for
    him
    _:
    NASB ©
    For by Him all
    things
    were created
    , both in the heavens
    and on earth
    , visible
    and invisible
    , whether
    thrones
    or
    dominions
    or
    rulers
    or
    authorities
    –all
    things
    have been created
    through
    Him and for Him.
    GREEK
    oti

CONJen

PREPautw

P-DSMektisyh
    (5681)
    V-API-3Sta

T-NPNpanta

A-NPNen

PREPtoiv

T-DPMouranoiv

N-DPMkai

CONJepi

PREPthv

T-GSFghv

N-GSFta

T-NPNorata

A-NPNkai

CONJta

T-NPNaorata

A-NPNeite

CONJyronoi

N-NPMeite

CONJkuriothtev

N-NPFeite

CONJarcai

N-NPFeite

CONJexousiai

N-NPFta

T-NPNpanta

A-NPNdi

PREPautou

P-GSMkai

CONJeiv

PREPauton

P-ASMektistai
    (5769)
    V-RPI-3S
    NET © [draft] ITL
    for
    all things
    in
    heaven
    and
    on
    earth
    were created
    by
    him
    – all things, whether visible
    or
    invisible
    , whether
    thrones
    or
    dominions
    , whether
    principalities
    or
    powers
    – all things
    were created
    through
    him
    and
    for
    him
    NET ©
    for all things in heaven and on earth were created by him – all things, whether visible or invisible, whether thrones or dominions, 1  whether principalities or powers – all things were created through him and for him.
    NET © Notes
    1 tn BDAG 579 s.v. κυριότης 3 suggests “bearers of the ruling powers, dominions” here.
    Previous Verse Next Verse Previous Verse Next Verse

many parts of scriptures have been altered ,some times only words ,and some times more ,but it is our responsibility before God to search him that love's  us ,if you do not ,you will pay the price of your refusal to act ;become a true believer is not read the bible and sit in a church and listen ,

it is so that the understanding does not come out of WORDS  but out of the spirit (understanding of the words meaning as a whole ) that is also spread out into the entire scriptures and you,we, anyone that love's God will look for ,not by the power of man ,but by letting God's spirit guide us through his  written word, he as the key ,no man as the key ; all true believers that love God and his son ,will receive a key from God made for them personally ,to fit them ,but will also open the same gate to all other true believers ,what i mean is very spiritual ,but is true ;  

what do you want to tell me???

you dont understand that verse

Expanded Bible (EXB)

16 ·Through his power [L In him; or By him] all things were created [John 1:3; Heb. 1:2]—things in heaven and on earth, things seen and unseen, all ·powers [or heavenly authorities; L thrones], ·authorities [dominions; kingdoms], ·lords [rulers], and ·rulers [authorities; C these four may refer to angelic hierarchies, or to earthly and heavenly rulers]. All things were created through Christ and for Christ.

pls read this

Gill's Exposition of the Entire Bible

For by him were all things created,…. This is a reason proving Christ to be before all creatures, to be the common Parent of them, and to have the government over them, since he is the Creator of them.

another proof

Living Bible (TLB)

im not just making opinion..
    im giving word for word in the bible.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Sep. 10 2013,09:02)

Quote (terraricca @ Sep. 06 2013,02:29)
    jammin

Colossians 1:16 Click this icon to open a printer friendly page
    Context
    NET ©
    NIV ©
    For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him.
    NASB ©
    For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things have been created through Him and for Him.
    NLT ©
    Christ is the one through whom God created everything in heaven and earth. He made the things we can see and the things we can’t see––kings, kingdoms, rulers, and authorities. Everything has been created through him and for him.
    MSG ©
    For everything, absolutely everything, above and below, visible and invisible, rank after rank after rank of angels–[everything] got started in him and finds its purpose in him.
    BBE ©
    For by him all things were made, in heaven and on earth, things seen and things unseen, authorities, lords, rulers, and powers; all things were made by him and for him;
    NRSV ©
    for in him all things in heaven and on earth were created, things visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or powers—all things have been created through him and for him.
    NKJV ©
    For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him.
    KJV
    For
    by
    him
    were
    (0) all things
    created
    (5681)_, that are in
    heaven
    _, and
    that are in
    earth
    _, visible
    and
    invisible
    _, whether
    [they be] thrones
    _, or
    dominions
    _, or
    principalities
    _, or
    powers
    _: all things
    were created
    (5769) by
    him
    _, and
    for
    him
    _:
    NASB ©
    For by Him all
    things
    were created
    , both in the heavens
    and on earth
    , visible
    and invisible
    , whether
    thrones
    or
    dominions
    or
    rulers
    or
    authorities
    –all
    things
    have been created
    through
    Him and for Him.
    GREEK
    oti

CONJen

PREPautw

P-DSMektisyh
    (5681)
    V-API-3Sta

T-NPNpanta

A-NPNen

PREPtoiv

T-DPMouranoiv

N-DPMkai

CONJepi

PREPthv

T-GSFghv

N-GSFta

T-NPNorata

A-NPNkai

CONJta

T-NPNaorata

A-NPNeite

CONJyronoi

N-NPMeite

CONJkuriothtev

N-NPFeite

CONJarcai

N-NPFeite

CONJexousiai

N-NPFta

T-NPNpanta

A-NPNdi

PREPautou

P-GSMkai

CONJeiv

PREPauton

P-ASMektistai
    (5769)
    V-RPI-3S
    NET © [draft] ITL
    for
    all things
    in
    heaven
    and
    on
    earth
    were created
    by
    him
    – all things, whether visible
    or
    invisible
    , whether
    thrones
    or
    dominions
    , whether
    principalities
    or
    powers
    – all things
    were created
    through
    him
    and
    for
    him
    NET ©
    NET © Notes
    1 tn BDAG 579 s.v. κυριότης 3 suggests “bearers of the ruling powers, dominions” here.
    Previous Verse Next Verse Previous Verse Next Verse

many parts of scriptures have been altered ,some times only words ,and some times more ,but it is our responsibility before God to search him that love's  us ,if you do not ,you will pay the price of your refusal to act ;become a true believer is not read the bible and sit in a church and listen ,

it is so that the understanding does not come out of WORDS  but out of the spirit (understanding of the words meaning as a whole ) that is also spread out into the entire scriptures and you,we, anyone that love's God will look for ,not by the power of man ,but by letting God's spirit guide us through his  written word, he as the key ,no man as the key ; all true believers that love God and his son ,will receive a key from God made for them personally ,to fit them ,but will also open the same gate to all other true believers ,what i mean is very spiritual ,but is true ;  

what do you want to tell me???

you dont understand that verse

Expanded Bible (EXB)

16 ·Through his power [L In him; or By him] all things were created [John 1:3; Heb. 1:2]—things in heaven and on earth, things seen and unseen, all ·powers [or heavenly authorities; L thrones], ·authorities [dominions; kingdoms], ·lords [rulers], and ·rulers [authorities; C these four may refer to angelic hierarchies, or to earthly and heavenly rulers]. All things were created through Christ and for Christ.

pls read this

Gill's Exposition of the Entire Bible

For by him were all things created,…. This is a reason proving Christ to be before all creatures, to be the common Parent of them, and to have the government over them, since he is the Creator of them.

another proof

Living Bible (TLB)

im not just making opinion..
    im giving word for word in the bible.

Jammin

I going to tell nothing ;because i can not tell anything more than what is in the scriptures ,

all my knowledge and understanding starts and finishes in the scriptures ,with a ton of prayers ,

I think we do not belong or live into the same world ,

the best to you in your traveling ;were ever you may go

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Sep. 10 2013,07:52)

Quote (kerwin @ Sep. 10 2013,07:45)

Believe what you want.

Mike,

k

ADIÓS AMIGOS

T,

k

THAT WAS NOT THE QUESTION ;WE ALL KNOW THAT CHRIST DID NOT EXISTED IN THE FORM OF A SERVANT :

:D  :D  :D ;READ  THE QUOTES, YOU ARE TOTALLY MIXUP

T,

Are you claiming that you believe that the preexistent Christ was not a servant of God?

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Sep. 10 2013,08:23)

Quote (kerwin @ Sep. 09 2013,19:19)

God, via His Holy Spirit, caused Mary to become pregnant with Jesus.

God DIRECTLY caused Jesus to become born as a human being.  No human father was involved.

Mike,

Do you believe God used the Holy Spirit to have sex with Mary in order to father Jesus?

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Sep. 10 2013,08:28)

And why WOULDN'T you understand those events in chronological order, Kerwin?  “Existing in the form of God……….. BUT emptied himself and took on a different form – that of a servant – by being made in the likeness of a human being.”

I've just listed 3 other quotes from scripture that support this “weak circumstantial evidence”, Kerwin.  There are actually about 50 of them.

Mike,

I hope to look at your other proofs when I am feeling less under the weather.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Sep. 10 2013,08:34)

Quote (kerwin @ Sep. 09 2013,19:45)

It seems like you are arguing OUR point, Kerwin.

Of course Jesus couldn't have already existed in the form of a servant before taking on the form of a servant.

But he could have existed in the form of God before taking on the form of a servant, right?  Oh yeah………. that's exactly what Paul taught us!  :)  He WAS existing in one form, but then emptied himself and took on a DIFFERENT form by being made in the likeness of a human being.

And after being found in appearance as a human being, he humbled himself even further by becoming obedient to death.

Mike,

It seems you believe servant is a synonym of human in the statement “took on the form of a servant”.

Viewing 20 posts - 13,881 through 13,900 (of 25,926 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account