JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 13,301 through 13,320 (of 25,925 total)
  • Author
    mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Ed J @ July 14 2013,02:59)

Quote (Ed J @ July 14 2013,16:34)
    ………….and they were all filled with the HolySpirit, and they spake “The Word” of God with boldness. (Acts 4:31)

1 John 1:1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen
     with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of “The Word” of life;

Ed, if the Word is the Holy Spirit, then the scriptures you posted teach us the following:

1.  After the disciples were filled with the Holy Spirit of God, they proceeded to speak the Holy Spirit of God with great boldness.  
    2.  The Holy Spirit of God was seen by the eyes of John and other human beings.

3.  The Holy Spirit of God was touched by the hands of John, and by the hands of other human beings.

Do these things really make sense in your mind?

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ July 14 2013,22:34)

Quote (kerwin @ July 13 2013,15:46)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ July 13 2013,21:59)

Was this Word (demiurge) a living BEING, independent from Jehovah?

Mike,

There is a difference between a personification and a person.

Fantastic.  Thanks for that.

Now would you ANSWER the question I asked?

Mike,

Demiurge is a personification.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ July 14 2013,04:22)

Quote (kerwin @ July 14 2013,03:42)

Quote (terraricca @ July 13 2013,21:15)
    kerwin

T,

The Jews that did not believe came from below while Jesus who did believe comes from above.  In the way Jesus teaches of, believers do not come from the same place as non believers.

are you now saying that the one in whom we have faith his the same than the ones who have that faith ??? where is that written in scriptures ???

your stubbornness to refuse the coming in the flesh of God's son is incredible ,

T,

I am saying Jesus and those that believe have faith in God while the Jews that he spoke to did not.

k

SHOW ME IN SCRIPTURES that Jesus add faith in God ;I hope you understand the difference between trusting God and having faith ,faith is when you have not seen the one that you believed in and so hoping he will accomplish whole what he promises ,

then when you have know him then you can trust him ,and the faith(hope) becomes a reality not yet seen but true ,

CHRIST SEW GOD HIS FATHER BECAUSE HE CAME FROM THE FATHER AND RETURNED TO HIM AFTER HIS DEAD ,WHEN HE WAS TWELVE YEARS OLD HE KNEW ALREADY THAT HE CAME TO DO THE WILL OF HIS FATHER IN HEAVEN HE DID NOT NEED FAITH  NOR HOPE ,

T,

Demons believe, James 2:19, there is a God even though he is unseen, Colossians 1:15, 1 Timothy 1:17.

Jesus was and is just and the just live by faith,Romans 1:17.

We are to follow him, Matthew 16:24.

Galatians 2:16
    King James Version (KJV)

16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Romans 3:22
    King James Version (KJV)

22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ July 14 2013,06:44)

Quote (kerwin @ July 14 2013,02:00)

Quote (jammin @ July 13 2013,07:45)

Quote (kerwin @ July 13 2013,07:38)

Quote (jammin @ July 12 2013,10:24)

Quote (kerwin @ July 12 2013,05:27)

Quote (jammin @ July 11 2013,13:02)

Quote (kerwin @ July 10 2013,18:23)

Quote (jammin @ July 10 2013,12:54)
    kerwin,

it is written
    Christ Lived Before the World Was Made

1 The Word (Christ) was in the beginning. The Word was with God. The Word was God.

NLV

it is not written that the HS is the word in john 1.1

make your own bible

Jammin,

I have not claimed the HS is the Word for a while though it is the way the Word is utilized.

(Christ) is a comment and not what is written.

Try to find a more literal version where it is written and not back-filled or a comment and a manuscript to match.

supported by rev 19.13

you are blind boy.

Jammin,

rev 19.13 states a time will come when Jesus will be called by the name of the Word of God not that he was the Word in the beginning.

Your teaching would never be called a sect of Judaism as it invents a new God, one that was not known by Abraham, Mosses, or Jesus.

Jesus came proclaiming a new covenant not a new religion.

what are you talking about?
    where can you read in rev 19.13 that HE WILL BE CALLED BY THE NAME OF THE WORD OF GOD?

what version is that?

do you understand english?

the bible says in rev 19.13
    he was called the Word of God.
    he was known as the WORD of God
    and the title by which He is called is The Word of God.
    and his name is called The Word of God.

etc.

do you understand the difference between he will be called and he is called?

study english boy.

you are a false teacher

Jammin,

Revelations 19:13 occurs at a future time and at that time he is called by the Word of God.

You seem to be trying to use it to claim Jesus was called the Word in the beginning and it does not support that claim.

Jesus, being flesh, came to be called by the name of the Word when the Word was made flesh.

The Word which the Jewish Divine Word doctrines state is a mediator between God and man.

what did the bible say in rev 19.13?

1. he is called the word of God.
    or
    2. he will be called the word of God.

choose your answer boy.

Jammin,

When is Revelations 19:13 speaking of?

A time called in the beginning or a time in the future John foresaw?

i still have a question boy

ill repeat

or

choose your answer boy.

Jammin,

You seem to have a problem taking Scriptures in context which is why I believe you refuse to answer my question which would put yours in context. I answered your question in its context already.

jammin
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ July 15 2013,07:22)

kerwin,

it is written

1 The Word (Christ) was in the beginning. The Word was with God. The Word was God.

NLV

make your own bible

Jammin,

I have not claimed the HS is the Word for a while though it is the way the Word is utilized.

Try to find a more literal version where it is written and not back-filled or a comment and a manuscript to match.

supported by rev 19.13

you are blind boy.

Jammin,

rev 19.13 states a time will come when Jesus will be called by the name of the Word of God not that he was the Word in the beginning.

Your teaching would never be called a sect of Judaism as it invents a new God, one that was not known by Abraham, Mosses, or Jesus.

where can you read in rev 19.13 that HE WILL BE CALLED BY THE NAME OF THE WORD OF GOD?

what version is that?

etc.

study english boy.

you are a false teacher

Jammin,

Revelations 19:13 occurs at a future time and at that time he is called by the Word of God.

You seem to be trying to use it to claim Jesus was called the Word in the beginning and it does not support that claim.

Jesus, being flesh, came to be called by the name of the Word when the Word was made flesh.

The Word which the Jewish Divine Word doctrines state is a mediator between God and man.

or

choose your answer boy.

Jammin,

ill repeat

or

choose your answer boy.

Jammin,

You seem to have a problem taking Scriptures in context which is why I believe you refuse to answer my question which would put yours in context.  I answered your question in its context already.

your style is old boy.
    why cant you answer my question? are you afraid?

or

choose your answer boy.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ July 14 2013,13:41)
    Mike,

Great. Thanks for the answer.

Personification of WHAT exactly?

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ July 15 2013,02:14)

kerwin

T,

The Jews that did not believe came from below while Jesus who did believe comes from above.  In the way Jesus teaches of, believers do not come from the same place as non believers.

are you now saying that the one in whom we have faith his the same than the ones who have that faith ??? where is that written in scriptures ???

your stubbornness to refuse the coming in the flesh of God's son is incredible ,

T,

I am saying Jesus and those that believe have faith in God while the Jews that he spoke to did not.

k

SHOW ME IN SCRIPTURES that Jesus add faith in God ;I hope you understand the difference between trusting God and having faith ,faith is when you have not seen the one that you believed in and so hoping he will accomplish whole what he promises ,

then when you have know him then you can trust him ,and the faith(hope) becomes a reality not yet seen but true ,

CHRIST SEW GOD HIS FATHER BECAUSE HE CAME FROM THE FATHER AND RETURNED TO HIM AFTER HIS DEAD ,WHEN HE WAS TWELVE YEARS OLD HE KNEW ALREADY THAT HE CAME TO DO THE WILL OF HIS FATHER IN HEAVEN HE DID NOT NEED FAITH  NOR HOPE ,

T,

Demons believe, James 2:19, there is a God even though he is unseen, Colossians 1:15, 1 Timothy 1:17.

King James Version (KJV)

16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

King James Version (KJV)

22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

Kerwin

Gal 2:16 know that a man is not justified by observing the law, but by faithin Jesus Christ. So we, too, have put our faith inChrist Jesus that we may be justified;by faith in Christ and not by observing the law, because by observing the law no one will be justified.

Ro 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.
    Ro 1:17 For in the gospel a righteousness from God is revealed, a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written: “The righteous will live by faith.”

all your scriptures does not support your devious understanding only your wishful thinking ,and so you still have no scripture to answer my question ,only your twisted and modified scripture you presented

how low will you get before accepting the truth ???

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ July 15 2013,05:36)

Mike,

Great.  Thanks for the answer.  

Mike,

Philo, a Jew, uses demiurge, archangel, and other titles usually associated with a person to speak of logos in his version of the Jewish Divine Word Doctrines.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ July 15 2013,03:41)

Quote (kerwin @ July 15 2013,07:22)

kerwin,

it is written

NLV

make your own bible

Jammin,

supported by rev 19.13

you are blind boy.

Jammin,

what version is that?

etc.

study english boy.

you are a false teacher

Jammin,

or

choose your answer boy.

Jammin,

ill repeat

or

choose your answer boy.

Jammin,

You seem to have a problem taking Scriptures in context which is why I believe you refuse to answer my question which would put yours in context.  I answered your question in its context already.

your style is old boy.
    why cant you answer my question? are you afraid?

or

choose your answer boy.

Jammin,

I already answered that I require you to answer my question about context so that my answer is in context.  

I previously answered that at a time after the Word was made flesh John foretold that Jesus would be called by the name of the Word.  That answer has not changed.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ July 15 2013,20:12)

kerwin

T,

T,

k

T,

King James Version (KJV)

King James Version (KJV)

Kerwin

Gal 2:16 know that a man is not justified by observing the law, but by faithin  Jesus Christ. So we, too, have put our faith  inChrist Jesus that we may be justified;by faith in Christ and not by observing the law, because by observing the law no one will be justified.

Ro 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.
    Ro 1:17 For in the gospel a righteousness from God is revealed, a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written: “The righteous will live by faith.”

all your scriptures does not support your devious understanding only your wishful thinking ,and so you still have no scripture to answer my question ,only your twisted and modified scripture you presented

T,

The KJV, Interlinear, and others use of Christ but the “of” implied as Koine does not use the “in” or “of”. I know of no case where Christou is translated “in Christ” in the Interlinear but it is translated “of Christ” several times.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ July 15 2013,23:19)

kerwin

T,

T,

k

T,

King James Version (KJV)

King James Version (KJV)

Kerwin

Gal 2:16 know that a man is not justified by observing the law, but by faithin  Jesus Christ. So we, too, have put our faith  inChrist Jesus that we may be justified;by faith in Christ and not by observing the law, because by observing the law no one will be justified.

T,

The KJV, Interlinear, and others use of Christ but the “of” implied as Koine does not use the “in” or “of”.  I know of no case where Christou is translated “in Christ” in the Interlinear but it is translated “of Christ” several times.

K
    Gal 2:16 Yet we know that a man is justified or reckoned righteous and in right standing with God not by works of the Law, but [only] through faith and [absolute] reliance on and adherence to and trust in Jesus Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed One). [Therefore] even we [ourselves] have believed on Christ Jesus, in order to be justified by faith in Christ and not by works of the Law [for we cannot be justified by any observance of the ritual of the Law given by Moses], because by keeping legal rituals and by works no human being can ever be justified (declared righteous and put in right standing with God). [Ps. 143:2] (the amplified bible )

you are the most inventive character that i know ;show me what it sound like to be “of ” and not “in”

and then show me how it lines up with other scriptures were Christ says to believe “in” him not “of “him

how more you try to sell your opinions how deeper you are digging your hole .

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ July 15 2013,03:43)

Quote (Ed J @ July 14 2013,02:59)

Quote (Ed J @ July 14 2013,16:34)
    ………….and they were all filled with the HolySpirit, and they spake “The Word” of God with boldness. (Acts 4:31)

1 John 1:1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen
     with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of “The Word” of life;

Ed, if the Word is the Holy Spirit, then the scriptures you posted teach us the following:

1.  After the disciples were filled with the Holy Spirit of God, they proceeded to speak the Holy Spirit of God with great boldness.  
    2.  The Holy Spirit of God was seen by the eyes of John and other human beings.

3.  The Holy Spirit of God was touched by the hands of John, and by the hands of other human beings.

(4)Do these things really make sense in your mind?

Hi Mike, I like your new approach!

1) Correct.
    2) Yes, they seen and handled  “The Word” of God – which is spirit.
    3) Yes, they helped form “The Word” of God – which is spirit.

4) “the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God:
          for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them,
          because they are spiritually discerned.” (1Corinthians 2:14)

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ July 15 2013,10:54)

Mike,

Mike,

Philo, a Jew, uses demiurge, archangel, and other titles usually associated with a person to speak of logos in his version of the Jewish Divine Word Doctrines.

That doesn't answer my question, Kerwin. What exactly is being personified as “archangel” and “a god”, and “other titles”?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Ed J @ July 15 2013,16:37)

1) Correct.

Then I'm afraid you'll probably dislike the old approach I used in the “ISM” thread a minute ago.  :)

1.  In what way did the disciples SPEAK the Holy Spirit?  Did they talk, and the Holy Spirit itself came out of their mouths?  Did the Holy Spirit stop being exclusively the Word of God, and has now become the Word of men as well?  Please explain how a man SPEAKS the Holy Spirit.

2.  Can a human hand actually handle a spirit?  How?  

I can go along with them seeing it, since it alighted on Jesus in bodily form, looking like a dove.  But “touching” it?  I don't know about that one. Please explain how a human being can touch a spirit with his hands. (Also some scriptural support would be nice.)

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ July 16 2013,10:36)

1) Correct.

Then I'm afraid you'll probably dislike the old approach I used in the “ISM” thread a minute ago.  :)

1.  (A)In what way did the disciples SPEAK the Holy Spirit?  (B)Did they talk, and the Holy Spirit itself came out of their mouths?  (C)Did the Holy Spirit stop being exclusively the Word of God, and has now become the Word of men as well?  (D)Please explain how a man SPEAKS the Holy Spirit.

Hi Mike,

Your old approach paramounts to you merely arguing your opinion.

1A) By speaking “The Word” of God.
    1B) “the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.” (John 6:63 ) (Note: the Disciples also spoke by the HolySpirit)
    1C) No
    1D) The seed is planted through hearing “The Word”, the seed is God's HolySpirit.

“They were all filled with the HolySpirit,
                    and they spake “The Word” of God with boldness.” (Acts 4:31)

Of his own will begat he us with “The Word” of truth,
    that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures. (James 1:18)

1Pet.1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of
    incorruptible, by “The Word” of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ July 16 2013,10:36)

2.  Can a human hand actually handle a spirit?  How?  

(2A)I can go along with them seeing it, since it alighted on Jesus in bodily form, looking like a dove.  But “touching” it?  I don't know about that one.  Please explain how a human being can touch a spirit with his hands.  (Also some scriptural support would be nice.)

Hi Mike,

2) The Apostles handled “The Word” of God by writing the books of the bible.

2A) Is that how you perceive of what I'm telling you?

God bless

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ July 16 2013,05:28)

Quote (kerwin @ July 15 2013,10:54)

Mike,

Mike,

That doesn't answer my question, Kerwin.  What exactly is being personified as “archangel” and “a god”, and “other titles”?

Mike,

The logos.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ July 16 2013,00:19)

Quote (kerwin @ July 15 2013,23:19)

kerwin

T,

T,

k

T,

King James Version (KJV)

King James Version (KJV)

Kerwin

T,

The KJV, Interlinear, and others use of Christ but the “of” implied as Koine does not use the “in” or “of”.  I know of no case where Christou is translated “in Christ” in the Interlinear but it is translated “of Christ” several times.

K
    Gal 2:16 Yet we know that a man is justified or reckoned righteous and in right standing with God not by works of the Law, but [only] through faith and [absolute] reliance on and adherence to and trust in Jesus Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed One). [Therefore] even we [ourselves] have believed on Christ Jesus, in order to be justified by faith in Christ and not by works of the Law [for we cannot be justified by any observance of the ritual of the Law given by Moses], because by keeping legal rituals and by works no human being can ever be justified (declared righteous and put in right standing with God). [Ps. 143:2] (the amplified bible )

you are the most inventive character that i know ;show me what it sound like to be “of ” and not “in”

and then show me how it lines up with other scriptures were Christ says to believe “in” him not “of “him

how more you try to sell your opinions how deeper you are digging your hole .

T,

I see no evidence the Koine Greek means “in” and not “of”. I see where certain translators want it to be “in” but not where they are coming from to put it there.

I can see where we are saved by his faith because he was made perfect by his suffering.

Hebrews 5:7-9
    King James Version (KJV)

7 Who in the days of his flesh, when he had offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto him that was able to save him from death, and was heard in that he feared;
    8 Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered;
    9 And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

terraricca
    Participant

KERWIN

T,

I see no evidence the Koine Greek means “in” and not “of”. I see where certain translators want it to be “in” but not where they are coming from to put it there.

I can see where we are saved by his faith because he was made perfect by his suffering.

Hebrews 5:7-9
    King James Version (KJV)

7 Who in the days of his flesh, when he had offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto him that was able to save him from death, and was heard in that he feared;
    8 Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered;
    9 And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

————–

what we discussing is that you say Christ as faith ; and I still wait to see a verse that says that ;???

the scriptures you quote are only showing that he came from his father that he knew very well and that he was known from his father ,

faith is ;Heb 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
    Heb 11:2 For by it the elders obtained a good report.
    Heb 11:3 Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

show me a scripture that says that Christ HAD THINGS TO HOPE FOR ,AND THAT HE COULD NOT SEE . THIS WOULD BE EVIDENCE ;???

Ro 1:12 that is, that you and I may be mutually encouraged by each other’s faith.
    Ro 3:3 What if some did not have faith? Will their lack of faith nullify God’s faithfulness?
    Ro 3:22 This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference,
    Ro 3:25 God presented him as a sacrifice of atonement, through faith in his blood. He did this to demonstrate his justice, because in his forbearance he had left the sins committed beforehand unpunished—
    Ro 3:26 he did it to demonstrate his justice at the present time, so as to be just and the one who justifies those who have faith in Jesus.
    Ro 3:27 Where, then, is boasting? It is excluded. On what principle? On that of observing the law? No, but on that of faith.

THIS IS OUR FAITH;Rev 22:12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

1Co 2:5 so that your faith might not rest on men’s wisdom, but on God’s power.

LOOK IN ALL SCRIPTURES IT SAYS FAITH (BELIEVE IN ) IN JESUS CHRIST NOT “OF ” WHY ARE YOU TRYING TO MISS LEAD ME ???

kerwin
    Participant

T,

Luke 22:42
    King James Version (KJV)

42 Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.

John 17:24
    King James Version (KJV)

24 Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.

Viewing 20 posts - 13,301 through 13,320 (of 25,925 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account