JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 13,241 through 13,260 (of 25,926 total)
  • Author
    kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ July 12 2013,01:03)

Quote (kerwin @ July 11 2013,11:08)
    T,

James 1:17
    King James Version (KJV)

17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.

Did John the Baptist come from above or below?

K

I do not know why you are quoting me this scriptures ???

T,

I asked a question and the quoted passage provides context for both the question and the answer.  Will you answer the question? I see you did

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ July 12 2013,01:09)

T,

King James Version (KJV)

17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.

K

well that is a good question ;HE IS FROM BOTH ;

HIS NATURE IS FROM MEN OF THE FLESH ;BUT HIS MESSAGE IS FROM ABOVE OF THE SPIRIT ,

THIS IS WHY IT IS HARD TO UNDERSTAND IT

T,

Then Jesus, who unlike John, did not sin is from above both in his actions and his message?

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ July 12 2013,01:18)

T,

King James Version (KJV)

K

HIS NATURE IS FROM MEN OF THE FLESH ;BUT HIS MESSAGE IS FROM ABOVE OF THE SPIRIT ,

T,

Then Jesus, who unlike John, did not sin is from above both in his actions and his message?

k

Jesus did not sin but also did not had the mark of the sin of Adam like John the baptist had,

the fact that Jesus could be tested and tempted it only was because now he was in a servant position and not beside his father ,in the heavenly glory ,what he took back when he went back after his resurrection

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ July 12 2013,01:25)

T,

King James Version (KJV)

K

T,

k

Jesus did not sin but also did not had the mark of the sin of Adam like John the baptist had,

the fact that Jesus could be tested and tempted it only was because now he was in a servant position and not beside his father ,in the heavenly glory ,what he took back when he went back after his resurrection

T,

Can you please answer that question before we go on?

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ July 12 2013,01:43)

T,

King James Version (KJV)

K

T,

k

T,

K

your question is not clear and in a way I have answered you,

but understand that the message in both Jesus and John the baptist were in actions and in spirit they always have to be two that witnessing ,no less ,more is better ,

but you do not believe in the preexistence of Christ so we will never be together this is the most critical believe for the true believer ,so this is were this exchange stops because of it ,

2besee
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ July 12 2013,08:04)

Quote (2besee @ July 11 2013,11:40)
    Teraricca,

this is untrue ,first it is God's will to share in all things with his creation THIS IS WHAT IT MEANS BE ONE WITH HIM
    OUR COMMENT FROM uIRENAEUS IS NOT TRUE HE IGNORED THE LOVE OF GOD AND SEE THINGS IN A MEN'S VIEW

So to you, when it says that God alone created the world, you think that is not true and anyone who agrees with scripture including Irenaeus is a liar. Can you show me where it says in scripture that God had help to create the world? You won't find it anywhere. You may see that it is in fact YOU who follows “mens view”!

Teraricca,
    Where did you actually LEARN that God created the world through angels etc? Because it's not in scripture, is it?

2bee

so you are not a creation of God ,that is what you are saying

Teraricca,
    Please answer the question in bold.

2besee
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ July 12 2013,08:06)

Quote (2besee @ July 11 2013,11:29)
    T,

that is not an answer ,that is what we call an OPINION based on the facts of what you believe it should be in compliance with what your personal believes is

You asked me a question, and I answered it. If you don't like my answer, then too bad!

each time you make changes to scriptures….

Each time I make changes to scripture? Is it not YOU who changed John 1:1 to say that the word was a god?

you are pushing other away and new opinions take place NOT TRU

I am pushing away other opinions? And letting new opinions take place?
    I have shown you that the earliest church agrees with “my” opinion, and one of my sources was canon (shepherd of hermas). And who is the source of my truth? The Holy Spirit leads us – we have no need of a teacher!

Teraricca,

Who is the Holy Spirit to you?

2bee

Who is the Holy Spirit to you?

I have a topic only on SPIRITS look into it and see

And Teraricca,
    Please answer this question too. Who is the Holy Spirit to you?

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ July 12 2013,02:20)

Quote (kerwin @ July 12 2013,01:43)

T,

King James Version (KJV)

K

T,

k

T,

K

your question is not clear and in a way I have answered you,

but understand that the message in both Jesus and John the baptist were in actions and in spirit they always have to be two that witnessing ,no less ,more is better ,

but you do not believe in the preexistence of Christ so we will never be together this is the most critical believe for the true believer ,so this is were this exchange stops because of it ,

T,

The question is clear. Did Jesus come from above in both his message and his actions?

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (2besee @ July 12 2013,03:26)

Quote (terraricca @ July 12 2013,08:04)

Quote (2besee @ July 11 2013,11:40)
    Teraricca,

this is untrue ,first it is God's will to share in all things with his creation THIS IS WHAT IT MEANS BE ONE WITH HIM
    OUR COMMENT FROM uIRENAEUS IS NOT TRUE HE IGNORED THE LOVE OF GOD AND SEE THINGS IN A MEN'S VIEW

So to you, when it says that God alone created the world, you think that is not true and anyone who agrees with scripture including Irenaeus is a liar. Can you show me where it says in scripture that God had help to create the world? You won't find it anywhere. You may see that it is in fact YOU who follows “mens view”!

Teraricca,
    Where did you actually LEARN that God created the world through angels etc? Because it's not in scripture, is it?

2bee

so you are not a creation of God ,that is what you are saying

Teraricca,
    Please answer the question in bold.

2BEE

unless you answer mine you will not have a answer

terraricca
    Participant

K

T,

The question is clear. Did Jesus come from above in both his message and his actions?

you ask me three things right ,1) did Jesus came from his father that is in heaven =yes

2) did his verbal message came from God =yes

3) did his powerful actions that Jesus accomplished did it came from God =yes

this is my answer to your questions

2besee
    Participant

Teraricca,
    I have answered all of your questions.
    Just answer the two questions that I have asked you please.

2besee
    Participant

Teraricca, the questions again:

1) Teraricca, Where did you actually LEARN that God created the world through angels etc? Because it's not in scripture, is it?

2) Who is the holy spirit to you?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ July 10 2013,22:42)
    So using Jewish word use of the First Century and Scripture I have covered the first four verses of the John without inventing a religion different from the Jews of the day.

Okay,

I'd like to walk through those scriptures using baby steps, if you don't mind.

So far, I'm hearing that the first century Jewish understanding of the Word of God was that “he” was personified as an archangel, but really wasn't. And “he” was personified as a god, but really wasn't.

Was this Word (demiurge) a living BEING, independent from Jehovah?

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ July 12 2013,04:16)
    K

T,

The question is  clear.  Did Jesus come from above in both his message and his actions?

you ask me three things right ,1) did Jesus came from his father that is in heaven =yes

T,

I was speaking righteous actions and not powerful actions. I did not mention his soul or body.

John 8:23-24
    King James Version (KJV)

23 And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.
    24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

Why are these Jews from below?

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ July 12 2013,06:45)

K

T,

The question is  clear.  Did Jesus come from above in both his message and his actions?

T,

I was speaking righteous actions and not powerful actions.  I did not mention his soul or body.  

King James Version (KJV)

23 And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.
    24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

K

because their mind and actions to support the world ,for not knowing the arrival of the the day of the coming of the Lord the Christ ,the successor to king David,and so remain into their ignorance and died in their sins

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (2besee @ July 12 2013,04:34)
    Teraricca,
    I have answered all of your questions.
    Just answer the two questions that I have asked you please.

2bee

if you have answered all my questions then I also have answered all yours

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ July 12 2013,06:45)

K

T,

T,

I was speaking righteous actions and not powerful actions.  I did not mention his soul or body.  

King James Version (KJV)

K

I was speaking righteous actions and not powerful actions.

what are the righteous actions of Christ ;???

and what do you think i meant when i said powerful actions ???

2besee
    Participant

Teraricca,
    I have answered your questions and you have not answered mine at all. So, if not answered I will put you in the hotseat until they are answered once I have some more data.
    Because, you are avoiding my simple questions.

Who is the Holy Spirit to you.

Where did you learn that angels took part in creation because it is not in scripture.

……..

If you say that I have not answered your question, which question is that?

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (2besee @ July 12 2013,08:26)
    Teraricca,
    I have answered your questions and you have not answered mine at all. So, if not answered I will put you in the hotseat until they are answered once I have some more data.
    Because, you are avoiding my simple questions.

Who is the Holy Spirit to you.

Where did you learn that angels took part in creation because it is not in scripture.

……..

2BEE

so you are not a creation of God ,that is what you are saying???

jammin
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ July 12 2013,05:27)

Quote (jammin @ July 11 2013,13:02)

Quote (kerwin @ July 10 2013,18:23)

Quote (jammin @ July 10 2013,12:54)
    kerwin,

it is written
    Christ Lived Before the World Was Made

1 The Word (Christ) was in the beginning. The Word was with God. The Word was God.

NLV

it is not written that the HS is the word in john 1.1

make your own bible

Jammin,

I have not claimed the HS is the Word for a while though it is the way the Word is utilized.

(Christ) is a comment and not what is written.

Try to find a more literal version where it is written and not back-filled or a comment and a manuscript to match.

supported by rev 19.13

you are blind boy.

Jammin,

rev 19.13 states a time will come when Jesus will be called by the name of the Word of God not that he was the Word in the beginning.

Your teaching would never be called a sect of Judaism as it invents a new God, one that was not known by Abraham, Mosses, or Jesus.

Jesus came proclaiming a new covenant not a new religion.

what are you talking about?
    where can you read in rev 19.13 that HE WILL BE CALLED BY THE NAME OF THE WORD OF GOD?

what version is that?

do you understand english?

the bible says in rev 19.13
    he was called the Word of God.
    he was known as the WORD of God
    and the title by which He is called is The Word of God.
    and his name is called The Word of God.

etc.

do you understand the difference between he will be called and he is called?

study english boy.

you are a false teacher

Viewing 20 posts - 13,241 through 13,260 (of 25,926 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account