JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 13,121 through 13,140 (of 25,925 total)
  • Author
    terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ June 29 2013,23:46)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 29 2013,23:30)

Quote (kerwin @ June 28 2013,18:54)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 28 2013,07:55)

Quote (kerwin @ June 27 2013,19:51)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 28 2013,05:59)

Quote (terraricca @ June 28 2013,00:10)

Quote (kerwin @ June 27 2013,23:51)

Quote (terraricca @ June 27 2013,21:30)

who is the person that JB talks about ONE NAME PLEASE ;?…….

T,

John is using John the Baptist's words to teach of the attributes of Jesus.

K

why do you have to interpret what as not to be ;you did not answer my question ,

and you pick some kind of weird approach to all those scriptures very strange,

Spot on, Pierre.

Kerwin, the answer to Pierre's question is “JESUS OF NAZARETH”.

The bizarre, pseudo-psycho wording you chose, in an effort to mask your reluctance to answer Pierre's question directly and honestly, is very thinly veiled, Kerwin.  People like Pierre and I see right through that mumbo-jumbo – and know exactly why you choose to word things the way you do.

You aim to hide the simple truth of the answers we seek beneath a mask of pseudo-babble.

Your efforts are transparent to us – as is evident from Pierre's response.

Mike,

I have no intentions to give either you or Pierre an answer you can twist to mean what it does not.  When John is speaking of the light and John the Baptist is speaking of Jesus then it is clear the passage is teaching of the light attribute of Jesus. You seem to understand the words “God is love” and yet it appears you cannot understand “I am the light”.

Kerwin,

The point remains that the actual honest answer to Pierre's question is “JESUS CHRIST”.

But you don't WANT to admit it out loud, so you babble all around the point – as if we are idiots and don't know exactly what you're doing.

Please tell me how the answer to Pierre's question is NOT “Jesus Christ”.  Show us all (IN CLEAR WORDS) how that answer is incorrect.

Either that, or ADMIT that it IS the correct answer and be done with it.

Mike,

An honest answer is the answer I gave.

Both the Light and the Word are attributes of Jesus just as Love is an attribute of God.

1 John 1:5
    God is light; in him there is no darkness at all.

Simple question:  Who is John talking about in this verse?

Simple answer:  John is talking about God the Father.

Kerwin's answer to the same question:  John is speaking about a certain attribute OF God.

Can you see the difference, Kerwin?  The question was NOT:  Whose ATTRIBUTES is John talking about?

So once again, here is Pierre's actual question:  Who is the person that JB talks about ONE NAME PLEASE?

What is the only correct answer, Kerwin?

Mike,

I actually wrote “John uses John the Baptist's words to…” and then from all I said it can be inferred John the Baptist was speaking of Jesus.  John on the other hand speaks of Jesus' attributes.

K

My original question was based on the first 4chapters of John gospel,who did John talked about ???

And this is not a trap question ,it is one based on your own believes,not on my part

And for those reasons you could not answer me ,??? It is your own interpretation that trick you

2besee
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 30 2013,17:15)

Quote (2besee @ June 29 2013,21:23)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 30 2013,16:19)

Quote (2besee @ June 29 2013,20:59)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 30 2013,15:56)

Quote (2besee @ June 29 2013,20:10)
    Mike,
    It is so hard for you to understand that God is one?

Not hard at all.  What does that have to do with the points I made, Abe Jr.?   ???

It seems to be hard for you to understand.

Well, it's not.  Nor do I have any idea why it would seem that way to you.  Perhaps you could explain.

Mike,
    Your second to last post on page 889.

Are you confusing Jehovah your god is one with there is literally only one god in existence?

Because the former surely doesn't say the latter.  Do you think it does?

Mike, I have shown you other verses elsewhere. You know them.

2besee
    Participant

Mike,

Did an attribute of God BECOME FLESH and dwell on earth?

An attribute of God CAN become flesh.

Is the name of an attribute of God the only thing by which we can be saved and by which we are given the right to become children of God?

The only name in which we can be saved is Jesus (Yahshua), which was given.

Yahshua means Yah saves!

2besee
    Participant

If God IS the Word, then was the world created both BY God and THROUGH God?

The word for “through” is “dia” which could mean “on account of” or “for/because of”.

See my post in the “ism” thread.

Did God Himself become flesh and dwell on earth with the glory of His own Son?

How can God also be the Son of God?

God is in unapproachable light, so He could not come down and dwell with us in full, but He did through his spirit, the Holy spirit, which was in Jesus, and still is here. (the son).

Galatians 4
    “And because you are sons, God has sent the Spirit of the Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.”

2besee
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ June 30 2013,17:56)

Quote (2besee @ June 30 2013,07:00)
    Kerwin and all,
    The love that God has is not another God but is part of God though God's love can be seen in others in different degrees of strength, so it is with the logos of God.

2bee

And what would that be ??? What we can see that is ???

T,
    I do not understand your question.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ June 30 2013,11:08)

T,

K

why do you have to interpret what as not to be ;you did not answer my question ,

Spot on, Pierre.

The bizarre, pseudo-psycho wording you chose, in an effort to mask your reluctance to answer Pierre's question directly and honestly, is very thinly veiled, Kerwin.  People like Pierre and I see right through that mumbo-jumbo – and know exactly why you choose to word things the way you do.

You aim to hide the simple truth of the answers we seek beneath a mask of pseudo-babble.

Mike,

I have no intentions to give either you or Pierre an answer you can twist to mean what it does not.  When John is speaking of the light and John the Baptist is speaking of Jesus then it is clear the passage is teaching of the light attribute of Jesus. You seem to understand the words “God is love” and yet it appears you cannot understand “I am the light”.

Kerwin,

The point remains that the actual honest answer to Pierre's question is “JESUS CHRIST”.

But you don't WANT to admit it out loud, so you babble all around the point – as if we are idiots and don't know exactly what you're doing.

Please tell me how the answer to Pierre's question is NOT “Jesus Christ”.  Show us all (IN CLEAR WORDS) how that answer is incorrect.

Mike,

Both the Light and the Word are attributes of Jesus just as Love is an attribute of God.

Kerwin's answer to the same question:  John is speaking about a certain attribute OF God.

Can you see the difference, Kerwin?  The question was NOT:  Whose ATTRIBUTES is John talking about?

So once again, here is Pierre's actual question:  Who is the person that JB talks about ONE NAME PLEASE?

Mike,

I actually wrote “John uses John the Baptist's words to…” and then from all I said it can be inferred John the Baptist was speaking of Jesus.  John on the other hand speaks of Jesus' attributes.

K

My original question was based on the first 4chapters of John gospel,who did John talked about ???

And this is not a trap question ,it is one based on your own believes,not on my part

And for those reasons you could not answer me ,??? It is your own interpretation that trick you

T,

I do not believe you asked an intentional trap question but rather you, without knowing, asked for an incomplete truth as asking for the complete truth would be to ask what purposes John was using John the Baptist's about Jesus for.  

As far as I know we have never disagreed about the fact that John the Baptist was speaking of Jesus but we have disagreed about John's purpose in using JB's words.  My point is John uses JB's words to reveal Jesus has the attribute of light that he received from Jehovah and gives to those that believe.  That attribute is in  the Word which is a more general attribute of Jesus and Jehovah.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (2besee @ June 30 2013,15:48)
    Mike,

Is the name of an attribute of God the only thing by which we can be saved and by which we are given the right to become children of God?

Yahshua means Yah saves!

2besee,

Be careful not to take that too literal as Jesus and Yashua are the same name from two different cultures. It is actually Iesus or close to that and is even that in the early AKJV that I do not believe is available now. A proper translation into English would be Godsaves. Peter would be Rock.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (2besee @ June 30 2013,03:48)
    Mike,

Okay 2B,

Let's focus on this one for a minute.

Which attribute of God are you speaking about? And in which way did this attribute actually BECOME flesh?

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ June 30 2013,21:13)

T,

K

Spot on, Pierre.

Mike,

Kerwin,

Mike,

Mike,

K

T,

I do not believe you asked an intentional trap question but rather you, without knowing, asked for an incomplete truth as asking for the complete truth would be to ask what purposes John was using John the Baptist's about Jesus for.  

As far as I know we have never disagreed about the fact that John the Baptist was speaking of Jesus but we have disagreed about John's purpose in using JB's words.  My point is John uses JB's words to reveal Jesus has the attribute of light that he received from Jehovah and gives to those that believe.  That attribute is in  the Word which is a more general attribute of Jesus and Jehovah.

K

so his Christ a light ??? if not what does it mean ????

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ July 01 2013,00:23)

Quote (kerwin @ June 30 2013,21:13)

T,

K

Spot on, Pierre.

Mike,

Kerwin,

Mike,

Mike,

K

T,

K

so his Christ a light ??? if not what does it mean ????

T,

The truth of God but more than just speaking the truth. A truth that JB merely spoke as he was carried along by the Spirit.

terraricca
    Participant

k

T,

The truth of God but more than just speaking the truth. A truth that JB merely spoke as he was carried along by the Spirit.

what as your answer means to my question ???

so his Christ a light if not what does it mean ?

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ July 01 2013,03:52)
    k

T,

The truth of God but more than just speaking the truth.  A truth that JB merely spoke as he was carried along by the Spirit.

so his Christ a light  if not what does it mean ?

T,

Jesus is the Lamp that sheds light, the light is the truth that leads to life. The life of men is in the light that fills Jesus and is shed by Jesus. Those who love darkness will not come into his light.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ July 01 2013,06:15)

k

T,

The truth of God but more than just speaking the truth.  A truth that JB merely spoke as he was carried along by the Spirit.

T,

Jesus is the Lamp that sheds light, the light is the truth that leads to life.  The life of men is in the light that fills Jesus and is shed by Jesus.  Those who love darkness will not come into his light.

K

as i said the light is not the messenger (except for Christ ) but the message that is provide by those that are believers in the truth of God (light )

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ July 01 2013,06:22)

Quote (kerwin @ July 01 2013,06:15)

k

T,

T,

Jesus is the Lamp that sheds light, the light is the truth that leads to life.  The life of men is in the light that fills Jesus and is shed by Jesus.  Those who love darkness will not come into his light.

K

as i said the light is not the messenger (except for Christ ) but the message that is provide by those that are believers in the truth of God (light )

T,

:cool:

2besee
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ July 01 2013,05:29)

Mike,

Okay 2B,

Which attribute of God are you speaking about?  And in which way did this attribute actually BECOME flesh?

Mike,
    I don't know about attributes, that is getting to complicated for me.

But look at this: Other uses of the word “logos”. Look carefully and you will see that the scriptures in places mention God's logos (word) as God's MESSAGE. Here are a couple of examines:

2 Timothy 2: 8 – 9

“This is my gospel, for which I am suffering to the point of being chained like a criminal. But God’s word is not chained.”

1 John 2:7

“Beloved, I am writing no new commandment to you but an old commandment that you had from the beginning. The old commandment is the word that you have heard.”

Revelation 20: 4 –5 – “I also saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their witness to Jesus AND for the word of God”[/b]

Revelation 1:2 – “His servant John, who gives witness to the word of God AND to the testimony of Jesus Christ.”

Do you see how that has the word (logos) AND Jesus Christ?

2besee
    Participant

Mike and all,
    I am running out of phone data and so will not be posting as much in the next couple of weeks, but I will be looking closely at John chapter one and the first letter of John and will write up a side by side comparison, because I believe that the two go together.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (2besee @ July 01 2013,22:29)

Mike,

Okay 2B,

Which attribute of God are you speaking about?  And in which way did this attribute actually BECOME flesh?

Mike,

But look at this: Other uses of the word “logos”. Look carefully and you will see that the scriptures in places mention God's logos (word) as God's MESSAGE. Here are a couple of examines:

“This is my gospel, for which I am suffering to the point of being chained like a criminal. But God’s word is not chained.”

“Beloved, I am writing no new commandment to you but an old commandment that you had from the beginning. The old commandment is the word that you have heard.”

Revelation 20: 4 –5 – “I also saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their witness to Jesus AND for the word of God”[/b]

Revelation 1:2 – “His servant John, who gives witness to the word of God AND to the testimony of Jesus Christ.”

2besee………..Good Post brother. God's Words are His own Words, and Jesus' words are His own words unless he is Quoting GOD and then it is God words he is Quoting , but never his own words. I am Glad you understand this brother.

Mike is making Jesus a Thief by applying God Words to himself, But What did Jesus say, “the words I am telling you are “NOT MY WORDS”.  He can't seem to reason that if Jesus is not God own Words, that a title of the Word of God is relating Him a the one who is “QUOTING” God's Words to us, which Jesus as a Mediator between God and Us, but that never makes Jesus a God of any kind. IMO

peace and love to you and yours ……………………….gene

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Gene,

Whether Jesus is speaking GOD's words or his own,
    it doesn't make Jesus the words that GOD has spoken;
    funny how those who hold to the traditions of men miss this.

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (2besee @ July 01 2013,17:29)

Mike,

Okay 2B,

Mike,

2BEE

this we know and can see ,THEIR IS MORE TO THE SCRIPTURES THAN JUST READING AND COMMENT ON IT FROM SOMEONE ELSE VIEW POINT ;IT IS GOD'S POINT OF VIEW YOU SHOULD LOOK FOR NOTHING ELSE

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ July 01 2013,21:15)
    Hi Gene,

Whether Jesus is speaking GOD's words or his own,
    it doesn't make Jesus the words that GOD has spoken;
    funny how those who hold to the traditions of men miss this.

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

EDJ

you have become an expert in talking and fall short of saying the truth 99% of the time :D

Viewing 20 posts - 13,121 through 13,140 (of 25,925 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account