JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 13,061 through 13,080 (of 25,926 total)
  • Author
    kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ June 29 2013,18:12)

Quote (kerwin @ June 29 2013,15:43)

Quote (terraricca @ June 29 2013,08:09)
    Kerwin

T,

God is Love and Jesus is the Light and the Word.  You are the one that wants to claim Love is an attribute of God while denying that the Light and the Word are even though they are written in the same pattern.

we have discussed many times “God is LOVE ” but what sort of LOVE is God ??? and why is John say this ??? please answer me

Christ being the light and his disciples being the ligh,and the true believers being the light ;means in reality THE PROVIDERS OF THE TRUTH OF GOD

READ THE SCRIPTURES AND LEARN

T,

John speaks of the light that comes into the world and denied he was that light.  Jesus claimed to be that light.  Light means more than the provider of the Truth as John the Baptist provided Truth.

I, like John, assume believers what love is being spoken of.

K

Light means more than the provider of the Truth

show me in scriptures;

T,

I already did be pointing out that John the Baptist stated he is not the light even though is a provider of truth.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ June 28 2013,18:54)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 28 2013,07:55)

Quote (kerwin @ June 27 2013,19:51)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 28 2013,05:59)

Quote (terraricca @ June 28 2013,00:10)

Quote (kerwin @ June 27 2013,23:51)

Quote (terraricca @ June 27 2013,21:30)

who is the person that JB talks about ONE NAME PLEASE ;?…….

T,

John is using John the Baptist's words to teach of the attributes of Jesus.

K

why do you have to interpret what as not to be ;you did not answer my question ,

and you pick some kind of weird approach to all those scriptures very strange,

Spot on, Pierre.

Kerwin, the answer to Pierre's question is “JESUS OF NAZARETH”.

The bizarre, pseudo-psycho wording you chose, in an effort to mask your reluctance to answer Pierre's question directly and honestly, is very thinly veiled, Kerwin.  People like Pierre and I see right through that mumbo-jumbo – and know exactly why you choose to word things the way you do.

You aim to hide the simple truth of the answers we seek beneath a mask of pseudo-babble.

Your efforts are transparent to us – as is evident from Pierre's response.

Mike,

I have no intentions to give either you or Pierre an answer you can twist to mean what it does not.  When John is speaking of the light and John the Baptist is speaking of Jesus then it is clear the passage is teaching of the light attribute of Jesus. You seem to understand the words “God is love” and yet it appears you cannot understand “I am the light”.

Kerwin,

The point remains that the actual honest answer to Pierre's question is “JESUS CHRIST”.

But you don't WANT to admit it out loud, so you babble all around the point – as if we are idiots and don't know exactly what you're doing.

Please tell me how the answer to Pierre's question is NOT “Jesus Christ”.  Show us all (IN CLEAR WORDS) how that answer is incorrect.

Either that, or ADMIT that it IS the correct answer and be done with it.

Mike,

An honest answer is the answer I gave.

Both the Light and the Word are attributes of Jesus just as Love is an attribute of God.

1 John 1:5
    God is light; in him there is no darkness at all.

Simple question: Who is John talking about in this verse?

Simple answer: John is talking about God the Father.

Kerwin's answer to the same question: John is speaking about a certain attribute OF God.

Can you see the difference, Kerwin? The question was NOT: Whose ATTRIBUTES is John talking about?

So once again, here is Pierre's actual question: Who is the person that JB talks about ONE NAME PLEASE?

What is the only correct answer, Kerwin?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (2besee @ June 28 2013,19:14)
    The light is God Almighty. The light is the Father of Jesus.

Jesus is also the light, 2B. And so are the disciples of Jesus.

So what is your point? That the light can ONLY refer to God Himself?

If that is your point, then you are wrong.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 29 2013,23:30)

Quote (kerwin @ June 28 2013,18:54)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 28 2013,07:55)

Quote (kerwin @ June 27 2013,19:51)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 28 2013,05:59)

Quote (terraricca @ June 28 2013,00:10)

Quote (kerwin @ June 27 2013,23:51)

Quote (terraricca @ June 27 2013,21:30)

who is the person that JB talks about ONE NAME PLEASE ;?…….

T,

John is using John the Baptist's words to teach of the attributes of Jesus.

K

why do you have to interpret what as not to be ;you did not answer my question ,

and you pick some kind of weird approach to all those scriptures very strange,

Spot on, Pierre.

Kerwin, the answer to Pierre's question is “JESUS OF NAZARETH”.

The bizarre, pseudo-psycho wording you chose, in an effort to mask your reluctance to answer Pierre's question directly and honestly, is very thinly veiled, Kerwin.  People like Pierre and I see right through that mumbo-jumbo – and know exactly why you choose to word things the way you do.

You aim to hide the simple truth of the answers we seek beneath a mask of pseudo-babble.

Your efforts are transparent to us – as is evident from Pierre's response.

Mike,

I have no intentions to give either you or Pierre an answer you can twist to mean what it does not.  When John is speaking of the light and John the Baptist is speaking of Jesus then it is clear the passage is teaching of the light attribute of Jesus. You seem to understand the words “God is love” and yet it appears you cannot understand “I am the light”.

Kerwin,

The point remains that the actual honest answer to Pierre's question is “JESUS CHRIST”.

But you don't WANT to admit it out loud, so you babble all around the point – as if we are idiots and don't know exactly what you're doing.

Please tell me how the answer to Pierre's question is NOT “Jesus Christ”.  Show us all (IN CLEAR WORDS) how that answer is incorrect.

Either that, or ADMIT that it IS the correct answer and be done with it.

Mike,

An honest answer is the answer I gave.

Both the Light and the Word are attributes of Jesus just as Love is an attribute of God.

1 John 1:5
    God is light; in him there is no darkness at all.

Simple question:  Who is John talking about in this verse?

Simple answer:  John is talking about God the Father.

Kerwin's answer to the same question:  John is speaking about a certain attribute OF God.

Can you see the difference, Kerwin?  The question was NOT:  Whose ATTRIBUTES is John talking about?

So once again, here is Pierre's actual question:  Who is the person that JB talks about ONE NAME PLEASE?

What is the only correct answer, Kerwin?

Mike,

I actually wrote “John uses John the Baptist's words to…” and then from all I said it can be inferred John the Baptist was speaking of Jesus. John on the other hand speaks of Jesus' attributes.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (2besee @ June 29 2013,18:40)

2besee,

What you wrote states both “God is light” and “God is in the light”. “God is Love” is another statement John uses. In the case of the later it is said Love is an attribute of God.

Hi Kerwin,

If it is said by some that love is an attribute of God, despite it saying that God IS Love, then the word can be an attribute of God too……….? Therefore,

Love is with God, and God is Love.

Logos is with God,  and God is Logos.

Does anybody actually know what logos is?

2besee,

I believe Logos is also said to be the things of God the Spirit reveals.

In the beginning God was in the light and God was the light. How many God's are there?

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ June 29 2013,23:28)

Kerwin

T,

God is Love and Jesus is the Light and the Word.  You are the one that wants to claim Love is an attribute of God while denying that the Light and the Word are even though they are written in the same pattern.

we have discussed many times “God is LOVE ” but what sort of LOVE is God ??? and why is John say this ??? please answer me

Christ being the light and his disciples being the ligh,and the true believers being the light ;means in reality THE PROVIDERS OF THE TRUTH OF GOD

T,

John speaks of the light that comes into the world and denied he was that light.  Jesus claimed to be that light.  Light means more than the provider of the Truth as John the Baptist provided Truth.

K

show me in scriptures;

T,

I already did be pointing out that John the Baptist stated he is not the light even though is a provider of truth.

K

John the baptist is not a provider of truth ;he his a prophet the last one before Christ ,

the term used to provide understanding in god's truth ,is from Christ until now ,but when Christ was on earth it was light like in a full peak of the day, and lather it became darker when the apostles where faded out ,then darkness start to sink in ,

so now my question to you is ;why is God called the light and Christ ???

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ June 29 2013,23:58)

Kerwin

T,

T,

K

show me in scriptures;

T,

K

John the baptist is not a provider of truth ;he his a prophet the last one before Christ ,

the term used to provide understanding in god's truth ,is from Christ until now ,but when Christ was on earth it was light like in a full peak of the day, and lather it became darker when the apostles where faded out ,then darkness start to sink in ,

T,

So you believe light = provider of the gospel.

I do not see how it fits.

John 3:19
    King James Version (KJV)

19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

What are your thoughts.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ June 30 2013,00:27)

Kerwin

T,

T,

K

show me in scriptures;

T,

K

T,

King James Version (KJV)

19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

What are your thoughts.

K

why you answer me for a question I did not ask ,

please answer me on my question ,if you can

and do not change my question so to mean some thing else ;like ;

T,

where did I say that the light means the gospel ???

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ June 29 2013,11:46)
    Mike,

I actually wrote “John uses John the Baptist's words to…” and then from all I said it can be inferred John the Baptist was speaking of Jesus.  John on the other hand speaks of Jesus' attributes

Can a person speak about “Jesus' attributes” without actually speaking about Jesus?   ???

Of course not.  So next time, if Pierre asks whose ATTRIBUTES John spoke about, say “Jesus' attributes”.

If instead he asks WHO John spoke about, say “Jesus”.

In this way, you are answering the question that was actually ASKED.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 30 2013,03:57)

Quote (kerwin @ June 29 2013,11:46)
    Mike,

I actually wrote “John uses John the Baptist's words to…” and then from all I said it can be inferred John the Baptist was speaking of Jesus.  John on the other hand speaks of Jesus' attributes

Can a person speak about “Jesus' attributes” without actually speaking about Jesus?   ???

Of course not.  So next time, if Pierre asks whose ATTRIBUTES John spoke about, say “Jesus' attributes”.

If instead he asks WHO John spoke about, say “Jesus”.

In this way, you are answering the question that was actually ASKED.

Mike,

I am not going to fall for trickery if I can help it. The verse he asked about is about Jesus attribute and so I answered. Asking for a half truth does not get the truth.

jammin
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ June 29 2013,11:55)

Quote (jammin @ June 29 2013,04:03)
    not yet done?

jesus is the WORD in john 1.1

what else do you need to know?
    if you do not agree, then make your own  version lol

Jammin,

It is not written.

it is written but you are blind.
    Christ Lived Before the World Was Made

1 The Word (Christ) was in the beginning. The Word was with God. The Word was God.

Revelation 19:13
    New Life Version (NLV)
    13 The coat He wears has been put in blood. His name is The Word of God

Matthew Henry's Concise Commentary
    1:1-5 The plainest reason why the Son of God is called the Word, seems to be, that as our words explain our minds to others, so was the Son of God sent in order to reveal his Father's mind to the world.

bible and commentary agree to me.

may God open your eyes.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ June 30 2013,03:34)

Quote (kerwin @ June 30 2013,00:27)

Kerwin

T,

T,

K

show me in scriptures;

T,

K

T,

King James Version (KJV)

What are your thoughts.

K

why you answer me for a question I did not ask ,

please answer me on my question ,if you can

and do not change my question so to mean some thing else ;like ;

T,

where did I say that the light means the gospel ???

T,

I was asking if I understood you correctly by using a so-statement. It does not seem I did even though I believe “god's truth ,is from Christ until now” means the gospel. Please clear up the matter. John 3:19 adds more to consider before responding.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ June 30 2013,04:20)

Quote (kerwin @ June 29 2013,11:55)

Quote (jammin @ June 29 2013,04:03)
    not yet done?

jesus is the WORD in john 1.1

what else do you need to know?
    if you do not agree, then make your own  version lol

Jammin,

It is not written.

it is written but you are blind.
    Christ Lived Before the World Was Made

1 The Word (Christ) was in the beginning. The Word was with God. The Word was God.

Revelation 19:13
    New Life Version (NLV)
    13 The coat He wears has been put in blood. His name is The Word of God

Matthew Henry's Concise Commentary
    1:1-5 The plainest reason why the Son of God is called the Word, seems to be, that as our words explain our minds to others, so was the Son of God sent in order to reveal his Father's mind to the world.

bible and commentary agree to me.

may God open your eyes.

Jammin,

You are explaining.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 30 2013,04:21)
    Ed,

I don't KNOW what the blood on the robe is.  When 2B asked me that question, I OPINED that it refers to the blood of Jesus' sacrifice – just as he is also seen as a lamb who looks like it has been slaughtered, earlier in Revelation.

So I don't KNOW that I'm right, and you're wrong.  But I DO know that Isaiah 63 speaks of one being covered with the blood of those he has already slain.  And since in Rev 19, the blood is already on the rider BEFORE the battle even begins, I don't believe it can be the blood of those the rider has already slain.

So whether you take the blood symbolically, or literally, it doesn't seem as if it can be the blood of those slain, since the blood is there before the battle begins.

Hi Mike,

It doesn't say 'robe' but:  “he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood”

Was the robe that put on Jesus “dipped in blood”? Because this
    seems to be the connection you are trying to make here.

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

2besee
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 30 2013,06:33)

Quote (2besee @ June 28 2013,19:14)
    The light is God Almighty. The light is the Father of Jesus.

Jesus is also the light, 2B.  And so are the disciples of Jesus.

So what is your point?  That the light can ONLY refer to God Himself?

If that is your point, then you are wrong.

No, that is not my point, Mike. Perhaps if you quoted my whole post instead of just a part of it, then you would see that I said EXACTLY what you just tried to 'inform me' as if I was ignorant of that.

2besee
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ June 30 2013,03:52)

Quote (2besee @ June 29 2013,19:23)

Quote (terraricca @ June 30 2013,01:55)

2besee,

What you wrote states both “God is light” and “God is in the light”. “God is Love” is another statement John uses. In the case of the later it is said Love is an attribute of God.

Hi Kerwin,

If it is said by some that love is an attribute of God, despite it saying that God IS Love, then the word can be an attribute of God too……….? Therefore,

2BEE

WAS GOD'S LOVE IN DARFUR Africa starvation ,and is God's love within all the disasters like Japan,Katrina in the USA  ???and more

just ask if you know

T,

The Beatitudes

2 And he opened his mouth and taught them, saying:

3 “Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

4 “Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.

5 “Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.

6 “Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied.

7 “Blessed are the merciful, for they shall receive mercy.

8 “Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.

9 “Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons a of God.

10 “Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness’ sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

11 “Blessed are you when others revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account. 12 Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

you do not answer my question

“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

2besee
    Participant

Does that answer the question?

2besee
    Participant

“6 See that you are not alarmed, for this must take place, but the end is not yet. 7 For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be famines and earthquakes in various places. 8 All these are but the beginning of the birth pains.

4 And this gospel of the kingdom will be proclaimed throughout the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.”

2besee
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ June 30 2013,06:52)

2besee,

Hi Kerwin,

2besee,

I believe Logos is also said to be the things of God the Spirit reveals.

In the beginning God was in the light and God was the light.  How many God's are there?

Quote:  
    Logos – Longer definition: The Greek word logos (traditionally meaning word, thought, principle, or speech) has been used among both philosophers and theologians. In most of its usages, logos is marked by two main distinctions – the first dealing with human reason (the rationality in the human mind which seeks to attain universal understanding and harmony), the second with universal intelligence (the universal ruling force governing and revealing through the cosmos to humankind, i.e., the Divine)

source:http://www.pbs.org/faithandreason/theogloss/logos-body.html

But I am sure more can be found.

2besee
    Participant

In the beginning God was in the light and God was the light. How many God's are there?

Kerwin,
    One.

Viewing 20 posts - 13,061 through 13,080 (of 25,926 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account