JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 11,741 through 11,760 (of 25,907 total)
  • Author
    jammin
    Participant

Quote (abe @ Jan. 13 2013,18:58)

Quote (jammin @ Jan. 12 2013,22:54)

Quote (Ed J @ Jan. 12 2013,10:02)

Quote (jammin @ Jan. 11 2013,19:33)

Quote (abe @ Jan. 11 2013,15:33)
    Hi Jammin,

Nu.23:19     God is not a man that He should lie, nor a son of man, that He should repent. Has He said, and will he not do it? Or has He spoken, and will he not make it good?

Peace….

abe,

did that verse say that God will not become human?
    yes or no?

Hi Jammin,

No he didn't

thanks for that answer..
    good boy

Hi Jammin,

Do you believe that there are three persons in one God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Although analogies exist in the created world, it remains a mystery?

Peace….

a true christian knows his God well.

the bible said that the father is God
    the son is like his father. he is God

jammin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Jan. 14 2013,02:27)

Quote (jammin @ Jan. 13 2013,01:04)
    do not make any conclusions mike. read the context well

Read the context of my last post to you well, jammin.  And then answer the question:  Why do you only agree with some of the words of your Lord and Savior?

i have no problem with the words of my Lord and savior mike.
    you are just the only one confused LOL

btw try to learn how to read the context. it will help you a lot

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Jammin,

Quote (jammin @ Jan. 13 2013,17:54)

abe,

yes or no?

Hi Jammin,

No he didn't

thanks for that answer..
    good boy

No Problem

Now will you address this point:

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Jan. 13 2013,03:02)

Quote (Ed J @ Jan. 11 2013,17:02)
    God did certainly say:
    “I the LORD, I change not”  (Mal 3:6)

Yet Jesus DID change, right jammin?

He changed from “in the form of God” to “made in the likeness of a human being”.  Then he changed from “alive” to “dead”.  Then he changed from “dead” to “alive”.  And from “flesh” to “spirit”.

That's sure a lot of changing for a “God” who said He doesn't change.

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

jammin
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Jan. 14 2013,14:07)
    Hi Jammin,

Quote (jammin @ Jan. 13 2013,17:54)

abe,

yes or no?

Hi Jammin,

No he didn't

thanks for that answer..
    good boy

No Problem

Now will you address this point:

God did certainly say:

He changed from “in the form of God” to “made in the likeness of a human being”.  Then he changed from “alive” to “dead”.  Then he changed from “dead” to “alive”.  And from “flesh” to “spirit”.

God bless

LOL

are you blind too eddy boy?? well i know you are a member of a blind mice LOL

i already discussed that verse with mike. try to read my previous post

btw, wear eyeglasses when reading.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Jan. 13 2013,18:04)

God did certainly say:

do you understand the context of mal 3.6?

LOL

do not make any conclusions mike. read the context well. LOL

im laughing bec you do not how to read the context LOL

the verse talks about the mercy of GOD to ThESE people!

let me post the verse
    Breaking Covenant by Withholding Tithes

6 “I the Lord do not change. So you, the descendants of Jacob, are not destroyed. 7 Ever since the time of your ancestors you have turned away from my decrees and have not kept them. Return to me, and I will return to you,” says the Lord Almighty.

do you see that??? GOD SAID, SO YOU, THE DESCENDANTS OF JACOB, ARE NOT DESTROYED!
    GO ALSO SAID, RETURN TO ME AND I WILL RETURN TO YOU!

COMMENTARY ALSO SUPPORTS MY VIEW

Clarke's Commentary on the Bible

I am the Lord, I change not – The new dispensation of grace and goodness, which is now about to be introduced, is not the effect of any change in my counsels; it is, on the contrary, the fulfillment of my everlasting purposes; as is also the throwing aside of the Mosaic ritual, which was only intended to introduce the great and glorious Gospel of my Son.

And because of this ancient covenant, ye Jews are not totally consumed; but ye are now, and shall be still, preserved as a distinct people – monuments both of my justice and mercy.

Geneva Study Bible

For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob {f} are not consumed.

(f) They murmured against God, because they did not see his help which was ever present to defend them: and therefore he accuses them of ingratitude, and shows that in that they are not daily consumed, it is a sign that he still defends them, and so his mercy towards them never changes.

Hi Jammin,

So are you suggesting that “I Change Not” really means I don't change my mind?

God bless

mikeboll64
    Blocked

jammin? Is that what you believe is meant in Malachi 3:6?

It's funny how all the Trinitarian early church fathers like to point out that God is immutable (never-changing). Do you agree with them, jammin?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (jammin @ Jan. 13 2013,20:28)

Well,

Your Lord and savior told us that our one heavenly Father was also his one heavenly Father. With this part, you agree, right?

But in the same sentence, your Lord and savior told us that our one God was also his one God. Why don't you agree with that part of what he said?

abe
    Participant

Hi Jammin,

Nu.23:19     God is not a man that He should lie, nor a son of man, that He should repent. Has He said, and will he not do it? Or has He spoken, and will he not make it good?

Peace….

abe,

yes or no?

Hi Jammin,

No he didn't

thanks for that answer..
    good boy

Hi Jammin,

Yes, God will not become human. God cannot lie.

Peace.

jammin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Jan. 15 2013,11:51)

Well,

Your Lord and savior told us that our one heavenly Father was also his one heavenly Father.  With this part, you agree, right?

But in the same sentence, your Lord and savior told us that our one God was also his one God.  Why don't you agree with that part of what he said?

what is the problem with that boy?

the father also told to his son, he is God.
    heb 1.8

im sure you dont agree with that.
    but that is the truth of the bible

yes. the son called his father God. but the father also called his son as God.

jammin
    Participant

Quote (abe @ Jan. 15 2013,12:55)

Hi Jammin,

Peace….

abe,

yes or no?

Hi Jammin,

No he didn't

thanks for that answer..
    good boy

Hi Jammin,

Yes, God will not become human. God cannot lie.

Peace.

i cant read your imagination in the book of numbers.

make your own version boy to support your illusion

jammin
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Jan. 14 2013,19:33)

God did certainly say:

LOL

let me post the verse

6 “I the Lord do not change. So you, the descendants of Jacob, are not destroyed. 7 Ever since the time of your ancestors you have turned away from my decrees and have not kept them. Return to me, and I will return to you,” says the Lord Almighty.

do you see that??? GOD SAID, SO YOU, THE DESCENDANTS OF JACOB, ARE NOT DESTROYED!

I am the Lord, I change not – The new dispensation of grace and goodness, which is now about to be introduced, is not the effect of any change in my counsels; it is, on the contrary, the fulfillment of my everlasting purposes; as is also the throwing aside of the Mosaic ritual, which was only intended to introduce the great and glorious Gospel of my Son.

And because of this ancient covenant, ye Jews are not totally consumed; but ye are now, and shall be still, preserved as a distinct people – monuments both of my justice and mercy.

Geneva Study Bible

For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob {f} are not consumed.

(f) They murmured against God, because they did not see his help which was ever present to defend them: and therefore he accuses them of ingratitude, and shows that in that they are not daily consumed, it is a sign that he still defends them, and so his mercy towards them never changes.

Hi Jammin,

God bless

cant you read my answer to mike?
    wear eyeglasses.

before you ask me, read my post first

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Jan. 15 2013,11:52)

Well,

Your Lord and savior told us that our one heavenly Father was also his one heavenly Father.  With this part, you agree, right?

But in the same sentence, your Lord and savior told us that our one God was also his one God.  Why don't you agree with that part of what he said?

heb 1.8

Jammin,

Paul is quoting from a wedding psalms. Each and every one of the children of the most high are gods; even though they are also human.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Jan. 15 2013,16:54)

God did certainly say:

LOL

let me post the verse

Geneva Study Bible

Hi Jammin,

God bless
    Ed J

wear eyeglasses.

Hi Jammin,

I'm sorry, what I meant was:   (I need a proof reader more than glasses)
    Are you suggesting that “I Change Not” exclusively means I don't change my mind?    (<– please answer)

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Jammin,

You hold the “control button” down and WHILE using the
    “scroll feature” (on the mouse) you can enlarge the screen.

God bless

jammin
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Jan. 15 2013,17:17)

Quote (jammin @ Jan. 15 2013,16:54)

God did certainly say:

LOL

let me post the verse

Geneva Study Bible

Hi Jammin,

God bless
    Ed J

wear eyeglasses.

Hi Jammin,

I'm sorry, what I meant was:   (I need a proof reader more than glasses)
    Are you suggesting that “I Change Not” exclusively means I don't change my mind?    (<– please answer)

God bless

i know you do not know how to read the context of the bible.

so ill post again my answer

Geneva Study Bible

that is mal3.6

that is my answer to your question.

read the verse well

NEXT TIME BEFORE YOU GIVE A VERSE , MAKE SURE THAT YOU FULLY UNDERSTAND IT. I KNOW YOU DID THE SAME THING LIKE IN JOHN 1.1 AND OTHER VERSES. YOU PUT YOUR IMAGINATION IN JOHN 1.1 BUT THE BIBLE DOES NOT SUPPORT YOUR IMAGINATION LOL

make your own version boy LOL
    ]

jammin
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Jan. 15 2013,17:09)

Well,

heb 1.8

Jammin,

Paul is quoting from a wedding psalms. Each and every one of the children of the most high are gods; even though they are also human.

God said that to his son. do you believe that?
    the son made the heaven and the earth.
    that is why john said in john1.3 that all things were made thru HIM
    heb 1
    10 He also says,

“In the beginning, Lord, you laid the foundations of the earth,
    and the heavens are the work of your hands.

John 1:3

New International Version (NIV)

3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Jan. 15 2013,19:37)

Quote (Ed J @ Jan. 15 2013,17:17)

Hi Jammin,

Are you suggesting that “I Change Not”
    exclusively means I don't change my mind?
      (Yes  or  No)

God bless
    Ed J

i know you do not know how to read the context of the bible.

Hi Jammin,

Now that we established what my question really is.
    And now that you're through with giving me a speech…     WILL YOU ANSWER MY QUESTION?

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Please: no more speeches.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Jan. 15 2013,14:45)

Quote (kerwin @ Jan. 15 2013,17:09)

Well,

heb 1.8

Jammin,

God said that to his son. do you believe that?
    the son made the heaven and the earth.
    that is why john said in john1.3 that all things were made thru HIM
    heb 1
    10 He also says,

“In the beginning, Lord, you laid the foundations of the earth,
       and the heavens are the work of your hands.

John 1:3

New International Version (NIV)

3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.

Jammin,

Jesus is the archetype of the sons of the most high.  There are suns and there is the Sun.  There are sons and there is the Son.  There are gods and there is the God.  The God I am speaking of is not Jehovah but rather he is the archetype of the gods.  That is how language works.  

The writer quotes from a wedding song that is sung to the singer's king as his bride.  It even states that the king has a God. It is Psalms 45.

John 1:3 is teaching us that by the Word of God all things were made and without the Word nothing was made.  God said and it was.

Hebrews 1:10-12 is a quote from Psalms 102 that is speaking of Jehovah but is true of Jesus as well.   It is an interpretation technique used among a portion of the Jews but not employed by many of any nation today.  Mathew 2:15 uses the same method to apply Hosea 11:1 to Jesus because it is true of Jesus despite the fact that Hosea 11:1 is literally speaking of the tribes of Israel.

None of this supports your hypothesis that Jehovah changed and was able to be tempted by evil.

You are doing better on you choice of translations.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (jammin @ Jan. 14 2013,23:52)

You're missing the point again, jammin.  (Perhaps on purpose?)

The Son said that the Father was his God and our God.

1.  How many Gods do you suppose the Son has, jammin?  ONE

2.  And who is that one God, jammin?  The Father

3.  And how many Gods do we have, jammin?  ONE

4.  And who is that one God, jammin?  The Father

5.  In other words then, our one and only God is the very same one and only God Jesus has – just like Jesus himself told us?  YES, Mike

(I took the liberty of answering for you, since you won't ever directly answer those questions.)

jammin, which of my answers above, if any, are scripturally incorrect?

Viewing 20 posts - 11,741 through 11,760 (of 25,907 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account