JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 10,901 through 10,920 (of 25,908 total)
  • Author
    terraricca
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Oct. 15 2012,18:08)

Quote (Lightenup @ Oct. 15 2012,06:59)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Oct. 14 2012,12:56)

Quote (kerwin @ Oct. 13 2012,16:31)
    Jesus already stated that Jehovah is his God and Father as well as being his disciples, John 20:17, so why would that teaching be contradicted by Philippians 2:6?

Kathi?

Do you think Paul was saying that Jesus was existing in the form of some other God than his own God?  If so, which God would that be?

Or do you contend that Paul taught Jesus was existing in the form of the SPECIES known to him as “God”?

Mike,
    I think Paul is not using the word 'God' in vs. 6 as a name but as a description of a nature. In vs. 9 he uses it as a name of a particular person, God the Father and there is the article 'the/ho' with God/theos.

Philippians 2:1  If you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any fellowship with the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, 2then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and purpose. 3Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. 4Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others.

5Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus:

6Who, being in very nature God,

did not consider equality with God something to be grasped,

7but made himself nothing,

taking the very nature of a servant,

being made in human likeness.

8And being found in appearance as a man,

he humbled himself

and became obedient to death—

even death on a cross!

9Therefore God exalted him to the highest place

and gave him the name that is above every name,

In the passage we see an emphasis on having humility, seeing others as better than ourselves, i.e. we are not above others that we can't serve others.

You asked if Paul was speaking of a species known as 'God' but I don't think so because there is no species known as 'servant' which is used in a parallel sort of way.

See the comparison between what Jesus is and what He added to Himself:
    “being in very nature God,” vs. “taking the very nature of a servant.”

The gist of the passage is that one who exists with a nature that should be served, took on the nature of one who serves because of love and humility and unity. We are to have that attitude in ourselves; i.e. never think more highly of ourselves that we can't serve others.

To do this, He came fashioned as a man which talks about structure. He came as a man with a servant's heart, in humility.

nice post sis :)

we know mike cant read his illusion FORM OF HIS GOD in phil 2.6

it only proves that this guy is a false teacher

keep it up sis :)

yeah you and kathi would make a great couple ,you are thinking and believing the same illusions ,

preaching your dreams ,and wishes :D

Lightenup
    Participant

Thanks jammin,
    So Pierre thinks we make a great couple, ha, how about that! A couple of Christians :)

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Oct. 14 2012,18:12)
    KATHI

There is no perfect unity in pagan gods.

why not ???

If they were in perfect unity they would not be pagan gods. They would be the Father and Son!

carmel
    Participant

mikeboll64,Oct. wrote:

[/quote]

All things were created by God alone…………… THROUGH His holy Servant Jesus Christ.

Mike,

PERFECT:

YOU HAVE JUST ADMITTED THAT JESUS IS GOD.

ALL THINGS WERE CREATED BY GOD ALONE!!!

FOR A START WHAT IS GOD???

WHAT IS THE WORD ALONE STANDS FOR,SINCE WE DON'T HAVE A GLIMPSE OF WHAT GOD IS???

THEN YOU ADMIT:

THROUGH JESUS CHRIST!!!

SO NOT ALONE!!!

OR SINCE THERE'S THE WORD “ALONE” AND ALSO “THROUGH JESUS CHRIST” IT IS A PROOF THAT JESUS IS ALSO GOD!!!

SO THE FATHER GOD'S SPIRIT,THROUGH THE HOLY SPIRIT WAS ALL THE TIME IN JESUS GOD'S SPIRIT CREATING ALL!!!

GOD THE FATHER COULD NOT ACHIEVE WHAT HE ACHIEVED WITHOUT HIS SON,AND VICE VERSA.

THAT'S WHY:

GLORIFY YOUR SON SO YOUR SON GLORIFY YOU!!!

UNLESS THE FATHER GLORIFIES THE SON, HE HIMSELF WOULD NOT BE GLORIFIED!!!

YOU SEE ME YOU SEE THE FATHER!!!

UNLESS WE SEE THE SON WE DON'T SEE THE FATHER!!!

I AND THE FATHER ARE ONE!!!

I WILL SHOW YOU PLAINLY THE FATHER!!!

ALL THINGS MY FATHER HAS ARE MINE!!!

ALL YOURS ARE MINE!!!

I WILL RAISE IT ( REFERING TO THE DEAD BODY)UP IN THREE DAYS!!!

HE NEVER SAID I WILL RAISE MYSELF UP!!!

THEY EITHER BE BOTH OR NOTHING.

GOD CONFIRMED IN THE OT THAT HE IS USELESS IN THIS EVIL MATERIAL WORLD OF SATAN WITHOUT JESUS CHRIST.

Jeremiah: 32:41And I will rejoice over them, when I shall do them good: and I will plant them in this land in truth,

THROUGH JESUS BODY AS MAN THE ONLY TRUE VISIBLE GOD

with my whole heart, JESUS' and with all my soul. JESUS'

NOTICE:

HE SAID:

I WILL DO THEM SO AND SO!!!

WHY DIDN'T HE DO WHAT HE MENTIONED THERE AND THEN, BUT HAD TO WAIT FOR HIS SON TO BE BORN???

OBVIOUS:

BECAUSE HE NEVER HAD A SOUL, A HEART, AND A FLESH BODY YET, HE WAS ONLY A SPIRIT.

HE HAD TO BECOME MAN YET IN JESUS CHRIST.

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

jammin
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Oct. 15 2012,15:18)
    Thanks jammin,
    So Pierre thinks we make a great couple, ha, how about that! A couple of Christians :)

praise GOD!

false teachers cant win the battle. true GOSPEL still prevails

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Oct. 15 2012,18:06)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Oct. 14 2012,06:18)

Quote (jammin @ Oct. 13 2012,02:12)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Oct. 13 2012,10:42)

Quote (Lightenup @ Oct. 07 2012,15:55)
    Hi Charles,
    I asked Mike how many 'theos' are to be known, believed in, served, honored, and praised in order to have eternal salvation.

Hey Charles and jammin……………………….

When are you guys going to answer Kathi's question with a NUMERICAL answer?

HOW MANY?

there is ONE GOD THE FATHER

there is one GOD THE ONLY SON!

that is the answer mike. we told you about this a long long time ago

Well jammin,

One plus one equals TWO, right?  So are you saying we have TWO Almighty Gods?  YES or NO?

TWO persons
    but one in nature, GOD.

just like you and your father. you are TWO in numbers but one in nature, HUMAN.

that is what the bible says

not TWO almighty GODS because almighty is the nature of GOD>
    if you are God, you are almighty mike.
    if you are HUMAN, you are not almighty bec that is your nature. you and your father are not almighty by nature.

let me post the bible
    John 1:1

New International Version (NIV)
    The Word Became Flesh

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Philippians 2:6

New International Version (NIV)

6 Who, being in very nature[a] God,
       did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;

TWO persons
    but one in nature, GOD.

8 BILLION PEOPLE OF HUMAN NATURE ALL ONE.IN THAT NATURE

jammin
    Participant

yes T

you are all ONE IN NATURE, HUMAN NATURE.

believe it or not. the father has a son and the son has the same nature of his father, God.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Oct. 16 2012,05:36)
    yes T

you are all ONE IN NATURE, HUMAN NATURE.

believe it or not. the father has a son and the son has the same nature of his father, God.

j

BUT the 9 billion are NOT ME ,we are all different people with our own abilities and what not ,,

Lightenup
    Participant

Pierre,
    jammin is not saying that the two who are both God natured are only one person. One is not the other. The Father is not the Son and visa versa.  

Also, regarding the Jews and Gentiles that are believers, they make up ONE new man (singular), neither Jew nor Gentile.

Eph 2:14For he himself is our peace, who has made the two one and has destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility, 15by abolishing in his flesh the law with its commandments and regulations. His purpose was to create in himself one new man out of the two, thus making peace, 16and in this one body to reconcile both of them to God through the cross, by which he put to death their hostility. 17He came and preached peace to you who were far away and peace to those who were near. 18For through him we both have access to the Father by one Spirit.

So mankind is one in human nature and believers are one in Him (Jesus) as one new man. The idea of unity abounds through scripture where more than one is together as one.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Oct. 16 2012,07:27)
    Pierre,
    jammin is not saying that the two who are both God natured are only one person. One is not the other. The Father is not the Son and visa versa.  

Also, regarding the Jews and Gentiles that are believers, they make up ONE new man (singular), neither Jew nor Gentile.

Eph 2:14For he himself is our peace, who has made the two one and has destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility, 15by abolishing in his flesh the law with its commandments and regulations. His purpose was to create in himself one new man out of the two, thus making peace, 16and in this one body to reconcile both of them to God through the cross, by which he put to death their hostility. 17He came and preached peace to you who were far away and peace to those who were near. 18For through him we both have access to the Father by one Spirit.

So mankind is one in human nature and believers are one in Him (Jesus) as one new man. The idea of unity abounds through scripture where more than one is together as one.

Kathi

this is good and agree with

jammin
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Oct. 16 2012,12:27)
    Pierre,

i agree sis kathi :)
    nice post
    praise GOD!

limjunus
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Oct. 16 2012,13:11)

Pierre,

Kathi

14For He Himself is our peace, who has made both one, and has broken down the middle wall of separation, 15having abolished in His flesh the enmity, that is, the law of commandments contained in ordinances, so as to create in Himself one new man from the two, thus making peace, 16and that He might reconcile them both to God in one body through the cross, thereby putting to death the enmity.

The law of commandments contained in ordinances is, “to punish the guilty and spare the clean one.

In creating “one new man” is to follow the law. One new man is compose of one head and a body.

The head of the body is Christ, and the body are the believers of Christ. (Col. 1;18 / 1 Cor. 12:27/ Eph. 5:23).

And it is the will of God. to have reconciliation between men and God, there must be a redeemer and the redeemer should be with relation to the sinners. For being the head of his body, he shall be the one responsible to the sins of his body, the church. The head, even though he is a sinless man, could be considered a sinner because of his body.

That's then essence of the church which head is Christ.

The two have a good reasons and has a justification to make them as one from two.

But the only true God, shall be remained One forever and there is no good reasons and has no justification from the Holy Scriptures to make the only true God, has tow components but remaining as only one.

The only true God, from no beginning to no end shall be remained only one true God, and has no two components.

The Bible did not said that the word “GOD” is nature or specie.

The word “nature” with Phil. 2:6 meant, “attribute”

The word “nature” in dictionary has many definitions and meaning.

limjunus
    Participant

World English Dictionary
    nature (ˈneɪtʃə)

— n
    1.the fundamental qualities of a person or thing; identity or essential character
    2.( often capital, esp when personified ) the whole system of the existence, arrangement, forces, and events of all physical life that are not controlled by man
    3.all natural phenomena and plant and animal life, as distinct from man and his creations
    4.a wild primitive state untouched by man or civilization
    5.natural unspoilt scenery or countryside
    6.disposition or temperament
    7.tendencies, desires, or instincts governing behaviour
    8.the normal biological needs or urges of the body
    9.sort; kind; character
    10.the real appearance of a person or thing: a painting very true to nature
    11.accepted standards of basic morality or behaviour
    12.biology Compare nurture the complement of genetic material that partly determines the structure of an organism; genotype
    13.( Irish ) sympathy and fondness for one's own people or native place: she is full of nature
    14.against nature unnatural or immoral
    15.by nature essentially or innately
    16.informal , euphemistic , jocular or call of nature the need to urinate or defecate
    17.from nature using natural models in drawing, painting, etc
    18.in the nature of , of the nature of essentially the same as; by way of

[C13: via Old French from Latin nātūra, from nātus, past participle of nascī to be born]

limjunus
    Participant

World English Dictionary
    nature (ˈneɪtʃə)

— n
    1.the fundamental qualities of the only true God.

As per the Holy Scriptures (Bible): From no beginning to no end, Almighty, invisible, immortal, holy, spirit, no flesh and bones, Father of all, light, Sun, Love, Merciful, Creator, Savior, Lord, King, Powerful, Only One, not man, God is not praying, tireless, sleepless, did not thirst and etc., etc.,

carmel
    Participant

limjunus,Oct. wrote:

[/quote]

, no flesh and bones,  

Limjunus,

Wrong!!

Before Jesus time God had no flesh and bones.

Through Jesus He had all the ATTRIBUTES OF HUMAN NATURE.

When Jesus died in that Body, God experienced death through Jesus Christ.HE FELT WHAT JESUS FELT SINCE HE WAS A DEVINE HUMAN ,MAN GOD THROUGH THE HOLY SPIRIT.

I repeat :

God COULDN'T,AND  DIDN'T DIE, BUT THROUGH JESUS,HE, FOR THE FIRST EVER TIME, EXPERIENCED DEATH IN ORDER TO FEEL WHAT ALL HUMANS FELT JUST BEFORE WERE TAKEN BY SATAN TO HELL.

SATAN HAD THIS AND KNEW ABOUT THIS SINCE HE WAS THE POWER OF DEATH.

GOD, ALTHOUGH HE WAS AWARE OF IT, NEVER HAD AND DIDN'T KNOW WHAT HUMAN FELT SINCE HE IS THE POWER OF LIFE AND LOVE!!!!

JOHN 16:14 He shall glorify me:

for HE SHALL RECEIVE OF MINE ,

SO GOD RECEIVED ALL HUMAN ATTRIBUTES THROUGH JESUS CHRIST

and shall shew it unto you.

15All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

AGAIN AN EMPHASIS BY JESUS:

ALL THINGS THE FATHER HAS ARE MINE: THEREFOR SAID I THAT HE SHALL TAKE OF MINE HUMAN ATTRIBUTES THINGS WHICH THE FATHER NEVER HAD BEFORE!!!

AGAIN AN EMPHASIS BY JESUS EXACTLY IN THE FOLLOWING CHAPTER:

John 17: 10 And all mine are thine,

ALL MINE HUMAN ATTRIBUTES ARE YOURS,

and thine are mine; and I am glorified in them.

AND YOURS GOD'S ATTRIBUTES ARE MINE; AND I AM GLORIFIED IN THEM.

NOW REFLECT ON THE FIRST VERSE :

These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come;

glorify thy Son, :

GLORIFY YOUR SON:

HOW???

OBVIOUS BECAUSE JESUS THROUGH RESURRECTION BECAME ETERNALLY UNITED AS ONE WITH THE FATHER THROUGH THE HOLY SPIRIT AS THE ONLY THROUGH GOD, AND JESUS CHRIST.

BOTH FLESH AND SPIRIT, THE ONLY MYSTICAL BODY IN HEAVEN.

that thy Son also may glorify thee

HOW THE SON ALSO MAY GLORIFY THE FATHER???

OBVIOUS:

BECAUSE THE FATHER FOR THE FIRST EVER TIME, THROUGH THE  RESURRECTION OF JESUS CHRIST,BECAME ETERNALLY UNITED AS ONE WITH HIS SON THROUGH THE HOLY SPIRIT AS THE ONLY THROUGH GOD, AND JESUS CHRIST.

BOTH FLESH AND SPIRIT, THE ONLY MYSTICAL BODY IN HEAVEN.

AND ON THE LAST DAY THE SON WILL GIVE ALL TO THE FATHER TO BE ALL IN ALL FOR EVER AND EVER.

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

jammin
    Participant

limjunus,

do not read pasugo.
    read your bible

terraricca
    Participant

limj

The law of commandments contained in ordinances is, “to punish the guilty and spare the clean one.

In creating “one new man” is to follow the law. One new man is compose of one head and a body.

this i agree with ,and God also made it possible for those who are condenmed by sin can free themself

carmel
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Oct. 14 2012,05:28)

Do you understand that it makes no sense to say “God was in God”? Do you understand that for God to be in someone, that someone has to be someone OTHER THAN God?

Mike,
    YOU ALSO ASKED:

How is it that you can speak such scriptural truth, but then turn around and claim that Jesus WAS the very God who was IN him? ???

Now:
    Do you agree then that THE SPIRIT OF GOD WAS IN JESUS’ SOUL???

Peace and Love in Jesus
    Charles

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Oct. 15 2012,21:11)

Pierre,

Kathi

Pierre,
    That's nice to agree on something :;):

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Oct. 15 2012,23:42)

Quote (Lightenup @ Oct. 16 2012,12:27)
    Pierre,

i agree sis kathi :)
    nice post
    praise GOD!

Thanks jammin…yes praise God!

Viewing 20 posts - 10,901 through 10,920 (of 25,908 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account