JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 10,381 through 10,400 (of 25,909 total)
  • Author
    limjunus
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Sep. 19 2012,16:36)

Quote (jammin @ Sep. 19 2012,00:32)
    nice job sis kathi :)

limjunus is really a false teacher.

let me post the greek of john 1.18
    18 θεον ουδεις εωρακεν πωποτε μονογενης θεος

tsk tsk…this limjunus is really a false teacher. LOL

Yes Jammin…it says only begotten God in the Greek. That is a truth that can set many here free.

Lightenup and Jammin,

Accusing me as a false teacher, because I am posting that Jesus Christ is the begotten Son of God.

You are accusing the apostle John and not me, kiddie boy and kiddie girl.

Her is the verse and read it nicely.

“He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. John 3:18

Lightenup post: “the begotten God” instead the truth. Here is the truth:

“No one has seen God at any time. The only begotten Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, He has declared Him John 1:18 NKJV.

Now, who is the false teacher/s?

Ho Ho Ho :D

carmel
    Participant

John 17:3 Now this is eternal life: That they may know thee, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

Limjunus,

EXPLAIN,

WHY NOW, and HOW :

THAT THEY MAY KNOW YOU (FATHER)AS THE ONLY TRUE GOD???

ISN'T IT OBVIOUS THAT BEFORE JESUS CAME, ALTHOUGH GOD EXISTED THEY NEVER KNEW HIM AS THE ONLY TRUE GOD???

SO ISN'T IT OBVIOUS THAT THROUGH JESUS CHRIST THAT THEY MAY KNOW THAT THE FATHER IS THE ONLY TRUE GOD???

WHY THE HELL DID HE SEND HIM???

DIDN'T HE SEND HIM TO REVEAL THE TRUTH WHO'S GOD AND WHO ISN'T???

IT ISN'T OBVIOUS THAT SATAN WAS PROCLAIMING THAT HE WAS THE god OF THE WORLD, READ AGAIN ALL THE OT. IT IS ALL THERE IN BLACK AND WHITE, HE WAS MURDERRING ALL THE TIME AS god OF THE WORLD WITH THE EXCUSE OF JUSTICE, SINCE HUMANS WERE BEING MANIPULATED BY HIM TO COMMIT EVIL DEEDS, AND THEN KILLS THEM TO JUSTIFY HIMSELF AND  GRAB SOULS ALL THE TIME.

THAT WAS THE JUSTICE THAT JESUS REFERRED TO BEFORE BEING BAPTIZED BY JOHN!

SO WITHOUT JESUS CHRIST THERE COULD NEVER BE IN THE TRUTH THAT THE FATHER IS THE TRUE GOD!!

SO THAT THEY MAY KNOW YOU THE ONLY TRUE GOD ,AND JESUS CHRIST, THE ONE THAT YOU HAVE SENT, purposely to establish the only true GOD in JESUS CHRIST AS BOTH SPIRIT AND FLESH, SINCE AS SPIRIT WAS USELESS!!

IN THAT REGARD

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

limjunus
    Participant

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ Sep. 19 2012,05:17)

Quote (limjunus @ Sep. 18 2012,16:48)

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ Sep. 18 2012,11:09)

Quote (limjunus @ Sep. 17 2012,15:28)

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ Sep. 17 2012,08:21)

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ Sep. 17 2012,08:09)

Quote (limjunus @ Sep. 16 2012,20:45)

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ Sep. 16 2012,11:06)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Sep. 16 2012,10:50)

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ Sep. 15 2012,17:41)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Sep. 16 2012,09:27)

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ Sep. 15 2012,16:10)
    So, you believe that you and your servants of YOUR “God” are also each “a god”?

Frank,

Do you DENY the scriptures in which many of Jehovah's servants are called gods?   ???

Do you think I made those scriptures up, Frank?  :)

mikebull s'64,

What it is that I deny is your perversion of Scripture!

Good.  Then you accept this actual scripture:

Exodus 21:6 NET ©
    then his master must bring him to the judges, and he will bring him to the door or the doorposts, and his master will pierce his ear with an awl, and he shall serve him forever

The word translated as “the judges” is really “the gods”, Frank.  These gods were servants of Jehovah, and judges of His people on His behalf.

Will you call them “false gods” – even though they acted as representatives of the Almighty God?   ???

See Frank, it is not that I “pervert” the scriptures.  It's more a matter of you just not knowing them all that well.

mikebull s'64,

Again, I deny your perversion of Scripture! :laugh:

Be aware that the word “God” is of pagan origin!

From the Encyclopedia Americana, 1945 Edition:

“GOD (god, gawd): Common Teutonic word for personal object of religious worship, formerly applicable to super-human beings of heathen myth; on conversion of Teutonic races to Christianity, term was applied to Supreme Being, and to Persons of Trinity 6-38a; 13-58a; Bible 3-174a; Jesus Christ 8-206b; mythology 10-362b; Spinoza's philosophy 12-165a.”

Also see:

BAAL God
    LORD God (The)

WHO IS THE WORD?
    John Chapter One

ELOHIM: ONE, OR MORE THAN ONE?
    Exodus 32
    By Voy Wilks
    3/9/98

The Pre-existence
    Philippians 2:5-11
    By Voy Wilks
    1/29/92

Did Yahshua Create Or Pre-exist His Birth?

“Jesus IS God!”?

GOD, origin from pagan? Allah origin from Islam. But the importance is the meaning.

What is the meaning of the word “GOD”?

limjunus,

Actually the word “God” (Gad – pronounced gawd) means 'fortune, good fortune' and is translated in the KJV as 'that troop' and in no way means “Mighty One' in relation to Father Yahweh. You will see this more properly translated in the World English Bible:

“But you who forsake Yahweh, who forget My [set apart] mountain, who prepare a table for Fortune, and who fill up mixed wine to Destiny; I will destine you to the sword, and you shall all bow down to the slaughter; because when I called, you did not answer; when I spoke, you did not hear; but you did that which was evil in my eyes, and chose that in which I didn't delight.”
    SOURCE (See: World English Bible translation).

According to Encyclopaedia Britannica, G-D is the common Teutonic word for a personal object of religious worship, applied to all the superhuman beings of the heathen mythologies. The word “g-d” on the conversion of the Teutonic races to Christianity was adopted as the name of the One Supreme Being. Encyclopedia of Religion and Ethics and Webster's Twentieth Century Dictionary, Unabridged agree that the origin is Teutonic paganism.

Now, note what Isayah 65:11-12 says:

11. You are those who forsake YAHWEH (the Biblical Hebrew Creator) who forget My special mountain, who prepare a table for Gawd (G-d the Canaanite idol *El), and who furnish a drink offering for MENI (G-d’s wife),

12. Therefore, I will count you for the sword and you will all bow down for the slaughter because when I called, you did not answer, when I spoke, you did not hear, but you did evil in My sight, and chose that which displeases Me.

*NOTE: Baal is the son of El (Eloah, or the plural Elohim).

Now, note what the Jewish Virtual Librar
    y
    says on “Baal Worship”:

“The word baʿl, common Semitic for “owner, master, husband,” became the usual designation of the great weather-god of the Western Semites.”
    SOURCE

Now compare this to what Scripture teaches concerning this deity:

When that time comes,” says Yahweh, “you will call me 'my husband' instead of 'my master.' I will remove the names of the **Baals from her lips; no longer will their names be invoked (Hoseyah 2:16-17).

**NOTE: The English translation for the word 'Baal' is “my LORD”:

Word Origin & History

Baal
    “The name of many deities of the Semitic peoples” [Klein], late 14c., Biblical use is from Heb. Ba'al, lit. “owner, master, LORD,” from ba'al “he took possession of,” also “he married;” related to Akkad. Belu (source of Heb. Bel), name of Marduk. Also related to the first element in
    Beelzebub. Used figuratively for any “false god.” – Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper  (Emphasis of bold capitalization mine.)

1. any of numerous local deities among the ancient Semitic peoples, typifying the productive forces of nature and worshiped with much sensuality. …

World English Dictionary:

1. any of several ancient Semitic fertility gods
    2. Phoenician myth  the sun god and supreme national deity …

Bible Dictionary:

Baal definition

LORD. (1.) The name appropriated to the principal male god of the Phoenicians. It is found in several places in the plural BAALIM (Judg. 2:11; 10:10; 1 Kings 18:18; Jer. 2:23; Hos. 2:17). Baal is identified with Molech (Jer. 19:5). It was known to the Israelites as Baal-peor (Num. 25:3; Deut. 4:3), was worshipped till the time of Samuel (1 Sam 7:4), and was afterwards the religion of the ten tribes in the time of Ahab (1 Kings 16:31-33; 18:19, 22). It prevailed also for a time in the kingdom of Judah (2 Kings 8:27; comp. 11:18; 16:3; 2 Chr. 28:2), till finally put an end to by the severe discipline of the Captivity (Zeph. 1:4-6). The priests of Baal were in great numbers (1 Kings 18:19), and of various classes (2 Kings 10:19). Their mode of offering sacrifices is described in 1 Kings 18:25-29. The sun-god, under the general title of Baal, or “lord,” was the chief object of worship of the Canaanites. Each locality had its special Baal, and the various local Baals were summed up under the name of Baalim, or “lords.” Each Baal had a wife, who was a colourless reflection of himself. (2.) A Benjamite, son of Jehiel, the progenitor of the Gibeonites (1 Chr. 8:30; 9:36). (3.) The name of a place inhabited by the Simeonites, the same probably as Baal-ath-beer (1 Chr. 4:33; Josh. 19:8). – Easton's 1897 Bible Dictionary [Emphasis of bold capitalization mine.]
    SOURCE

You will note that in most translations that our Heavenly Father and Creator's Name “YaHWeH” (or YeHoWaH) was SUBSTITUTED with the INFERIOR names/titles “the LORD” and “GOD” designated with all capital letters. This practice was in following with the Jewish scribes (copyist) in SUBSTITUTING His Name with the INFERIOR pagan/names/titles Adon (or plural 'Adonai) and El, Eloah {cf. Allah} (or plural 'Elohim').

The Jews developed a belief of their ***”own understanding” that is not taught in Scripture that they should not use the Name Yahweh that is contrary to what is taught in Scripture that we are to set apart (“hallow {make holy}, sanctify”), revere (“fear”), remember, think upon, wait upon, walk in, trust in, love, seek, declare (proclaim), bless, publish, call upon, sing unto, praise, esteem (“glorify”), make known (“manifest”), and know His Name.
    SOURCE

***NOTE:

Trust in Yahweh with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways ACKNOWLEDGE HIM, and He will make your paths straight (Proverbs 3:5-6).

How long shall this be in the heart of the prophets that prophesy lies, even the prophets of the deceit of their own heart? That think to cause My people to forget My Name (Yahweh) by their dreams which they tell every man to his neighbor, as their fathers forgot My Name (Yahweh) for Baal (God & Lord) – SSBE Jeremiah 23:26-27.

Till when shall it be in the heart of the prophets? – the prophets of falsehood and prophets of the deceit of their own heart, who try to make My people forget My Name (Yahweh) by their dreams which everyone relates to his neighbour, as their fathers forgot My Name (Yahweh) for Ba'al (God & Lord) – SISR Yirmeyahu 23:26-27.

Also see:

BAAL Gad
    LORD God (The)

There is also a clear warning given to us in Scripture that we are not to add unto or take away from Father Yahweh's inspired prophetic word, and this is exactly what has been done especially concerning His Name purely for the “traditions of men” sake. Note that Father Yahweh's Name is recorded in Hebrew Scripture close 7,000 times and has been SUBSTITUTED close to this many times. And to top this off, the translator's of the so-called “New Testament” did not even bother to carry His Name over in their translating, but instead followed in the tradition of the Jews in not publishing His Name in their translating. What does Scripture say concerning the erroneous practice?:

ASCRIBE to Yahweh the esteem due His Name; worship Yahweh in the splendor of His being set apart (Psalm 29:2.

ASCRIBE to Yahweh the esteem due His Name; bring an offering and come into His courts (Psalm 96:8 cf. 1 Chronicles 16:29 .

It is quite obvious to me that the scribes (copyist) and in turn the translators did not follow in Father Yahweh's clear instruction (torah, law, commandment, statute, charge, teaching). In turn it is up to us to restore His Name Yahweh to it's proper stead in the Scripture (Yahweh's prophetic inspired word) that it was removed from to the best of our knowledge. You will also note the clear teaching that there will be a RESTORATION of His Name to a “PURE LANGUAGE” by Father Yahweh Himself in the end time of His return to planet Earth when He will set up His Kingdom and do away with the unrighteous kingdoms and governments “of this world”.

For then will I restore to the people a pure language, that they may all call upon the Name Yahweh, to serve Him with one accord (Zephanyah 3:9.

Also see:

THE NAME YAHWEH

WHO IS THE WORD?
    John Chapter One

Exodus 32
    By Voy Wilks
    3/9/98

The Pre-existence
    By Voy Wilks
    1/29/92

“Jesus IS God!”?

limjunus,

I forgot to give another Scriptural reference to the following note
    in my previous post:

***NOTE:

Trust in Yahweh with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways ACKNOWLEDGE HIM, and He will make your paths straight (Proverbs 3:5-6).

Therefore My people will KNOW My Name; therefore at that time they will KNOW that it is I who foretold it. Yes, it is I” (Isayah 52:6).

Frank,

I have acknowledge Him, I am trusting Him, I am believing with the Father of Jesus Christ, in heaven, the one and only true God

Jesus Christ name is the name of God, given to him.

Note: John 17:11 GOD’S WORD Translation (GW)

“I won’t be in the world much longer, but they are in the world, and I’m coming back to you. Holy Father, keep them safe by the power of your name, the name that you gave me, so that their unity may be like ours.”

:D

limjunus,

Pay very close attention to the context of what is being said in the following passage from what is recorded in the so-called “New Testament” concerning redemption in the name Yahshua and please give this passage serious *STUDY.

But fist to the note:

*NOTE:

STUDY to show thyself approved unto Yahweh, a workman that need not to be ashamed, rightly dividing [giving diligence to what is actually being said] the word of truth (2 Timothy 2:15).

All Scripture is given by inspiration of Yahweh, and IS PROFITABLE FOR doctrine, FOR reproof, FOR correction, FOR instruction in RIGHTEOUSNESS: That the man of Yahweh may be PERFECT, THOROUGHLY FURNISHED unto ALL RIGHTEOUS WORKS (2 Timothy 3:16-17).

END NOTE

And as they [Kepha {Peter} and Yahchanan {John}] spoke unto the people, the priests, and the captain of the temple, and the Sadducees, came upon them, BEING GRIEVED that they taught the people, and preached through Yahshua [GIVING PROCLAMATION IN HIS NAME] the resurrection from the dead. And they laid hands on [arrested] them, and put them in custody [jail] until the next day: for it was now evening. But many of them [of the people] who **HEARD THE WORD [that Kepha and Yahchanan spoke] believed; and the number of the men was about five thousand.

**NOTE:

That is a lot of PEOPLE [MEN and woMEN] that HEARD THE WORD that Kepha and Yahchanan spoke, right? I would like you to note that Kepha and Yahchanan spoke to the people under the inspiration of Father Yahweh's spirit just as Yahshua had spoken unto the people when he was in their presence. Now, t8, Mike, and Pierre would like to have us believe that Yahshua was the LITERAL word of Father Yahweh that LITERALLY pre-existed with Him in the beginning as an actual being that was “a god”, but the fact is, Yahshua's title is called “The Word of Yahweh” in Revelation simply because he is the spokesman of his and our Father Yahweh's word in this last time period as Hebrews 1:1-2 make perfectly clear. Since Yahshua is now with the Father in accordance to what is recorded in this passage and in accordance to everything else recorded in the so-called “New Testament”, Kepha and Yahchanan are now being spokesmen of the truth of the word that they are speaking under the inspiration of Father Yahweh's spirit.

Now, I would ask that you please read the following link to Scripture and come back and finish the rest of what I have posted:

Yahchanan 14:12 – 17:26

Continuing on with the previous passage from Acts:

And it came to pass on the next day, that their rulers, and elders, and scribes, And Annas the high priest, and Caiaphas, and Yahchanan, and Alexander, and as many as were of the kindred of the high priest, were gathered together at Yerusalem. And when they had set them [Kepha and Yahchanan] in the midst, they asked, By what power, or BY WHAT NAME, have you done this? Then Kepha, FILLED WITH THE SET APART [“Holy”] SPIRIT, said unto them, You rulers of the people, and elders of Ysryl, If we at this time be examined of the righteous deed done to the crippled man, by what means he is made whole; Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Ysryl, that BY THE NAME OF YAHSHUA the Messiah of Nazareth, whom you executed, whom Yahweh raised from the dead, even by him does this man stand here before you whole. This is the stone which was rejected by you builders, WHICH HAS BECOME THE HEAD OF THE CORNER. Neither is there redemption in any other: FOR THERE IS NO OTHER NAME GIVEN [by Father Yahweh] AMONG MEN, by which we MUST be redeemed. Now when they saw the boldness of Kepha and Yahchanan, and perceived that they were unlearned and ordinary men, they marveled; and they took knowledge of them, that they had been with Yahshua. And beholding the man who was healed standing with them, they could say nothing against it. But when they had commanded them to go aside out of the council, they conferred among themselves, Saying, What shall we do to these men? for that indeed a notable miracle has been done by them is made known to all them that dwell in Yerusalem; and we cannot deny it. But that it spread no further among the people, let us sternly threaten them, that they speak no longer to any man IN THIS NAME. And they called them, and commanded them not to speak at all nor teach IN THE NAME YAHSHUA. But Kepha and Yahchanan answered and said unto them, Whether it be right in the sight of Yahweh to listen unto you more than unto Yahweh, you be the judge. For we cannot but speak the things which we have seen and heard. So when they had further threatened them, they let them go, finding nothing for which they might punish them, because of the people: for all men [“ABOUT 5,000”] ESTEEMED YAHWEH for that which was done. For the man was above forty years old, on whom this miracle of healing was showed. And being let go, they went to their own company, and reported all that the chief priests and elders had said unto them. And when they heard that, they lifted up their voice TO YAHWEH with one accord, and said, YAHWEH, You are the Mighty One, Who has made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and all that is in them: Who BY THE MOUTH OF YOUR SERVANT DAWID has said, Why did the nations rage, and the people imagine vain things? The kings of the earth stood up, and the rulers were gathered together against YAHWEH, AND against the one whom He anointed [YAHSHUA]. For of a truth against Your set apart [“holy”] son Yahshua, whom You have anointed, both Herod, and Pontius Pilate, with the Gentiles, and the people of Ysryl, were gathered together, To do whatsoever Your hand and Your counsel determined before to be done. And now, Yahweh, behold their threatenings: and grant unto Your servants, that with all boldness THEY MAY SPEAK YOUR WORD, By stretching forth Your hand to heal; and that signs and wonders may be done BY THE NAME OF YOUR SET APART [“HOLY”] SON YAHSHUA. And when they had prayed, the place was shaken where they were assembled together; and they were all filled with the set apart [“holy”] Spirit, AND THEY SPOKE THE WORD OF YAHWEH with boldness. And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that any of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common. And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Master Yahshua: and great favor was upon them all (Acts 4:1-33).  

“Jesus” most certainly is not the Messi
    ah's GIVEN name, since “Jesus” is a Latino name and not a Hebrew name. Yahshua was born of Hebrew speaking parents and they certainly would have not been instructed to give their son a Latino name. Would you not find it odd to even find a Jewish man in this time period whose parents had given him the Latino name “Jesus”? I most certainly would! In fact, I have yet to meet a Jewish man who parents spoke the Hebrew language with a Latino name and most certainly doubt that I ever will.

FYI, the Hebrew name Yahshua (“Joshua” – Yes, he was given the same name as the prophet of old Yahshua [Joshua] ben [son of] Nun.) means 'Yahweh is Redeemer' which signifies Father Yahweh as our Supreme Redeemer. In fact, the name 'Jesus' is simply a TRANSLATION of the Hebrew name Yeshua and both of these names are completely void of the Name of our Heavenly Father and Creator. The Hebrew name 'Yeshua' simply means 'he is redeemer' and does not signify who our Supreme Redeemer truly is. Yahshua (“Joshua”) is a TRANSLITERATION/TRANSCRIPTION of the Messiah's name and the name of the prophet of old. Note that Yahshua clearly made it known that he had come in the name of his Father (Yahchanan 5:43). Names are transliterated and transcribe in diverse languages and not translated. For example, if you hear or read the name of President John F. Kennedy on a Spanish speaking radio station or newspaper, they do not translate his name as JUAN F. Kennedy, but in fact speak and write (transliterate/transcribe) his name as it is spoken and written in our English language. This is what is called transliterating and transcribing.

Another fact that I would like to point out is that to say “Yahshua Messiah” (or “Jesus Christ”) is not proper and that Messiah (or “Christ”) is not a part of his name or a title, but is in fact the act that was performed in his being 'anointed' by Father Yahweh. So, to say “Yahshua THE Messiah (or “THE Anointed”) is how he should be properly addressed.

The Name Yahweh (1)

The Name Yahweh (2)

YHWH

YHWH 600 B.C.E.

THE NAME JESUS

Did The Father And The Son Have The Same Name?

WHO IS THE WORD?
    John Chapter One

Exodus 32
    By Voy Wilks
    3/9/98

The Pre-existence
    By Voy Wilks
    1/29/92

“Jesus IS God!”?

Frankk,

In that case, we should make change all the name Jesus Christ, written in all the Bible versions.

by the name “Jesus the Anointed”.???

limjunus,

Father Yahweh anointed His son Yahshua to reign as King for 1,000 years, so yes, to say Yahshua [or 'Jesus'] the anointed [or 'the christ'] would be a more accurate way of giving reference to him, since to say “Yahshua ['Jesus'] Messiah ['Christ']” sounds more like a first and last name or title in our English language. This more accurate way of giving reference to him also conveys to others more accurately that Father Yahweh is above His son in that He is the one Who anointed him to be King and also shows that they are not “one and the same being” as many have been mislead to believe. This also conveys the correct understanding to others that Father Yahweh would have no need for one to anoint Him as King, since He has been our Supreme King ever since the very beginning and that there is no one greater than He.

WHO IS THE WORD?
    John Chapter One

Exodus 32
    By Voy Wilks
    3/9/98

The Pre-existence
    By Voy Wilks
    1/29/92

“Jesus IS God!”?

Frank,

So, how can you apply the name of Jesus Christ to the believers so that through his name they can obtained salvation.?

I am reminding you that the Bible is specifically said, that there is no salvation to any other name given to men except with Jesus Christ.

and I am reminding you also that there was verses in the Bible that the true believers of Christ has been called by “honorable name”. and the sons and daughters of God, also shall be called by His name, the name for his glory.

God bless you. :D

limjunus
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Sep. 19 2012,03:51)

Quote (limjunus @ Sep. 17 2012,23:17)
    They are also “mighty”, the same with Jesus Christ………

You have made my point for me.  Since “theos” means “mighty one”, and you just admitted that Jesus is ALSO a “mighty one”, it shows that we CAN'T take the words “only true mighty one” LITERALLY.

Quote (limjunus @ Sep. 17 2012,23:17)
    If we are going to accept the other so called gods are true Gods also even though they have been written in the Bible, we are placing ourselves in a direct contradiction to what Jesus Christ and his apostles doctrines.

First of all, there is NOT ONE SINGLE HEBREW OR GREEK SCRIPTURE that uses the phrases “so-called gods” or “false gods”.  These phrases are the inventions of English translators, and don't exist in the original languages of the scriptures.

Secondly, you say we are placing ourselves in contradiction to what is taught in scripture, right?  Consider this scripture:

Matthew 28:18
    Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.”

Should we take the words of Jesus LITERALLY, and assume that he has authority even over his own God, Jehovah?  

And if we use our common sense and understand these words IN THE CONTEXT OF THE SCRIPTURES AS A WHOLE – that they mean all authority EXCEPT FOR authority over Jehovah – are we “placing ourselves in contradiction” to the very words of Jesus?

limjunis, I agree that sometimes, the statements in the Bible are emphatical statements, and not to be taken as literal statements.  We can determine which way to take the statements from the CONTEXT OF THE SCRIPTURES AS A WHOLE, right?

And it seems we are in agreement about “everything under his feet” not being a LITERAL statement.  I assume you also agree with me that “all authority” is not LITERAL, or else Jehovah would have NO authority left anymore.

So we are probably in agreement on MOST of these EMPHATICAL statements, but disagree on “only true mighty one”.  The problem is that you've already admitted that Jesus IS a “mighty one”.  So your own words have acknowledged that Jesus' words in John 17:3 cannot possibly be LITERAL – unless you consider your Lord Jesus to be a “false mighty one”.  Do you?

Frank,

Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.”

It doesn't mean Jesus Christ is true God with the above subjected verse. Jesus, is true mighty but not meant he is true God.

If you holding the precepts that Jesus is true God or true god, you are in contradiction of the announcement of Jesus. You, Father is the only true God. (Categorically or absolutely statement of the Son of God) pointing out the singleness of the Father as the true God, no more other true God.

To make clear, mighty word is not meant God.

limjunus
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Sep. 19 2012,03:29)

Quote (limjunus @ Sep. 17 2012,22:52)
    Mike,

I have already answered all your questions.

No you haven't.

But the words “For us, there is only one God, the Father, we must take it and understand it literally.

Why?  Because YOU say so?  ???   Don't you understand that if you take those words literally, you are in effect claiming that your Lord Jesus Christ is NOT a “true god”, and therefore a “false god”?

limjunis, the word “theos” means “mighty one”.  Is Jehovah LITERALLY the “only true mighty one”?  If so, does it make Jesus a “false mighty one”?  PLEASE ANSWER.

Because, the phrases is the equivalent of the words “almighty God” … the exact and complete meaning of the word ONENESS.

The word “almighty” does not mean “only true”.

Frank,

Yes, the word almighty doesn't mean only true, but it is not the issue. The words “only true God, the Father is the issue were dealing about.

Except, the Father, there is no true God or true god. That was the clear announcement from Jesus himself.

” you, Father, the only true God.” If it is not categorically statement, Jesus Christ shall not say it so.

limjunus
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Sep. 19 2012,16:29)

Quote (limjunus @ Sep. 18 2012,23:40)

Quote (Lightenup @ Sep. 19 2012,02:10)
    limjunus,
    Jesus IS the true only begotten God.

Lightenup,

The rightful way to express is, Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God and [/B]“not begotten God”.

limjunus,

Scripture disagrees with you:
    John 1:18
    New American Standard Bible (©1995)
    No one has seen God at any time; the only begotten God who is in the bosom of the Father, He has explained Him.

Lightenup,

You hath post the other version against the NKJV version.

The version you hath post is not disagreeing with but to NKJV version.

Now, which is the right translation NASB or NKJV?

I am choosing the NKJV. Because the only one true God, could and would not be begotten God, He has a begotten son and he would not be a begotten son.

God bless you.

limjunus
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Sep. 19 2012,16:30)

Quote (limjunus @ Sep. 19 2012,15:40)

limjunus,

Lightenup,

The rightful way to express is, Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God and [/B]“not begotten God”.

the bible said he is the begotten son of God and we accept that.
    but the bible also says he is the begotten God.

you are saying NOT THE WHOLE TRUTH boy LOL

you are really a photocopy of your father satan LOL

make your own bible. LOL
    make a bible that all verses support your false doctrine LOL

Jammin,

NASB and NKJV is in contrast. It is not my fault, blame the Bible Scholars who have made them.

Now, again you are accusing me many times. Be careful with your mouth, it could be boomerang to you.

Which is the right transaltion, the NASB or the NKJV? and why?

I am choosing the NKJV, because the one and only true God, could and would not be a begotten Son, never. He has a begotten Son and that was Jesus Christ.

If I am following your arguments, that Jesus Christ is the begotten God, who is his begotten Son? another Jesus Christ?!!! HO HO HO

limjunus
    Participant

A WAKE UP CALL

Look into the world of Christian World nowadays. How many religious groups has a belief that Jesus Christ is God?

Every christian religious group has their own prescription in molding their followers to believe that Jesus Christ is truly God, such are Holy Trinity, Unitarian and Almighty and Mighty One, etc., etc.,

In fact, these religious groups have their different specification with their doctrines, but the bottom line is, Jesus Christ is true God for everyone of them.

How many millions, may be billion of people nowadays are standing and holding the belief that Jesus Christ is truly God?

Here is the secret/mystery revealed only the chosen people of God, and not to all the so called Christian in this world.

11″You have been given the secret of the Kingdom of God,” Jesus answered. “But the others, who are on the outside, hear all things by means of parables, Luke 4:11

But not everyone knows this truth. 1 Cor. 8:7

Implying that the truth has been revealed only to the selected group of people and we must belong with them. So that we could be counted as part of this group of the believers. We must not an outsiders.

Even though they are juts few in numbers compare to other so called christian groups throughout the world, but believing that Jesus Christ is not God, but the Father alone is a divine credential or identity the they are the genuine chosen people of God, and shall not be deemed the outsiders.

God bless you all.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Sep. 19 2012,11:29)

Quote (limjunus @ Sep. 18 2012,23:40)

limjunus,

Lightenup,

limjunus,

Scripture disagrees with you:
    John 1:18
    New American Standard Bible (©1995)
    No one has seen God at any time; the only begotten God who is in the bosom of the Father, He has explained Him.

Kathi,

That passage is speaking of the Spirit by personifying it; which is why it uses the word “one”. It is the Spirit that knows the deep things of God; and those to whom the Spirit reveals them. Jesus is his primary student and the man by whom all others come to know God.

limjunus
    Participant

Quote (carmel @ Sep. 19 2012,17:33)

John 17:3 Now this is eternal life: That they may know thee, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

Limjunus,

EXPLAIN,

WHY NOW, and HOW :

THAT THEY MAY KNOW YOU (FATHER)AS THE ONLY TRUE GOD???

ISN'T IT OBVIOUS THAT BEFORE JESUS CAME, ALTHOUGH GOD EXISTED THEY NEVER KNEW HIM AS THE ONLY TRUE GOD???

SO ISN'T IT OBVIOUS THAT THROUGH JESUS CHRIST THAT THEY MAY KNOW THAT THE FATHER IS THE ONLY TRUE GOD???

WHY THE HELL DID HE SEND HIM???

DIDN'T HE SEND HIM TO REVEAL THE TRUTH WHO'S GOD AND WHO ISN'T???

IT ISN'T OBVIOUS THAT SATAN WAS PROCLAIMING THAT HE WAS THE god OF THE WORLD, READ AGAIN ALL THE OT. IT IS ALL THERE IN BLACK AND WHITE, HE WAS MURDERRING ALL THE TIME AS god OF THE WORLD WITH THE EXCUSE OF JUSTICE, SINCE HUMANS WERE BEING MANIPULATED BY HIM TO COMMIT EVIL DEEDS, AND THEN KILLS THEM TO JUSTIFY HIMSELF AND  GRAB SOULS ALL THE TIME.

THAT WAS THE JUSTICE THAT JESUS REFERRED TO BEFORE BEING BAPTIZED BY JOHN!

SO WITHOUT JESUS CHRIST THERE COULD NEVER BE IN THE TRUTH THAT THE FATHER IS THE TRUE GOD!!

SO THAT THEY MAY KNOW YOU THE ONLY TRUE GOD ,AND JESUS CHRIST, THE ONE THAT YOU HAVE SENT, purposely to establish the only true GOD in JESUS CHRIST AS BOTH SPIRIT AND FLESH, SINCE AS SPIRIT WAS USELESS!!

IN THAT REGARD

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

Carmel,

In the Old Testament, from the time of Abraham down to the Israel Era, they know who is the one and only true God. Surely they didn't recognize any prophet as the one and only true God. God spoke in different ways, directly and trough His prophets. But when the Lord God, cast away and cursed His nation called “Israel” due to their iniquities and because of their disobedient to God. They have been separated from God.

God, sent John the Baptist as a preparation for the greatest one, the Messiah. In the time of the Messiah, God, spoke to the people He would be chosen not only to the people of Israel but to all humankind through Jesus Christ. Hebrews 1:1-2 NKJV.

One of the duty of Jesus Christ is to understand and to introduce who is the one and only true God, and who is the Messiah? 1 John 5:20 NLT.

1 John 5:20 New Living Translation (NLT)

And we know that the Son of God has come, and he has given us understanding so that we can know the true God. And now we live in fellowship with the true God because we live in fellowship with his Son, Jesus Christ. He [Father] is the only true God, and he is eternal life.[John 17:13 ERV]

Through Jesus Christ, we can come back to the living God, and we can be forgiven because of him. Acts. 13:37-39 NKJV.

God shall judge us in the appointed time by the MAN He has ordained. The man Jesus Christ. 1 Timothy 2:5 NKJV. Acts 2:22

The new covenant has been made through the blood of Jesus Christ. 1 Cor. 11:25 NKJV. Hebrews 8:13, 9:15, 12:24

The gospel of Christ to be preached to all nations, including the presentation who is the one and only true God, because not all the nations in the world have an understanding who is the true One?

God bless you.

limjunus
    Participant

Just reminding all,

The teaching of, that, Jesus Christ is the true God, not originated from Jesus Christ and his the apostles.

The truth of God, shall be replaced by the apostles successors. Acts. 20:29-30 NKJV.

The date of the fulfillment: 325 A.D. and 381 A.D. In the Council of Nicea and Constantinople. During the reign of Emperador Constantine, a strong supporter of the Roman Catholic Church

jammin
    Participant

Quote (limjunus @ Sep. 19 2012,17:24)

Quote (Lightenup @ Sep. 19 2012,16:36)

Quote (jammin @ Sep. 19 2012,00:32)
    nice job sis kathi :)

limjunus is really a false teacher.

let me post the greek of john 1.18
    18 θεον ουδεις εωρακεν πωποτε μονογενης θεος

tsk tsk…this limjunus is really a false teacher. LOL

Yes Jammin…it says only begotten God in the Greek. That is a truth that can set many here free.

Lightenup and Jammin,

Accusing me as a false teacher, because I am posting that Jesus Christ is the begotten Son of God.

You are accusing the apostle John and not me, kiddie boy and kiddie girl.

Her is the verse and read it nicely.

“He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. John 3:18

Lightenup post: “the begotten God” instead the truth. Here is the truth:

“No one has seen God at any time. The only begotten Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, He has declared Him John 1:18 NKJV.

Now, who is the false teacher/s?  

Ho Ho Ho  :D

truly Christ is the begotten son of God.
    but that is not the end of the story..
    you are not saying the whole trutph boy.

as i have said you are like your father satan. LOL

we accept that he is the begotten son of God.
    but the bible also says he is the begotten God boy LOL
    and that is the truth that you cant accept LOL

btw your logic about who is Christ's begotten son is non sense. LOL

the bible said Christ is the begotten God and there is no wrong with that but i think your mind should be fixed by psychiatrist. you have a big problem reading your bible LOL

jammin
    Participant

limjunus,
    btw you are still not answering my question.

if paul said the father is the only God and Christ is the only LORD.
    does it mean that the father is not LORD to you?? yes or no?

journey42
    Participant

A WAKE UP CALL

Look into the world of Christian World nowadays. How many religious groups has a belief that Jesus Christ is God?

Every christian religious group has their own prescription in molding their followers to believe that Jesus Christ is truly God, such are Holy Trinity, Unitarian and Almighty and Mighty One, etc., etc.,

In fact, these religious groups have their different specification with their doctrines, but the bottom line is, Jesus Christ is true God for everyone of them.

How many millions, may be billion of people nowadays are standing and holding the belief that Jesus Christ is truly God?

Here is the secret/mystery revealed only the chosen people of God, and not to all the so called Christian in this world.

11″You have been given the secret of the Kingdom of God,” Jesus answered. “But the others, who are on the outside, hear all things by means of parables, Luke 4:11

But not everyone knows this truth. 1 Cor. 8:7

Implying that the truth has been revealed only to the selected group of people and we must belong with them.  So that we could be counted as part of this group of the believers.  We must not an outsiders.

Even though they are juts few in numbers compare to other so called christian groups throughout the world, but believing that Jesus Christ is not God, but the Father alone is a divine credential or identity the they are the genuine chosen people of God, and shall not be deemed the outsiders.

God bless you all.

Hello limjunus

I am hearing you brother. You are so right.  You put up a good fight.  We cannot change them, this doctrine has a tight grip on them.  They will fight it till they die, no matter what scriptures are presented.  They are still brethren however, so agree to disagree.  You have done your best.

Matthew 3:17   And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

even the evil spirit's knew who he was
    Matthew 8:29   And, behold, they cried out, saying, What have we to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God? art thou come hither to torment us before the time?

Matthew 14:33   Then they that were in the ship came and worshipped him, saying, Of a truth thou art the Son of God.
    Matthew 17:5   While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him.

HERES A GOOD ONE.  CONCENTRATE
    Matthew 23:9   And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.  
    Jesus was a man when he spoke these words, he was on earth, and his Father in heaven

Matthew 25:40   And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
    Matthew 28:10   Then said Jesus unto them, Be not afraid: go tell my brethren that they go into Galilee, and there shall they see me.
    John 20:17   Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethrenand say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

John 15:14   Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.
    John 15:15   Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.

These scriptures will never make sense to them.  They might as well rip these pages out.
    Most don't understand the trinity themselves, but have to pretend they do by going over the same things, over and over, ignoring the rest of the scriptures.
    Only God can reveal it to them,
    I suggest they start searching for more truth, and go to other topics in the scriptures with a pure zeal for spiritual knowledge, then maybe….

Jesus called us brethren, and friends.  Never once did he call us sons.  Never once.
    We have to let it go for now Limjunus, move to other topics my friend, these ones wont budge.  Remember they are brothers, and if they don't treat you like one, then you have done your duty, and they will be ashamed.
    you did well.

God bless.

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Sep. 19 2012,07:11)
    Frank,

Do you really need to quote all that information just to address the ONE little question limjunis asked?

Don't you know how to quote only the part to which you are responding?  If not, ask me, and I'll walk you through the process.

Mike,

Yes, I “really need to quote all that information just to address the ONE little question limjunis asked.” I have my reason, deal with it! :laugh:

Yes, I “know how to quote only the part to which responding” and I certainly do not need any kind of help concerning anything from you!  :laugh:

FYI, As long as you and others continue to respond to me in this forum like I am stupid, you will only receive the same treatment from me in return. In other words, “What goes around comes around! :laugh:  

WHO IS THE WORD?
    John Chapter One

Exodus 32
    By Voy Wilks
    3/9/98

The Pre-existence
    By Voy Wilks
    1/29/92

“Jesus IS God!”?

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Sep. 19 2012,07:27)
    Frank,

Perhaps you feel that using “Yeremyah” instead of the commonly accepted “Jeremiah”, and using “Isrylite” instead of “Israelite” somehow brings you closer to God.  But, according to the holy, inspired scriptures, Jehovah called Himself “el” and “elohim”.  We usually translate those words as “god” in English.  And while I agree that “god” is not the NAME of our Creator, it is an accurate DESCRIPTION of Him, since the word means “mighty one”.

But for you to say you don't serve any “god” is just semantics, and silly if you ask me.

The fact remains that Jehovah called Himself “el” and “elohim”.

Mike,

Can you count how many times I have told you and others on this forum that I am no mere “God” worshiper? That being said, I most certainly do not feel closer to YOUR “God”, since I believe YOUR “God” IS NOTHING but Satan himself of no value and who is completely powerless. I also do not feel that I am any closer to Father Yahweh simply because I believe that the more proper rendition of the prophet Yeremyah's name. If you have a problem with my belief in this matter, then I can only suggest to you that you no longer communicate with me or simply deal with it.   :laugh:

Concerning YOUR belief that Father Yahweh called Himself “el” and “elohim” and you or anyone else who believes this and that “'god' … is an accurate DESCRIPTION of Him … [and] means 'mighty one'”, I most certainly do not believe as you or others who believe this or I would also do so. If you have a problem with my belief in this matter, I can only suggest that you no long communicate with me or simply deal with this also.  :laugh:

WHO IS THE WORD?
    John Chapter One

Exodus 32
    By Voy Wilks
    3/9/98

The Pre-existence
    By Voy Wilks
    1/29/92

“Jesus IS God!”?

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

There is ONLY ONE TRUE Mighty One and that is Father Yahweh (Yahchanan 17:3; 1 Corinthians 8:4-6).

For even though there are many so-called gods, whether they are said to be in heaven or on the earth (as there are many so-called gods and lords), Yet to us there is only One Authority, the Father [Yahweh], from Whom all things came and for Whom we love. And there is only but one anointed to be King, Yahshua the Messiah, on whose account are all things, and on whose account we live (1 Corinthians 8:5-6).

For ALL the gods of the nations [gentiles] are idols *”nothing”, worthless, powerless, and of no value, but Yahweh made the heavens. Esteem and honour are His; strength and gladness are where He is. Ascribe to Yahweh the esteem due unto His Name; Bring an offering, and come before Him; Worship Yahweh in set apart array (1 Chronicles 16:26-29).

For ALL the gods of the nations [gentiles] are idols *”nothing”, worthless, powerless, and of no value, but Yahweh made the heavens. Esteem and honour are His; strength and gladness are where He is. Ascribe to Yahweh, O families of nations, ascribe to Yahweh esteem and strength. Ascribe to Yahweh the esteem that is due to His Name; bring an offering and come into His courts. Worship Yahweh in the splendor of His being set apart; tremble before Him, all the earth Psalm 96:5-9).

*NOTE:

So then, about eating food sacrificed to idols: We know that an idol is nothing at all in the world and that there is no God but one (1 Corinthians 8:4).

What am I trying to say? Am I saying that food offered to idols has some significance, or that idols are anything? No, but the sacrifices of pagans [gentiles, those of the nations] are offered to demons, NOT TO YAHWEH, and I do not want you to be participants with demons (1 Corinthians 10:19-20).

A psalm of Dawid. Ascribe to Yahweh, O judges, ascribe to Yahweh esteem and strength. Ascribe to Yahweh the esteem that is due to His Name; worship Yahweh in the splendor of His being set apart (Psalms 29:1-2).

Be careful to do everything I have said to you. Do not make mention by invoking the names of gods; do not let them be heard out of you mouth (Exodus 23:13).  

WHO IS THE WORD?
    John Chapter One

Exodus 32
    By Voy Wilks
    3/9/98

The Pre-existence
    By Voy Wilks
    1/29/92

“Jesus IS God!”?

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Sep. 19 2012,21:42)
    limjunus,
    btw you are still not answering my question.

if paul said the father is the only God and Christ is the only LORD.
    does it mean that the father is not LORD to you?? yes or no?

Let all the house of Ysryl therefore know for certain that Yahweh [the ONE and ONLY Supreme Master] has made him [Yahshua] both Master and the Messiah, this Yahshua whom you executed” (Acts 2:36).

Then Yahshua came to them and said, “All authority [power] in heaven and on earth has been GIVEN TO ME Mattithyah/28:18).

This also included the power (authority) to redeem mankind from sin and death!

But that you may know that the son of man has power [authority] upon earth to forgive sins, (he said unto the paralytic,) I say unto you, Arise, and take up your bed, and go into your house (Lukyah 5:24).

But so that you may know that the son of man has authority [power] on earth to forgive sins…” Then he said to the paralytic, “Get up, take your mat and go home” (Mattithyah 9:6).

But that you may know that the son of man has authority [power] on earth to forgive sins…” He said to the paralytic, “I tell you, get up, take your mat and go home” (Yahchanan Mark 2:10-11).

Yahshua received his power (authority) on high from his and our Father Yahweh!

WHO IS THE WORD?
    John Chapter One

Exodus 32
    By Voy Wilks
    3/9/98

The Pre-existence
    By Voy Wilks
    1/29/92

“Jesus IS God!”?

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

*CORRECTION: On post: Sep. 20 2012,09:26:

So then, about eating food sacrificed to idols: We know that an idol is nothing at all in the world and that there is no *Mighty One but one (1 Corinthians 8:4).

WHO IS THE WORD?
    John Chapter One

Exodus 32
    By Voy Wilks
    3/9/98

The Pre-existence
    By Voy Wilks
    1/29/92

“Jesus IS God!”?

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (limjunus @ Sep. 19 2012,02:32)

Quote (jammin @ Sep. 19 2012,16:30)

Quote (limjunus @ Sep. 19 2012,15:40)

limjunus,

Lightenup,

the bible said he is the begotten son of God and we accept that.
    but the bible also says he is the begotten God.

you are saying NOT THE WHOLE TRUTH boy LOL

you are really a photocopy of your father satan LOL

make your own bible. LOL
    make a bible that all verses support your false doctrine LOL

Jammin,

NASB and NKJV is in contrast. It is not my fault, blame the Bible Scholars who have made them.

Now, again you are accusing me many times. Be careful with your mouth, it could be boomerang to you.

Which is the right transaltion, the NASB or the NKJV? and why?

I am choosing the NKJV, because the one and only true God, could and would not be a begotten Son, never.  He has a begotten Son and that was Jesus Christ.

If I am following your arguments, that Jesus Christ is the begotten God, who is his begotten Son? another Jesus Christ?!!! HO HO HO

Hi limjunus,
    I know it is frustrating when one translation has one word and another has a completely different word. Many of the translations have monogenes theos (God) instead of monogenes huios (Son).

The early church fathers mention the begotten God (the Son)and the unbegotten God (the Father) several times. Also, the earlier manuscript says “only begotten God.” The Peshitta has 'only begotten God' also. The Peshitta is claimed to be the original NT and it was written in Aramaic.

Besides that, the literal Son of God, begotten before the ages would most assuredly be not only the only begotten Son but because He is the only begotten Son before the ages, He would be the only begotten God as well. Like begets like.

I hope that helps :)

Viewing 20 posts - 10,381 through 10,400 (of 25,909 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account