JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 10,321 through 10,340 (of 25,909 total)
  • Author
    mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ Sep. 15 2012,18:06)
    Be aware that the word “God” is of pagan origin!

Okay Frank.

Then let's use the Hebrew words “el”, “eloah”, and “elohim”.

Do you think Yahweh is LITERALLY the ONLY “el” in existence? YES or NO?

Do you acknowledge that many of Yahweh's faithful servants were also called “elohim”? YES or NO?

And do you suppose that those faithful servants of Yahweh were “false elohim”? YES or NO?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Ed J @ Sep. 15 2012,18:25)
    Does “EL” define only as 'a mighty one' or does “EL” define as “God” too?

The KJV sometimes translates the words “el” and “elohim” as “judges”, “God”, “gods”, and “mighty”.

Ed, my question was: ACCORDING TO THE KJV, which you so adore, is Jesus called a god? YES or NO?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (limjunus @ Sep. 16 2012,02:08)
    The essence of the word “ALMIGHTY GOD” is appropriate and just for only one and the word equal is not applicable or else the word “ALMIGHTY GOD” should not be used.

Agreed. The word “almighty” means “the mightiest of all the mighties”. There can only be one “almighty”.

But in scriptures like Isaiah 44:8, Jehovah doesn't say He is the only “almighty”. He says there is no “el” apart from Him.

Yet scriptures teach of MANY different elohim, who are faithful servants of Jehovah. Jesus is one of them. So will you call these faithful servants of Jehovah, including Jesus, “false elohim”?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (limjunus @ Sep. 16 2012,02:57)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Sep. 16 2012,03:28)

Here is an example:
    1 Corinthians 15:27
    For he “has put everything under his feet.” Now when it says that “everything” has been put under him, it is clear that this does not include God himself, who put everything under Christ.

• Is Jehovah LITERALLY the ONLY savior?  YES or NO?
  • Is Jehovah LITERALLY the ONLY god (mighty one) in existence?  YES or NO?
  • Is Jesus LITERALLY the ONLY lord in existence?  YES or NO?

• Mike, nice try.

The word “everything” and the word “only one” in the Bible, in some instances we should not taken it literally.  

What do you mean by “nice try”?  It seems I made my point, and you agreed with it.  I'd call that a success.  :)

But concerning the word “Only true God” we must take it literally………..

YOU can take it literally if you want to, limjunis.  But just remember that by taking it literally, you are calling your Lord Jesus Christ a “false god”.  As for me, I will understand it the same way I understand Jesus being the “only Lord” over us.

The genuine preachers of God, shall not make any opposing or any contradicting announcement against the truth about God.

Oh, you mean like when Paul claimed that EVERYTHING was under Jesus, and then right away “contradicted” his first statement by clarifying he didn't mean God Himself?  :)

There is no contradiction if you understand Isaiah 44:8 as the EMPHATICAL STATEMENT that it clearly was.

limjunis, there are three questions in the quote box above that I'd like you to answer.

peace,
    mike

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (limjunus @ Sep. 16 2012,03:15)
    Is there a spiritual benefit by opposing the doctrines of our Lord Jesus Christ?

He is vividly saying the truth about God.  “THAT WE MUST KNOW THE THE ONLY TRUE GOD, IS HIS FATHER” attested by his apostles and the prophets of God.

limjunis,

I don't oppose any doctrines of God, or of His Son Jesus Christ – who is ALSO called a god in scripture.

I started a thread called “Indeed there are many gods” just for YOU – yet you haven't come to that thread yet.

Why not come over there and discuss this issue?

Do you remember when Jesus told the man, “Why do you call me good?  Only God is good.” ?

Do you suppose Jesus was telling the man that EVERY human and spirit being who ever lived (except for God) was BAD?  

Is your Lord Jesus a BAD person, limjunis?  Or do you suppose it was an EMPHATICAL STATEMENT meant to teach that God is MORE good than any other being?

I hope you understand that it is the latter meaning.  And if you can understand that, then you should also be able to understand that “only true theos” doesn't mean that JESUS (who is also a theos) is a “FALSE THEOS”.  It was an EMPHATICAL STATEMENT.

Consider that the Greek word “theos” just means “mighty one”.  What Jesus taught is that Jehovah is the “only true mighty one“.   Now, should we take that statement LITERALLY, and conclude that NOBODY ELSE, INCLUDING JESUS HIMSELF, is a “mighty one”? Should we conclude that Jesus is a “false mighty one”???

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (carmel @ Sep. 18 2012,03:34)

Why are there some here that deny that Jehovah is Jesus' Lord even though they know Jesus declared him to be?

KERWIN,

THE TRUTH IS:

IN THE OT THERE WAS ONLY A GOD FOR THE JEWS.

HUMANS IN GENERAL HAD NO GOD.

IF HUMANS BELIEVE IN GOD THEY  REMAIN CONDEMNED.

IF HUMANS BELIEVE IN JESUS THEY ARE SAVED.

WHO IS GOD IN THE TRUTH FOR HUMANS THEN ??

GOD JEHOVAH OR JESUS???

Peace and love in Jesus the true GOD

Charles

Charles,

Jehovah sent Jonah to the people of Nineveh; a Gentile people, and they repented and turned to God. This is recorded in the book of Jonah.

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Quote (limjunus @ Sep. 17 2012,15:28)

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ Sep. 17 2012,08:21)

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ Sep. 17 2012,08:09)

Quote (limjunus @ Sep. 16 2012,20:45)

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ Sep. 16 2012,11:06)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Sep. 16 2012,10:50)

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ Sep. 15 2012,17:41)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Sep. 16 2012,09:27)

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ Sep. 15 2012,16:10)
    So, you believe that you and your servants of YOUR “God” are also each “a god”?

Frank,

Do you DENY the scriptures in which many of Jehovah's servants are called gods?   ???

Do you think I made those scriptures up, Frank?  :)

mikebull s'64,

What it is that I deny is your perversion of Scripture!

Good.  Then you accept this actual scripture:

Exodus 21:6 NET ©
    then his master must bring him to the judges, and he will bring him to the door or the doorposts, and his master will pierce his ear with an awl, and he shall serve him forever

The word translated as “the judges” is really “the gods”, Frank.  These gods were servants of Jehovah, and judges of His people on His behalf.

Will you call them “false gods” – even though they acted as representatives of the Almighty God?   ???

See Frank, it is not that I “pervert” the scriptures.  It's more a matter of you just not knowing them all that well.

mikebull s'64,

Again, I deny your perversion of Scripture! :laugh:

From the Encyclopedia Americana, 1945 Edition:

“GOD (god, gawd): Common Teutonic word for personal object of religious worship, formerly applicable to super-human beings of heathen myth; on conversion of Teutonic races to Christianity, term was applied to Supreme Being, and to Persons of Trinity 6-38a; 13-58a; Bible 3-174a; Jesus Christ 8-206b; mythology 10-362b; Spinoza's philosophy 12-165a.”

Also see:

BAAL God
    LORD God (The)

WHO IS THE WORD?
    John Chapter One

ELOHIM: ONE, OR MORE THAN ONE?
    Exodus 32
    By Voy Wilks
    3/9/98

The Pre-existence
    Philippians 2:5-11
    By Voy Wilks
    1/29/92

Did Yahshua Create Or Pre-exist His Birth?

“Jesus IS God!”?

GOD, origin from pagan? Allah origin from Islam. But the importance is the meaning.

What is the meaning of the word “GOD”?

limjunus,

Actually the word “God” (Gad – pronounced gawd) means 'fortune, good fortune' and is translated in the KJV as 'that troop' and in no way means “Mighty One' in relation to Father Yahweh. You will see this more properly translated in the World English Bible:

“But you who forsake Yahweh, who forget My [set apart] mountain, who prepare a table for Fortune, and who fill up mixed wine to Destiny; I will destine you to the sword, and you shall all bow down to the slaughter; because when I called, you did not answer; when I spoke, you did not hear; but you did that which was evil in my eyes, and chose that in which I didn't delight.”
    SOURCE (See: World English Bible translation).

According to Encyclopaedia Britannica, G-D is the common Teutonic word for a personal object of religious worship, applied to all the superhuman beings of the heathen mythologies. The word “g-d” on the conversion of the Teutonic races to Christianity was adopted as the name of the One Supreme Being. Encyclopedia of Religion and Ethics and Webster's Twentieth Century Dictionary, Unabridged agree that the origin is Teutonic paganism.

Now, note what Isayah 65:11-12 says:

11. You are those who forsake YAHWEH (the Biblical Hebrew Creator) who forget My special mountain, who prepare a table for Gawd (G-d the Canaanite idol *El), and who furnish a drink offering for MENI (G-d’s wife),

12. Therefore, I will count you for the sword and you will all bow down for the slaughter because when I called, you did not answer, when I spoke, you did not hear, but you did evil in My sight, and chose that which displeases Me.

*NOTE: Baal is the son of El (Eloah, or the plural Elohim).

Now, note what the Jewish Virtual Library says on “Baal Worship”:

“The word baʿl, common Semitic for “owner, master, husband,” became the usual designation of the great weather-god of the Western Semites.”
    SOURCE

Now compare this to what Scripture teaches concerning this deity:

When that time comes,” says Yahweh, “you will call me 'my husband' instead of 'my master.' I will remove the names of the **Baals from her lips; no longer will their names be invoked (Hoseyah 2:16-17).

**NOTE:
    The English translation for the word 'Baal' is “my LORD”:

Word Origin & History

Baal
    “The name of many deities of the Semitic peoples” [Klein], late 14c., Biblical use is from Heb. Ba'al, lit. “owner, master, LORD,” from ba'al “he took possession of,” also “he married;” related to Akkad. Belu (source of Heb. Bel), name of Marduk. Also related to the first element in
    Beelzebub. Used figuratively for any “false god.” – Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper  (Emphasis of bold capitalization mine.)

1. any of numerous local deities among the ancient Semitic peoples, typifying the productive forces of nature and worshiped with much sensuality. …

World English Dictionary:

1. any of several ancient Semitic fertility gods
    2. Phoenician myth  the sun god and supreme national deity …

Bible Dictionary:

Baal definition

LORD. (1.) The name appropriated to the principal male god of the Phoenicians. It is found in several places in the plural BAALIM (Judg. 2:11; 10:10; 1 Kings 18:18; Jer. 2:23; Hos. 2:17). Baal is identified with Molech (Jer. 19:5). It was known to the Israelites as Baal-peor (Num. 25:3; Deut. 4:3), was worshipped till the time of Samuel (1 Sam 7:4), and was afterwards the religion of the ten tribes in the time of Ahab (1 Kings 16:31-33; 18:19, 22). It prevailed also for a time in the kingdom of Judah (2 Kings 8:27; comp. 11:18; 16:3; 2 Chr. 28:2), till finally put an end to by the severe discipline of the Captivity (Zeph. 1:4-6). The priests of Baal were in great numbers (1 Kings 18:19), and of various classes (2 Kings 10:19). Their mode of offering sacrifices is described in 1 Kings 18:25-29. The sun-god, under the general title of Baal, or “lord,” was the chief object of worship of the Canaanites. Each locality had its special Baal, and the various local Baals were summed up under the name of Baalim, or “lords.” Each Baal had a wife, who was a colourless reflection of himself. (2.) A Benjamite, son of Jehiel, the progenitor of the Gibeonites (1 Chr. 8:30; 9:36). (3.) The name of a place inhabited by the Simeonites, the same probably as Baal-ath-beer (1 Chr. 4:33; Josh. 19:8). – Easton's 1897 Bible Dictionary [Emphasis of bold capitalization mine.]
    SOURCE

You will note that in most translations that our Heavenly Father and Creator's Name “YaHWeH” (or YeHoWaH) was SUBSTITUTED with the INFERIOR names/titles “the LORD” and “GOD” designated with all capital letters. This practice was in following with the Jewish scribes (copyist) in SUBSTITUTING His Name with the INFERIOR pagan/names/titles Adon (or plural 'Adonai) and El, Eloah {cf. Allah} (or plural 'Elohim').

The Jews developed a belief of their ***”own understanding” that is not taught in Scripture that they should not use the Name Yahweh that is contrary to what is taught in Scripture that we are to set apart (“hallow {make holy}, sanctify”), revere (“fear”), remember, think upon, wait upon, walk in, trust in, love, seek, declare (proclaim), bless, publish, call upon, sing unto, praise, esteem (“glorify”), make known (“manifest”), and know His Name.
    SOURCE

***NOTE:

Trust in Yahweh with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways ACKNOWLEDGE HIM, and He will make your paths straight (Proverbs 3:5-6).

How long shall this be in the heart of the prophets that prophesy lies, even the prophets of the deceit of their own heart? That think to cause My people to forget My Name (Yahweh) by their dreams which they tell every man to his neighbor, as their fathers forgot My Name (Yahweh) for Baal (God & Lord) – SSBE Jeremiah 23:26-27.

Till when shall it be in the heart of the prophets? – the prophets of falsehood and prophets of the deceit of their own heart, who try to make My people forget My Name (Yahweh) by their dreams which everyone relates to his neighbour, as their fathers forgot My Name (Yahweh) for Ba'al (God & Lord) – SISR Yirmeyahu 23:26-27.

Also see:

BAAL Gad
    LORD God (The)

There is also a clear warning given to us in Scripture that we are not to add unto or take away from Father Yahweh's inspired prophetic word, and this is exactly what has been done especially concerning His Name purely for the “traditions of men” sake. Note that Father Yahweh's Name is recorded in Hebrew Scripture close 7,000 times and has been SUBSTITUTED close to this many times. And to top this off, the translator's of the so-called “New Testament” did not even bother to carry His Name over in their translating, but instead followed in the tradition of the Jews in not publishing His Name in their translating. What does Scripture say concerning the erroneous practice?:

ASCRIBE to Yahweh the esteem due His Name; worship Yahweh in the splendor of His being set apart (Psalm 29:2.

ASCRIBE to Yahweh the esteem due His Name; bring an offering and come into His courts (Psalm 96:8 cf. 1 Chronicles 16:29 .

It is quite obvious to me that the scribes (copyist) and in turn the translators did not follow in Father Yahweh's clear instruction (torah, law, commandment, statute, charge, teaching). In turn it is up to us to restore His Name Yahweh to it's proper stead in the Scripture (Yahweh's prophetic inspired word) that it was removed from to the best of our knowledge. You will also note the clear teaching that there will be a RESTORATION of His Name to a “PURE LANGUAGE” by Father Yahweh Himself in the end time of His return to planet Earth when He will set up His Kingdom and do away with the unrighteous kingdoms and governments “of this world”.

For then will I restore to the people a pure language, that they may all call upon the Name Yahweh, to serve Him with one accord (Zephanyah 3:9.

Also see:

THE NAME YAHWEH

WHO IS THE WORD?
    John Chapter One

Exodus 32
    By Voy Wilks
    3/9/98

The Pre-existence
    By Voy Wilks
    1/29/92

“Jesus IS God!”?

limjunus,

I forgot to give another Scriptural reference to the following note in my previous post:

***NOTE:

Trust in Yahweh with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways ACKNOWLEDGE HIM, and He will make your paths straight (Proverbs 3:5-6).

Therefore My people will KNOW My Name; therefore at that time they will KNOW that it is I who foretold it. Yes, it is I” (Isayah 52:6).

Frank,

I have acknowledge Him, I am trusting Him, I am believing with the Father of Jesus Christ, in heaven, the one and only true God

Jesus Christ name is
    the name of God, given to him.

Note: John 17:11 GOD’S WORD Translation (GW)

“I won’t be in the world much longer, but they are in the world, and I’m coming back to you. Holy Father, keep them safe by the power of your name, the name that you gave me, so that their unity may be like ours.”

:D

limjunus,

Pay very close attention to the context of what is being said in the following passage from what is recorded in the so-called “New Testament” concerning redemption in the name Yahshua and please give this passage serious *STUDY.

But fist to the note:

*NOTE:

STUDY to show thyself approved unto Yahweh, a workman that need not to be ashamed, rightly dividing [giving diligence to what is actually being said] the word of truth (2 Timothy 2:15).

All Scripture is given by inspiration of Yahweh, and IS PROFITABLE FOR doctrine, FOR reproof, FOR correction, FOR instruction in RIGHTEOUSNESS: That the man of Yahweh may be PERFECT, THOROUGHLY FURNISHED unto ALL RIGHTEOUS WORKS (2 Timothy 3:16-17).

END NOTE

And as they [Kepha {Peter} and Yahchanan {John}] spoke unto the people, the priests, and the captain of the temple, and the Sadducees, came upon them, BEING GRIEVED that they taught the people, and preached through Yahshua [GIVING PROCLAMATION IN HIS NAME] the resurrection from the dead. And they laid hands on [arrested] them, and put them in custody [jail] until the next day: for it was now evening. But many of them [of the people] who **HEARD THE WORD [that Kepha and Yahchanan spoke] believed; and the number of the men was about five thousand.

**NOTE:

That is a lot of PEOPLE [MEN and woMEN] that HEARD THE WORD that Kepha and Yahchanan spoke, right? I would like you to note that Kepha and Yahchanan spoke to the people under the inspiration of Father Yahweh's spirit just as Yahshua had spoken unto the people when he was in their presence. Now, t8, Mike, and Pierre would like to have us believe that Yahshua was the LITERAL word of Father Yahweh that LITERALLY pre-existed with Him in the beginning as an actual being that was “a god”, but the fact is, Yahshua's title is called “The Word of Yahweh” in Revelation simply because he is the spokesman of his and our Father Yahweh's word in this last time period as Hebrews 1:1-2 make perfectly clear. Since Yahshua is now with the Father in accordance to what is recorded in this passage and in accordance to everything else recorded in the so-called “New Testament”, Kepha and Yahchanan are now being spokesmen of the truth of the word that they are speaking under the inspiration of Father Yahweh's spirit.

Now, I would ask that you please read the following link to Scripture and come back and finish the rest of what I have posted:

Yahchanan 14:12 – 17:26

Continuing on with the previous passage from Acts:

And it came to pass on the next day, that their rulers, and elders, and scribes, And Annas the high priest, and Caiaphas, and Yahchanan, and Alexander, and as many as were of the kindred of the high priest, were gathered together at Yerusalem. And when they had set them [Kepha and Yahchanan] in the midst, they asked, By what power, or BY WHAT NAME, have you done this? Then Kepha, FILLED WITH THE SET APART [“Holy”] SPIRIT, said unto them, You rulers of the people, and elders of Ysryl, If we at this time be examined of the righteous deed done to the crippled man, by what means he is made whole; Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Ysryl, that BY THE NAME OF YAHSHUA the Messiah of Nazareth, whom you executed, whom Yahweh raised from the dead, even by him does this man stand here before you whole. This is the stone which was rejected by you builders, WHICH HAS BECOME THE HEAD OF THE CORNER. Neither is there redemption in any other: FOR THERE IS NO OTHER NAME GIVEN [by Father Yahweh] AMONG MEN, by which we MUST be redeemed. Now when they saw the boldness of Kepha and Yahchanan, and perceived that they were unlearned and ordinary men, they marveled; and they took knowledge of them, that they had been with Yahshua. And beholding the man who was healed standing with them, they could say nothing against it. But when they had commanded them to go aside out of the council, they conferred among themselves, Saying, What shall we do to these men? for that indeed a notable miracle has been done by them is made known to all them that dwell in Yerusalem; and we cannot deny it. But that it spread no further among the people, let us sternly threaten them, that they speak no longer to any man IN THIS NAME. And they called them, and commanded them not to speak at all nor teach IN THE NAME YAHSHUA. But Kepha and Yahchanan answered and said unto them, Whether it be right in the sight of Yahweh to listen unto you more than unto Yahweh, you be the judge. For we cannot but speak the things which we have seen and heard. So when they had further threatened them, they let them go, finding nothing for which they might punish them, because of the people: for all men [“ABOUT 5,000”] ESTEEMED YAHWEH for that which was done. For the man was above forty years old, on whom this miracle of healing was showed. And being let go, they went to their own company, and reported all that the chief priests and elders had said unto them. And when they heard that, they lifted up their voice TO YAHWEH with one accord, and said, YAHWEH, You are the Mighty One, Who has made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and all that is in them: Who BY THE MOUTH OF YOUR SERVANT DAWID has said, Why did the nations rage, and the people imagine vain things? The kings of the earth stood up, and the rulers were gathered together against YAHWEH, AND against the one whom He anointed [YAHSHUA]. For of a truth against Your set apart [“holy”] son Yahshua, whom You have anointed, both Herod, and Pontius Pilate, with the Gentiles, and the people of Ysryl, were gathered together, To do whatsoever Your hand and Your counsel determined before to be done. And now, Yahweh, behold their threatenings: and grant unto Your servants, that with all boldness THEY MAY SPEAK YOUR WORD, By stretching forth Your hand to heal; and that signs and wonders may be done BY THE NAME OF YOUR SET APART [“HOLY”] SON YAHSHUA. And when they had prayed, the place was shaken where they were assembled together; and they were all filled with the set apart [“holy”] Spirit, AND THEY SPOKE THE WORD OF YAHWEH with boldness. And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that any of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common. And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Master Yahshua: and great favor was upon them all (Acts 4:1-33).  

“Jesus” most certainly is not the Messiah's GIVEN name, since “Jesus” is a Latino name and not a Hebrew name. Yahshua was born of Hebrew speaking parents and they certainly would have not been instructed to give their son a Latino name. Would you not find it odd to even find a Jewish man in this time period whose parents had given him the Latino name “Jesus”? I most certainly would! In fact, I have yet to meet a Jewish man who parents spoke the Hebrew language with a Latino name and most certainly doubt that I ever will.

FYI, the Hebrew name Yahshua (“Joshua” – Yes, he was given the same name as the prophet of old Yahshua [Joshua] ben [son of] Nun.) means 'Yahweh is Redeemer' which signifi
    es Father Yahweh as our Supreme Redeemer. In fact, the name 'Jesus' is simply a TRANSLATION of the Hebrew name Yeshua and both of these names are completely void of the Name of our Heavenly Father and Creator. The Hebrew name 'Yeshua' simply means 'he is redeemer' and does not signify who our Supreme Redeemer truly is. Yahshua (“Joshua”) is a TRANSLITERATION/TRANSCRIPTION of the Messiah's name and the name of the prophet of old. Note that Yahshua clearly made it known that he had come in the name of his Father (Yahchanan 5:43). Names are transliterated and transcribe in diverse languages and not translated. For example, if you hear or read the name of President John F. Kennedy on a Spanish speaking radio station or newspaper, they do not translate his name as JUAN F. Kennedy, but in fact speak and write (transliterate/transcribe) his name as it is spoken and written in our English language. This is what is called transliterating and transcribing.

Another fact that I would like to point out is that to say “Yahshua Messiah” (or “Jesus Christ”) is not proper and that Messiah (or “Christ”) is not a part of his name or a title, but is in fact the act that was performed in his being 'anointed' by Father Yahweh. So, to say “Yahshua THE Messiah (or “THE Anointed”) is how he should be properly addressed.

The Name Yahweh (1)

The Name Yahweh (2)

YHWH

YHWH 600 B.C.E.

THE NAME JESUS

Did The Father And The Son Have The Same Name?

WHO IS THE WORD?
    John Chapter One

Exodus 32
    By Voy Wilks
    3/9/98

The Pre-existence
    By Voy Wilks
    1/29/92

“Jesus IS God!”?

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Sep. 17 2012,15:34)
    To all,

Please cut down on the length of your post as the effect of such posts it to reduce the understanding I can glean from them.  Thank you!

kerwin,

It would be quite difficult for me to discuss and have a study with someone by simply using few words. So, I would ask that if you do not approve of my long posts, that you simply ignore them and move on the the shorter posts that you seem adore. Either that or simply deal with it!

Since you are in the suggestion mood, I would suggest that you make sense in the short posts that you do make, since in the following post that you just previously made you certainly have made no sense at all:

To all,

Jesus declared Jehovah/Yawheh is his and his followers God and Lord and yet Paul teaches there is but one Lord and one God.  Does that mean Jesus is not Lord?  Of course not.  God is Jehovah's/Yawheh's ultimate title while Lord is Jesus'.

Jesus is the one Lord and his Lord is Jehovah/Yawheh, the one true God; the source of all good things.

Why are there some here that deny that Jehovah is Jesus' Lord even though they know Jesus declared him to be?

WHO IS THE WORD?
    John Chapter One

Exodus 32
    By Voy Wilks
    3/9/98

The Pre-existence
    By Voy Wilks
    1/29/92

“Jesus IS God!”?

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Sep. 18 2012,08:38)

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ Sep. 15 2012,18:06)

Okay Frank.

Then let's use the Hebrew words “el”, “eloah”, and “elohim”.

Do you think Yahweh is LITERALLY the ONLY “el” in existence?  YES or NO?

Do you acknowledge that many of Yahweh's faithful servants were also called “elohim”?  YES or NO?

And do you suppose that those faithful servants of Yahweh were “false elohim”?  YES or NO?

Mike,

The words “el”, “eloah”, “elohim”, “adon”, and  “adonia” are also of pagan origin. It seems that you are still hard of hearing and seeing although you do have ears and eyes.   :laugh:

WHO IS THE WORD?
    John Chapter One

Exodus 32
    By Voy Wilks
    3/9/98

The Pre-existence
    By Voy Wilks
    1/29/92

“Jesus IS God!”?

kerwin
    Participant

Frank,

El is used in the Hebrew language as a name of God.  The El in Elohim is one example but others exist.

here are some examples.

What I said was quite clear to those that have ears without me needing to multiply words without meaning.

Even my local newspaper limits letters to the editor to 250 words.  

Humility is a good thing to learn as is saying much with few words.

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Sep. 18 2012,10:20)

KERWIN,

THE TRUTH IS:

GOD JEHOVAH OR JESUS???

Charles

Charles,

Jehovah sent Jonah to the people of Nineveh; a Gentile people, and they repented and turned to God.  This is recorded in the book of Jonah.

kerwin,

Now in that short post you did make senses! It seems that Charles have been greatly deceived into believing that the so-called “Old Testament” was “for Jews only”. No Charles, what you have said is not truth, but is in fact a lie! Father Yahweh's instruction (torah, law, commandment, precept, charge, teaching) has always been and will forever be for “ALL Nations …” and for all of mankind!

“ALL Nations …”

Father Yahweh Instruction

WHO IS THE WORD?
    John Chapter One

Exodus 32
    By Voy Wilks
    3/9/98

The Pre-existence
    By Voy Wilks
    1/29/92

“Jesus IS God!”?

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Sep. 18 2012,06:51)
    Frank,

El is used in the Hebrew language as a name of God.  The El in Elohim is one example but others exist.

here are some examples.

What I said was quite clear to those that have ears without me needing to multiply words without meaning.

Frank,

The true faith came first and not the pagan.  The pagan sects are corruptions of the true faith.  Balaam is said to worship the one true God even though his God is the Baal of Peor.  I believe it is inferred he was a heretic in Revelations.

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Sep. 18 2012,11:51)
    Frank,

here are some examples.

kerwin,

In my study of Scripture I have noted that when our Heavenly Father and Creator is made mention of by “NAME”, the word 'NAME' is always in the singular and never in the plural. Father Yahweh has ONLY ONE NAME and not “many names” as many deceptively teach.

The Name Yahweh (1)

The Name Yahweh (2)

YHWH

YHWH 600 B.C.E.

WHO IS THE WORD?
    John Chapter One

Exodus 32
    By Voy Wilks
    3/9/98

The Pre-existence
    By Voy Wilks
    1/29/92

“Jesus IS God!”?

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Sep. 18 2012,11:59)

Quote (kerwin @ Sep. 18 2012,06:51)
    Frank,

here are some examples.

Frank,

The true faith came first and not the pagan.  The pagan sects are corruptions of the true faith.  Balaam is said to worship the one true God even though his God is the Baal of Peor.  I believe it is inferred he was a heretic in Revelations.

kerwin,

And where have you ever found me saying “The pagan faith came first.” NOWHERE!   :laugh:

WHO IS THE WORD?
    John Chapter One

Exodus 32
    By Voy Wilks
    3/9/98

The Pre-existence
    By Voy Wilks
    1/29/92

“Jesus IS God!”?

limjunus
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Sep. 18 2012,01:04)

Quote (limjunus @ Sep. 17 2012,23:54)

Quote (jammin @ Sep. 17 2012,16:52)

Quote (limjunus @ Sep. 17 2012,15:03)

Quote (jammin @ Sep. 17 2012,01:16)
    limjunus said:Who told you that Jesus Christ is God

John 20:28

GOD’S WORD Translation (GW)

28 Thomas responded to Jesus, “My Lord and my God!”

i believe what thomas said to jesus.

he is God and Lord.

——-
    make your own bible boy LOL

Jammin,

Did Thomas hath proclaimed that Jesus Christ, is the one and only true God?  Yes or NO?

The reaction/respond of Thomas to the justification of Jesus Christ that he was raised by God from the dead, should be concluded that Thomas is proclaiming that the one and only true God, is Jesus Christ. You are absolutely wrong Jammin.

Do you believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God? Yes or No?

Who is the one and only true God hath introduced by Jesus Christ and the apostles, the Father or the Son? (John 17:1-3 / 1 Cor. 8:6 NLT).

So, it's up to you to believe which is the rightful conclusion, Yours or the conclusion of the great teachers of God?

so therefore you believe that he is God just like thomas said but not the ONLY TRUE GOD. is that what you mean???

thomas said to jesus he is God. do you believe that?? yes or no??

oh i remember that you are using OH MY GOD in this verse john 20.28
    LOL

when will you publish your own version of john 20.28???

try to use your OH MY GOD version to support your imagination boy LOL

Jammin,

My answer is NO!

Apostle Thomas did not teaches us that Jesus Christ is God.  It is only your own understanding and conclusion.

ah i see..
    let me post what thomas said

john 20.28
    thomas said to jesus my Lord and my God!

sorry boy but the bible is clear.
    make your own bible LOL

make your OH MY GOD version LOL

Jammin,

Again. My answer is NO!

Apostle Thomas did not teaches us that Jesus Christ is God.

Thomas is not in the act of preaching when he has been proved unbeliever by Jesus.

Thomas, was shocked, while he was in a state of extreme emotion, responded to Jesus with a big bang!.

“Exclaiming with a deep regret for the error of his believe.

Why not read the verses 24 to 28 to find out if I am telling a lie?

… or you really do not want to face the truth about it.

I'll repeat, Thomas is not telling that Jesus is his God. It is only your own in-correct understanding and conclusion.

So, you have a choice. You can chose which one is the rightful conclusion. Yours or Jesus Christ and his apostles conclusion?

Jesus, concluded: “THAT THEY MAY KNOW YOU (FATHER) THE ONLY TRUE GOD.

Apostle Paul, concluded: “FOR US” THERE IS ONLY ONE GOD, THE FATHER.”

Jammin concluded: “THAT THEY MAY KNOW THE SON,[replacing the word Father] THE ONLY TRUE GOD” John 17:1-3

Jammin concluded: “FOR US, THERE IS ONLY ONE GOD, THE SON [replacing again the word Father]

Do not twisted the truth Jammin. Father means not Son. Yes or No?

limjunus
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Sep. 18 2012,01:05)

Quote (limjunus @ Sep. 17 2012,17:21)

Quote (jammin @ Sep. 17 2012,16:50)
    limjunus,

you talk too much.

i just want you to answer yes or no

paul said Christ is the ONLY LORD.

so therefore if im going to follow your argument, bec paul also said that the father is the only GOD, the father is not LORD to you?

yes or no?

i do not want many words boy.
    just say yes or no

Jammin,

as what I have post, in some instances, you should followed me literally but not in the words of “ONLY ONE LORD, JESUS CHRIST” … you must understand why apostle Paul, hath instructed the chosen people of God, that they have only one Lord, Jesus Christ, with the exception to the rules.

Meaning: Jesus Christ is only one Lord for being the head of his church but not for being the Lord God. Col. 1:18.

It isn't clear for you?

Then, you have a big problem with your belief.

ill repeat
    so therefore if im going to follow your argument, bec paul also said that the father is the only GOD, the father is not LORD to you?

yes or no?

Jammin,

Recycling question? need to be answered with recycling answers.

Read back kiddie boy!

limjunus
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Sep. 18 2012,10:20)

KERWIN,

THE TRUTH IS:

GOD JEHOVAH OR JESUS???

Charles

Charles,

Jehovah sent Jonah to the people of Nineveh; a Gentile people, and they repented and turned to God.  This is recorded in the book of Jonah.

Requesting to all,

Please, jot down the verses, books and chapters as your references in any post in regards with the Bible context.

Thank you.

Peace :D

limjunus
    Participant

Quote (carmel @ Sep. 18 2012,08:21)

Limjunus

Correction:

John 17:3 Now this is eternal life: That they may know thee, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

THE ONLY TRUE GOD ,AND JESUS CHRIST

THE ONLY TRUE GOD ON ITS OWN IS NOT SUFFICIENT REGARDING HUMAN BEINGS.

CHRIST IS THE GOD OF ALL FLESH.

WITHOUT JESUS CHRIST HUMANS ARE DEAD.

WITHOUT A GOD OF THEIR OWN SUBSTANCE HUMANS ARE WITHOUT A FATHER.

THE FATHER EXISTS ONLY THROUGH JESUS CHRIST FOR HUMANS

THE SPIRIT BEINGS HAVE THE FATHER AS THEIR GOD.

HUMANS AS CARNAL,AND MORTALS HAD SATAN AS THEIR god.

SO GOD SEND HIS SON IN ORDER TO BE TRULY AND FULLY EFFICIENT GOD EVEN FOR ALREADY CONDEMNED SINFULL CREATURES.

HE BECAME THE FATHER OF BOTH RIGHTEOUS SPRITUAL CREATURES AND SINFULL CARNAL CREATURES ONLY THROUGH JESUS.

THE FATHER AS A SPIRIT COULD NOT ACHIEVE WHAT HE ACHIEVED THROUGH JESUS AS GOD MAN.

THE FATHER EVEN ADDED TO HIS VIRTUES THROUGH JESUS AS GOD MAN.

THE FATHER ACQUIRED ALL THE HUMAN ATTRIBUTES,ALTHOUGH HE IS A SPIRIT BEING.

THEREFORE HE BECAME THE TRUE GOD,AND JESUS CHRIST.

SO THROUGH JESUS

HUMANS HAVE

OF THEIR OWN SUBSTANCE A TRUE:

GOD

FATHER

BROTHER.

REDEEMER.

RECREATOR
    BEFORE FOR HUMANS THERE WAS NO GOD SINCE WE WERE ALREADY CONDEMNED

John 3:18He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is CONDEMNED ALREADY………..

BELIEVE IN GOD ONLY IS NOT SUFFIECIENT,BUT BELIEVE IN JESUS IS SUFFIECIENT.

SO JESUS IS THE TRUTH, JESUS IS THE TRUE GOD.

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

John 17:3 Now this is eternal life: That they may know thee, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

Charles post: “THE ONLY TRUE GOD ,AND JESUS CHRIST”

[what he really mean is Jesus Christ was included in the phrases of “THE ONLY TRUE GOD” by twisting the proper grammar of the context; capitalizing the word “and”]

Another incorrect understanding and conclusion under the quest of a grammatically wrong., now by Charles.

The subject matter in question (knowing) is “who is the only one true God, Jesus Christ or his Father in heaven?

Jesus Christ and his Apostles were already cleared it and it was documented almost two century's ago.

(a.) Knowing who is the Father?

Here is the very cleared answered from Jesus and from his Apostles:

“This is the eternal life, that they may know you (Father) the only true God.

“For us, there is only one God, the Father..”

(b.) Knowing who is Jesus Christ?

Here is the very cleared answered from Jesus himself:

and Jesus Christ, is the one whom you (Father) hath sent.

Do you believe that the Father is the only true God?
    Just answer Yes or No?

Do you believe that the only true God, hath sent Jesus Christ? Just answer Yes or No?

Do you agree with me that the meaning of the words “only true God, meaning is Almighty God or Oneness? Just answer Yes or No.?[/U]

limjunus
    Participant

Quote (carmel @ Sep. 18 2012,08:21)

Limjunus

Correction:

THE ONLY TRUE GOD ,AND JESUS CHRIST

THE ONLY TRUE GOD ON ITS OWN IS NOT SUFFICIENT REGARDING HUMAN BEINGS.

CHRIST IS THE GOD OF ALL FLESH.

WITHOUT JESUS CHRIST HUMANS ARE DEAD.

WITHOUT A GOD OF THEIR OWN SUBSTANCE HUMANS ARE WITHOUT A FATHER.

THE FATHER EXISTS ONLY THROUGH JESUS CHRIST FOR HUMANS

THE SPIRIT BEINGS HAVE THE FATHER AS THEIR GOD.

HUMANS AS CARNAL,AND MORTALS HAD SATAN AS THEIR god.

SO GOD SEND HIS SON IN ORDER TO BE TRULY AND FULLY EFFICIENT GOD EVEN FOR ALREADY CONDEMNED SINFULL CREATURES.

HE BECAME THE FATHER OF BOTH RIGHTEOUS SPRITUAL CREATURES AND SINFULL CARNAL CREATURES ONLY THROUGH JESUS.

THE FATHER AS A SPIRIT COULD NOT ACHIEVE WHAT HE ACHIEVED THROUGH JESUS AS GOD MAN.

THE FATHER EVEN ADDED TO HIS VIRTUES THROUGH JESUS AS GOD MAN.

THE FATHER ACQUIRED ALL THE HUMAN ATTRIBUTES,ALTHOUGH HE IS A SPIRIT BEING.

THEREFORE HE BECAME THE TRUE GOD,AND JESUS CHRIST.

SO THROUGH JESUS

HUMANS HAVE

OF THEIR OWN SUBSTANCE A TRUE:

GOD

FATHER

BROTHER.

REDEEMER.

RECREATOR
    BEFORE FOR HUMANS THERE WAS NO GOD SINCE WE WERE ALREADY CONDEMNED

John 3:18He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is CONDEMNED ALREADY………..

BELIEVE IN GOD ONLY IS NOT SUFFIECIENT,BUT BELIEVE IN JESUS IS SUFFIECIENT.

SO JESUS IS THE TRUTH, JESUS IS THE TRUE GOD.

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

Carmel,

Men has been separated from their God, because of their iniquities. Jesus Christ is the “mediator between men and God, so that they could return to the living God. Jesus Christ is a man and not God. (1 Tim 2:5)

limjunus
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Sep. 18 2012,09:08)

Quote (limjunus @ Sep. 16 2012,03:15)
    Is there a spiritual benefit by opposing the doctrines of our Lord Jesus Christ?

He is vividly saying the truth about God.  “THAT WE MUST KNOW THE THE ONLY TRUE GOD, IS HIS FATHER” attested by his apostles and the prophets of God.

limjunis,

I don't oppose any doctrines of God, or of His Son Jesus Christ – who is ALSO called a god in scripture.

I started a thread called “Indeed there are many gods” just for YOU – yet you haven't come to that thread yet.

Why not come over there and discuss this issue?

Do you remember when Jesus told the man, “Why do you call me good?  Only God is good.” ?

Do you suppose Jesus was telling the man that EVERY human and spirit being who ever lived (except for God) was BAD?  

Is your Lord Jesus a BAD person, limjunis?  Or do you suppose it was an EMPHATICAL STATEMENT meant to teach that God is MORE good than any other being?

I hope you understand that it is the latter meaning.  And if you can understand that, then you should also be able to understand that “only true theos” doesn't mean that JESUS (who is also a theos) is a “FALSE THEOS”.  It was an EMPHATICAL STATEMENT.

Consider that the Greek word “theos” just means “mighty one”.  What Jesus taught is that Jehovah is the “only true mighty one“.   Now, should we take that statement LITERALLY, and conclude that NOBODY ELSE, INCLUDING JESUS HIMSELF, is a “mighty one”?  Should we conclude that Jesus is a “false mighty one”???

Mike,

I have already answered all your questions.

I'll repeat, in some instances, we should read and take literally some passages in the Bible, and other passages not to be taken literally.

Like the words, “everything were placed under the feet of Jesus Christ, it was clarified by apostle Paul, not including the God and Father of Jesus Christ. (1 Cor. 15:27-28)

The same phrases “only one Lord, Jesus Christ” it doesn't mean, God is not to be called Lord.

But the words “For us, there is only one God, the Father, we must take it and understand it literally.

Because, the phrases is the equivalent of the words “almighty God” … the exact and complete meaning of the word ONENESS.

Viewing 20 posts - 10,321 through 10,340 (of 25,909 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account