JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 9,661 through 9,680 (of 25,926 total)
  • Author
    mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 20 2012,17:09)
    Hi Mike,

Because that is not the bible's message.
    The bible's message is that there are no other gods.

No Ed,

That's YOUR message. The BIBLE'S messages is “indeed there are many gods” – as you're slowly beginning to learn in the thread by that name. :)

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 21 2012,10:44)

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ Aug. 20 2012,16:51)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 21 2012,08:24)

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ Aug. 20 2012,14:56)
    Mike,

It would be deceptive to acknowledge such possibilities!

Could you tell me WHY, Frank?

Mike,

Because Yahshua did not pre-exist his birth as an actual being.

Wow Frank.   That's a pretty cynical stance – being afraid to even consider the FACTS of the matter, just because those facts might go against your doctrine.  ???

(Oh, and btw, no one “deceived me” about scriptural truth.  I was an atheist who read the Bible for the first time about 3 years ago.  I read it by myself, alone.  Since then I've read it 3 more times, and have just started again for the 5th time.  When I joined this site, it was to scripturally disprove the Trinity Doctrine.  I seriously had no idea, in all my 47 years, that there even existed people who thought Jesus didn't pre-exist his flesh.  One time, I checked out the “Pre-Existence” thread, just to see what it even meant.  I was SHOCKED to learn that people who claimed to have read the Bible could believe such an asinine thing that flies in the face of SO many scriptures.

Yet here we are, a couple of years later.  :) )

Now Frank, why not put your personal doctrine aside for just a second, and consider the facts about the translation of John 1:1c from Greek to English.  It is an undeniable FACT that there are THREE ways it can be translated into English.  There is nothing to be “deceived” about, for it is simply grammatical translational FACTS I'm trying to discuss with you.

Wow Mike,

As of yet you have not presented any facts! :D

Satan has deceived you! Satan knows what your so-called “Holy Bible” says better than you! :D

I was SHOCKED to learn that people who claimed to have STUDIED SCRIPTURE could believe such an asinine thing as “Jesus pre-existed his birth as “a god” in the face of SO many Scriptures that clearly teach that he came into existence in this last time period as “a man”.

I do not have a personal doctrine to put aside! :D

It is NOT an undeniable FACT that there are THREE ways Yahchanan [John] 1:1 can be translated into English.

You are most definitely deceived that Yahshua pre-existed his birth as “a god”! :D

Your trying to discuss with me grammatical translational FACTS when in it is quite obvious that you have no knowledge whatsoever of such facts? :D

ELOHIM: ONE, OR MORE THAN ONE?
    Exodus 32
    By Voy Wilks
    3/9/98

The Pre-existence
    Philippians 2:5-11
    By Voy Wilks
    1/29/92

WHO IS THE WORD?
    John Chapter One

Did Yahshua Create Or Pre-exist His Birth?

“Jesus IS God!”?

terraricca
    Participant

edj

Hi Mike,

and stay away from all other gods right ??? YES

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 21 2012,10:52)

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ Aug. 20 2012,17:07)
    Mike,

1.  The fact is, “the Word [DID COME] TO BE IN SOMEONE [YAHSHUA] WHO WAS ALREADY FLESH”.  

2.  Unfortunately for your understanding,  Yahchanan [John] 1:14 says “the Word BECAME flesh”.

Frank,

1.  Can you show me the word “IN” in the Greek text of John 1:14?

2.  Yes, that is the correct translation of 1:14.  

Jesus is the Word + The Word became flesh = Jesus became flesh and dwelled among us with the only possible glory he could have had as God's only begotten Son.

Do YOU know what glory the Word dwelled among us with, Frank?  (Hint:  John 1:14)

Mike,

So, you now openly admit that you do not believe that Father Yahweh's word (spirit, truth), was IN Yahshua, right? ???

Nowhere in ANY Scripture translation does it ever say “Jesus is the Word.”

Exodus 32
    By Voy Wilks
    3/9/98

The Pre-existence
    By Voy Wilks
    1/29/92

WHO IS THE WORD?
    John Chapter One

“Jesus IS God!”?

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 21 2012,11:25)

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 20 2012,17:09)
    Hi Mike,

No Ed,

That's YOUR message.  The BIBLE'S messages is “indeed there are many gods” – as you're slowly beginning to learn in the thread by that name.  :)

There is no other source of power, might or strength [“god”] other than Father Yahweh! All other so-called “gods” are powerless!

Exodus 32
    By Voy Wilks
    3/9/98

The Pre-existence
    By Voy Wilks
    1/29/92

WHO IS THE WORD?
    John Chapter One

“Jesus IS God!”?

jammin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 21 2012,11:21)

Quote (jammin @ Aug. 20 2012,18:07)
    it is not god but God.

Wrong again.  In the Greek texts, which were written in all caps, it would be “GOD”.  But feel free to keep teaching me about Greek, jammin.

for those who studied greek, they know the right usage of the word.
    they will never agree to you mike. those who does not know greek, will agree to you. maybe….

sorry mike, your god doctrine about Christ is not really in the bible.
    only your NWT supports your doctrine, but that translation is obviously biased. JW made their own bible just to support their illusion.
    most bibles never agree to your john 1.1 doctrine.
    most scholars will surely never agree to you mike.

commentaries will also never agree to you.
    only your nwt supports your god doctrine about christ.
    make another bible to make it two LOL

jammin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 21 2012,11:21)

Quote (jammin @ Aug. 20 2012,18:07)
    it is not god but God.

Wrong again.  In the Greek texts, which were written in all caps, it would be “GOD”.  But feel free to keep teaching me about Greek, jammin.

non sense.
    for those who studied greek, they know what to use.
    let me post john 1.18
    New International Version (©1984)
    No one has ever seen God, but God the One and Only, who is at the Father's side, has made him known.

New Living Translation (©2007)
    No one has ever seen God. But the unique One, who is himself God, is near to the Father's heart. He has revealed God to us.

English Standard Version (©2001)
    No one has ever seen God; the only God, who is at the Father’s side, he has made him known.

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
    No one has seen God at any time; the only begotten God who is in the bosom of the Father, He has explained Him.

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
    No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

International Standard Version (©2008)
    No one has ever seen God. The unique God, who is close to the Father's side, has revealed him.

Aramaic Bible in Plain English (©2010)
    No man has seen God at any time; The Only Begotten God Who is in the bosom of The Father, he has declared him.”

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
    No one has ever seen God. God's only Son, the one who is closest to the Father's heart, has made him known.

King James 2000 Bible (©2003)
    No man has seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, he has declared him.

American King James Version
    No man has seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he has declared him.

American Standard Version
    No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him .

Douay-Rheims Bible
    No man hath seen God at any time: the only begotten Son who is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

Darby Bible Translation
    No one has seen God at any time; the only-begotten Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

English Revised Version
    No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

Webster's Bible Translation
    No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

Weymouth New Testament
    No human eye has ever seen God: the only Son, who is in the Father's bosom–He has made Him known.

World English Bible
    No one has seen God at any time. The one and only Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, he has declared him.

Young's Literal Translation
    God no one hath ever seen; the only begotten Son, who is on the bosom of the Father — he did declare.

——-
    i did not see god there. what i can read is God and not god boy. LOL

sorry mike, you have no knowledge about it. you just want your doctrine to be accpted by men but no supporting verses. purely illusion mike.
    only your NWT supports your dctrine. obviously, a biased version(NWT) LOL

limjunus
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Aug. 20 2012,16:57)
    limjunus,

sorry but ur understanding is wrong about jn 1.18 LOL

you should make your own bible boy before talking to me so that your illusion will be supported LOL

God is nature according to paul phil 2.6
    they have one nature, and that is their nature God.

do you have two nature boy?? lol

go back to school LOL

Jammin, answer my questions first before you can said that I am in my illusion.

THE QUESTIONS THAT JAMMIN DID NOT ANSWER AND MAY BE HE SHALL NEVER ANSWER IT FOR THE REST OF HIS LIFE.

1.) Who is the One and only true God, the begotten Son of God or the Father, who had begotten the Son?

2.) Where in the Bible that we could read that the One and only true God composed of two or three persons?

3.) Who is the one has been crucified and died in the cross, Jesus Christ, or the One and only true God

Jammin, is caught in the act, his lips closed and can not make the rightful answers. he he he

You just stick with your imagination and may be remained dumb with my questions. :D

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 21 2012,11:19)

Quote (jammin @ Aug. 20 2012,18:04)
    LOL

sorry mike but i think you should really go to school mike.
    that is for your own good.

jammin,

This is just “trash talk”.  It often comes into play on this forum when certain people can't actually confirm or support the things they claim.  When it comes to the point that they know they can't actually answer the questions asked by others (like the three questions limjunis has REPEATEDLY asked you), then those of us who are “small minded” resort to trash talking in an effort to divert peoples' attention away from the fact that they simply can't answer the questions or address the points.

There really is no room for this kind of stuff on a Christian scriptural discussion forum, is there?

Hi Jammin,

Mike is learning more Hebrew and Greek every day.

I suggest that both of you:

focus on the “Textus Receptus” – as the “Official Greek Text”!

and likewise, the “Masoretic Text” as the “Official Hebrew Text”!

…and furthermore – The “AKJV Bible” as the “Official English Text”!

Your brother
    in Christ, Jesus.
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    holycitybiblecode.org

limjunus
    Participant

Quote (carmel @ Aug. 20 2012,17:12)

limjunus,Aug. wrote:

[/quote]

(c.) “He has revealed God to us.” (Jesus Christ is the one who revealed God to us; Jesus Christ is not the One and only true God)

Limjunus,

These are you words:

(c.) “He has revealed God to us.”

BY BEING A MAN LIKE US,THEREFORE THE TRUE VISISBLE GOD,THE INVISIBLE ONE NEVER ESTABLISHED HIMSELF,NO MATTER HOW MANY MIRACLES HE DID THROGUHOUT CREATION,TILL JESUS CAME.
    EVEN TODAY THE OT GOD STILL IS A CONFUSION, THE REASON THAT HE HAD TO COME AS HUMAN BEING IN HIS SON, IN A MODE TO SAY ONLY, FOR US TO UNDERSTAND THE RELATION BETWEEN GOD AND HIS OWN GENUINE SPIRIT SUBSTANCE BUT VISIBLE.

(Jesus Christ is the one who revealed God to us;

AGAIN THE ONLY WAY FOR THE FATHER TO REVEAL HIMSELF,WAS ONLY IN BEING LIKE HIS OWN CREATURES IN ORDER TO INTEGRATED AND MAKE IT FURTHER POSIBLE TO ACCEPT HIM

Jesus Christ is not the One and only true God)

SO YOU ARE WRONG FOR HUMANS THERE ARE NO VISIBLE CARNAL GODS EXCEPT JESUS SINCE THROUGH HIM THEY WERE BORN AGAIN IN THE SPIRIT AND WERE RECONCILED ONTO HIMSELF TO BE ONE WITH HIM AND IN THE SAME INSTANT WITH THE FATHER.

SO ONLY THROUGH JESUS AS THE TRUE BROTHER.
    THEY HAVE THE TRUE  FATHER, THE  TRUE LORD,  AND THE TRUE GOD.

PEACE AND LOVE IN THE ONLY TRUE VISIBLE GOD.

CHARLES

Carmel said:

“AGAIN THE ONLY WAY FOR THE FATHER TO REVEAL HIMSELF,WAS ONLY IN BEING LIKE HIS OWN CREATURES IN ORDER TO INTEGRATED AND MAKE IT FURTHER POSIBLE TO ACCEPT HIM”

SO YOU ARE WRONG FOR HUMANS THERE ARE NO VISIBLE CARNAL GODS EXCEPT JESUS SINCE THROUGH HIM THEY WERE BORN AGAIN IN THE SPIRIT AND WERE RECONCILED ONTO HIMSELF TO BE ONE WITH HIM AND IN THE SAME INSTANT WITH THE FATHER.

Carmel, that's your own opinion and comprehension without the support of the Biblical truth.

Here is the Biblical truth about how we could be known the One and only true God.

Romans 1:19-21 J.B. Phillips New Testament (PHILLIPS)

18-21 Now the holy anger of God is disclosed from Heaven against the godlessness and evil of those men who render truth dumb and inoperative by their wickedness. It is not that they do not know the truth about God; indeed he has made it quite plain to them. For since the beginning of the world the invisible attributes of God, e.g. his eternal power and divinity, have been plainly discernible through things which he has made and which are commonly seen and known, thus leaving these men without a rag of excuse. They knew all the time that there is a God, yet they refused to acknowledge him as such, or to thank him for what he is or does. Thus they became fatuous in their argumentations, and plunged their silly minds still further into the dark.

Take note the ff messages, Carmel.

“It is not that they do not know the truth about God; indeed he has made it quite plain to them. For since the beginning of the world the invisible attributes of God, e.g. his eternal power and divinity, have been plainly discernible through things which he has made and which are commonly seen and known, thus leaving these men without a rag of excuse.”

Carmel, “have been plainly discernible through things which he has made and which are commonly seen and known,

God, even though he is invisible, he can be seen through the things he has made.

What else the other way that we could understand, God and about him?

1 John 5:20 Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)

20 And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding. So now we can know the one who is true, and we live in that true God. We are in his Son, Jesus Christ. He is the true God, and he is eternal life.

Hebrews 1:1-2 Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)

God Has Spoken Through His Son

1.) In the past God spoke to our people through the prophets. He spoke to them many times and in many different ways.

2.) And now in these last days, God has spoken to us again through his Son. He made the whole world through his Son. And he has chosen his Son to have all things.

So, what is the Son of God told us, about who is the One and only true God and the eternal life?

John 17:1 Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)

1.) After Jesus said these things, he looked toward heaven and prayed, “Father, the time has come. Give glory to your Son so that the Son can give glory to you.

3.) And this is eternal life: that people can know you [Father], the only true God, and that they can know Jesus Christ, the one you sent.

The great messenger and spokesman of God, very clearly spoke to us, that to know his Father, the only true God, is the eternal life and the rightful wisdom from God. “THIS THE TRUE GOD AND ETERNAL LIFE, TO KNOW MY FATHER IS THE ONLY TRUE GOD”

Carmel, the above wisdom is not my own opinion and it is very plainly truth from the Bible.

Peace. :D

jammin
    Participant

Quote (limjunus @ Aug. 21 2012,15:07)

Quote (jammin @ Aug. 20 2012,16:57)
    limjunus,

sorry but ur understanding is wrong about jn 1.18 LOL

you should make your own bible boy before talking to me so that your illusion will be supported LOL

God is nature according to paul phil 2.6
    they have one nature, and that is their nature God.

do you have two nature boy?? lol

go back to school LOL

Jammin, answer my questions first before you can said that I am in my illusion.

THE QUESTIONS THAT JAMMIN DID NOT ANSWER AND MAY BE HE SHALL NEVER ANSWER IT FOR THE REST OF HIS LIFE.

1.)  Who is the One and only true God, the begotten Son of God or the Father, who had begotten the Son?

2.) Where in the Bible that we could read that the One and only true God composed of two or three persons?

3.) Who is the one has been crucified and died in the cross, Jesus Christ, or the One and only true God

Jammin, is caught in the act, his lips closed and can not make the rightful answers.  he he he

You just stick with your imagination and may be remained dumb with my questions.  :D

how can i answer a person without common sense??? LOL

have you forgotten that you are trying to prove that Christ is not God using your favorite version NLT ??? LOL

sad to say, bec your NLT believes Christ is God. LOL

go back to school and study common sense LOL

jammin
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 21 2012,15:09)

LOL

jammin,

This is just “trash talk”.  It often comes into play on this forum when certain people can't actually confirm or support the things they claim.  When it comes to the point that they know they can't actually answer the questions asked by others (like the three questions limjunis has REPEATEDLY asked you), then those of us who are “small minded” resort to trash talking in an effort to divert peoples' attention away from the fact that they simply can't answer the questions or address the points.

There really is no room for this kind of stuff on a Christian scriptural discussion forum, is there?

Hi Jammin,

Your brother
    in Christ, Jesus.
    holycitybiblecode.org

both of you can be classmates boy

jammin
    Participant

i think this limjunus is a filipino. LOL
    study common sense boy LOL

limjunus
    Participant

Carmel,

How we would recognize Jesus Christ?

Let the Biblical truth reveal the answers.

John 17:3 Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)

3.) And this is eternal life: that people can know you [Father], the only true God, and that they can know Jesus Christ, the one you sent.”

Carmel, … and that they can know Jesus Christ, the one you sent.”

John 3:34 TEV

“The one whom God has sent speaks God's words, because God gives him the fullness of his Spirit.”

John 4:34 TEV

“My food,” Jesus said to them, “is to obey the will of the one who sent me and to finish the work he gave me to do.”

John 5:29 TEV

I can do nothing on my own authority; I judge only as God tells me, so my judgment is right, because I am not trying to do what I want, but only what he who sent me wants.

John 5:36 TEV

“And the Father, who sent me, also testifies on my behalf. You have never heard his voice or seen his face,”

John 7:16 King James Version (KJV)
    “Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.”

John 5:23 TEV
    “I am telling you the truth: whoever hears my words and believes in him who sent me has eternal life. He will not be judged, but has already passed from death to life.

Carmel, Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior told us to hear or listen to what he have teaches us. He is telling us the truth about God.

The truth is, 'WE SHOULD BELIEVE THAT THE ONE AND ONLY TRUE GOD IS HIS “FATHER ALONE” and we should accept that he (Jesus Christ) has been sent by the ONE AND ONLY TRUE GOD.

and hear this also, Carmel. “

“John 13:16 NKJV
    “Most assuredly, I say to you, a servant is not greater than his master; nor is he who is sent greater than he who sent him.”

Father is the sender and greater than the sent, Jesus Christ. THE TRUE ONLY GOD, DID NOT SENT HIMSELF BUT HE SENT THE “CHRIST' THE SO CALLED THE BEGOTTEN SON OF GOD THE HEIRS OF EVERYTHING CREATED BY GOD.

Peace.

:D

limjunus
    Participant

Carmel,

What is the doctrines of Christ about himself?

John 8:40 King James Version (KJV)

“But now ye seek to kill me, “A MAN” that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham.”

What the apostles told us about Jesus Christ?

Acts 2:22 King James Version (KJV)

“Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:”

1 Timothy 2:5 King James Version (KJV)

“For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, “THE MAN” Christ Jesus;”

Carmel, the above messages is not from my own opinion. It is the truth plainly come from the Biblical testimony.

Peace. :D

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Aug. 21 2012,16:25)

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 21 2012,15:09)

LOL

jammin,

Hi Jammin,

Your brother
    in Christ, Jesus.
    holycitybiblecode.org

both of you can be classmates boy

Hi Jammin,

What, do you suggest, should be the focus of our studies?

God bless
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

kerwin
    Participant

To all,

This is the start of my College year and I chose to be a full time student. That will limit my time.

limjunus
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 21 2012,08:01)

Quote (limjunus @ Aug. 19 2012,23:04)
    (a.)”No one has ever seen God.” (Because he is invisible 1 Tim 1:17 NLT.)

(b.) “But the unique one, who is himself God, is near to Father's heart.” ( a God near the God's heart?…Crushing or a contradiction with the Oneness of the only true God)

(c.) “He has revealed God to us.” (Jesus Christ is the one who revealed God to us; Jesus Christ is not the One and only true God)

I know, limjunis.  It's just silly if you ask me.  Here is the NIV translation:

A.  No one has EVER seen God………. but John wrote this AFTER many people had seen Jesus.  ???

B.  but God the One and Only………. Jesus is “God the ONE and ONLY”?   ???  

C.  who is at the Father's side……………..  God the ONE and ONLY is “at the Father's side”?  Does that mean the Father is NOT “God the ONE and ONLY”?   ???

D.  has made Him known…………Made WHO known?  WHO exactly did Jesus make known? (John 17:26)  And how can “God the ONE and ONLY” have a God of his own?  ???

Anyway, good post limjunis.  I see jammin is again refusing to actually address the points I'm making, choosing instead to play games and make accusations.  How typical of him.

Mike,

Jammin, is alway running away and ignoring the questions addressed to him. He want only his arguments to be disscussed and do not like to be questioned.

He always question this: “How many nature you have “boy”? One or two?

Diverting the main issue to the matter that's not relevant.

Here is the relevant question with the main issue.

Christ Jesus is “A MAN” … Ref. John 8:40 / 1 Tim 2:5 / Acts 2:22 KJV.

If a man has one nature, Now, how many nature Christ Jesus has?

If the truly God, has only one nature, Christ Jesus could not be a truly God, because for being a man, he had already the nature of a man (human nature).

But, Jammin. Still holding the error he has made. Teaching us that that the truly God, has two nature, a nature of a man and a nature of a God. Directly contradicting his stand that the God has only one nature.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Aug. 21 2012,17:25)
    To all,

This is the start of my College year and I chose to be a full time student. That will limit my time.

Hi Kerwin, good luck!

What are you taking?

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (limjunus @ Aug. 21 2012,17:25)
    Mike,

Jammin, is alway running away and ignoring the questions addressed to him.  He want only his arguments to be disscussed and do not like to be questioned.

He always question this: “How many nature you have “boy”? One or two?

Diverting the main issue to the matter that's not relevant.

Here is the relevant question with the main issue.

Christ Jesus is “A MAN” … Ref. John 8:40 / 1 Tim 2:5 / Acts 2:22 KJV.

If a man has one nature, Now, how many nature Christ Jesus has?

If the truly God, has only one nature, Christ Jesus could not be a truly  God, because for being a man, he had already the nature of a man (human nature).

But, Jammin. Still holding the error he has made. Teaching us that that the truly God, has two nature, a nature of a man and a nature of a God.  Directly contradicting his stand that the God has only one nature.

Hi limjunus,

YHVH (in the beginning) gave us “his nature”.
    We were created in his image and after his likeness.            …that would be his nature, would it not?

God bless

Viewing 20 posts - 9,661 through 9,680 (of 25,926 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account