JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 9,501 through 9,520 (of 25,926 total)
  • Author
    mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 13 2012,18:25)
    And the bottom line is that the newer English versions are translated from MANY mss which are much older than the SIX fairly recent ms that the KJV was translated from.

“More recent” means more time for ALTERATIONS to have been made through the years.

On the flip side of the coin, we have plenty of Trinitarians who are willing to ALTER the texts even today, as is attested to by the translations jammin posts here.

So newer doesn't necessarily mean “more accurate” when it comes to the ENGLISH TRANSLATIONS of the scriptures. But the fact that WE all have access to those newer mss ourselves means that WE can read them and gain a more accurate truth of the scriptures.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ Aug. 13 2012,18:34)
    In most Greek literature, morphe means “outward
    appearance,” that is, what can be perceived only by the senses. So, “form of God” seems
    to refer to Jesus’ bodily existence rather than a pre-temporal, ontological preexistence.

Bingo!  “Morphe” means “outward appearance”, and Jesus was existing with an outward appearance similar to the outward appearance of God before emptying himself of this cushy existence and being made in the likeness of a human being.

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ Aug. 13 2012,18:34)
    A divesture of any of
    these divine attributes—for example, omniscience, omnipresence, and omnipotence—
    would have been necessary because they are incompatible with being human, yet such
    divesture necessarily results in something less than full deity.

Bingo again.  Jesus never had “omniscience, omnipresence, and omnipotence”.  Jesus' God is the only One who has those qualities.  So apparently, someone who was “less than full deity” was existing in the form of the One who is “full deity” before becoming flesh.

In other words, a lesser god was with THE God in the beginning, but then was made flesh and dwelled among us with the glory of God's only begotten.

Just like I've been telling you all along, Frank.  :)

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (carmel @ Aug. 14 2012,05:46)

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 13 2012,17:44)

Quote (carmel @ Aug. 13 2012,17:37)

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 11 2012,11:34)

I believe we were all pre-existent Angels; all accept Jesus that is.

Edj

you did not understand my question!!

HERE IT IS AGAIN”:

What were we,before creation ever existed? ???

BEFORE THE ENTIRE CREATION EVER EXISTED???

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

Angels

Edj,

Again:

What were we:

BEFORE THE ENTIRE CREATION EVER EXISTED???

BOTH HEAVEN AND EARTH NEVER MIND ANGELS

The very next post – I said:

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 13 2012,17:46)
    What were we before that  –  an idea in God's head (perhaps)

Perhaps you missed it.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 14 2012,07:56)

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 12 2012,22:05)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 13 2012,14:14)
    Perhaps you should check into it and find out the truth before making the claim?

Not interested: Perhaps you should check into it instead.

Or better yet, why don't we all just forget this claim you made without even knowing the truth of them matter:

The AKJV Bible society has translated it into “ALL” the major languages of the world.  

:)

The King James Bible is the first English Bible ever printed
    in the United States- first printed by the King's Printer in England,
    then printing and distribution spread throughout the world. (Link)

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 14 2012,08:04)

Quote (terraricca @ Aug. 12 2012,22:35)

Quote (mikeboll @ 64)
    I'm starting to get the feeling that some of you guys hold the KJV up as another god or something.

I had that feeling for a while now…………..

I thought Ed was the only KJV “worshipper” on this site.  It now appears that there are many.

Dudes, it is just an English translation – nothing more and nothing less.  (It's not even the FIRST English translation.  ??? )

Hi Mike,

The original manuscripts are obviously better than “any” translation.

The “AKJV Bible” is “The Only Authorized English Version”!

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 14 2012,22:13)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 14 2012,08:04)

Quote (terraricca @ Aug. 12 2012,22:35)

Quote (mikeboll @ 64)
    I'm starting to get the feeling that some of you guys hold the KJV up as another god or something.

I had that feeling for a while now…………..

I thought Ed was the only KJV “worshipper” on this site.  It now appears that there are many.

Dudes, it is just an English translation – nothing more and nothing less.  (It's not even the FIRST English translation.  ??? )

Hi Mike,

The original manuscripts are obviously better than “any” translation.

The “AKJV Bible” is “The Only Authorized English Version”!

God bless

edj

it never was Authorized English Version ,proposed but never got it

jammin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 14 2012,11:31)

Quote (jammin @ Aug. 13 2012,18:14)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 14 2012,08:02)
    jammin, to whom does the word “God” refer in Phil 2:6?  You may ask for help.

the Word God refers to Christ.

Ah, FINALLY, an answer to my question!  :D

So jammin, you think that the teaching in Phil 2:6 is that Christ was existing in the form of Christ?

Hmmmm………………

(And btw, you're asking the wrong question about “individual being”.  You shouldn't ask if I can “find a translation” that says what I want it to say, because then I'd just be like you.  You should instead ask if the GREEK TEXT says anything about “individual being”.  And the answer is “NO”.

But then again, I never said it did.  I simply asked you what Paul meant by the word “God” in Phil 2.  Then I offered my OPINION that he was talking about the individual being who created the universe – not a “species”.  Judging from the answer you just gave, you apparently don't agree with me about that.  :) )

LOL

form of mike??? is that your logic boy???

LOL

you have the form of MAN. that is the reality boy

Christ is God. his nature or form is GOD.

phil 2.6 said that.

——-
    btw, you are just making excuses boy . the truth is you cant find ANY SINGLE TRANSLATION THAT SAYS INDIVIDUAL BEING IN PHIL 2.6
    study hard boy LOL

jammin
    Participant

mike,

do you believe that your Form is MAN? i know you answered yes a while ago. i just want to repeat it to you. LOL

mike study hard boy LOL

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Wakeup @ Aug. 14 2012,09:39)

Quote (terraricca @ Aug. 14 2012,09:11)

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 13 2012,22:41)

Quote (terraria @ Aug. 13 2012,15:35)
    they do not trust Gods word

PIERRE,

Please explain what exactly YOU mean here?  ???

Ed J

edj

if you have faith in God and his son,and so believe what they have written ,but you still hesitate to truly believe their written words ,

then you do not trust in God or his son ,because this prove that you have not come to know them

I agree with you here Terra, because JESUS words has not sunk into them when he said;  YOU MUST EATH MY FLESH TO HAVE ETERNAL LIFE.

WHAT ARE THEY DOING,THEY THINK THAT FLESH IS TASTLESS;NOT GOOD ENOUGH;  SO THEY PUT SOME DRESSINGS ON IT,LIKE PEPPER, CHILLI,TOMATO SAUCE,MUSTERD SAUCE,ALL TO THEIR OWN TASTE,AND CORRUPTING THe PURE FLESH TASTE.

WE MUST LEARN TO LISTEN TO HIM.

wakeup.

Hi Wakeup + Pierre, Our salvation is not based on agreeing
    with your “Theology”     …if you think it does – you are sadly mistaken.

“why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?” (Luke 6:46)

“I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you,
    and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; That ye may be the children of your Father
    which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?
            And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?
            Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.” (Matthew 5:44-48)

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 14 2012,17:08)
    Our salvation is not based on agreeing
    with your “Theology”

To All,

This is a commonly believed 'FALLACY'.

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

PIERRE,

Ed J

edj

if you have faith in God and his son,and so believe what they have written ,but you still hesitate to truly believe their written words ,

then you do not trust in God or his son ,because this prove that you have not come to know them

I agree with you here Terra, because JESUS words has not sunk into them when he said;  YOU MUST EATH MY FLESH TO HAVE ETERNAL LIFE.

WHAT ARE THEY DOING,THEY THINK THAT FLESH IS TASTLESS;NOT GOOD ENOUGH;  SO THEY PUT SOME DRESSINGS ON IT,LIKE PEPPER, CHILLI,TOMATO SAUCE,MUSTERD SAUCE,ALL TO THEIR OWN TASTE,AND CORRUPTING THe PURE FLESH TASTE.

wakeup.

“For we dare not make ourselves of the number (number?), or compare ourselves with
      some that commend themselves: but they measuring themselves by themselves,
      and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise.” (2 Cor 10:12)

terraricca
    Participant

edj

with your “Theology” …if you think it does – you are sadly mistaken.

you miss interpret our words ,and so bring all false testimony against us ;could you tell witch scripture is not encompass in what I said ???

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Aug. 14 2012,17:35)
    could you tell witch scripture is not encompass in what I said ???

PIERRE

WHAT(?) are you talking about?

God bless

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 14 2012,17:08)

PIERRE,

Ed J

edj

wakeup.

with your “Theology”     …if you think it does – you are sadly mistaken.

“why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?” (Luke 6:46)

“I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you,
    and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; That ye may be the children of your Father
    which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?
            And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?
            Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.” (Matthew 5:44-48)

God bless

EdJ.

Nice scriptures Ed.
    Do you realy think that the aposles would agree with your theology and numbers?
    Or maybe you think you could teach them one or two numbers.

wakeup.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 14 2012,17:20)

PIERRE,

Ed J

edj

wakeup.

“For we dare not make ourselves of the number (number?), or compare ourselves with
      some that commend themselves: but they measuring themselves by themselves,
      and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise.” (2 Cor 10:12)

“no one of you be puffed up for one against another.” (1 Cor 4:6)

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (jammin @ Aug. 13 2012,23:57)
    mike,

do you believe that your Form is MAN? i know you answered yes a while ago. i just want to repeat it to you.

Yes jammin,

My form is “man” because I am a member of the species known as “man”. But you can't really apply that logic to Phil 2:6, unless you are saying that Jesus was existing in the form of the species known as “god”.

Are you saying that?

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Aug. 14 2012,06:12)
    really???

you just cant accept the truth mike.
    i told you to make your own bible LOL

commentaries also say that it refers to his (christ) nature as God (phil 2.6)
    how about you boy? ill wait for your translation that says individual being or species in phil 2.6

you may ask for help boy LOL

Jammin,

You do make your own bibles and advise others to do the same no matter their teaching.

jammin
    Participant

mike,

therefore your form is man and not “mike”

why cant you accept that the form of Christ is God.
    LOL

you know mike, you need to study more.. really.. this will help you

LOL

btw,
    i do not need your opinion about individual being in phil 2.6
    ..give me a translation that says individual being and i will believe you,. but if you cant give one, you better stop talking mike
    LOL

your words are non sense

jammin
    Participant

kerwin,

i do not need to make my own bible bec i give what is written in the bible and not only my opinion.

believe what the bible says. do not include your imagination

limjunus
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Aug. 14 2012,01:53)
    limjunus,

that is the best thing that you can do boy..

dont you have any common sense boy?? LOL

you are using NLT to prove that Christ is not God but your favorte version says he is God.

go to school first and study logic and common sense boy LOL

Jammin, do not cover your humiliation by failing to answer the very essential questions of mine with another post that could bring you down again.

Jammin said, NLT version saying Jesus Christ is God?

and NLT version also said Jesus Christ died.

Jammin said, Jesus Christ is truly God and died. (Truly God, died?)

The NLT version had introduced One true God only, no begiining and no end, immortal, invisible. almighty, alone, Father and etc., etc.,

The passages of Philippians 2:6 did not emphasized that the One and only true God is Jesus Christ but Jammin forcing the verses to produce another God, beside the Father as the God alone.

That's why he could not answer my questions. Who is the One and only true God, Jesus Christ, the begotten Son or the Father who had begotten Son/ him?

Jammin understanding is not in accordance with the apostles doctrines regarding with, “who is the One and only true God”?

Jammin will crash head-on with the verse of

Romans 15:6 New Living Translation (NLT)
    Then all of you can join together with one voice, giving praise and glory to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

and Jammin conclusion is also crushing directly with the apostles declaration concerning who must be recognized by the “true Christian as the One and only true God. In 1 Corinthians 8:5-6 New Living Translation (NLT)

5. There may be so-called gods both in heaven and on earth, and some people actually worship many gods and many lords. 6. But we know that there is only one God, the Father, who created everything, and we live for him. And there is only one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom God made everything and through whom we have been given life.

Jammin, since the beginning, is insisting that the One and only true God, is Jesus Christ, based with his conclusion, he had placed himself in an embarrassing situation.

By failing to answer my questions, we could safely concluded that Jammin, is the genuine anti-Christ.

Jammin is teaching another Jesus Christ by introducing that he is the One and only true God.

Viewing 20 posts - 9,501 through 9,520 (of 25,926 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account