JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 9,101 through 9,120 (of 25,926 total)
  • Author
    limjunus
    Participant

Jammin,

My answer is NO if you insisting your own conclusion and YES, if you accepting the facts with the event that Thomas is not addressing that Jesus is the One and only true God, but instead “shouting” with extremely shocking emotion with 100% guilt with his action.

Peace :D

limjunus
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Aug. 02 2012,00:33)
    limjunus,

you did not answer my question.

ill repeat, do you believe the words of thomas to jesus?
    yes or no?

My answer is NO if you insisting your own conclusion and YES, if you accepting the facts with the event that Thomas is not addressing that Jesus is the One and only true God, but instead “shouting” with extremely shocking emotion with 100% guilt with his action.

limjunus
    Participant

Quote (limjunus @ Aug. 02 2012,17:55)

limjunus,

yes or no?

Peace    :D

Thomas status when confronting by Jesus is “un-beleiver” of Jesus resurrection doctrine. He is in the state of doubt about the resurrection and often in the state of doubting.

He is not believing that Jesus was already raised-up by God from the dead….. his presumable ideas is against Christ Jesus teaching,.. that's why the confrontation between him and Jesus happened,…

Resulting to Thomas to be embarrassed, shocking with extreme emotion forcing him to shout ,..”MY LORD AND MY GOD” (OMG!) … and some other people like Jammin, capitalizing it to prove that Thomas is saying and addressing it directly to Jesus , but without knowing that they were twisting the meaning of the holy passages of the Bible event to suit with their incorrect stand.

limjunus
    Participant

Quote (limjunus @ Aug. 02 2012,18:14)

limjunus,

yes or no?

Thomas status when confronting by Jesus is “un-beleiver” of Jesus resurrection doctrine. He is in the state of doubt about the resurrection and often in the state of doubting.

He is not believing that Jesus was already raised-up by God from the dead….. his presumable ideas is against Christ Jesus teaching,.. that's why the confrontation between him and Jesus happened,…

Resulting to Thomas to be embarrassed, shocking with extreme emotion forcing him to shout ,..”MY LORD AND MY GOD” (OMG!) … and some other people like Jammin, capitalizing it to prove that Thomas is saying and addressing it directly to Jesus , but without knowing that they were twisting the meaning of the holy passages of the Bible event to suit with their incorrect stand.

Because of the un-usual attitudes of Thomas toward the fundamental doctrines of Jesus Christ, regarding the “resurrection” and Thomas admittedly he is wrong with his ideas by showing his guiltiness and placing himself in an embarrassing situation,.. resulting with Thomas, in a very extremely shocked and forcing him to shout ” MY LORD AND MY GOD!” (OMG!).

Did Jesus bless Thomas, when he acknowledge his guiltiness with a shocking gesture and emotion?

Jesus said this: ” John 20:29 “Jesus said to him, “Thomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.

Jesus did not receive the blessing from Jesus, instead Jesus, bless the people who have no ideas of “TO SEE IS TO BELIEVE”.

and the Bible event containing the text how and what Jesus to be recognized by the true believers? Read the verse 31:

“but these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that believing you may have life in His name.

We must recognized that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God,.. raised from the dead to prove that the resurrection doctrines is a real one.

limjunus
    Participant

Quote (limjunus @ Aug. 02 2012,18:34)

Quote (limjunus @ Aug. 02 2012,18:14)

limjunus,

yes or no?

Because of the un-usual attitudes of Thomas toward the fundamental doctrines of Jesus Christ, regarding the “resurrection” and Thomas admittedly he is wrong with his ideas by showing his guiltiness and placing himself in an embarrassing situation,.. resulting with Thomas, in a very extremely shocked and forcing him to shout ” MY LORD AND MY GOD!” (OMG!).

Did Jesus bless Thomas, when he acknowledge his guiltiness with a shocking gesture and emotion?

Jesus said this: ”  John 20:29  “Jesus said to him, “Thomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.

Jesus did not receive the blessing from Jesus, instead Jesus, bless the people who have no ideas of “TO SEE IS TO BELIEVE”.

and the Bible event containing the text how and what Jesus to be recognized by the true believers?  Read the verse 31:

“but these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that believing you may have life in His name.

We must recognized that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God,.. raised from the dead to prove that the resurrection doctrines is a real one.

quote to be corrected: “Jesus did not receive the blessing from Jesus, instead Jesus, bless the people who have no ideas of “TO SEE IS TO BELIEVE”.

Supposedly: Thomas did not receive the blessing from Jesus, instead Jesus, bless the people who have no ideas of “TO SEE IS TO BELIEVE”.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (limjunus @ Aug. 01 2012,23:59)
    I'm not trying to tell you how to do it, but the rest of us will be able to read your points easier if you put their words in a quote box so they stand out from your words.

peace,
    mike

I will do it next time.

Thanks Mike :;):

You started it right, but forgot to hit the quote button A SECOND time AFTER my words.

I see you are trying the underline and bold features, too.  They work the same way:  Hit the button once BEFORE you paste or write the words you want to bold or underline…………… but then hit the same button A SECOND TIME after those words.  It is the words IN BETWEEN the two times you hit the buttons that will be quoted, bolded, underlined, or italicized.  :)

You'll get it soon enough.

peace,
    mike

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (limjunus @ Aug. 02 2012,00:44)

limjunus,

yes or no?

:D

Mike, this is how to make a quote box?

That's one way, but hitting “quote” on their post will quote EVERYTHING in that post.  If you only want to respond to a particular thing they said, then you can do it the way I've explained.  :)

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (limjunus @ Aug. 01 2012,23:57)
    Thomas, did not address his saying to Jesus, but instead Thomas, is indirectly uttering that words as “MY LORD AND MY GOD! (OMG!) with his extremely sudden emotion…………..

So you think it was proper to call Satan and others “god” in NT times, but not Jesus?

By calling Jesus “my god”, Thomas wasn't implying that Jesus was Jesus' own God, the Father.

But “god” (theos) referred to any mighty being in those days.  It wasn't like today, where the word “god” makes everyone think ONLY of the Omniscient Creator of the Universe.

(You really should come join us in the “many gods” thread.  I started it for you in the first place.  :) )

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Mike,

Could you provide a LINK (for everyone) to the “many gods” thread?

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

jammin
    Participant

(limjunus @ Aug. 01 2012,23:57)
    Thomas, did not address his saying to Jesus, but instead Thomas, is indirectly uttering that words as “MY LORD AND MY GOD! (OMG!) with his extremely sudden emotion…………..

————————-

let me post the verse again

John 20:28

New International Version (NIV)

28 Thomas said to him, “My Lord and my God!”

GOD’S WORD Translation (GW)

28 Thomas responded to Jesus, “My Lord and my God!”

i believe what the bible says.
    make your own bible boy

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Aug. 03 2012,17:07)

————————-

make your own bible boy

:D :D

limjunus
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Aug. 03 2012,11:38)

————————-

make your own bible boy

:D  :D

3 “And what is eternal life? It is knowing you (Father), the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.

17 Jesus said, “Do not hold on to me. I have not yet returned to the Father. Instead, go to those who believe in me. Tell them, 'I am returning to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.' “

Jammin, believing with the Bible translated from original manuscript to English by the Bible Scholars with an existing idea with their minds that Jesus Christ is truly God?,.. who will stop these Bible scholars to translate it the way they like?

Why the other versions translated the verse not the same with the others? See the New Living Translation (NLT)

28 “My Lord and my God!” Thomas exclaimed.

Jesus already said, the only true God is my Father and he said it by means of preaching and not in the state of shock like with Thomas.

So, Jammin is believing with the words from a doubting man and while in the state of shocking. Thomas, at that moment is not in a preaching mood but in a confusing situation but by the gesture of embarrassing and guiltiness concerning his reaction against the doctrine of resurrection.

Jammin is ignoring the truth coming out from the lips of the genuine teacher of God, from his begotten Son, our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, …. My Father is the only true God,.. He is your Father and God either,… destroying completely the wrongful conclusion of Jammin that Jesus is truly God.

limjunus
    Participant

Quote (limjunus @ Aug. 03 2012,15:48)

————————-

make your own bible boy

3 “And what is eternal life? It is knowing you (Father), the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.

17 Jesus said, “Do not hold on to me. I have not yet returned to the Father. Instead, go to those who believe in me. Tell them, 'I am returning to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.' “

Jammin, believing with the Bible translated from original manuscript to English by the Bible Scholars with an existing idea with their minds that Jesus Christ is truly God?,.. who will stop these Bible scholars to translate it the way they like?

Why the other versions translated the verse not the same with the others?  See the New Living Translation (NLT)

Jesus already said, the only true God is my Father and he said it by means of preaching and not in the state of shock like with Thomas.

So, Jammin is believing with the words from a doubting man and while in the state of shocking. Thomas, at that moment is not in a preaching mood but in a confusing situation but by the gesture of embarrassing and guiltiness concerning his reaction against the doctrine of resurrection.  

Jammin is ignoring the truth coming out from the lips of the genuine teacher of God, from his begotten Son, our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, …. My Father is the only true God,.. He is your Father and God either,… destroying completely the wrongful conclusion of Jammin that Jesus is truly God.

Peace  :D

John 17:1-3 Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)

And this is eternal life: that people can know you, the only true God,

and that they can know Jesus Christ, the one you sent.[/B]

[/B] I believe with Jesus Christ teaching and doctrines.

Peace

limjunus
    Participant

Quote (limjunus @ Aug. 03 2012,16:00)

Quote (limjunus @ Aug. 03 2012,15:48)

————————-

make your own bible boy

Why the other versions translated the verse not the same with the others?  See the New Living Translation (NLT)

Peace  :D

John 17:1-3 Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)

And this is eternal life: that people can know you, the only true God,

and that they can know Jesus Christ, the one you sent.[/B]

[/B] I believe with Jesus Christ teaching and doctrines.

Peace

John 20:31
    New International Reader's Version (NIRV)
    31 But these are written down so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God. If you believe this, you will have life because you belong to him.

The rightful belief as per the truth is to believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God,… and not the Father, who is the tyrue God, and has a begotten Son.

jammin
    Participant

limjunus,

john 17.3 is correct but your interpretation is wrong
    i do not have a problem with that. i believe that Christ is the son of God. i also believe that Christ is God. the apostles said that.

you just pick what you want but you do not believe what the whole bible says.

i believe that there is only one father who is truly God. john 17.3

the bible also says that the son is truly God.
    1 john 5.20
    john 1.1

Barnes' Notes on the Bible

My Lord and my God – In this passage the name God is expressly given to Christ, in his own presence and by one of his own apostles. This declaration has been considered as a clear proof of the divinity of Christ, for the following reasons:

1. There is no evidence that this was a mere expression, as some have supposed, of surprise or astonishment.

2. The language was addressed to Jesus himself – “Thomas …said unto him.”

3. The Saviour did not reprove him or check him as using any improper language. If he had not been divine, it is impossible to reconcile it with his honesty that he did not rebuke the disciple. No pious man would have allowed such language to be addressed to him. Compare Acts 14:13-15; Revelation 22:8-9.

4. The Saviour proceeds immediately to commend Thomas for believing; but what was the evidence of his believing? It was this declaration, and this only. If this was a mere exclamation of surprise, what proof was it that Thomas believed? Before this he doubted. Now he believed, and gave utterance to his belief, that Jesus was his Lord and his God.

5. If this was not the meaning of Thomas, then his exclamation was a mere act of profaneness, and the Saviour would not have commended him for taking the name of the Lord his God in vain. The passage proves, therefore, that it is proper to apply to Christ the name Lord and God, and thus accords with what John affirmed in John 1:1, and which is established throughout this gospel.

sorry boy but you need to study hard. your words are non sense

jammin
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Aug. 03 2012,10:07)

ἀπεκρίθη Θωμᾶς καὶ εἶπεν αὐτῷ ὁ κύριος μου καὶ ὁ θεός μου.

the greek bible also says that thomas said these words to jesus!

in english,
    and thomas answered and said unto him…

kurios mous kai ho theos mou! MY LORD AND MY GOD!

but this false teacher said a different story.

let me post what limjunus said

tsk tsk tsk.. you are really a false teacher boy

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Aug. 04 2012,02:49)

jammin,Aug. wrote:

[/quote]
    ἀπεκρίθη Θωμᾶς καὶ εἶπεν αὐτῷ ὁ κύριος μου καὶ ὁ θεός μου.

the greek bible also says that thomas said these words to jesus!

in english,
    and thomas answered and said unto him…

kurios mous kai ho theos mou! MY LORD AND MY GOD!

but this false teacher said a different story.

let me post what limjunus said

tsk tsk tsk.. you are really a false teacher boy

Jamni

it does not matter what you say ,because we all know that you are wrong ,and that your understanding is faulty,you may insult us of being false teachers but it will not make you any more truthful ,you have lost your credibility long ago,and by your own hands and mind,so you are the only one to blame ,

you have shown us your religious believe ,what you have picked in one verse ,and made that single scripture your bible,

this are action of a immature student ,and so no mature discussion can go forward with you ,at the least with some of us,so good day,and see you when you have grown up.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Aug. 03 2012,19:42)
    limjunus,

john 17.3 is correct but your interpretation is wrong
    i do not have a problem with that. i believe that Christ is the son of God. i also believe that Christ is God. the apostles said that.

you just pick what you want but you do not believe  what the whole bible says.

i believe that there is only one father who is truly God. john 17.3

the bible also says that the son is truly God.
    1  john 5.20
    john 1.1

Barnes' Notes on the Bible

My Lord and my God – In this passage the name God is expressly given to Christ, in his own presence and by one of his own apostles. This declaration has been considered as a clear proof of the divinity of Christ, for the following reasons:

1. There is no evidence that this was a mere expression, as some have supposed, of surprise or astonishment.

2. The language was addressed to Jesus himself – “Thomas …said unto him.”

3. The Saviour did not reprove him or check him as using any improper language. If he had not been divine, it is impossible to reconcile it with his honesty that he did not rebuke the disciple. No pious man would have allowed such language to be addressed to him. Compare Acts 14:13-15; Revelation 22:8-9.

4. The Saviour proceeds immediately to commend Thomas for believing; but what was the evidence of his believing? It was this declaration, and this only. If this was a mere exclamation of surprise, what proof was it that Thomas believed? Before this he doubted. Now he believed, and gave utterance to his belief, that Jesus was his Lord and his God.

5. If this was not the meaning of Thomas, then his exclamation was a mere act of profaneness, and the Saviour would not have commended him for taking the name of the Lord his God in vain. The passage proves, therefore, that it is proper to apply to Christ the name Lord and God, and thus accords with what John affirmed in John 1:1, and which is established throughout this gospel.

sorry boy but you need to study hard. your words are non sense

spin

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Jammin,

Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us.
    (Jesus said) Believe me that I in the Father, and the Father in me:
    or else believe me for the very works' sake.
    (John 14:8,11)

(Here Thomas does not believe) John 20:25 Except I shall see in his hands the print of the nails,
    and put my finger into the print of the nails, and thrust my hand into his side, I will not believe.

THEN THOMAS BELIEVED THE VERY WORKS OF GOD…
    Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord(Jesus)
    and my God(The Father “IN” Jesus). (John 20:28)

Witnessing to a worldwide audience in behalf of YHVH!
    יהוה האלהים (JEHOVAH GOD) YÄ-hä-vā  hä ĔL-ō-Hêêm!
    Ed J (Isaiah 49:16 / Isaiah 60:14 / Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org (Ecl.9:12-16)

carmel
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 04 2012,04:35)
    Hi Jammin,

Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us.
    (Jesus said) Believe me that I in the Father, and the Father in me:
    or else believe me for the very works' sake.
    (John 14:8,11)

(Here Thomas does not believe) John 20:25 Except I shall see in his hands the print of the nails,
    and put my finger into the print of the nails, and thrust my hand into his side, I will not believe.

Witnessing to a worldwide audience in behalf of YHVH!
    יהוה האלהים (JEHOVAH GOD) YÄ-hä-vā  hä ĔL-ō-Hêêm!
    Ed J (Isaiah 49:16 / Isaiah 60:14 / Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org (Ecl.9:12-16)

Edj,

For the love of Jesus:

Jesus resurrected,and through resurrection,

HE UNIFIED THROUGH THE HOLY SPIRIT,BOTH THE SPIRIT OF THE FATHER AND THE SOUL AND FLESH BODY OF JESUS INTO ONE MYSTICAL BODY.

So Thomas confirmed that Jesus is both LORD JESUS,AND GOD IN THE TRUTH!!

PEACE AND LOVE IN JESUS

CHARLES

Viewing 20 posts - 9,101 through 9,120 (of 25,926 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account