JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 8,921 through 8,940 (of 25,925 total)
  • Author
    Ed J
    Participant

Hi limjunus, and welcome to H-net.
    Stick around, we have much to share.

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Spock
    Participant

Quote (limjunus @ July 25 2012,01:26)
    :O  How many true God we should recognize? Only one or more than one?

Well, accourding to the anti-trinitarians, there are 2 Gods (or 3, becuase some believe that Satan is God of this world). Anyhow, the anti-divinity, anti preexistance, Jesus was only human-crowd now have God the Father in retiement and a carpenter from Nazererth sitting in heaven with “all power and authority in heaven and on earth” loaned to him; a temporary man-God.

Colter

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Scripturally, there are many gods, both in heaven and on earth.  Jesus is one.  So are the angels, according to the scriptural usage of the word.  So is Satan, according to Paul.

But there is only one Most High God.  There is only one God of gods.  There is only one God Almighty.  There is only one Creator of all things.

Limjunus, I ask you to think about what it means for the Father to be “the God of gods“, if there literally exist no other gods but Him.

How could He be “the Most High God”, if there are no other gods who are less high than Him?

And what would the words “Almighty God” even mean, if the Father was literally the ONLY god?

Today we are taught there is only ONE God – LITERALLY.  But that is far from what the scriptures actually teach.  To get around it, today's translators call those other gods “false gods” and “so-called gods”, but I'm here to tell you that I did the research and NEVER is either one of those terms ever used in the original Hebrew or Greek scriptures.

The SCRIPTURAL truth of the matter is that there exist many gods, of whom Jehovah is the Creator, the God, and the Highest.

Welcome to the site.  :)

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (jammin @ July 24 2012,05:42)
    ill repeat, do you have one nature or form and that is human nature, yes or no?

YES

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ July 25 2012,10:57)
    And what would the words “Almighty God” even mean

Hi Mike,

Yea, what does that mean (to you) anyway?

God bless

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ July 23 2012,20:46)
    Mike,

Then how abut answering these thee simple questions:

1. Where in Scripture does it ever say “Jesus pre-existed his birth.”?

2. Where in Scripture did YOUR “Jesus” ever say “I was once 'a god'”?

3. Where in Scripture are we ever asked to believe and confess “Jesus IS 'a god' or “Jesus pre-existed his birth.”?

Hi Frank,

1. No where in scripture does it say the exact words you quoted.

2. No where in scripture does it say the exact words you quoted.

3. No where in scripture are we specifically asked to believe either of those things.

Your turn:

1. Where in scripture does it specifically say Jehovah pre-existed human beings?

2. Where in scripture did Jehovah ever say, “I was once a god”?

3. Where in scripture are we ever asked to believe and confess that “Jehovah is a God”, or that “Jehovah pre-existed mankind”?

Please show the scriptures that EXPLICITELY state the things I asked about – if there are any.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ July 25 2012,11:05)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ July 25 2012,10:57)
    And what would the words “Almighty God” even mean

Hi Mike,

Yea, what does that mean (to you) anyway?

God bless
    Ed J

Hi Mike,

Do you mean “God of all righteousness”?

God bless

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Ed,

“Almighty” means “the most mighty”.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ July 25 2012,11:13)
    Ed,

“Almighty” means “the most mighty”.

OK Mike, thanks.

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ July 25 2012,11:07)

Mike,

1.  Where in Scripture does it ever say “Jesus pre-existed his birth.”?

2.  Where in Scripture did YOUR “Jesus” ever say “I was once 'a god'”?

3.  Where in Scripture are we ever asked to believe and confess “Jesus IS 'a god' or “Jesus pre-existed his birth.”?

Hi Frank,

1.  No where in scripture does it say the exact words you quoted.

2.  No where in scripture does it say the exact words you quoted.

3.  No where in scripture are we specifically asked to believe either of those things.

Your turn:

1.  Where in scripture does it specifically say Jehovah pre-existed human beings?

2.  Where in scripture did Jehovah ever say, “I was once a god”?

3.  Where in scripture are we ever asked to believe and confess that “Jehovah is a God”, or that “Jehovah pre-existed mankind”?

Please show the scriptures that EXPLICITELY state the things I asked about – if there are any.

Mike,

Since it was Father Yahweh Who caused we human beings to come into existence it only stands to simple reasoning that He existed before us.

Yahweh would have no reason to say “I was once a god”.

Father Yahweh clearly says that He is the Only Mighty One [“God”] and that “there is NO OTHER BESIDE ME” Do you not believe and confess what He has clearly stated?

Do I really need to show you where the Scriptures are that EXPLICITELY state the things that you have asked about? :D

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ July 25 2012,18:50)

Mike,

3.  Where in Scripture are we ever asked to believe and confess “Jesus IS 'a god' or “Jesus pre-existed his birth.”?

Hi Frank,

3.  No where in scripture are we specifically asked to believe either of those things.

Your turn:

1.  Where in scripture does it specifically say Jehovah pre-existed human beings?

3.  Where in scripture are we ever asked to believe and confess that “Jehovah is a God”, or that “Jehovah pre-existed mankind”?

Mike,

Since it was Father Yahweh Who caused we human beings to come into existence it only stands to simple reasoning that He existed before us.

Father Yahweh clearly says that He is the Only Mighty One [“God”] and that “there is NO OTHER BESIDE ME” Do you not believe and confess what He has clearly stated?

Do I really need to show you where the Scriptures are that EXPLICITELY state the things that you have asked about?  :D

f

thats a opinion ,show a scripture

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ July 25 2012,11:50)

Mike,

Hi Frank,

Your turn:

Mike,

Do I really need to show you where the Scriptures are that EXPLICITELY state the things that you have asked about?  :D

Oh Mike,

BTW, thank you for answering my question (Where in Scripture are we ever asked to believe and confess “Jesus IS 'a god' or “Jesus pre-existed his birth.”?) correctly in saying, and I quote:

No where in scripture are we specifically asked to believe either of those things.

Again, you have been owned!  :D

Did Yahshua Create Or Pre-exist His Birth?

“Jesus IS God!”?

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ July 25 2012,11:52)

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ July 25 2012,18:50)

Mike,

Hi Frank,

Your turn:

Mike,

f

thats a opinion ,show a scripture

Pieear,

Get a Scripture translation and start to actually do some studying! :D

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Don't fear, neither be afraid. Haven't I declared it to you long ago, and shown it? You are My witnesses. Is there a god beside Me? Indeed, there is not! I don't know any other Rock (Isayah 44:8).

“Jesus IS God!”?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ July 24 2012,18:50)
    Do I really need to show you where the Scriptures are that EXPLICITELY state the things that you have asked about?

Yes please.  One scripture to support each question, if you don't mind. (Btw, your last post has already made my point for me, but I will wait until you fail to find any scripture that explicitely says any of the things I quoted before revealing that point to you. :) )

jammin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ July 25 2012,11:01)

YES

therefore, believe that the father and the son have the same form or nature, and that is GOD

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

This is what Yahweh says–Ysryl's King and Redeemer, Yahweh Almighty: I am the first and I am the last; apart from Me there is no Mighty One [“God”] (Isayah 44:6).

Don't fear, neither be afraid. Haven't I declared it to you long ago, and shown it? You are My witnesses. Is there a god beside Me? Indeed, there is not! I don't know any other Rock (Isayah 44:8).

“Jesus IS God!”?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (jammin @ July 24 2012,19:34)

YES

therefore, believe that the father and the son have the same form or nature, and that is GOD

jammin,

“God” is not a “nature” unless “God” is a species of beings. Is it?

When it is said that Jesus was existing in the “form of God”, it means in the form of THE PERSON KNOWN AS “GOD”. And in what form does the person known as God exist? A spiritual form? Ergo, Jesus was existing in a spiritual form before being made in the likeness of human beings.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Frank,

I'm not sure if the scriptures you're quoting are supposed to be the ones that explicitely state what I quoted before. You are aware that they don't, right?

jammin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ July 25 2012,12:38)

Quote (jammin @ July 24 2012,19:34)

YES

jammin,

“God” is not a “nature” unless “God” is a species of beings.  Is it?

When it is said that Jesus was existing in the “form of God”, it means in the form of THE PERSON KNOWN AS “GOD”.  And in what form does the person known as God exist?  A spiritual form?  Ergo, Jesus was existing in a spiritual form before being made in the likeness of human beings.

that is what the bible says.
    you just cant accept that truth.

ok you dont want to accept the word nature,
    let me rephrase it.
    do you believe that HUMAN is form?yes or no?

do you believe that GOD is form according to phil 2.6, yes or no?

Viewing 20 posts - 8,921 through 8,940 (of 25,925 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account