JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 8,681 through 8,700 (of 25,909 total)
  • Author
    kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ July 14 2012,08:07)

Quote (kerwin @ July 14 2012,12:42)

Quote (Ed J @ July 14 2012,05:08)

942767,July wrote:

Hi Marty,

“The Word” was God                  (John 1:1)
    “The Word” was made flesh       (John 1:14)

God bless
    Ed J

Ed,

You are making assumptions about how the Word is God and how the Word is made flesh.

Reveal how you arrived at your conclusions and how they relate to the idea that God lives in the flesh through his Spirit.

Hi Kerwin,

God lives in the flesh through his Spirit.  (this is exactly what I meant; thanks!)   :)   

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Ed,

You are welcome though I believe my wording was awkward. You still seemed to have figured out my intent. That was a fine job.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ July 15 2012,08:37)
    colter

BUT LET THIS BE CLEAR ;ANY ONE THAT MAKES A BOOK ABOUT THE SCRIPTURES WITH HIS OWN IDEAS AND WAYS HIS A RELIGION ,
    AND THERE FOR AS TAKEN AWAY CHRIST AND HIS DISCIPLES GLORY ,BUT ABOVE ALL THEY HAVE SLANDERED THE GLORY OF GOD HIMSELF ,

Hi Pierre,

Are you against people writing books about Scripture?

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ July 15 2012,11:27)

Quote (Ed J @ July 14 2012,10:08)
    Hi Marty,

God bless

Hi Ed:

The Word = Logos = what God has spoken and embodies an idea.  That idea was to make man in his own image.  The first Adam was made a living soul.  The last Adam was made a living spirit.

God made all things by him, the last Adam, knowing that in him his plan for humanity would be fulfilled.

And so, in John 1 the “Logos” pertains to Jesus but is not Jesus as a sentient person.

In John 1:14 the Logos was made flesh.  What God had spoken in the OT beginning with Genesis relative to Jesus was made a reality when Jesus was born into this world of the virgin Mary.

John 1:1c and the Logos was God is explained in saying that God is love, and he demonstrated this love for humanity by giving us His only begotten Son to be the propitiation for our sins and through whom He would reconcile us unto Himself.

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

1:18   No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared [him].  

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi Marty,

What is this post (of yours) suppose to convey?

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ July 15 2012,18:26)

Quote (Ed J @ July 14 2012,08:07)

Quote (kerwin @ July 14 2012,12:42)

Quote (Ed J @ July 14 2012,05:08)

942767,July wrote:

Hi Marty,

God bless
    Ed J

Ed,

You are making assumptions about how the Word is God and how the Word is made flesh.

Reveal how you arrived at your conclusions and how they relate to the idea that God lives in the flesh through his Spirit.

Hi Kerwin,

God lives in the flesh through his Spirit.  (this is exactly what I meant; thanks!)   :)   

God bless

Ed,

You are welcome though I believe my wording was awkward.  You still seemed to have figured out my intent.  That was a fine job.

:)

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ July 16 2012,02:09)

colter

BUT LET THIS BE CLEAR ;ANY ONE THAT MAKES A BOOK ABOUT THE SCRIPTURES WITH HIS OWN IDEAS AND WAYS HIS A RELIGION ,
    AND THERE FOR AS TAKEN AWAY CHRIST AND HIS DISCIPLES GLORY ,BUT ABOVE ALL THEY HAVE SLANDERED THE GLORY OF GOD HIMSELF ,

Hi Pierre,

God bless

edj

do you want to challenge me on what I said ???

or just prove that what I said is wrong ???

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ July 15 2012,23:35)

colter

Hi Pierre,

God bless
    Ed J

edj

PIERRE,

You're suppose to prove what you say is right, not the other way around.  ???

God bless

jammin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ July 15 2012,14:19)
    Pierre………..   :D  :laugh:  :D

jammin, you are rapidly ruining what little good reputation you ever had on this site.  You run around calling everyone “boy” and asking the same questions we've already answered before.

But since your memory doesn't seem to be the greatest, he we are one more time:

YES, my father is human, and therefore I am A human – but not the SAME human as my father.

And YES, Christ's Father is God, and therefore, he is A god – but not the SAME god as his Father.

therefore your father is HUMAN but not human
    you are human and not HUMAN, is that what you mean boy???

bec Christ to you is god and not GOD

what is the difference between HUMAN and human mike boy???

T,

drink some medicine. it is good for your brain

mikeboll64
    Blocked

jammin,

A long time ago, Adam was the only man on earth. He was THE MAN, for there were no others. Now when Adam, THE MAN, begot a son named Cain, was Cain a man like his father? Or was Cain THE MAN like his father?

Which one?

Participant

Quote (Ed J @ July 15 2012,19:16)

Hi Marty,

God bless

Hi Ed:

The Word = Logos = what God has spoken and embodies an idea.  That idea was to make man in his own image.  The first Adam was made a living soul.  The last Adam was made a living spirit.

God made all things by him, the last Adam, knowing that in him his plan for humanity would be fulfilled.

And so, in John 1 the “Logos” pertains to Jesus but is not Jesus as a sentient person.

In John 1:14 the Logos was made flesh.  What God had spoken in the OT beginning with Genesis relative to Jesus was made a reality when Jesus was born into this world of the virgin Mary.

John 1:1c and the Logos was God is explained in saying that God is love, and he demonstrated this love for humanity by giving us His only begotten Son to be the propitiation for our sins and through whom He would reconcile us unto Himself.

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

1:18   No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared [him].  

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi Marty,

God bless

Hi Ed:

What part of my post do you not understand?

Bascically, the intent is to show that “the Word” in John 1 is Logos and is defined as “what God has spoken and it embodies and idea or a plan”, and is not some being who was with God in one form and became another form of being in John 1:14.

And to show, that when the Logos of God states that the “Logos of God” was God in John 1:1c, His Logos defines His Character. “God is love”.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ July 16 2012,06:38)

Quote (terraricca @ July 15 2012,23:35)

colter

Hi Pierre,

God bless
    Ed J

edj

PIERRE,

You're suppose to prove what you say is right, not the other way around.  ???

God bless

edj

you know a liar also believes that he says the truth according to himself,

so if you think I said something wrong you should not be stopped to make it clear to me that the bible does not support my sayings ,

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ July 16 2012,07:47)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ July 15 2012,14:19)
    Pierre………..   :D  :laugh:  :D

jammin, you are rapidly ruining what little good reputation you ever had on this site.  You run around calling everyone “boy” and asking the same questions we've already answered before.

But since your memory doesn't seem to be the greatest, he we are one more time:

YES, my father is human, and therefore I am A human – but not the SAME human as my father.

And YES, Christ's Father is God, and therefore, he is A god – but not the SAME god as his Father.

therefore your father is HUMAN but not human
    you are human and not HUMAN, is that what you mean boy???

bec Christ to you is god and not GOD

what is the difference between HUMAN and human mike boy???

T,

drink some medicine. it is good for your brain

:ghostface: :ghostface: :ghostface: :D :D

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ July 16 2012,06:24)

Quote (Ed J @ July 15 2012,19:16)

Hi Marty,

God bless
    Ed J

Hi Ed:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi Marty,

God bless

Hi Ed:

What part of my post do you not understand?

Bascically, the intent is to show that “the Word” in John 1 is Logos and is defined as “what God has spoken and it embodies and idea or a plan”, and is not some being who was with God in one form and became another form of being in John 1:14.

And to show, that when the Logos of God states that the “Logos of God” was God in John 1:1c, His Logos defines His Character.  “God is love”.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi Marty,

Oh OK, thanks for the clarification.

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ July 16 2012,06:35)
    edj

PIERRE,

Then they are not 'a liar' (one who knowingly lies), but instead
    is one who spreads 'false truths' (not knowing they are spreading lies).

God bless

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ July 14 2012,13:58)
    Hi Frank,

When do you believe Yashua was begotten of by God?

1. At conception/birth
    2. At baptism
    3. At resurrection?

God bless

[VIDEOS] PT 1 MYTH DESTROYERS , THE VIRGIN BIRTH MYTH

Participant

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ July 16 2012,10:50)

Hi Frank,

1. At conception/birth
    2. At baptism
    3. At resurrection?

God bless

Hi Frank:

If the virgin birth of Jesus is a myth, then all of us are still in our sins, because the scripture states:

Rom 5:12 ¶ Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

Do you believe the following scriptures?

Jhn 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Jhn 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ July 16 2012,10:50)

Hi Frank,

1. At conception/birth
    2. At baptism
    3. At resurrection?

God bless

Do you mean #1?

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ July 16 2012,15:07)

Quote (terraricca @ July 16 2012,06:35)
    edj

PIERRE,

Then they are not 'a liar' (one who knowingly lies), but instead
    is one who spreads 'false truths' (not knowing they are spreading lies).

God bless

edj

so what you saying ;is that a person that believe what he says to be true but all know it is a lie ,so we should see it as truth ???

or he should not be called a liar ??? but what about if you tell him and he does not believe you what then ,would be now called a liar ???

EZE 2:7 “But you shall speak My words to them whether they listen or not,

EZE 3:18 “When I say to the wicked, ‘You will surely die,’ and you do not warn him or speak out to warn the wicked from his wicked way that he may live, that wicked man shall die in his iniquity, but his blood I will require at your hand.
    EZE 3:19 “Yet if you have warned the wicked and he does not turn from his wickedness or from his wicked way, he shall die in his iniquity; but you have delivered yourself.

Participant

Hi Frank:

The meaning of the word “espoused” in Matthew 1:18 is:

Number 3423

Transliteration:

mnesteuo {mnace-tyoo'-o}

Word Origin:

from a derivative of 3415

Part of Speech:

verb

Usage in the KJV:

espouse 3

Total: 3

Definition:

1.to woo her and ask her in marriage
    2.to be promised in marriage, be betrothed

TDNT – Theological Dictionary of the New Testament
    TWOT – Theological Word Book of the Old Testament

Love in Christ,
    Marty

jammin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ July 16 2012,03:17)
    jammin,

A long time ago, Adam was the only man on earth.  He was THE MAN, for there were no others.  Now when Adam, THE MAN, begot a son named Cain, was Cain a man like his father?  Or was Cain THE MAN like his father?

Which one?

you did not answer my question boy

ill repeat
    what is the difference between HUMAN and human?
    what is the difference between GOD and god?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

The difference is not in the caps versus lowercase, jammin. The difference is between THE man and A man. The difference is between THE god and A god.

For example, THE man Adam could not possibly beget THE man Adam. He would have had to beget A man, who was a DIFFERENT man than he was.

THE god Jehovah could not possibly beget THE god Jehovah. He would have had to beget A god, who was a DIFFERENT god than He was.

Viewing 20 posts - 8,681 through 8,700 (of 25,909 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account