JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 8,361 through 8,380 (of 25,909 total)
  • Author
    Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

For some of these men go into homes, and lead captive silly women (and effeminates) laden with sins, led away with various lusts, which are ever learning foolishness, and never being able to come to the knowledge of the truth (2 Timothy 3:6-7).

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ June 28 2012,21:28)
    Hi Jammin,

If “The Word” maketh the son, then “the word” is the HolySpirit; right?

God bless
    Ed J

Hi Jammin,

This is called reasoning together. (Isaiah 1:18)

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ June 29 2012,02:45)

Quote (terraricca @ June 28 2012,09:57)

Quote (kerwin @ June 28 2012,21:31)
    T;

God is the one who prophesied that a time would come when he would put his Word in his people's inward parts and write in on there hearts, Jeremiah 31:33.  I just agree with him. God also teaches us Jesus is the Pioneer and Perfecter of our faith, Hebrews 12:2. I agree with him on this as well.

K

the word of God was given to Moses but not all put it in their heart and so went after other gods ,

so now you telling me that scriptures says that Gods almighty has changed so that now it is HE that PUT his words in peoples hearts ????

is that it ???

T;

Read God's words in Jeremiah 31,  he does not change but his agreement with his people does.  The first covenant is to the house of Israel and the command is live by the Law while the second is with all nations and the command is live by the Spirit.  The Spirit was not given to mankind until Jehovah set Jesus on his holy hill.

K

this one ??

Jer 31:10 “Hear the word of the LORD, O nations;
    proclaim it in distant coastlands:

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ June 27 2012,21:31)
    T;

God is the one who prophesied that a time would come when he would put his Word in his people's inward parts and write in on there hearts, Jeremiah 31:33. I just agree with him.

Hi Kerwin,

And do you think that in Jer 31:33, God was referring to the person called by the name “the Word of God”? Was he talking about putting Jesus in His people's inward parts?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Ed J @ June 28 2012,04:28)
    Hi Jammin,

God bless
    Ed J

Hebrews 7
    20 And it was not without an oath! Others became priests without any oath, 21 but he became a priest with an oath when God said to him:

“The Lord has sworn
      and will not change his mind:
    ‘You are a priest forever.’”

22 Because of this oath, Jesus has become the guarantee of a better covenant.

28 For the law appoints as high priests men who are weak; but the oath, which came after the law, appointed the Son, who has been made perfect forever.

Ed, this passage is talking about priests who have been appointed by the law versus our current High Priest, who was appointed by a promise (oath) from God.  Paul is not teaching that the Word brought the Son into being.  I believe you purposely misunderstand the context of the teaching.

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

To ALL,

FACT!: NOWHERE in ANY translation of Scripture (FATHER Yahweh's inspired prophetic word 2 Timothy 3:16-17) will you EVER find it said “The Word IS the SON!” or ” Yahshua ['Jesus'] IS Yahweh ['God'] (or 'a god' or 'an angel')!”

WHO IS THE WORD?

“Jesus IS God!”?

Did Yahshua Create Or Pre-exist His Birth?

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 29 2012,04:43)

T;

God is the one who prophesied that a time would come when he would put his Word in his people's inward parts and write in on there hearts, Jeremiah 31:33.  I just agree with him.

Hi Kerwin,

And do you think that in Jer 31:33, God was referring to the person called by the name “the Word of God”?  Was he talking about putting Jesus in His people's inward parts?

Mike;

I see no reason to place the wagon before the oxen. You should know that those that have the word written in there hearts and placed in their in their inward parts are righteous and holy like God. You also know the righteous live by faith. It is faith that makes them God's people and not the word that instead reveals them as his people; as by their fruit they are known.

Jesus was given the name of the Word because of his faith; and it is through that Word that all men can come to God.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ June 29 2012,17:35)

T;

God is the one who prophesied that a time would come when he would put his Word in his people's inward parts and write in on there hearts, Jeremiah 31:33.  I just agree with him.

Hi Kerwin,

And do you think that in Jer 31:33, God was referring to the person called by the name “the Word of God”?  Was he talking about putting Jesus in His people's inward parts?

Mike;

I see no reason to place the wagon before the oxen.  You should know that those that have the word written in there hearts and placed in their in their inward parts are righteous and holy like God.  You also know the righteous live by faith. It is faith that makes them God's people and not the word that instead reveals them as his people; as by their fruit they are known.  

Jesus was given the name of the Word because of his faith; and it is through that Word that all men can come to God.

K

Jesus was given the name of the Word because of his faith;

faith or trust ???

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ June 29 2012,04:38)

Quote (kerwin @ June 29 2012,02:45)

Quote (terraricca @ June 28 2012,09:57)

Quote (kerwin @ June 28 2012,21:31)
    T;

God is the one who prophesied that a time would come when he would put his Word in his people's inward parts and write in on there hearts, Jeremiah 31:33.  I just agree with him. God also teaches us Jesus is the Pioneer and Perfecter of our faith, Hebrews 12:2. I agree with him on this as well.

K

the word of God was given to Moses but not all put it in their heart and so went after other gods ,

so now you telling me that scriptures says that Gods almighty has changed so that now it is HE that PUT his words in peoples hearts ????

is that it ???

T;

Read God's words in Jeremiah 31,  he does not change but his agreement with his people does.  The first covenant is to the house of Israel and the command is live by the Law while the second is with all nations and the command is live by the Spirit.  The Spirit was not given to mankind until Jehovah set Jesus on his holy hill.

K

this one ??

Jer 31:10 “Hear the word of the LORD, O nations;
    proclaim it in distant coastlands:

T;

That is a good passage that tells of a time that was to come and has come when the new covenant is preached to all nations.

kerwin
    Participant

T;

Scripture states the righteous live by faith. They also state that without faith you cannot please. The one who does not trust Jehovah does not believe he is who he is because he is Trustworthy.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ June 29 2012,18:02)
    T;

Scripture states the righteous live by faith.  They also state that without faith you cannot please.  The one who does not trust Jehovah does not believe he is who he is because he is Trustworthy.

K

read the scriptures more and more you needed ,faith is it trust ???

what is the difference ???

and where is it written that Christ had faith ???

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ June 28 2012,17:35)

T;

Hi Kerwin,

Mike;

I see no reason to place the wagon before the oxen.  You should know that those that have the word written in there hearts and placed in their in their inward parts are righteous and holy like God.  You also know the righteous live by faith. It is faith that makes them God's people and not the word that instead reveals them as his people; as by their fruit they are known.  

Does scripture tell us when or why Jesus started being called the Word of God?  If it does, that is news to me.

Anyway, your response was irrelevant to my question.  I only want to know if God meant Jesus when he spoke of putting His word in His people's inward parts in Jer 31:33.  Do you think God was talking about Jesus in that scripture?

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 29 2012,11:26)

Quote (kerwin @ June 28 2012,17:35)

T;

Hi Kerwin,

Mike;

Does scripture tell us when or why Jesus started being called the Word of God?  If it does, that is news to me.

Anyway, your response was irrelevant to my question.  I only want to know if God meant Jesus when he spoke of putting His word in His people's inward parts in Jer 31:33.  Do you think God was talking about Jesus in that scripture?

Mike B.

I know the question was not directed to me:but to Kerwin.

Rev.19:13. And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name was called; THE WORD OF GOD.

Isiah43:11. I, even I, am the Lord;and beside me there is no SAVIOUR.

44:6. Thus said the lord the KING of israel,AND HIS REDEEMER the LORD OF HOST; I AM THE FIRST ,AND I AM THE LAST,beside me there is no God.(???).

8. Fear ye not,neither be afraid: have I not told thee from that time,and have declared it? Ye are even my witnesses.
    Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God: I know not any.

wakeup.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Wakeup,

I have no clue what question those verses are supposed to answer, or what you're trying to tell me with them.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 29 2012,09:51)

Hi Jammin,

God bless
    Ed J

Hebrews 7
    20 And it was not without an oath! Others became priests without any oath, 21 but he became a priest with an oath when God said to him:

“The Lord has sworn

28 For the law appoints as high priests men who are weak; but the oath, which came after the law, appointed the Son, who has been made perfect forever.

Ed, this passage is talking about priests who have been appointed by the law versus our current High Priest, who was appointed by a promise (oath) from God.  Paul is not teaching that the Word brought the Son into being.  I believe you purposely misunderstand the context of the teaching.

Hi Mike,

I believe that scripture is written on more than one level; do you not believe this?

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ June 29 2012,14:06)

Hi Jammin,

God bless
    Ed J

Hebrews 7

“The Lord has sworn

Hi Mike,

I believe that scripture is written on more than one level; do you not believe this?

God bless

Isaiah 33:17-22 Thine eyes shall see the king in his beauty: they shall behold the land that is very far off.
    18 Thine heart shall meditate terror. Where is the scribe? where is the receiver? where is he that counted the towers?
    19 Thou shalt not see a fierce people, a people of a deeper speech than thou canst perceive; of a stammering tongue, that thou
    canst not understand. 20 Look upon Zion, the [Holy City] (Rev.21:2-3) of our solemnities: thine eyes shall see Jerusalem a quiet habitation,

a tabernacle that shall not be taken down; not one of the stakes thereof shall ever be removed, neither shall any of the cords
    thereof be broken. 21 But there the glorious LORD will be unto us a place of broad rivers and streams (Rev.22:1-3); wherein shall go no galley
    with oars, neither shall gallant ship pass thereby. 22 For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, [The LORD JEHOVAH] is our king; he will save us.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ June 29 2012,21:13)

Quote (Ed J @ June 29 2012,14:06)

Hi Jammin,

God bless
    Ed J

Hebrews 7

“The Lord has sworn

Hi Mike,

God bless

Isaiah 33:17-22 Thine eyes shall see the king in his beauty: they shall behold the land that is very far off.
    18 Thine heart shall meditate terror. Where is the scribe? where is the receiver? where is he that counted the towers?
    19 Thou shalt not see a fierce people, a people of a deeper speech than thou canst perceive; of a stammering tongue, that thou
    canst not understand. 20 Look upon Zion, the [Holy City] (Rev.21:2-3) of our solemnities: thine eyes shall see Jerusalem a quiet habitation,

a tabernacle that shall not be taken down; not one of the stakes thereof shall ever be removed, neither shall any of the cords
    thereof be broken. 21 But there the glorious LORD will be unto us a place of broad rivers and streams (Rev.22:1-3); wherein shall go no galley
    with oars, neither shall gallant ship pass thereby. 22 For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, [The LORD JEHOVAH] is our king; he will save us.

ed

where are you going with this ,????

what connection this has with THE WORD OF GOD ,OR CHRIST BECOMING THE HIGH PRIEST ????

this scriptures do not help you to prove your faulty believe that the holy spirit his THE WORD OF GOD ;

YOU ARE MAKING SIGNS OF DIRECTION WHEN YOU CAN NOT HAVE THE LAST WORDS ,WHEN YOU WRONG THEIR ARE NOT OTHER ALTERNATIVE THAN FACING THE TRUTH AND ACCEPT IT WITH JOY.

Ed J
    Participant

Your negative opinions carry little to no meaning.

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 29 2012,12:28)
    Wakeup,

I have no clue what question those verses are supposed to answer, or what you're trying to tell me with them.

MokeB.

Your question: Does it say in scripture, when Jesus was called the word of God?
    My answer; yes,in rev.19:13.
    ————————————————-
    You notice in isiah 43:11. it says,that beside me there is no saviour?

But then in 44:6. It mentioined the king of israel AND HIS REDEEMER,THE LORD OF HOST.(??).
    Is this a contradiction?

wakeup.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Wakeup @ June 29 2012,15:01)
    MokeB.

Your question: Does it say in scripture, when Jesus was called the word of God?
    My answer; yes,in rev.19:13.

wakeup.

My answer: no place

Viewing 20 posts - 8,361 through 8,380 (of 25,909 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account