JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 7,881 through 7,900 (of 25,907 total)
  • Author
    Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 13 2012,10:14)
    Hi Frank,
    Then what relevance was there in your comment about other versions?
    Do you believe the magicians turned rods into snakes and that the snake of Moses swallowed them?

Nick,

Concerning my mention that I have access to diverse versions, this was to in fact tell you that I am quite familiar with what translations say concerning this account, and in turn tell you that it was not necessary for you to post the Scripture text that you posted and that I am already quite familiar with what it says.

What I have doubts about is your comprehending what it is that you read!

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ June 13 2012,16:27)

Quote (terraricca @ June 12 2012,14:06)

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ June 12 2012,20:44)

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ June 12 2012,13:31)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 12 2012,13:28)
    Hi Frank,
    So long as we know you are above scripture we can understand you better.

Nick,

I have never proclaimed to be “above Scripture”, but you are most certainly below me with your snide remarks!  :D

The magician who can walk on water: Dynamo crosses the River Thames on foot – without using a bridge
    By Gavin Allen
    UPDATED: 14:50 EST, 30 June 2011

f

Biblical epic: Magician Dynamo poses while standing in the middle of the River Thames where he performed an ILLUSION in which he appeared to walk on water

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news….XpReukp

Pieear,

That is what magicians do, ILLUSIONS!  :D

F

I know this is fake ,what Jesus did was NOT

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ June 13 2012,10:33)

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ June 13 2012,16:27)

Quote (terraricca @ June 12 2012,14:06)

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ June 12 2012,20:44)

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ June 12 2012,13:31)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 12 2012,13:28)
    Hi Frank,
    So long as we know you are above scripture we can understand you better.

Nick,

I have never proclaimed to be “above Scripture”, but you are most certainly below me with your snide remarks!  :D

The magician who can walk on water: Dynamo crosses the River Thames on foot – without using a bridge
    By Gavin Allen
    UPDATED: 14:50 EST, 30 June 2011

f

Biblical epic: Magician Dynamo poses while standing in the middle of the River Thames where he performed an ILLUSION in which he appeared to walk on water

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news….XpReukp

Pieear,

That is what magicians do, ILLUSIONS!  :D

F

I know this is fake ,what Jesus did was NOT

Piear,

Who said anything about what YOUR “Jesus” did being real or not? ??? Did you loose something on the way to the store or what? :D

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ June 12 2012,17:10)
    Mike,

The true fact is, Phil 2 DOES NOT explain that Yahshua “was already existing in the form of God before being made into a human being”!

I believe that Phil 2 not only teaches this truth, but teaches it very clearly.  There really is no guess work involved, since Paul states:

1.  Jesus was existing in the form of God.
    2.  Jesus emptied himself (or “made himself of no account”).
    3.  Jesus was made into a human being.
    4.  After becoming a human being, Jesus humbled himself to the point of death on a stake.

This is the teaching, as far as I can tell.  And this teaching aligns perfectly with all other scriptural teachings, including John 1, where we learn that the one through whom God created all things, the one with the title “the Word of God”, the one who was with God Almighty in the beginning, became flesh and dwelled on earth among mankind.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Frank,
    So you got it right and scripture did not?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    You said.
    “1. Jesus was existing in the form of God.”
    No.
    CHRIST Jesus was .
    You are a slow learner.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Nick,

Paul said “Jesus” for a reason. If “Jesus” was not the one existing in the form of God before being made into a human, then scripture is flawed………..because Paul surely mentioned the person “Jesus”, didn't he?

It's not that I'm a “slow learner”, because I understand completely what you want that scripture to teach, and I have understood it since the first time you told me of your desire.

I understand that you want Paul to have said, “Christ was existing in the form of God, but then came to be IN a human being named Jesus.”

Unfortunately, I cannot bring myself to “learn” this, because it is not actually what Paul taught.

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 13 2012,11:01)
    Hi Frank,
    So you got it right and scripture did not?

Nick,

Father Yahweh's inspired prophetic word always trumps my word! :D

I am through with your snide remarks! I will no longer be responding to your posts from here on out, so you need not respond to any longer to my posts!

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 13 2012,10:59)

Mike,

The true fact is, Phil 2 DOES NOT explain that Yahshua “was already existing in the form of God before being made into a human being”!

I believe that Phil 2 not only teaches this truth, but teaches it very clearly.  There really is no guess work involved, since Paul states:

4.  After becoming a human being, Jesus humbled himself to the point of death on a stake.

This is the teaching, as far as I can tell.  And this teaching aligns perfectly with all other scriptural teachings, including John 1, where we learn that the one through whom God created all things, the one with the title “the Word of God”, the one who was with God Almighty in the beginning, became flesh and dwelled on earth among mankind.

Mike,

I actually agree with the following:

1.  Yahshua was existing in the form of Yahweh.
    2.  Yahshua emptied himself (or “made himself of no account”).
    3.  Yahshua was made a human being.
    4.  After becoming a human being, Yahshua humbled himself to the point of death on a stake.

What it is that I do not believe is that Shaul stating that Yahshua pre-existed his birth in the form of Yahweh!

The Pre-existence
    Philippians 2:5-11

By Voy Wilks
    1/29/92

jammin
    Participant

frank stop sniffing mosquito coil. your brain has no nutrition.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ June 12 2012,18:31)

Mike,

Mike,

4.  After becoming a human being, Yahshua humbled himself to the point of death on a stake.

What it is that I do not believe is that Shaul stating that Yahshua pre-existed his birth in the form of Yahweh!

And what about when you put Paul's words side by side with John's words?

John taught that the Word, which we both agree is a title that Jesus bears, was with God in the beginning, and then was made flesh.

Can you seriously see no connection there?

Do I dare ask what you think Paul's words were teaching? :) (If you answer, answer in your own words please, and not a million word cut and paste.)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    Correction.
    He said CHRIST JESUS.

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 13 2012,12:06)

Mike,

Mike,

John taught that the Word, which we both agree is a title that Jesus bears, was with God in the beginning, and then was made flesh.

Do I dare ask what you think Paul's words were teaching?  :)  (If you answer, answer in your own words please, and not a million word cut and paste.)

Mike,

I do not believe Yahshua pre-existed his birth as an actual being that was with his and our Father Yahweh in the beginning. I also do not believe that Yahshua pre-existed his birth as his and our Father Yahweh's word in the beginning. I believe that Father Yahweh's word was made flesh THROUGH (BY WAY OF) His son in that he was the spokesman of his and our Father Yahweh's word in this last time period as Hebrews 1:1-2 makes perfectly clear. I believe that Father Yahweh's word was manifest (MADE KNOWN or REVEALED) in the flesh in this last time period THROUGH (BY WAY OF) His son Yahshua.

Did Yahshua Create Or Pre-exist His Birth?

“Jesus IS God!”?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Things said about “the Word”………….

1.  He was with God in the beginning.  (John 1:1)

2.  Through him all things were made.  (John 1:3, 1:10)

3.  He was the true light that gives light to every man. (John 1:9)

4.  To those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God. (John 1:12)

5.  He became flesh.  (John 1:14)  

6.  He had the glory of God's only begotten. (John 1:14)

7.  John testified about him, saying he who came after him was really before him.  (John 1:15)

8.  He has eyes of blazing fire.  (Rev 19:12)

9.  Out of his mouth comes a sword.  (Rev 19:15,  19:21)

10.  He is the Lord of lords and King of kings.  (Rev 19:16)

Things said about “Jesus”………….

1.  He was with God in the beginning.  (Phil 2:6, Proverbs 8:22, Micah 5:2)

2.  Through him all things were made.  (Col 1:16, 1 Cor 8:6, Heb 1:2)

3.  He was the true light that gives light to every man. (John 8:12, 9:5)

4.  To those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God. (Gal 3:26, 4:4)

5.  He became flesh.  (Acts 2:30, Phil 2:7, Gal 4:4, Rom 1:3, Heb 2:14)  

6.  He had the glory of God's only begotten. (Matt 16:16, 1:18, 3:16, 3:18, 6:69.  Rom 8:32, 1 John 4:9, 4:10)

7.  John testified about him, saying he who came after him was really before him.  (John 1:30)

8.  He has eyes of blazing fire.  (Rev 1:14, 2:18)

9.  Out of his mouth comes a sword.  (Rev 1:16, 2:16)

10.  He is the Lord of lords and King of kings.  (Rev 17:14)

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ June 12 2012,19:22)

Mike,

Mike,

I do not believe Yahshua pre-existed his birth as an actual being ……….

Yes I know that, Frank. But I still wonder if you are able to see the connection between the teaching about Jesus in Phil 2 and the teaching about the Word in John 1?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    Of course Jesus was not with God nor was he God.

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 13 2012,12:33)

Mike,

Mike,

I do not believe Yahshua pre-existed his birth as an actual being ……….

Yes I know that, Frank.  But I still wonder if you are able to see the connection between the teaching about Jesus in Phil 2 and the teaching about the Word in John 1?

Mike,

Yahshua is not Father Yahweh's word, but he is the spokesman of His word in this last time period.

Did Yahshua Create Or Pre-exist His Birth?

“Jesus IS God!”?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

I believe that Father Yahweh's word was made flesh THROUGH (BY WAY OF) His son………

God's word spoke through many prophets, Frank.  Why was it only said to have been “made flesh” in the case of Jesus?

………he was the spokesman of his and our Father Yahweh's word in this last time period as Hebrews 1:1-2 makes perfectly clear.

I agree that Hebrews 1:2 says God spoke through His Son in these last days, but it also says God made the ages through his Son.

I believe that Father Yahweh's word was manifest (MADE KNOWN or REVEALED) in the flesh in this last time period THROUGH (BY WAY OF) His son Yahshua.

So then before Jesus, Yahweh's word wasn't made known by the other prophets?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ June 12 2012,19:37)
    Mike,

Yahshua is not Father Yahweh's word…………….

Yes Frank.  We have both agreed that Jesus is not literally a word of Jehovah.  But we have both agreed that Jesus bears the title “the Word of God”, right?

So you can honestly say that Jesus is not literally a spoken word of Yahweh, but you can't honestly say he is not Father Yahweh's Word, for that is truly one of his names.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 12 2012,19:36)
    Hi MB,
    Of course Jesus was not with God nor was he God.

Not only was Jesus with God in the beginning, but he had much glory alongside his God before the worlds were created through him. But then he was sent DOWN from heaven, not to do his own will, but the will of He who sent him DOWN from heaven.

You are correct that he was never God. He was, and is still, a god though.

Viewing 20 posts - 7,881 through 7,900 (of 25,907 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account