JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 7,621 through 7,640 (of 25,907 total)
  • Author
    kerwin
    Participant

Wakeup;

Have you considered the possibility that worship is a poor translation?

“proskuneó”

4352 proskynéō (from 4314 /prós, “towards” and kyneo, “to kiss”) – properly, to kiss the ground when prostrating before a superior; to worship, ready “to fall down/prostrate oneself to adore on one's knees” (DNTT); to “do obeisance” (BAGD).

The KJV uses “worship” as prostrating before a superior; as can seen from these words:

1 Chronicles 29:20
    King James Version (KJV)

20 And David said to all the congregation, Now bless the Lord your God. And all the congregation blessed the Lord God of their fathers, and bowed down their heads, and worshipped the Lord, and the king.

Here is my source.

jammin
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ May 31 2012,03:04)

Quote (jammin @ May 31 2012,02:49)

Quote (Ed J @ May 30 2012,21:43)
    Hi Jammin,

You don't believe the meaning of 2 cor 5.19?     …that God was “IN” Christ?

God bless
    Ed J

i believe that verse.
    i dont believe your illusion

read well the context boy. i already posted the meaning of the verse. if you dont believe that, then make your own bible LOL

Hi Jammin,

2 Cor. 5.19 says:  “God was IN Christ?”  do you doubt this?     …perhaps you need to study Greek a bit more?

2Cor.5:19 ως οτι θεος ην εν χριστω κοσμον καταλλασσων εαυτω μη λογιζομενος
    αυτοις τα παραπτωματα αυτων και θεμενος εν ημιν τον λογον της καταλλαγης

5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing
    their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

LOL

you are using greek bible but you do not know how to use it LOL

poor edj.

this is the meaning of that verse

Clarke's Commentary on the Bible

That God was in Christ – This is the doctrine which this ministry of reconciliation holds out, and the doctrine which it uses to bring about the reconciliation itself.

2 Corinthians 5:19

New Living Translation (NLT)

19 For God was in Christ, reconciling the world to himself, no longer counting people’s sins against them. And he gave us this wonderful message of reconciliation.

study hard boy

terraricca
    Participant

what is the difference

between being IN CHRIST or WITH CHRIST

what does Christ loses in one condition that he would have in the other ??????????????????????????????????????

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi jammin,
    Found another friendly commentator to help YOUR doctrines?
    Truth is better,

“Thy word is truth”

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ May 31 2012,12:07)

Quote (Ed J @ May 31 2012,03:04)

Quote (jammin @ May 31 2012,02:49)

Quote (Ed J @ May 30 2012,21:43)
    Hi Jammin,

You don't believe the meaning of 2 cor 5.19?     …that God was “IN” Christ?

God bless
    Ed J

i believe that verse.
    i dont believe your illusion

read well the context boy. i already posted the meaning of the verse. if you dont believe that, then make your own bible LOL

Hi Jammin,

2 Cor. 5.19 says:  “God was IN Christ?”  do you doubt this?     …perhaps you need to study Greek a bit more?

2Cor.5:19 ως οτι θεος ην εν χριστω κοσμον καταλλασσων εαυτω μη λογιζομενος
    αυτοις τα παραπτωματα αυτων και θεμενος εν ημιν τον λογον της καταλλαγης

5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing
    their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

God bless

LOL

you are using greek bible but you do not know how to use it LOL

poor edj.

this is the meaning of that verse

Clarke's Commentary on the Bible

That God was in Christ – This is the doctrine which this ministry of reconciliation holds out, and the doctrine which it uses to bring about the reconciliation itself.

2 Corinthians 5:19

New Living Translation (NLT)

19 For God was in Christ, reconciling the world to himself, no longer counting people’s sins against them. And he gave us this wonderful message of reconciliation.

study hard boy

Hi Jammin,

You continually show that you really do not know Greek.
    You've tried to convince other H-net members that you do?

I do not know much Greek myself, but I know enough to know
    that you are trying to fool others about your knowledge of Greek.

God bless

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jammin,
    You seem to be the only person believing what you do.
    All others are blind?

kerwin
    Participant

Jammin;

1 yes. but the bible says that Christ is God and LORD john 20.28

You state that Jesus is a God and a Lord that himself has the same God and Father as his brothers.  
     So you know that Jesus is not his own God and Lord; whom is to us is the only God; but he is one of the gods and lords that is in heaven or on earth; even the Chief One.

2. yes .. bec God manifested in the flesh. that is the son and not the father. he is God by nature phil 2.6

Jesus teaches us the Father dwells in him and he is dwells in the Father; Therefore the Father dwells in flesh and Jesus is that flesh.

Jesus is the image/shape of God as he does only as he sees Jehovah; the Father of the righteous and holy doing; just as it is written:

John 5:19
    King James Version (KJV)

19 Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.

3. so what is your point here? the bible did not say that Christ is not GOD>
    what we can read is that Christ is God and LORD
    he is GOD by nature.

Jesus is not Jehovah; Jehovah dwells in him through his Spirit.

4. the bible says one LORD and that is Christ.
    so if i am going to follow your argument, the father is not LORD to you… LOL

1 Corinthians 15:27
    King James Version (KJV)

27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.

And

Mark 12:36
    King James Version (KJV)

36 For David himself said by the Holy Ghost, The LORD said to my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool.

barley
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Feb. 01 2012,14:46)
    anyone from the anti christ group willing to answer this topic?

You mean besides yourself?  How about a reply from the believers of God?

In the beginning God.

Genesis 1:1

“In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.”

In the beginning the word.

John 1:1

“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.”

Most certainly, God is the word.

What does “word” logos mean?

In general, it simply means a message, not emphasizing the actual words used, but the thought behind the words.

For example below are two examples of the same thought, but entirely different words are used.

1.  God will never leave us or forsake us.

2.  God is always with us.

One is stated in the negative,  the other is stated in the positive, but the thought is the same.

Where did God's thoughts originate from?

1.  a ghost writer

2.  He was schooled by his elders and his parents and grand parents and teachers and playmates

3.  God  

If you chose “3” you are correct!

Romans 11:33-36

“O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!
    34 For who hath known the mind of the Lord? or who hath been his counsellor?
    35 Or who hath first given to him, and it shall be recompensed unto him again?
    36 For of him, and through him, and to him, are all things: to whom be glory for ever. Amen. “

So what was on God's mind that He created the heavens and the earth?

He was preparing for mankind.  

He wanted to fellowship.  I John 1:3

“That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.”

Did God have fellowship with mankind?

Yes, with Adam and Eve He did.

But A and E erred.

Did God know they would err?

Yes, God has foreknowledge.

God already knew and already had thought this through.

He already had a plan for man's redemption.

Genesis 3:15 is the announcement of that plan.

Did that plan, his thoughts, immediately come to pass?

No, it took centuries before a woman would believe to carry that seed.

Mary was that woman.

Mary believed God's word and God was able to make his thoughts come to pass.  God's thoughts, his words, his plans for man's redemption became flesh.

Who is God's plan for redemption?

Jesus Christ.

God had planned for Jesus Christ even before Genesis 1:1.  God had foreknowledge.  Of course he did.

Genesis 3:15 was not an eleventh hour plan.  God already had the plan.

Jesus Christ is that plan made flesh..  His word his thoughts became flesh.

Where do we read of that plan?  In God's word, the logos, the scripture.

Did God foreknow scripture? Sure, God had foreknowledge.

Did your Bible exist before Genesis 1:1?

Of course not.  But the content, every word, every jot and tittle of God's word was already in God's mind.  God has foreknowledge.

Was Jesus Christ in existence before Genesis 1:1?

No, but God already knew that Jesus Christ would redeem man, because God had a successful plan already in place.

How could God be sure it would work?  God is wise, and He has foreknowledge.

And even though Jesus Christ did not exist until Matthew 1:18,

God trusts in His own ability to bring His words, His logos, to pass.

Romans 4:17

“(As it is written, I have made thee a father of many nations,) before him whom he believed, even God, who quickeneth the dead, and calleth those things which be not as though they were. ”  

So God's words were with God in the beginning.

His written word was already in God's mind before the first Prophet to receive and write down God's word showed up.

And Jesus Christ, God's word, His plan for man's redemption was in God's foreknowledge before Genesis 1:1

God is the master planner.

He does not fail.

People fail.

God does not fail.

The word that was with God was His words that would eventually be spoken and/or written down and and the word Jesus Christ the man that would carry out God's word was already in God's foreknowledge.

That is why Jesus Christ could talk about the glory that he had with the Father from the beginning.

God had already had it all planned out.

God created the heavens and the earth by Jesus Christ.

He planned His creation to accommodate Jesus Christ's God given assignment, to redeem mankind.

God created the heavens and earth not so we could have i phones but so that Jesus Christ could be blessed and successful.

And not overstep man's free will or be unjust to Himself, mankind or the Devil.

God legally redeemed mankind.  He planned it that way from the beginning, actually from before the beginning.

That is what God is all about.

Love.

Light

Spirit

How awesome a God that He had us in mind way back then.

Ephesians 1:4

“According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:”

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi B,
    Of course a word is not a thought or a plan but an expression of a thought of plan.

“the word has gone forth”

Jesus Christ proceeded forth AND came from God.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ May 30 2012,23:50)
    So you know that Jesus is not his own God and Lord…….. but he is one of the gods and lords that is in heaven or on earth; even the Chief One.

Hallelujah!  

It's good to see that yet another HN member is willing to place what the scriptures actually teach above the more popular, general consensus of the world as a whole.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ May 30 2012,00:56)
    Provided the punctuation is correct and John is not speaking of the Only Begotten of God then he is speaking of the Word and not Jesus though the Word is doing all things through Jesus at that time. John 1:30 applies the same words to Jesus Christ because the Word continuously does all things through him.

Hmmmmmmmm…………

John the Baptist says very specific words about one called “the Word”, and then says those same specific words about one called “Jesus”, right?

So what is it that you're saying, Kerwin? That John said those specific words first about “the Word” (not Jesus), and THEN about Jesus?

Am I understanding you correctly?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    But I doubt KW agrees with you that he was a LESSER god, or an ANGEL who came to earth
    The Word was with God and was GOD.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

One bridge at a time, Nick. :)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    But the destination seems to be fluff

mikeboll64
    Blocked

The only destination I offer is what the scriptures truly teach – no matter what's popular in today's society.

Today, Kerwin has joined the ranks of Pierre and me by adding his own voice to the scriptural truth that Jesus is a god, but not The God.  

That is the scriptural fact of the matter; and accepting scriptural truth – however unpopular – is always a step in the right direction.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 01 2012,10:59)
    The only destination I offer is what the scriptures truly teach – no matter what's popular in today's society.

Today, Kerwin has joined the ranks of Pierre and me by adding his own voice to the scriptural truth that Jesus is a god, but not The God.  

That is the scriptural fact of the matter; and accepting scriptural truth – however unpopular – is always a step in the right direction.

Why do you work to discredit Isa 44:8?

“Ye are even my witnesses.
    Is there 'a God' beside me? yea,
    there is 'no God'; I know not any.” (Isa 44:8)

God bless

barley
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 01 2012,06:26)
    Hi B,
    Of course a word is not a thought or a plan but an expression of a thought of plan.

“the word has gone forth”

Jesus Christ proceeded forth AND came from God.

Indeed, God's thoughts are expressed in words among other things.

God's word was made flesh.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi B,
    Of course the Word was with God and was God

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Ed J @ May 31 2012,19:29)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 01 2012,10:59)

Why do you work to discredit Isa 44:8?

“Ye are even my witnesses.
    Is there 'a God' beside me? yea,
    there is 'no God'; I know not any.” (Isa 44:8)

God bless
    Ed J

Isaiah 43:11
    I, even I, am the LORD, and apart from me there is no savior.

Isaiah 45:21
    And there is no God apart from me, a righteous God and a Savior; there is none but me.

Ed, now compare:
    Nehemiah 9:27
    Then in the time of their suffering they cried out to you and you heard them from heaven, and according to your great mercies you gave them saviors who saved them from the hands of their enemies.

Acts 13:23
    From this man’s descendants God has brought to Israel the Savior Jesus, as he promised.

Ed, how can Jehovah say He is the ONLY Savior, yet still SEND other saviors for His people?  Were Nehemiah, Paul, and Peter all “working to discredit” God's word?  Or could it be, like I've showed you over and over, that you are misunderstanding phrases like “only god” and “only lord” and “only savior”?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    You still do not understand that God does HIS work through vessels?

Viewing 20 posts - 7,621 through 7,640 (of 25,907 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account