JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 7,421 through 7,440 (of 25,908 total)
  • Author
    kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ May 25 2012,04:50)

Quote (kerwin @ May 25 2012,09:00)
    T;

Scripture itself declares God is Spirit; and desires his children to worship him in the spirit; for it is written:

John 4:24
    King James Version (KJV)

24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Or

English Standard Version (ESV)

24 God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth.”

A parallel passage is:

1 John 4:8
    King James Version (KJV)

8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

Or

8  Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love.

Here is one more Scripture to add context to these words.

1 John 4:16

16 So we have come to know and to believe the love that God has for us. God is love, and whoever abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him.

So to us God is the Spirit of Love and his children worship him in the Spirit of Love.  Jesus is the Pioneer of those that worship him in the Spirit of Love; and the means by which Yahweh’s other children worship him in the Spirit of Love.

K

what is it you want to say with your understanding in scriptures ???

that scriptures are confusing ???

T;

Scripture supports itself; even as the passages I quoted supported one another.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ May 24 2012,07:44)
    1} I claim that the Word is the name Jesus is called by.
    2} I claim that name was made flesh
    3} I claim the flesh it was made was made of women and made subject to the requirements of the Word; which is the Law.

And tell me, what scripture prohibits Jesus from being the one called by the name “the Word” in John 1:1 and 1:14?

In the beginning was [the one who is called by the name] the Word, and [the one who is called by the name] the Word was with God……….

14 [The one who is called by the name] the Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth.

Tell me why my understanding doesn't work, Kerwin.  Is it because you just don't WANT it to?   ???

After all, MY understanding matches PERFECTLY with at least 50 other scriptures, while YOUR understanding results in you making nonsensical mish-mash out of those 50 other scriptures – much like the nonsensical mish-mash of your point #2 in the quote box above.

(I would like a serious and direct response to my bolded request, please.)

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ May 25 2012,17:03)

Quote (terraricca @ May 25 2012,04:50)

Quote (kerwin @ May 25 2012,09:00)
    T;

Scripture itself declares God is Spirit; and desires his children to worship him in the spirit; for it is written:

King James Version (KJV)

24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Or

24 God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth.”

A parallel passage is:

King James Version (KJV)

8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

Or

8  Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love.

Here is one more Scripture to add context to these words.

1 John 4:16

16 So we have come to know and to believe the love that God has for us. God is love, and whoever abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him.

So to us God is the Spirit of Love and his children worship him in the Spirit of Love.  Jesus is the Pioneer of those that worship him in the Spirit of Love; and the means by which Yahweh’s other children worship him in the Spirit of Love.

K

what is it you want to say with your understanding in scriptures ???

that scriptures are confusing ???

T;

Scripture supports itself; even as the passages I quoted supported one another.

k

SO IS GOD A SPIRIT BEING OR JUST SPIRIT ????

IS GOD LOVE OR DOES GOD HAS LOVE ??? ,BECAUSE LOVE IS NOT A PERSON or soul BUT A QUALITY OF IT ,

NOW ANSWER THOSE QUESTIONS WITH YOU QUOTED SCRIPTURES IF YOU CAN

kerwin
    Participant

Mike;

If I were to base my understanding ONLY on a scripture that said John was sent from God and a scripture that said Jesus was sent forth from God, you and I would likely have no argument, Kerwin.

Those Scripture are a house of cards based on misunderstandings that come from the lack of knowledge of how Scripture uses language.  An example of this is:

A person who is sent by God comes from God; just as it is written:

John 3:2
    King James Version (KJV)

2 The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.

Nicodemus declares Jesus is “a teacher” which infers there is more than one teacher that comes from God.  We know Jesus is the Teacher; as he is the Messiah who was sent from and comes from God.

Note:  I can address these points over time; God willing; but I lack the time to walk over ground that has already been covered.

terraricca
    Participant

K

Note: I can address these points over time; God willing; but I lack the time to walk over ground that has already been covered.

:D :D :D :D

kerwin
    Participant

T;

Scripture explicitly states “God is Love”

We can infer that means his Spirit is the source of Love; and not that he is literally Love.

We know God commands us to worship him by loving as he loves.

John 4:24 is teaching us to worship Jehovah in the same Spirit of Love and Truth that God is the source of.  It does not teach us Yawheh is a Spirit being.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ May 26 2012,12:44)
    T;

We can infer that means his Spirit is the source of Love; and not that he is literally Love.

John 4:24 is teaching us to worship Jehovah in the same Spirit of Love and Truth that God is the source of.  It does not teach us Yawheh is a Spirit being.

K

It does not teach us Yawheh is a Spirit being.

why then scriptures tell s us that he has a soul ???

why then scriptures tells us he has feelings ,and ears and has eyes ???

why is it then that he created us earthly beings and the angels heavenly beings and we are created to his image ?????????

are you try to tell us that what we can see does not exist ???

read Exodus again and listen this time

terraricca
    Participant

K

if you going to teach partially scriptures with your own vision then you waisting peoples time and take all who listen ashtray,

you have to consider ;who his God ,??
                                 ;who his the son of God ??
                                 why God send his son from heaven ???
                                 why how and why men could only be saved by the son of God ???

why some men will go to heaven ???
                                  why God waited this long to bring all things under his  will ???

all of those answers have to be considered wen you answer questions to others or teach,if not you are not saying what is true to God but to you in stead.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ May 26 2012,01:05)

T;

K

why is it then that he created us earthly beings and the angels heavenly beings and we are created to his image ?????????

T;

I stated only that John 4:24 does not teach us that God is a spirit being as it teaches a different message.

I choose not to debate whether he is or not at this time.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ May 26 2012,13:27)

Quote (terraricca @ May 26 2012,01:05)

T;

K

T;

I stated only that John 4:24 does not teach us that God is a spirit being as it teaches a different message.  

I choose not to debate whether he is or not at this time.

K

is not for those reasons that you should never take ONE scripture out of the bible and use it as to form an opinion on ???

because this way you would be most likely wrong ,even that, that scripture say what it says , this is why we cannot remove anything out or put in to ,but considered as one “the written word of God “

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ May 26 2012,09:48)
    you should never take ONE scripture out of the bible and use it as to form an opinion on ???

because this way you would be most likely wrong…

Hi Pierre,

Like YOU do for John 1:14?

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ May 26 2012,17:01)

you should never take ONE scripture out of the bible and use it as to form an opinion on ???

Hi Pierre,

God bless

eddy

wake up ,Mike and Irene and I have given 50 scriptures but of no avail ,you still believe in your single scripture

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    But you understand nothing spiritual.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 26 2012,18:49)
    Hi T,
    But you understand nothing spiritual.

N

I have notice that from you ,and still waiting for a ton of questions you never respond to with an answer from scriptures

kerwin
    Participant

T;

You are correct that Scripture must be taken in context of what is true.

We are taught our primary call is to seek God's righteousness and his kingdom.

Matthew 6:33
    King James Version (KJV)

33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you

Why bother debating whether or not God is a Spirit being; if we have not got this settled.

God is the Spirit of Love and his children to worship him in both Love and Truth.

It is also written:

1 Corinthians 13:13
    King James Version (KJV)

13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ May 26 2012,11:11)

Hi Pierre,

God bless

eddy

wake up ,Mike and Irene and I have given 50 scriptures but of no avail ,you still believe in your single scripture

Hi Pierre,

None of those verses prove your assertions,
    what makes you 'think' that they do?

God bless

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ May 26 2012,20:21)
    T;

We are taught our primary call is to seek God's righteousness and his kingdom.

Matthew 6:33
    King James Version (KJV)

33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you

Why bother debating whether or not God is a Spirit being; if we have not got this settled.

God is the Spirit of Love and his children to worship him in both Love and Truth.

It is also written:

1 Corinthians 13:13
    King James Version (KJV)

13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

K

tell me witch one of the knowledge comes first ???

NOT ONLY IN CONTEXT OF THE CHAPTER,BUT IN CONTEXT OF THE ENTIRE BIBLE

seeking is doing something ;like studying,research,acting on the knowledge,SHARRING , this would mean and his righteousness

AND THEN AND ONLY THEN ;ALL THESE THINGS SHALL BE ADDED UNTO YOU,

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ May 26 2012,20:41)

Quote (terraricca @ May 26 2012,11:11)

Hi Pierre,

God bless

eddy

Hi Pierre,

None of those verses prove your assertions,
    what makes you 'think' that they do?

God bless

edj

for your inability to see the truth ,this is from God ,you must have something in you that prevent the truth of God reach your mind and heart ,

but this I do not know what it would be ,

but what I know is that I would not support your teachings and believes ,

unless you are quoting scriptures

Ed J
    Participant

PIERRE,

What makes you think your beliefs are TRUTH,
    and at the same time others beliefs are false?

God bless

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ May 26 2012,21:01)
    PIERRE,

What makes you think your beliefs are TRUTH,
    and at the same time others beliefs are false?

God bless

edj

I only believe scriptures all of it ,what is yours ?????

why are you not stay sticked to scriptures all of it ,

the truth of God is like building a puzzle every truth you add or understand is a step forward to the full picture ,each time you misplace a part you are loosing many parts of truth because the misplaced part makes also all the surrounding pieces look out of place in regard to the true picture or Godly truth , and so by keeping those pieces in place you are driven backward,away from the truth more and more in time

Viewing 20 posts - 7,421 through 7,440 (of 25,908 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account