JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 6,501 through 6,520 (of 25,908 total)
  • Author
    Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ April 26 2012,17:23)

Quote (jammin @ April 26 2012,17:00)

Quote (Ed J @ April 26 2012,16:46)

Quote (jammin @ April 26 2012,16:19)
    based on the context what did john said?

did he say that the word is the

1. Holy spirit
    2. son of GOD

pls choose your answer

Hi Jammin,

Are you trying to change Scripture?
    John said: “The Word” was God.
    And you agreed that the “HolySpirit” was God.      …so what's the problem?

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

the problem is your understanding to the context. LOL

you dont know how to read the bible. you are just jumping to the other verses to support your man made doctrine,. that is not the right way to read the bible. there is a context boy LOL

now answer my question.
    based on the context, who is the WORD that john said.

1. holy spirit
    2. son of GOD

pls answer 1 or 2

Hi Jammin,

Does the context change the meaning of: “The Word” was God?

God bless

Based on what the bible is saying:  “The Word” is the “HolySpirit” !

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ April 26 2012,09:26)

Quote (kerwin @ April 26 2012,14:17)
    Charity,

There is evidence that the line of Solomon lost their hold on the throne; just as the line of Saul did previously.  There is no evidence one way or another as regards the line of Nathan.  A descendant of the line of Nathan still keeps God’s promise to David and Yahweh puts on the throne whoever he chooses.

Hi Kerwin,

Look again at Luke 3:23-31, verse 31 specifically.
    Do you know what “as was supposed” means?

God bless

Ed,

The line of decent in Luke is Mary's line as she is clearly the witness. Matthew gives the line of Joseph.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ April 26 2012,09:32)
    Hi Kerwin,

The line through Solomon was cursed. (2Samuel 12:10-11 and Rev.22:16)

Ed;

That is true but Scripture continued to call it the royal line.

jammin
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ April 26 2012,17:23)

Quote (jammin @ April 26 2012,17:00)

Quote (Ed J @ April 26 2012,16:46)

Quote (jammin @ April 26 2012,16:19)
    based on the context what did john said?

1. Holy spirit
    2. son of GOD

pls choose your answer

Hi Jammin,

Are you trying to change Scripture?
    John said: “The Word” was God.
    And you agreed that the “HolySpirit” was God.      …so what's the problem?

God bless

the problem is your understanding to the context. LOL

you dont know how to read the bible. you are just jumping to the other verses to support your man made doctrine,. that is not the right way to read the bible. there is a context boy LOL

now answer my question.
    based on the context, who is the WORD that john said.

1. holy spirit
    2. son of GOD

pls answer 1 or 2

Hi Jammin,

Does the context change the meaning of: “The Word” was God?

God bless

the Word was GOD correct.
    but john did not say that the word is the holy spirit.

read the context boy. even the greek bible did not say that the Word is the HS.

make your own version boy LOL

jammin
    Participant

14και ο λογος σαρξ εγενετο και εσκηνωσεν εν ημιν και εθεασαμεθα την δοξαν αυτου δοξαν ως μονογενους παρα πατρος πληρης χαριτος και αληθειας

15ιωαννης μαρτυρει περι αυτου και κεκραγεν λεγων ουτος ην ον ειπον ο οπισω μου ερχομενος εμπροσθεν μου γεγονεν οτι πρωτος μου ην

16και εκ του πληρωματος αυτου ημεις παντες ελαβομεν και χαριν αντι χαριτος

17οτι ο νομος δια μωσεως εδοθη η χαρις και η αληθεια δια ιησου χριστου εγενετο

18θεον ουδεις εωρακεν πωποτε ο μονογενης υιος ο ων εις τον κολπον του πατρος εκεινος εξηγησατο

what did john said?

1. Holy spirit
    2. son of GOD

pls choose your answer

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ April 26 2012,17:24)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 26 2012,09:20)
    Hi KW,
    The human spirit is not in God nor is it recreated.
    The human spirit of Jesus left him at calvary.

You mean the soul?

Nick,

All I know is Jesus states I am in the Father  and the Father is in me.  I also know God is in him through the Spirit of God so it seems reasonable that Jesus is in God through his spirit.  It is the unity of the spirit.

Jesus commended(entrusted) his spirit into God's hands.

Luke 23:46
    King James Version (KJV)

46And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost.

I see nowhere that it is written it was not returned to him.

Hi KW,
    I agree.

It is not written that his own human spirit returned to him
    The single grain had fallen to the ground and died.

The new creation lives by the Spirit of God.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ April 26 2012,17:35)

Quote (Ed J @ April 26 2012,09:26)

Quote (kerwin @ April 26 2012,14:17)
    Charity,

There is evidence that the line of Solomon lost their hold on the throne; just as the line of Saul did previously.  There is no evidence one way or another as regards the line of Nathan.  A descendant of the line of Nathan still keeps God’s promise to David and Yahweh puts on the throne whoever he chooses.

Hi Kerwin,

Look again at Luke 3:23-31, verse 31 specifically.
    Do you know what “as was supposed” means?

God bless

Ed,

The line of decent in Luke is Mary's line as she is clearly the witness.  Matthew gives the line of Joseph.

Hi Kerwin, You are CORRECT!

Matt.22:42-45, Mark 12:35-37, Luke 20:41-44, and Matt.1:20
    all discount Joesph from being the father of Jesus.

Matt.1:18-20 and Luke 1:35 point directly to
    Jesus being the progeny of God's “HolySpirit”! (Son of God)

(Note: [Son=48] and “Son of God” is used exactly 48 times in the “AKJV Bible!)

And Matt. 1:18, Luke 1:35 and Acts 1:14 point
    directly to Jesus being the progeny of Mary! (Son of Man)

([Son of Man=97] “Son of Man” Theomatic hit of `97×2 for the times it is used)

God bless

jammin
    Participant

14και ο λογος σαρξ εγενετο και εσκηνωσεν εν ημιν και εθεασαμεθα την δοξαν αυτου δοξαν ως μονογενους παρα πατρος πληρης χαριτος και αληθειας

15ιωαννης μαρτυρει περι αυτου και κεκραγεν λεγων ουτος ην ον ειπον ο οπισω μου ερχομενος εμπροσθεν μου γεγονεν οτι πρωτος μου ην

18θεον ουδεις εωρακεν πωποτε ο μονογενης υιος ο ων εις τον κολπον του πατρος εκεινος εξηγησατο

what did john said?

1. Holy spirit
    2. son of GOD

pls choose your answer

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ April 26 2012,17:37)

Hi Kerwin,

Ed;

Hi Kerwin,

The Crown was first taken away from David, starting in 1Kings 11:31-35, with
    the removal of 10 tribes, and finishing in 1Kings 12:20. (study well my friend!)

Your brother
    in Christ, Jesus.
    holycitybiblecode.org

charity
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ April 26 2012,19:48)

what did john said?

1. Holy spirit
    2. son of GOD

pls choose your answer

Im sure you care that john was saying all new things…mixing old things into a very odd new result…after all the murder of Jesus changed the order of what was hope for……an is clearly the strength behind the catholic church's victorious new on going reign…

Na never mind …..Cant believe the Gospel of John never gets directly questioned for motivation…an made accountable towards dictator positions ….

everything right up to…the priest very serious about casting demons out of people…an devils entering bodies…people having satan as their father….so go ahead an abuse them with your mouth….stupidness, unless demons can repent an become normal…no they forgot to tell us if that was possible…the word is nothing without reason to carry on in  its own striff…

An Jesus can still be a reincarnated old soul, in new vessle…
    theres more ways than John's way to skin a cat…an more revealing towards the true nature of his murders

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ April 26 2012,14:54)

Quote (kerwin @ April 26 2012,17:37)

Hi Kerwin,

Ed;

Hi Kerwin,

The Crown was first taken away from David, starting in 1Kings 11:31-35, with
    the removal of 10 tribes, and finishing in 1Kings 12:20. (study well my friend!)

Your brother
    in Christ, Jesus.
    holycitybiblecode.org

Ed,

The crown was taken from Salomon's line but they retained two tribes for the sake of David.  The line of kings is mentioned on the return from Babylonian captivity.  

Jesus is the natural decedent of David through his son Nathan and the adopted son of David through his son Solomon.

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

It is written:

John 12
    New King James Version (NKJV)

23 But Jesus answered them, saying, “The hour has come that the Son of Man should be glorified. 24 Most assuredly, I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the ground and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies, it produces much grain. 25 He who loves his life will lose it, and he who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life. 26 If anyone serves Me, let him follow Me; and where I am, there My servant will be also. If anyone serves Me, him My Father will honor.

It is true that the Spirit of God only came as Councilor because Jesus died and was given authority to send it.

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ April 26 2012,14:42)

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ April 26 2012,20:28)

Quote (terraricca @ April 26 2012,13:06)

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ April 26 2012,19:43)

Quote (terraria @ April 26 2012,12:23)
    F

You certainly do have a perverted belief concerning Father Yahweh's inspired prophetic word!  

:D :D :D what is it ???? I would like to know , scriptures not your OPINION:laugh:

Pier,

Oh, I left you out! You are of the same opinion as Mike that Father Yahweh's word is an actual being, right?  :D

F

my name is ;Peter ,Pierre, Sephase ,Bedros,Petrus,Pietro,

and so on in different languages ,this name means ROCK

NOW AM I A ROCK ??? OR A HUMAN BEING CALLED “ROCK”

Pieear,

I have always been told that the name Peter means 'small stone' or 'small pebble”. Surely you are not deceived into believing the doctrine “On Peter the Church is built.”, are you?

F

I believe what scriptures say ,but did Christ meant Peter himself ??? or allusion to his name and faith, what you think ???

P

What Yahshua was giving reference to as the 'rock' is what Kepha had said in reply to Yahshua's asking the question “Whom do men say that I the son of man am?” Kepha's reply was “You are the Messiah the son of the living Yahweh.” Note that Yahshua said in response to Kepha's answer “Blessed are you Simeon Bar Yahnah, for flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but it is my Father who has revealed this to you. The “rock” (or “solid foundation”) that Yahshua said that he would build his assembly (body) of believers was that he was the Messiah the son of the living Yahweh. We must believe this truth as was revealed to Kepha by Father Yahweh.

Note also the other responses that Yahshua received from the question that he asked his students (disciples) concerning who men said that he is. In none of their responses will you find them saying 'Some say that you are “God” or “a god”.' If anyone at that time believed that Yahshua was “God” or “a god”, they surely would have mentioned something so outlandish as this, but they did not. I can only conclude from by observance of what is recorded in the so-called “New Testament” that no one at that time believed that Yahshua was “God” or “a god” and that we are to believe that Yahshua is the Messiah the son of the living Yahweh and that it was He Who had raised him from death and the grave.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ April 27 2012,15:15)

Quote (terraricca @ April 26 2012,14:42)

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ April 26 2012,20:28)

Quote (terraricca @ April 26 2012,13:06)

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ April 26 2012,19:43)

Quote (terraria @ April 26 2012,12:23)
    F

You certainly do have a perverted belief concerning Father Yahweh's inspired prophetic word!  

:D :D :D what is it ???? I would like to know , scriptures not your OPINION:laugh:

Pier,

Oh, I left you out! You are of the same opinion as Mike that Father Yahweh's word is an actual being, right?  :D

F

my name is ;Peter ,Pierre, Sephase ,Bedros,Petrus,Pietro,

and so on in different languages ,this name means ROCK

NOW AM I A ROCK ??? OR A HUMAN BEING CALLED “ROCK”

Pieear,

I have always been told that the name Peter means 'small stone' or 'small pebble”. Surely you are not deceived into believing the doctrine “On Peter the Church is built.”, are you?

F

I believe what scriptures say ,but did Christ meant Peter himself ??? or allusion to his name and faith, what you think ???

P

What Yahshua was giving reference to as the 'rock' is what Kepha had said in reply to Yahshua's asking the question “Whom do men say that I the son of man am?” Kepha's reply was “You are the Messiah the son of the living Yahweh.” Note that Yahshua said in response to Kepha's answer “Blessed are you Simeon Bar Yahnah, for flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but it is my Father who has revealed this to you. The “rock” (or “solid foundation”) that Yahshua said that he would build his assembly (body) of believers was that he was the Messiah the son of the living Yahweh. We must believe this truth as was revealed to Kepha by Father Yahweh.

Note also the other responses that Yahshua received from the question that he asked his students (disciples) concerning who men said that he is. In none of their responses will you find them saying 'Some say that you are “God” or “a god”.' If anyone at that time believed that Yahshua was “God” or “a god”, they surely would have mentioned something so outlandish as this, but they did not. I can only conclude from by observance of what is recorded in the so-called “New Testament” that no one at that time believed that Yahshua was “God” or “a god” and that we are to believe that Yahshua is the Messiah the son of the living Yahweh and that it was He Who had raised him from death and the grave.

F

very good ,I can say that this is likely true ,

thank you ,for a clear and understandable quote,

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Frank,
    Yes the Word that revealed truth to Peter is the Rock
    Thus it aligns with mt 7.24 f etc

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ April 26 2012,19:48)

what did john said?

1. Holy spirit
    2. son of GOD

pls choose your answer

jammit,

When are you going to finally come to the simple realization that Father Yahweh's word is just that, His word. Father Yahweh's word that is given reference to in the first verse of the so-called “Gospel of John” is not in reference to a separate being that existed with Him in the beginning, but is simply in reference to Father Yahweh's word that is said to be with Him and that has might, strength, power, and authority. If one were to etymologically trace the words 'god' and 'theos' back to the original Hebrew meaning, they would find that it leads to the Hebrew root word 'yl or wl' which simply means might, strength or power (authority):

'yl, (the original 'yl i.e. alef, yod, lamed) meaning: strength, power and might [“strength, power” – The New Brown-Driver-Briggs-Gesenius Hebrew-English Lexicon p.43a

It is commonly thought that the term derived from a root yl or wl, meaning “to be powerful” – Encyclopedia Judaica, God, names of, EL

#410-el from #352-'yl” – Strong's Hebrew Dictionary

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Frank,
    Those that are of the Spirit are LIVING STONES [1Peter 2.4]
    They form a building that is a temple for God as Spirit.[eph 2.19-22]

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Frank,
    And this lastly becomes the New Jerusalem including the prophets.[Rev 21.10f]

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 26 2012,13:00)
    Frank,

We are of the opinion that if the PERSON Jesus is called by the name “the Word of God” in Rev 19:13, then there is no reason the PERSON Jesus isn't called by that same name in John, 1 John, and Luke.

There is much context to confirm that it is the PERSON Jesus who is called by that name in these books, while there is nothing to discredit this understanding.

Frank, since you know it is Jesus who is referred to by this title in Rev 19:13, why do you have such a hard time believing it is also Jesus who is referred to by this title in these other scriptures?

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ April 25 2012,20:10)
    It is only in Revelation that it is made known that Yahshua's name/title is called “The Word of Yahweh”.

I agree that Jesus referred to by the title “the Word of God” in Revelation 19:13.

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ April 25 2012,20:10)
    He is referred to as such because it is his and our Father Yahweh's word that proceeds from his mouth and it is he who is the spokesman of his and our Father Yahweh's word in this last time period as Hebrews 1:1-2 makes perfectly clear.

Exactly!  He is referred to as “the Word of God” because he spoke the words of God to the people in this last time period.  

Frank, WHEN did Jesus speak the words of God to the people?  Was it only AFTER he ascended to where he was before?  Or did he do most of his speaking of the word of God while he was on earth as a human prophet of God?

If you answer truthfully and scripturally, you'll agree that Jesus did the vast majority of his speaking as a human being on earth.  And if that is WHEN he was doing most of his work as God's spokesman, then doesn't it make sense that the title “the Word of God” applied to him at this time?

So when John tells us that the Word of God became flesh and dwelled among us with the glory of God's only begotten, why wouldn't John be talking about that same spokesman of God who is called by the title “the Word of God” in Rev 19:13?  

One other thing:  You are the one who mentioned Heb 1:1-2, right?  Did you overlook the fact that the Son through whom God spoke to us in these last days is the very same Son through whom God made the universe (ages)?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    Yes Jesus is a human being.
    Yes he was the vessel God used for speaking through.

Viewing 20 posts - 6,501 through 6,520 (of 25,908 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account