JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 5,601 through 5,620 (of 25,908 total)
  • Author
    mikeboll64
    Blocked

Hmmm………….

So the spirit of Christ, which you say is “of God” and “is God”, is talking about knowing whether the teaching is from God or from “MYSELF”?  

What's the answer, Nick?  Was the teaching from God, or was the teaching from the spirit of Christ who you think IS God?

Thanks for adding yet another scripture that refutes your understanding and supports mine, Nick.  :)

Nick, you need to be like John and know the meaning of the WORD.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    Stop competing and listen to scripture.

Do you not believe the Spirit of Christ is of God?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 02 2012,15:59)
    Hi MB,
    Stop competing and listen to scripture.

Do you not believe the Spirit of Christ is of God?

Nick

what part of Christ spirit was himself and what part was of God ???

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    What does THE WORD of jn 1 and 1jn1 mean to you?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    He was a man with his own spirit which left him at Calvary[jn19]
    The Spirit in Him was of the Word and his Father.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

The same as the Word of Rev 19:13.

What other “Word” became flesh, and dwelled among mankind with the glory of God's only begotten Son?  To which other “Word” did John the Baptist say he was unworthy to untie his sandal?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    Yes the words you quote of John are about the anointed man Jesus Christ.
    You do not yet understand how closely God united Jesus the nazarene with His Spirit.
    Now speaking of the anointed man is always speaking of the mighty Spirit working within him.

We no longer speak of him ACCORDING TO THE FLESH 2Cor 5.16

But that is ALL you speak of.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 02 2012,09:34)
    Hi T,
    He was a man with his own spirit which left him at Calvary[jn19]
    The Spirit in Him was of the Word and his Father.

Hi Nick,

Many people seem to have trouble understanding this.

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 02 2012,09:35)

Hi Mike,

You're starting to sound like Jammin.

God bless

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 01 2012,17:08)
    Hi MB,
    Yes the words you quote of John are about the anointed man Jesus Christ.

THANK YOU NICK! :)

So then you agree that the words John wrote about the Word being with God in the beginning are about Jesus Christ?

Fantastic! You are finally aligning yourself with what the scriptures actually teach! I'm so proud of you.

kerwin
    Participant

Mike,

You state that you believe Jesus when he states “I came down from heaven” but you obviously do not or you would know that Jesus was not speaking of his flesh but was instead speaking of the Word that dwells in him and is written on his heart.  

Jesus came to teach us how to seek and God’s righteousness through faith as well as to provide the means for us to do so.  The teaching you choose to hold to, obstructs his teaching by denying that Jesus was created like his brothers.  It for that reason his spirit of righteousness came from above sent by the Father of the heavenly right.  That spirit is the result of God putting his Word in Jesus and writing it on his heart.  This we must believe for without faith no one pleases God.

When Jesus states he and the Father will come and make a home in those that believe; do you believe he is speaking of his flesh or the spirit of righteousness?  When he teaches us that those that believe will make a home in him is he speaking of the flesh or the spirit of righteousness?  Since you understand he is speaking of the spirit and the flesh and not the flesh in that passage then why can you not understand it when Jesus declares “I came down from heaven”.

I previously demonstrated to you, by using scriptures, why Jesus is called by the name of the Word and how that links to the words of Jeremiah, which foretold of the  new covenant that Jesus both wrote and administrates by God’s Word.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Ed J @ April 01 2012,17:14)

Hi Mike,

God bless
    Ed J

:D  :laugh:  :D

Ed, that statement is actually from a post Nick made to me earlier.  Here's what I said to him two pages ago………….

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 01 2012,15:17)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 01 2012,14:33)
    Hi MB,
    Be like John and know the meaning of the WORD

Nick,

Do you see the last sentence in your post?  Okay, what if I answered a scriptural point you made with that same sentence?

Nick, you need to be like John and know the meaning of the WORD – that it refers to the pre-existent Jesus in 1:1.

Now, would you consider that I've made a valid, SCRIPTUAL point by posting that sentence?  To me, it seems as if YOU do the very thing you scold jammin for doing.  

And since that post, I've just been posting the same thing to him to prove my point, and show him how it feels to take time out of your life to make a scripturally backed post, just to have some ying-yang make stupid, unrelated, arrogant, and condescending posts to you.

So go ahead and scold your father Nick instead of me.  Because the only reason I've been posting it is to show him how absurd posts like that are.  Go tell your father that he needs to stop acting like jammin, okay?  

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ April 01 2012,18:07)
    You state that you believe Jesus when he states “I came down from heaven” but you obviously do not or you would know that Jesus was not speaking of his flesh but was instead speaking of the Word that dwells in him and is written on his heart.

Kerwin, did Jesus say, the Word that dwells in me came down from heaven?   If not, then stop letting your imagination re-write the scriptures.

When Jesus states he and the Father will come and make a home in those that believe; do you believe he is speaking of his flesh or the spirit of righteousness?

This is a good point, Kerwin.  Now, did Jesus say, my spirit of righteousness will come and make a home in those who believe?

Or did he say “I will dwell in those who believe”?

It is Jesus and his Father who dwell in us VIA spirit.  But if Jesus says HE will make his abode in us, then it means JESUS via spirit.  It doesn't mean the spirit OF Jesus.

When scripture says “God created”, we know God created via His Spirit.  When it says “God saved the Israelites”, we know He did this via His Spirit, or via another vessel such as an angel.

But I don't hear you claiming that God Himself didn't create or save the Israelites.  I don't here you claiming that it was the “spirit of righteousness” or the “spirit of the Word” or whatever that did the creating or the saving.

You seem to understand that if scripture says “God did something”, then it was truly GOD who did it, even if He did it VIA spirit.

So why do you have this problem understanding the clear words of John 6?  If JESUS said HE came down from heaven, then whether or not he came VIA spirit, HE HIMSELF came down from heaven.

This is why I believe the words of my Lord and you don't. I believe that HE HIMSELF came down from heaven, just like he said he did. On the contrary, you are willing to place YOUR OWN words into the mouth of your Lord, and make him say, The spirit of righteousness inside of me came down from heaven.

Mine matches the words of Jesus exactly. Yours changes the entire meaning of those words he spoke.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 02 2012,11:15)

Quote (Ed J @ April 01 2012,17:14)

Hi Mike,

God bless
    Ed J

Ed, that statement is actually from a post Nick made to me earlier.  Here's what I said to him two pages ago………….

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 01 2012,15:17)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 01 2012,14:33)
    Hi MB,
    Be like John and know the meaning of the WORD

Nick,

Do you see the last sentence in your post?  Okay, what if I answered a scriptural point you made with that same sentence?

Nick, you need to be like John and know the meaning of the WORD – that it refers to the pre-existent Jesus in 1:1.

Now, would you consider that I've made a valid, SCRIPTUAL point by posting that sentence?  To me, it seems as if YOU do the very thing you scold jammin for doing.  

And since that post, I've just been posting the same thing to him to prove my point, and show him how it feels to take time out of your life to make a scripturally backed post, just to have some ying-yang make stupid, unrelated, arrogant, and condescending posts to you.

So go ahead and scold your father Nick instead of me.  Because the only reason I've been posting it is to show him how absurd posts like that are.  Go tell your father that he needs to stop acting like jammin, okay?  

Hi Mike,

Yes I seen that Nick posted it once to you, but
    since then I have seen you post it at least “3” times.
    Jammin does this too, in case you missed the connection.

God bless

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Well Ed,

Unless YOU missed the connection, from now on, when Nick posts nonsense arrogance and condescnesion to me, I will copy his post and throw it back at him.

If, on the other hand, he chooses to discuss the scriptural point we're in the middle of using his God-given intelligence, wisdom, logic, and the scriptures themselves, I will respond in like manner.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 02 2012,11:29)
    Kerwin, did Jesus say, the Word that dwells in me came down from heaven?   If not, then stop letting your imagination re-write the scriptures.

Hi Mike,

The Bible doesn't say Jesus is(?) “The word” either,
    so could the same not be said about you?

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

It is Jesus and his Father who dwell in us VIA spirit.  But if Jesus says HE will make his abode in us, then it means JESUS via spirit.  It doesn't mean the spirit OF Jesus.

Hi Mike,

Do you not believe this means the “Spirit of Christ”
    and God's “HolySpirit”, which are one in purpose?

God bless

jammin
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ April 02 2012,07:34)

Quote (jammin @ April 02 2012,02:33)

Quote (Ed J @ Mar. 31 2012,06:05)

Quote (jammin @ Mar. 31 2012,01:35)

Quote (Ed J @ Mar. 30 2012,17:07)

Hi Jammin,

Where in the bible does it say “three persons”,
    seems YOU have made YOUR own version; no?

God bless
    Ed J

if i can read that to you in the bible, will you accpt that you are a false teacher?

yes or no?

Hi Jammin,

Corrupted versions mean NOTHING!
    But if you think it does, then post it.

עד (Joshua 22:34) Ed (Witness)

you will say that the version is corrupted bec it does not support your doctrine. then make your own version edj

make you version that says in john 1.1 that the WORD is the HS.

LOL

Hi Jammin,

That is what the Scripture indicates: you need to understand Scripture
    as a whole, or your own thoughts will lead to all sorts of speculations.

“The words that I speak unto you, they are spirit” (John 6:63)

John 12:49-50 For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me,
    he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.
    And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I
    speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.

John 1:14 is a reference to Jordan, where Jesus became “The Christ”!

God bless

as a whole? LOL

that is right edj. but in your case, you cant read your opinion in john 1.1

if you read the bible, make sure that your words are written.
    do not jump to the other verses like what false teachers are doing.
    if they cant read their opinion to the verse, they will jump to the other verses. that is the mark of the false teachers like you, kerwin, nick, mike etc.

it should be written in the bible and not by your opinion
    LOL

Ed J
    Participant

When Jesus states he and the Father will come and make a home in those that believe; do you believe he is speaking of his flesh or the spirit of righteousness?

This is a good point, Kerwin.  Now, did Jesus say, my spirit of righteousness will come and make a home in those who believe?

Or did he say “I will dwell in those who believe”?

When scripture says “God created”, we know God created via His Spirit.  When it says “God saved the Israelites”, we know He did this via His Spirit, or via another vessel such as an angel.

But I don't hear you claiming that God Himself didn't create or save the Israelites.  I don't here you claiming that it was the “spirit of righteousness” or the “spirit of the Word” or whatever that did the creating or the saving.

You seem to understand that if scripture says “God did something”, then it was truly GOD who did it, even if He did it VIA spirit.

So why do you have this problem understanding the clear words of John 6?  If JESUS said HE came down from heaven, then whether or not he came VIA spirit, HE HIMSELF came down from heaven.

This is why I believe the words of my Lord and you don't.  I believe that HE HIMSELF came down from heaven, just like he said he did.  On the contrary, you are willing to place YOUR OWN words into the mouth of your Lord, and make him say, The spirit of righteousness inside of me came down from heaven.

Mine matches the words of Jesus exactly.  Yours changes the entire meaning of those words he spoke.

Hi Mike,

Looks to me like you are inserting the word “himself”, which
    is an alteration attempt that I see you make over and over.

God bless

Viewing 20 posts - 5,601 through 5,620 (of 25,908 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account