JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 5,321 through 5,340 (of 25,908 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Colter @ Mar. 24 2012,11:37)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 24 2012,08:07)
    Hi Colter,
    So sign of an anointing before the birth of Jesus.
    The Word IS the anointing

The Son was not in need of an anointing, he was already conscious of his divinity.

At the anoguration of his public career, the underling of the spirit of the Father rose from his person and could be heard above him by John and Jesus.

There was never a time when the Son wasn't the Word.

Colter

Hi Colter,
    So you would have to eject Acts 10.38 then as well?

So the Jordan was just a chance to say
    READY, SET, GO?

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Colter @ Mar. 24 2012,11:37)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 24 2012,08:07)
    Hi Colter,
    So sign of an anointing before the birth of Jesus.
    The Word IS the anointing

The Son was not in need of an anointing, he was already conscious of his divinity.

At the anoguration of his public career, the underling of the spirit of the Father rose from his person and could be heard above him by John and Jesus.

There was never a time when the Son wasn't the Word.

Colter

Hi Colter,
    Yes the voice of God was heard declaring that Jesus Christ was His Son. The firstborn from the DEAD-mankind- had been begotten

“Rose from within him”? no evidence of that.

But as you say God's Spirit was in Christ Jesus and would speak through him.

But much of what Jesus said was as a SERVANT TO GOD. Phil2 explained this was the role of the WORD that made Jesus the Christ. Through the Spirit of Christ prayers to God were uttered and he spoke of a relationship he had with his Father. Remember Jesus said he would return and send ANOTHER SPIRIT-the Spirit of TRUTH FROM THE FATHER.

So in Christ Jesus in the one Spirit was the Word and the Spirit of the Father.

Jn14″ WE WILL COME TO YOU”

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Colter,
    The word was God.
    God is spirit.
    The Word is spirit.

The Word was with God in the beginning

Marlin1
    Participant

Hi Colter,

Thanks for your post,  I will tell you what I think and what bothers me the most.

But Peter became contaminated with the idea that salvation and forgiveness was conditional to human sacrifice:

Paul's Pagan theology from Mythraism:

Man has always thought that he was smarter then God.  And then they still say they believe the bible.  What a bunch of garage.

This would be to you.  You would have to throw out over 1/2 of the new testament, for Paul wrote.
    And you would have to throw out all of Peter's writings too.  

Instead of lining up with the Word, like a person should, you make the Word of no effect to you and all those that listen to you.  You pick and choose scripture that lines up with your wrong doctrines.

Gal 1:8 says it perfectly for you and all those that think they know better then the Holy Ghost that was in Peter and Paul.

I really feel sorry for you and all those that will listen to this nonsense that you spread.

When you throw out so much of the bible, why even brother?

I pray that God will open your eyes, before it is to late.  We are very late in this, time is so very short.

If you are still reading, I have just one more small point.

What you believe about the Godhead will make all the difference in the World

for Jesus said it was upon the REVELATION of who He was, that His kingdom would be built on.

God Bless
    Marlin

charity
    Participant

just interested to know…Did you pacifically use the holy-spirit to tell you what colter was doing wrong? or the Word which someone said was the holy-spirit?

charity
    Participant

I mean..can you take any Job you like from the board, From either Mose's or Davids house to gracefully sacrifice Jesus in Roman style!

jammin
    Participant

Christ is the WORD. he is Truly GOD! he became flesh. how great is our GOD> praise GOD!

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Colter @ Mar. 23 2012,18:49)
    For Jesus to say I will raise myself up and then to say “God” raised him up is saing the same thing in different ways.

So then at one time, death had mastery over God Himself?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Colter @ Mar. 23 2012,19:12)
    Speaking of himself Jesus specifically said that the power to lay down his life and the power to take it up again was his.

Yes,

He said, “This COMMAND I received from my Father”. God COMMANDS God? ???

(I was unaware that you didn't consider Paul's words as God-breathed scripture. That does make a difference.)

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Colter @ Mar. 23 2012,19:42)
    Finally, it was the mortal tabernacle of the Son's incarnation that parished on the cross. The person of the Son returned and eventually ascended into heaven from wence he came.

Colter

So Jesus “died” for our sins, but he didn't really die? It was a kind of “fake death”?

How is he to be the first of many brethren unless we also die “fake deaths”?

Also, notice the word “brethren”. We have hope to become BROTHERS and joint heirs with Jesus – and SONS of God. But you have hope to become God's BROTHER?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Colter @ Mar. 24 2012,06:08)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 24 2012,15:57)
    “Rose from within him”? no evidence of that.

The inaugural words would have sounded strange coming out of Jesus' own mouth so the anomaly appeared above him;

Colter,

While I agree with you that Nick speaks from silence about Jesus becoming the Christ at the Jordan, aren't you doing the same thing here?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Colter,
    You speak of the religion of men.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Colter,
    There is no division in Christ Jesus.
    There is no division in the Spirit.

But you rate your knowledge as better than the proven servants of God?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Colter,
    He left his Spirit to continue his work in his servants but you know better?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Colter @ Mar. 24 2012,10:43)
    Pauls religion about Jesus as a human sacrifice is theoretical, it leap frogs over the necessary personal transformation required to re-establish relations with God.

The original “good news” of Jesus, the word that they taught and lived, the word that people herd and were saved by, the forgiveness already available was not conditioned on the crass injustice of murdering and innocent man to change the cold heart of a changeless God.

Jesus himself taught that he would be a sacrifice for many.  So this isn't something Paul “made up”.  Instead, it is the very teaching of Jesus, and prophesied about through God's prophets long before it happened.

Colter, God so loved the world that He gave His only Son as a once for all time sacrifice to atone for the sins of mankind.

terraricca
    Participant

colter

Jesus taught a saving gospel 3+ years before voluntarily sharing the death experience with mankind. Death is a normal part of life, this world was never intended to be our permanent home. The salvation of Jesus' gospel was spiritual, transformational and real. Pauls religion about Jesus as a human sacrifice is theoretical, it leap frogs over the necessary personal transformation required to re-establish relations with God.

how do you come to this conclusion ??? any scriptures or it is your own view ???
    and were is it written that the earth would become a deserted place ??? is not man the permanent resident of the earth ????

The original “good news” of Jesus, the word that they taught and lived, the word that people herd and were saved by, the forgiveness already available was not conditioned on the crass injustice of murdering and innocent man to change the cold heart of a changeless God.

would you say that the people were saved by just believing ??? there is a difference between being heeled from sickness and from being crippled ,it is another thing to be save and receive eternal live,

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Colter @ Mar. 24 2012,11:08)
    No Mike, you just assume that Jesus taught sacrificial atonement because you have taken your religion second hand.

Matthew 20:28
    …….just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.”

Are you saying these are not the actual quoted words of Jesus himself?

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Colter @ Mar. 25 2012,03:52)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 25 2012,03:45)
    Hi Colter,
    There is no division in Christ Jesus.
    There is no division in the Spirit.

But you rate your knowledge as better than the proven servants of God?

That would be a fair point, however you rely on the servants  and deny Jesus' own words, so you have your own hair splitting problem to solve in that regard.

And I do recall that Peter did not remain loyal, was not proven to be infallible even after being told that he would deny his master.

Colter

Hi colter,
    Paul and Peter raised the dead… but you may not believe Acts.

There is no inconsistency in Scripture, only natural minds cannot comprehend it.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Colter,
    No the Spirit of Christ is not inspiring thousands of denominations.
    The Spirit is not divided and only lives in those who remain in the teachings.[2jn9]

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 25 2012,04:49)

Quote (Colter @ Mar. 24 2012,11:08)
    No Mike, you just assume that Jesus taught sacrificial atonement  because you have taken your religion second hand.

Matthew 20:28
    …….just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.”

Are you saying these are not the actual quoted words of Jesus himself?

Hi MB,
    Yes the WORD is the servant Spirit.

Viewing 20 posts - 5,321 through 5,340 (of 25,908 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account