JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 5,061 through 5,080 (of 25,907 total)
  • Author
    terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Mar. 16 2012,23:34)

Quote (terraricca @ Mar. 16 2012,10:56)

Quote (kerwin @ Mar. 16 2012,20:41)
    Pierre,

As you surmised I was using Son to mean Firstborn descendent of David.  Your conception of Jesus being 100% the descendent of David as of the body and 100% the son of God as of the body is flawed as its ads up to 200% and the total can only be 100%

Don’t you understand how the unbelieving Jews in John 8:37-42 are both the descendents of Abraham as of the body and the children of Satan as of the spirit?

If you understand that then you understand how Jesus is both a descendent of David as of the flesh and a child of God as of the Spirit.

You certainly appear to understand that since you wrote “BUT ACCORDING TO THE SPIRIT OF HOLINESS”.

I agree that he was formed in his mother’s womb as is common to mankind even though he was miraculously conceived.  I also agree that he was resurrected by the power of God.  

Being a child of God by default makes anyone the Word as God speaks, acts, and thinks through them.   Jesus is the preeminent of them because he has been appointed king of all of them

Kerwin

We're do you pick up those things I never say that I even believe that Jesus was 100% from David  how could it be his father his God,

You must be confused with edj

Pierre,

Are you claiming Jesus is not the descendent of David as of the body?

Did you understand how the unbelieving Jews were the children of Satan?  If so then please share that revelation with us. Thank you.

Kerwin

To you Christ is not the true son of God is it ?

You do not believe he is the first born of creation

To you he his just a man born of men

I do not share that view

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Mar. 16 2012,23:41)

Pierre,

As you surmised I was using Son to mean Firstborn descendent of David.  Your conception of Jesus being 100% the descendent of David as of the body and 100% the son of God as of the body is flawed as its ads up to 200% and the total can only be 100%

Don’t you understand how the unbelieving Jews in John 8:37-42 are both the descendents of Abraham as of the body and the children of Satan as of the spirit?

If you understand that then you understand how Jesus is both a descendent of David as of the flesh and a child of God as of the Spirit.

You certainly appear to understand that since you wrote “BUT ACCORDING TO THE SPIRIT OF HOLINESS”.

I agree that he was formed in his mother’s womb as is common to mankind even though he was miraculously conceived.  I also agree that he was resurrected by the power of God.  

Being a child of God by default makes anyone the Word as God speaks, acts, and thinks through them.   Jesus is the preeminent of them because he has been appointed king of all of them

Kerwin

We're do you pick up those things I never say that I even believe that Jesus was 100% from David  how could it be his father his God,

Pierre,

Did you understand how the unbelieving Jews were the children of Satan?  If so then please share that revelation with us. Thank you.

Kerwin

I do not share that view

Kerwin

You should read the scripture were it says ,that Christ was the onointed one ACCORDING TO THE SPIRIT OF HOLINESS,

I do not think you understand what that mean ,? Or do you ??

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    Eph 5 points to the marriage like unity in the church with Christ Jesus.
    1Cor 7 goes into detail in how special and permanent that unity is meant to be.
    An unbelieving spouse can be saved by the faith of the partner highlighting the bond.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Mar. 16 2012,11:41)

Pierre,

Kerwin

Pierre,

Kerwin

I do not share that view

Pierre,

You did not answer my question.  You also did not answer my previous question.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Mar. 16 2012,16:41)

Pierre,

Kerwin

Pierre,

Kerwin

I do not share that view

Hi Pierre,

More unnecessary divisions, huh?

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Mar. 17 2012,00:50)

Quote (terraricca @ Mar. 16 2012,11:41)

Pierre,

Kerwin

Pierre,

Kerwin

I do not share that view

Pierre,

You did not answer my question.  You also did not answer my previous question.

Kerwin

Your two questions were base on false pretend thing that do not believe

And I don't like assumptions

Remove all doubts and I answer you

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Mar. 17 2012,01:13)

Quote (terraricca @ Mar. 16 2012,16:41)

Pierre,

Kerwin

Pierre,

Kerwin

I do not share that view

Hi Pierre,

More unnecessary divisions, huh?

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Eddy

:D :D

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Mar. 16 2012,11:45)

Pierre,

Kerwin

Pierre,

Kerwin

I do not share that view

Kerwin

You should read the scripture were it says ,that Christ was the onointed one ACCORDING TO THE SPIRIT OF HOLINESS,

Pierre,

I can not think if such a Scripture unless you speak of the one which states he was declared the Son of God with power. The idea seems Scriptural though.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Mar. 17 2012,01:40)

Quote (terraricca @ Mar. 16 2012,11:45)

Pierre,

Kerwin

Pierre,

Kerwin

I do not share that view

Kerwin

Pierre,

I can not think if such a Scripture unless you speak of the one which states he was declared the Son of God with power.  The idea seems Scriptural though.

Kerwin

Try Roman 1-4

I think this will help you

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 16 2012,12:19)
    Hi KW,
    Eph 5 points to the marriage like unity in the church with Christ Jesus.
    1Cor 7 goes into detail in how special and permanent that unity is meant to be.
    An unbelieving spouse can be saved by the faith of the partner highlighting the bond.

Nick,

Interesting words. I hope to look more into them.

jammin
    Participant

The Word is Christ, the Son of GOD! he is truly GOD!
    the thread has been answered.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi jammin,
    The Son is not his own Father.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 17 2012,12:53)
    Hi jammin,
    The Son is not his own Father.

n

very good

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ Mar. 15 2012,23:28)
    Be like Jesus Christ in your attitude, who being in the form of God, does not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped, but empties himself,  having taken the form of a bond-servant, having been made in the likeness of mankind.

I placed the evidence before you in order to be tested. If you find an error in it then please let me know,

The problem is that you want the aorist tense verbs to all be present tense UNTIL it suits you that they switch to past tense in the middle of the passage.

I wonder why no single Bible in the history of the world has figured out what you did about the Greek words, Kerwin.  

Wow!  That's some acheivement – to be able to correctly translate that passage with a very limited knowledge of Greek and a lexicon – when none of the thousands of EXPERTS in Greek were able to do it in over 2000 years!  :)

You are correct that we have gotten off topic, nor am I interested in Kerwin's Translation of the Holy Scriptures.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 17 2012,06:09)

Quote (kerwin @ Mar. 15 2012,23:28)
    Be like Jesus Christ in your attitude, who being in the form of God, does not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped, but empties himself,  having taken the form of a bond-servant, having been made in the likeness of mankind.

I placed the evidence before you in order to be tested. If you find an error in it then please let me know,

The problem is that you want the aorist tense verbs to all be present tense UNTIL it suits you that they switch to past tense in the middle of the passage.

I wonder why no single Bible in the history of the world has figured out what you did about the Greek words, Kerwin.  

Wow!  That's some acheivement – to be able to correctly translate that passage with a very limited knowledge of Greek and a lexicon – when none of the thousands of EXPERTS in Greek were able to do it in over 2000 years!  :)

You are correct that we have gotten off topic, nor am I interested in Kerwin's Translation of the Holy Scriptures.

Mike,

My source only stated these two things about “aorist indicative”

4. Gnomic Aorist

The aorist indicative is occasionally used to present a timeless, general fact. When it does so, it does not refer to a particular event that did happen, but to a generic event that does happen. Normally, it is translated like a simple present tense.

1Pet 1:24 The grass withers and the flower falls off

6. Proleptic (Futuristic) Aorist

The aorist indicative can be used to describe an event that is not yet past as though it were already completed in order to stress the certainty of the event.

Rom 8:30 whom he justified, these he also glorified.

When did you read every single Bible in the history of the world?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ Mar. 16 2012,18:22)
    When did you read every single Bible in the history of the world?

I made an educated guess.  Be sure to quote the verse your way if you ever find it in a real Bible.

From NETNotes:
    5777 Tense – Aorist The aorist tense is characterized by its emphasis on punctiliar action; that is, the concept of the verb is considered without regard for past, present, or future time. There is no direct or clear English equivalent for this tense, though it is generally rendered as a simple past tense in most translations. The events described by the aorist tense are classified into a number of categories by grammarians. The most common of these include a view of the action as having begun from a certain point (“inceptive aorist”), or having ended at a certain point (“cumulative aorist”), or merely existing at a certain point (“punctiliar aorist”). The categorization of other cases can be found in Greek reference grammars. The English reader need not concern himself with most of these finer points concerning the aorist tense, since in most cases they cannot be rendered accurately in English translation, being fine points of Greek exegesis only. The common practice of rendering an aorist by a simple English past tense should suffice in most cases.

What you do is to translate them as present tenses up until the point in that passage where you know you can no longer do so.  After that point, you are perfectly fine with translating them as past tenses as they are commonly translated. But you forget that this verses 5 through 8 are all one sentence. And you ignore how illogical it would be to switch tenses in the middle of an ongoing sentence.

Kerwin, I have no desire to have this discussion with you.  You add words to scripture when it suits your doctrine.  You change commonly accepted Greek grammar when it suits your doctrine.  And it's not below you to spout complete, unfathomable rubbish concerning the interpretation of certain scriptures when it suits your doctrine.

Our Lord said, “I came down from heaven”.  I believe him and you don't – simple as that.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    Jesus did not come down from heaven.
    Jesus Christ -made one with the Word from eternity-did

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Nick,

Thanks for reminding me. I was waiting for an answer to my last question to you.

If the person “JESUS” had nothing at all to do with being in the form of God and then being made into the likeness of a man, why do you suppose Paul says it was “JESUS CHRIST” who did these things?

Isn't that an “inaccuracy” on his part – the same thing you harp about to us all the time? Why would he say JESUS was in the form of God and then was made into a human being if these things really happened to “THE SPIRIT OF CHRIST” (which had nothing at all to do with “Jesus” at that time)?

Please explain – just for my amusement. :)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    The anointed Jesus did.
    His unity with the Word is utter.
    His history now is of the Spirit of Christ
    We know longer know him according to the flesh.

The Lord is the Spirit.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Mb,
    Men glorify the human vessel but the Spirit is responsible for everything of God.

Viewing 20 posts - 5,061 through 5,080 (of 25,907 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account