JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 4,381 through 4,400 (of 25,907 total)
  • Author
    terraricca
    Participant

david

Jn 1:32 Then John gave this testimony: “I saw the Spirit come down from heaven as a dove and remain on him.
    Jn 1:33 I would not have known him, except that the one who sent me to baptize with water told me, ‘The man on whom you see the Spirit come down and remain is he who will baptize with the Holy Spirit.’
    Jn 1:34 I have seen and I testify that this is the Son of God.”

Mt 3:16 As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and lighting on him.
    Mt 3:17 And a voice from heaven said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.”

yes Christ was anointed in the Jordan river just as scriptures says ;

Isa 61:1 The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me,
    because the LORD has anointed me
    to preach good news to the poor.
    He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
    to proclaim freedom for the captives
    and release from darkness for the prisoners,
    Isa 61:2 to proclaim the year of the LORD'S favor
    and the day of vengeance of our God,
    to comfort all who mourn,
    Isa 61:3 and provide for those who grieve in Zion—
    to bestow on them a crown of beauty
    instead of ashes,
    the oil of gladness
    instead of mourning,
    and a garment of praise
    instead of a spirit of despair.
    They will be called oaks of righteousness,
    a planting of the LORD
    for the display of his splendor.

Isa 61:4 They will rebuild the ancient ruins
    and restore the places long devastated;
    they will renew the ruined cities
    that have been devastated for generations.
    Isa 61:5 Aliens will shepherd your flocks;
    foreigners will work your fields and vineyards.
    Isa 61:6 And you will be called priests of the LORD,
    you will be named ministers of our God.
    You will feed on the wealth of nations,
    and in their riches you will boast.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 26 2012,19:07)
    Yes MB,
    Elijah could never BE John the baptist in our understanding but references to the Spirit in scripture are different.

The same with Jesus becoming Jesus Christ by the SPIRIT OF CHRIST

Hmmmm………….. Jesus said John WAS Elijah. And the angel said Jesus was BORN the Christ.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    So you agree John was Elijah.
    How?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

I only know what Jesus said, Nick. I only know what the angel said.

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 18 2012,19:15)
    Hi,
    The Spirit of Christ is the WORD.
    The testimony of Jesus is the Spirit of prophecy[rev19]

Hi Nick:

Yes, the Spirit of Christ (the Spirit of the annointed one) is the Word(the Word of God that was spoken to humanity through him and that he obeyed without sin unto death on the cross).

Love in Christ,
    Marty

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    So how does their different human parentage stack up?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    Different names ?
    What did Jesus Christ MEAN?

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Feb. 27 2012,06:27)

Quote (kerwin @ Feb. 26 2012,13:49)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Feb. 26 2012,19:47)
    Kerwin,

Do you believe that John the Baptist was Elijah?

John 1:21 (New International Version)
    New International Version (NIV)

21 They asked him, “Then who are you? Are you Elijah?”
      He said, “I am not.”
      “Are you the Prophet?”
      He answered, “No.”

Luke 1

11 Then an angel of the Lord appeared to him, standing at the right side of the altar of incense. 12 When Zechariah saw him, he was startled and was gripped with fear. 13 But the angel said to him: “Do not be afraid, Zechariah; your prayer has been heard. Your wife Elizabeth will bear you a son, and you are to call him John. 14 He will be a joy and delight to you, and many will rejoice because of his birth, 15 for he will be great in the sight of the Lord. He is never to take wine or other fermented drink, and he will be filled with the Holy Spirit even before he is born. 16 He will bring back many of the people of Israel to the Lord their God. 17 And he will go on before the Lord, in the spirit and power of Elijah, to turn the hearts of the parents to their children and the disobedient to the wisdom of the righteous—to make ready a people prepared for the Lord.”

Good, scriptural answers, Kerwin.  :)  That's the way this site should work all the time.  

But what about these scriptures?

Malachi 4:5
    “See, I will send you the prophet Elijah before that great and dreadful day of the LORD comes.

Matthew 11:14
    And if you are willing to accept it, he is the Elijah whom was to come.

Matthew 17:10-12
    The disciples asked him, “Why then do the teachers of the law say that Elijah must come first?”  Jesus replied, “To be sure, Elijah comes and will restore all things.  But I tell you, Elijah has already come, and they did not recognize him, but have done to him everything they wished. In the same way the Son of Man is going to suffer at their hands.”

Mike,

Consider that Jesus called Peter Satan with this rebuke.

Mark 8:33 (New International Version)

33 But when Jesus turned and looked at his disciples, he rebuked Peter. “Get behind me, Satan!” he said. “You do not have in mind the concerns of God, but merely human concerns.”

Jesus states “the Elijah” in Matthew 11:14 indicating he speaking of a specific type of Elijah.

He also does the same in Matthew 17:10-12 with the words “that Elijah “

Looking at Jesus' words Malachi is not speaking of Elijah but rather as an individual of the same type as Elijah.

NickHassan
    Participant

yes KW,
    The spirit is what defines the vessel.

jammin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Feb. 27 2012,11:31)

Quote (kerwin @ Feb. 26 2012,14:15)
    You have failed to resolve the conflict between your teaching and the fact that the child does not come into existence before the parent.

Yet there is one mentioned in history who was both the Root AND the Branch of another.  That one is Jesus.  

Normally, the branch does not exist before the root.  But then, the life of Jesus was anything but normal.

JESUS is the man.
    when christ became human, he was given a name JESUS.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Feb. 27 2012,06:29)
    ed j,
    it is very clear that you dont understand eph 6.17
    my advise to you is dont use a verse if you dont know exactly the right meaning of it.

kerwin,
    that is what the bible says. the WORD is christ! what are you talking about??
    christ became human! you said the word is JESUS. there was no JESUS in the beginning kerwin. we are talking about the beginning of all beginnings. it was CHRIST who was with GOD! when he became human he was given a name jesus! that's what the bible says!

if you dont believe that the WORD is christ. then who is the WORD in john 1.1?

Jammin,

The Word is that which comes out of the mouth of God and which made all creation.  It is also God's righteous decree.  It is not a who but a what.

Jesus became a human being that personified the Word.

For that reason Jesus bears the title of the Word of God.

jammin
    Participant

Quote (david @ Feb. 27 2012,11:32)

Quote (jammin @ Feb. 27 2012,11:29)
    ed j,
    my advise to you is dont use a verse if you dont know exactly the right meaning of it.

kerwin,
    christ became human! you said the word is JESUS. there was no JESUS in the beginning kerwin. we are talking about the beginning of all beginnings. it was CHRIST who was with GOD! when he became human he was given a name jesus! that's what the bible says!

Jammin, doesn't “Christ” or “messiah” literally mean “anointed one.”

Didn't he in fact become the anointed one (Christ) when he was anointed with holy spirit?

the meaning of christ is anointed one.
    Χριστός,n \{}
    1) Christ was the Messiah, the Son of God 2) anointed

also, it means the SON of GOD.

Matthew 16:16

21st Century King James Version (KJ21)

16And Simon Peter answered and said, “Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.”

therefore,

the WORD (christ) was with GOD

he was called the WORD.
    the WORD was GOD!

he became human (14) and dwelt among us.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    So was Spirit and of God with God but one with God

jammin
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Feb. 27 2012,14:27)

Quote (jammin @ Feb. 27 2012,06:29)
    ed j,

kerwin,

Jammin,

The Word is that which comes out of the mouth of God and which made all creation.  It is also God's righteous decree.  It is not a who but a what.

Jesus became a human being that personified the Word.

For that reason Jesus bears the title of the Word of God.

you said:The Word is that which comes out of the mouth of God

i cant read in john 1.1 that opinion.

where can you read that in john 1.1??

all i can read is that it refers to christ. he is called the WORD or the WORD of GOD!

john did not say that the meaning of logos in john 1.1 is that which comes out of the mouth of GOD.

read that in john 1.1! i dont need your opinion.

jammin
    Participant

kerwin:Jesus became a human being that personified the Word

no! you are wrong again! there was no jesus in john 1.1
    it was christ! when he became human he was given a name jesus.

jammin
    Participant

kerwin:Jesus became a human being that personified the Word.

can you read that in john 1.1??

where did you get that???

pls read in john 1.1 your opinion

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jammin,
    He was Jesus before he was anointed as the Christ

jammin
    Participant

no nick. another meaning of christ is the son of GOD
    mat 16.16

the son of GOD became human and was given a name jesus

Marlin1
    Participant

Do you believe that John the Baptist was Elijah?

What did Jesus say,
    MATTHEW 17:12 †     But I say unto you, That Elias is come already, and they knew him not, but have done unto him whatsoever they listed. Likewise shall also the Son of man suffer of them.
    13 †     Then the disciples understood that he spake unto them of John the Baptist.

What did John say,
    JOHN 1:21  †     And they asked him, What then? Art thou Elias? And he saith, I am not. Art thou that prophet? And he answered, No.

Was Jesus wrong?  NO   Was John Wrong?  NO

The mystery revealed is in two parts.  One in the above they ask John if he is Elias, THAT prophet.  John new they were talking of an Elijah to come before the burning of the earth. And he answered truthfully, he was not.  The spirit of Elijah comes more then once.  Five times.

Jesus said,
    MAT 17:11 †     And Jesus answered and said unto them, Elias truly shall first come, and restore all things.
    A different Elias,  John did not restore all things.

John was, MAL 3:1 †     Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me:

John came to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children.  (Those ones that followed the law to the new church).

LUKE 1:17 †     And he shall go before him in the spirit and power of Elias, to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just; to make ready a people prepared for the Lord.

Malachi, speaks of another spirit of Elijah to come.

MAL 4:5 †     Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD:
    6 †     And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.

Another Elijah to come, to turn the hearts of the children back to the Pentecostal fathers.  He came in the 20th century, in the power of Elijah, making known that Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever. He did not come in secret, Yet he was also rejected by the church world, just like Jesus was.

Does any one reading this know whom I speak of?

God Bless all
    Marlin

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Feb. 27 2012,15:15)
    no nick. another meaning of christ is the son of GOD
    mat 16.16

the son of GOD became human and was given a name jesus

Indeed Jammin,
    When he was anointed at the jordan he became the Christ and the first reborn SON of God

Viewing 20 posts - 4,381 through 4,400 (of 25,907 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account