JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 4,361 through 4,380 (of 25,907 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    This is what you said
    “no ,NICK NOT ALL THAT CALLS ON THE NAME OF CHRIST WILL BE SAVE ONLY THOSE WHO DO IT FROM A FULL HEART ,AND IN TRUTH ,TO BECOME HOLY LIKE GOD HIS,AND ACCEPTING HIS SON ” THE WORD”THAT CAME IN FLESH TO SACRIFICE HIS LIVE FOR US, “

Knowing about God and His son does not save us.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 25 2012,12:22)
    Hi T,
    This is what you said
    “no ,NICK NOT ALL THAT CALLS ON THE NAME OF CHRIST WILL BE SAVE ONLY THOSE WHO DO IT FROM A FULL HEART ,AND IN TRUTH ,TO BECOME HOLY LIKE GOD HIS,AND ACCEPTING HIS SON ” THE WORD”THAT CAME IN FLESH TO SACRIFICE HIS LIVE FOR US, “

Knowing about God and His son does not save us.

N

MT 7:21 “ Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter.
    MT 7:22 “ Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?’
    MT 25:11 “Later the other virgins also came, saying, ‘ Lord, lord, open up for us.’
    LK 6:46 “ Why do you call Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ and do not do what I say?

that will be the answer from Jesus him self

jammin
    Participant

the Word refers to Christ! john 1.1
    when he became human , he was given a name JESUS!
    that's what the bible says.

that's just so simple to understand.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jammin,
    Was John the Baptist, Elijah and will Elijah come again?
    From whence did the preaching and powers of Elijah and John come?

jammin
    Participant

does it have connection in john 1.1?
    the topic is about john 1.1.who is the word. that's it.

Ed J
    Participant

JOHN 1:1 who is “The Word”?

That would be God's “HolySpirit”. (see Eph.6:17)

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Feb. 25 2012,17:55)

Jammin,

The bible does not say the Word spoken of in John 1 is Jesus. Such an interpretation breaks scripture as it would cause a child to exist before his parent. God is not a God of Confusion.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Kerwin,

Do you believe that John the Baptist was Elijah?

jammin
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Feb. 26 2012,19:21)

Jammin,

The bible does not say the Word spoken of in John 1 is Jesus. Such an interpretation breaks scripture as it would cause a child to exist before his parent.  God is not a God of Confusion.

yes. GOD is not a God of confusion. therefore, he is not your GOD bec you are confused.

the WORD refers to christ. we are talking here in the beginning, before everything was made, he was with GOD.

when he became human. he was given a name JESUS.

that is just your opinion. read that in john 1.1
    john says “THE WORD”
    it refers to christ! he is called the WORD or the WORD of GOD.

jammin
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Feb. 26 2012,17:21)
    JOHN 1:1 who is “The Word”?

That would be God's “HolySpirit”. (see Eph.6:17)

God bless

eph 6.17 has no connetion in john 1.1

the meaning of eph 6.17 is GOD's word is indespensable weapon.
    it refers to the teaching of GOD.

Ephesians 6:17

Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)
    17 Accept God’s salvation as your helmet. And take the sword of the Spirit—that sword is the teaching of God.

Ed J
    Participant

HI Jammin,

1 Cor 14:36-38 What? came the word of God out from you? or came it unto you only?
    If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that
    I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord. But if any man be ignorant, let him be ignorant.

God bless

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Feb. 26 2012,19:47)
    Kerwin,

John 1:21 (New International Version)
    New International Version (NIV)

21 They asked him, “Then who are you? Are you Elijah?”
      He said, “I am not.”
      “Are you the Prophet?”
      He answered, “No.”

Luke 1

11 Then an angel of the Lord appeared to him, standing at the right side of the altar of incense. 12 When Zechariah saw him, he was startled and was gripped with fear. 13 But the angel said to him: “Do not be afraid, Zechariah; your prayer has been heard. Your wife Elizabeth will bear you a son, and you are to call him John. 14 He will be a joy and delight to you, and many will rejoice because of his birth, 15 for he will be great in the sight of the Lord. He is never to take wine or other fermented drink, and he will be filled with the Holy Spirit even before he is born. 16 He will bring back many of the people of Israel to the Lord their God. 17 And he will go on before the Lord, in the spirit and power of Elijah, to turn the hearts of the parents to their children and the disobedient to the wisdom of the righteous—to make ready a people prepared for the Lord.”

NickHassan
    Participant

The thread has been brought up.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Feb. 26 2012,21:04)

Quote (kerwin @ Feb. 26 2012,19:21)

Jammin,

The bible does not say the Word spoken of in John 1 is Jesus. Such an interpretation breaks scripture as it would cause a child to exist before his parent.  God is not a God of Confusion.

yes. GOD is not a God of confusion. therefore, he is not your GOD bec you are confused.

the WORD refers to christ. we are talking here in the beginning, before everything was made, he was with GOD.

when he became human. he was given a name JESUS.

that is just your opinion. read that in john 1.1
    john says “THE WORD”
    it refers to christ! he is called the WORD or the WORD of GOD.

Jammin,

You appear to be arguing from your own authority which I do not recognize.  Can you answer why you believe that the Word spoken in John 1 is the Anointed.

You have failed to resolve the conflict between your teaching and the fact that the child does not come into existence before the parent.   According to your teaching Christ came to exist because Mary came to exist first while Mary came to exist because Christ came to exist first.  That teaching is in conflict with itself.

I do know that in beginning the Word of God was God because Jehovah personalizes his own Word.  I also know the Word was with God because it is written that the Spirit hovered over the waters  and the Spirit also personalized the Word of God.  I also know that all that has been created is created by the Word of God.  Do you disagree with that knowledge.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ Feb. 26 2012,13:49)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Feb. 26 2012,19:47)
    Kerwin,

John 1:21 (New International Version)

21 They asked him, “Then who are you? Are you Elijah?”
      He said, “I am not.”
      “Are you the Prophet?”
      He answered, “No.”

Luke 1

11 Then an angel of the Lord appeared to him, standing at the right side of the altar of incense. 12 When Zechariah saw him, he was startled and was gripped with fear. 13 But the angel said to him: “Do not be afraid, Zechariah; your prayer has been heard. Your wife Elizabeth will bear you a son, and you are to call him John. 14 He will be a joy and delight to you, and many will rejoice because of his birth, 15 for he will be great in the sight of the Lord. He is never to take wine or other fermented drink, and he will be filled with the Holy Spirit even before he is born. 16 He will bring back many of the people of Israel to the Lord their God. 17 And he will go on before the Lord, in the spirit and power of Elijah, to turn the hearts of the parents to their children and the disobedient to the wisdom of the righteous—to make ready a people prepared for the Lord.”

Good, scriptural answers, Kerwin.  :)  That's the way this site should work all the time.  

But what about these scriptures?

Malachi 4:5
    “See, I will send you the prophet Elijah before that great and dreadful day of the LORD comes.

Matthew 11:14
    And if you are willing to accept it, he is the Elijah who was to come.

Matthew 17:10-12
    The disciples asked him, “Why then do the teachers of the law say that Elijah must come first?”  Jesus replied, “To be sure, Elijah comes and will restore all things.  But I tell you, Elijah has already come, and they did not recognize him, but have done to him everything they wished. In the same way the Son of Man is going to suffer at their hands.”

jammin
    Participant

ed j,
    it is very clear that you dont understand eph 6.17
    my advise to you is dont use a verse if you dont know exactly the right meaning of it.

kerwin,
    that is what the bible says. the WORD is christ! what are you talking about??
    christ became human! you said the word is JESUS. there was no JESUS in the beginning kerwin. we are talking about the beginning of all beginnings. it was CHRIST who was with GOD! when he became human he was given a name jesus! that's what the bible says!

if you dont believe that the WORD is christ. then who is the WORD in john 1.1?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ Feb. 26 2012,14:15)
    You have failed to resolve the conflict between your teaching and the fact that the child does not come into existence before the parent.

Yet there is one mentioned in history who was both the Root AND the Branch of another. That one is Jesus.

Normally, the branch does not exist before the root. But then, the life of Jesus was anything but normal.

david
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Feb. 27 2012,11:29)
    ed j,
    it is very clear that you dont understand eph 6.17
    my advise to you is dont use a verse if you dont know exactly the right meaning of it.

kerwin,
    that is what the bible says. the WORD is christ! what are you talking about??
    christ became human! you said the word is JESUS. there was no JESUS in the beginning kerwin. we are talking about the beginning of all beginnings. it was CHRIST who was with GOD! when he became human he was given a name jesus! that's what the bible says!

if you dont believe that the WORD is christ. then who is the WORD in john 1.1?

Jammin, doesn't “Christ” or “messiah” literally mean “anointed one.”

Didn't he in fact become the anointed one (Christ) when he was anointed with holy spirit?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Luke 2
    11 Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord.

26 It had been revealed to him by the Holy Spirit that he would not die before he had seen the Lord’s Christ.

29 “Sovereign Lord, as you have promised,
    you now dismiss your servant in peace.

Apparently, Jesus was the Christ from no later than 8 days old.

NickHassan
    Participant

Yes MB,
    Elijah could never BE John the baptist in our understanding but references to the Spirit in scripture are different.

The same with Jesus becoming Jesus Christ by the SPIRIT OF CHRIST

Viewing 20 posts - 4,361 through 4,380 (of 25,907 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account