JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 4,061 through 4,080 (of 25,907 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Oxy,
    The Spirit of God unites God and His son and those in him.
    Why do you still try to divide God from His own Spirit?

karmarie
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ July 13 2010,16:59)

Quote (karmarie @ July 13 2010,12:48)
    Wow, Oxy, everyone seems to be against you, why?

I havent read much of what you've posted sorry, but why are they?

Hi Karmarie,

I have no problem with Oxy.  He's okay – just a little confused.   :D

mike

Hi Mike. Thats good. Im confused as well! lol.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Oxy @ July 15 2010,19:18)
    Is the Word of God God?

That's like saying is your soul you?
    Is your body you?
    Is your spirit you?

The answer is that all three make up the person that is you.

In the same way, the Father, the Word and the Spirit all together make up the God we know, although unlike us, the three parts of God are known individually.

Remember that we are made in the likeness of God.  He is three and so are we.   Hmmm.. that rhymed  :)

Hi Oxy,

Those are indeed some of the many parts of God!
    But why do you say some of them are his son instead?

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 15 2010,19:31)
    Hi Oxy,
    The Spirit of God unites God and His son and those in him.
    Why do you still try to divide God from His own Spirit?

Hi Nick,

Good question, why are you oxy?

Oxy
    Participant

Ed, look at what you wrote. It's ridiculous.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Oxy @ July 15 2010,21:03)
    Ed, look at what you wrote.  It's ridiculous.

Hi Oxy,

The “HolySpirit” is GOD! Not another person; OXY? (Click Here)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi OXY,
    No just misunderstood again.

RokkaMan
    Participant

The Holy Spirit and The Word are not God, but parts of God The Father.

They come from him, they aren't HIM in entirety, or co-equal distinctive versions of him.

They are parts of him, just like your body is a part of your being, or your words are a part of your being.

The Source of which, is identified as The Father, YHVH himself.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (RokkaMan @ July 16 2010,14:00)

They come from him, they aren't HIM in entirety, or co-equal distinctive versions of him.

They are parts of him, just like your body is a part of your being, or your words are a part of your being.

Hi RokkaMan,

Should we even consider 'your opinions' without Scriptural backing?
    Where is the Scriptural backing of 'your assertions'?

davidbfun
    Participant

Quote (RokkaMan @ July 03 2010,17:02)
    The Word of God is eternal life and love. It is God himself. God is seven spirits (in the same way The Holy Spirit is God's wisdom).

According to my belief and maybe not scripture (it could be in scripture but I haven't looked to back up my claim)

I believe the Word of God is the spirit of eternal life and love.

If this spirit was manifested as The Son of God and later Jesus Christ…

It would make sense, that God being alone in the beginning could not love without an object to love

Therefore manifesting a son unto him, that was from him but not him…in the same way we today have children that come from our flesh and blood, but are not exactly us.

Through that love, and manifestation of a Son was EVERYTHING MADE.

All things.

So to me, The Word of God is the spirit of love and eternal life…all things were brought to life “called” creation (event things yet to come).

——–

This is further demonstrated when eternal life and love was manifested as flesh in Jesus Christ…walked, talked, and dwelled among us.

Being perfect and obedient to YHVH The Father, he died for our sins.

In a statement saying, I YHVH love you so much…
    that I will put to death eternal life and love for mankind…yet he will be ressurected so that you “mankind” will be ressurected IN eternal life and love.

——
    We can replace the words eternal life and love for Jesus Christ…and it fits scripturally….

We can also resplace eternal life and love and Jesus Christ with God…. and it still fits perfectly.

I know because it fits doesn't make it true…but the more I grow as a christian and I read and understand scripture, this understanding becomes more evident.

Hi RM,

You speak many truths:

Jesus IS Eternal Life and was WITH God.
    Jesus IS The Word of God.
    Jesus is Love.

Holy Spirit (a part of Elohim/God) is seven spirits (Is 11:2)

But God is not Jesus or Jesus is not God; whichever way you put it.

Never seen where Jesus was “spirit”, although he has a spirit.

As a thought: Time and eternity apply to God's creation but not to God. God exists and has always existed (Hayah 'asher hayah). (I understand In human terms we attach Eternal to God on occasion.)(Seems more logical to call him “Existing God” instead of “Eternal God”, no?) Jesus as the firstborn of all creation began “the clock” so to speak so all of the things that you said about him being Eternal Life is true. Eternity began with him and ends with him.

It is good to have beliefs because it is showing that you are reading, thinking and processing what you are learning. Keep it up!

David

RokkaMan
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ July 16 2010,14:17)

Quote (RokkaMan @ July 16 2010,14:00)

Hi RokkaMan,

Maybe i wasn't clear.

The Holy Spirit is god, so is his Word.

They are God in the sense that they come from God, but they do not encompass his totality.

My arm is just as much me, as me myself…but specifically it is a part of me.
    ———

So when I say the holy spirit is a part of God, I tell you the truth…

If it encompassed God's totality, then it'd have the power to pass judgement.

but we all know, only The Son can pass judgement.

I cannot provide scripture proving the holy spirit cannot pass judgement, because there aren't any.

Well if the holy spirit is God entirely then this wouldn't be so.

——–
    but if you have ears to hear and eyes to see, you would understand that the holy spirit and the word of god are just as much god as YHVH is, yet they are a part of him and not him in totality.

The Father is the totality everything else comes from him.

——-

And yes you can believe what I am saying HERE because what I am saying is in allign with scripture…if not, then charge against it and show me where i'm wrong.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (RokkaMan @ July 16 2010,17:34)

Quote (Ed J @ July 16 2010,14:17)

Hi RokkaMan,

Maybe i wasn't clear.

The Holy Spirit is God, so is his Word.

They are God in the sense that they come from God, but they do not encompass his totality.

My arm is just as much me, as me myself…but specifically it is a part of me.
    ———

Hi RokkaMan,

Yes; you now got the wording correct here!
    But then you begin to veer off course again?

God bless

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

To All…………All who believe the words of God is not God, I ask this, IS YOUR WORDS YOU OR NOT YOU? UNLESS of course your are (QUOTING) someone else as Jesus and the Prophets were. Jesus said the word He was speaking were (NOT) his words. He also said those word of GOD he was quoting were Spirit and Life. You can not separated GOD the Father From His words, no more then you can be separated from your words. You and your words are one and the same thing, because our words proceed out from our hearts, they are a true representation of who and what we are. God's Words are a true representation of who and what He is also. IMO

peace and love to you all……………………..gene

terraricca
    Participant

hi

what WORD do you speak of;;the Word in John 1-1 or the scriptures it self ??

Pierre

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (RokkaMan @ July 03 2010,09:02)

Hi RokkaMan,

You are correct indeed in this assessment! (Click Here)

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ July 17 2010,01:39)
    To All…………All who believe the words of God is not God, I ask this,  IS YOUR WORDS YOU OR NOT YOU?   UNLESS of course your are (QUOTING) someone else as Jesus and the Prophets were. Jesus said the word He was speaking were (NOT) his words. He also said those word of GOD he was quoting were Spirit and Life. You can not separated GOD the Father From His words, no more then you can be separated from your words. You and your words are one and the same thing, because our words proceed out from our hearts, they are a true representation of who and what we are. God's Words are a true representation of who and what He is also. IMO

Hi Gene,

“The Word” is the “HolySpirit”! (Click here)
    When are others here going to realize this?
    (Hebrews. 2:28 / Matt.1:18,1:20 / Luke 1:35)

God bless

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (RokkaMan @ July 03 2010,16:02)
    The Word of God is eternal life and love. It is God himself. God is seven spirits (in the same way The Holy Spirit is God's wisdom).

According to my belief and maybe not scripture (it could be in scripture but I haven't looked to back up my claim)

If this spirit was manifested as The Son of God and later Jesus Christ…

It would make sense, that God being alone in the beginning could not love without an object to love

Therefore manifesting a son unto him, that was from him but not him…in the same way we today have children that come from our flesh and blood, but are not exactly us.

Through that love, and manifestation of a Son was EVERYTHING MADE.

All things.

So to me, The Word of God is the spirit of love and eternal life…all things were brought to life “called” creation (event things yet to come).

——–

This is further demonstrated when eternal life and love was manifested as flesh in Jesus Christ…walked, talked, and dwelled among us.

Being perfect and obedient to YHVH The Father, he died for our sins.

In a statement saying, I YHVH love you so much…
    that I will put to death eternal life and love for mankind…yet he will be ressurected so that you “mankind” will be ressurected IN eternal life and love.

——
    We can replace the words eternal life and love for Jesus Christ…and it fits scripturally….

We can also resplace eternal life and love and Jesus Christ with God…. and it still fits perfectly.

I know because it fits doesn't make it true…but the more I grow as a christian and I read and understand scripture, this understanding becomes more evident.

edj

God is not eternal live ;God is live,he does not need anything else than himself,

he start to create out of love because he wanted to share what he has,and possess,
    you say;;
    this is very unwise;

on which side are you ?

Pierre

Oxy
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ July 17 2010,03:39)
    To All…………All who believe the words of God is not God, I ask this,  IS YOUR WORDS YOU OR NOT YOU?   UNLESS of course your are (QUOTING) someone else as Jesus and the Prophets were. Jesus said the word He was speaking were (NOT) his words. He also said those word of GOD he was quoting were Spirit and Life. You can not separated GOD the Father From His words, no more then you can be separated from your words. You and your words are one and the same thing, because our words proceed out from our hearts, they are a true representation of who and what we are. God's Words are a true representation of who and what He is also. IMO

My Bible tells me the following about the Word of God:

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
    Joh 1:2 He was in the beginning with God.
    Joh 1:3 All things came into being through Him, and without Him not even one thing came into being that has come into being.

Joh 1:14 And the Word became flesh, and tabernacled among us. And we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and of truth.

Heb 4:12 For the Word of God is living and powerful and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing apart of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Eph 6:17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God,

Can you see how these Scriptures all refer to Jesus as being the Word of God? Think about it!!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Oxy,
    Is it OK to add to scripture?

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Oxy @ July 18 2010,15:56)

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ July 17 2010,03:39)

My Bible tells me the following about the Word of God:

Joh 1:1  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
    Joh 1:2  He was in the beginning with God.
    Joh 1:3  All things came into being through Him, and without Him not even one thing came into being that has come into being.

Joh 1:14  And the Word became flesh, and tabernacled among us. And we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and of truth.

Heb 4:12  For the Word of God is living and powerful and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing apart of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Eph 6:17  And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God,

Can you see how these Scriptures all refer to Jesus as being the Word of God?  Think about it!!

Hi Oxy,

They are about the “HolySoirit”, why won't 'you' consider that?

God bless

Viewing 20 posts - 4,061 through 4,080 (of 25,907 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account