JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 3,941 through 3,960 (of 25,908 total)
  • Author
    barley
    Participant

Quote (RokkaMan @ June 18 2010,21:25)
    I would like your thoughts on this.

I am not trying to tie Jesus as being The Word of God even thought it is expressed in the bible.

But is The Word of God…God himself?

After i get a bunch of your responses, I'll post a verse explicitely showing WHO The Word of God is, so be careful in your analysis or else i'll embarrass you lol.

BTW a simple yes or no will suffice.
    Feel free to post a scripture or two, but please no novels of scripture, and no questions redirected back to me.

Just simply answer it and post (optional) a verse or two supporting your belief.

Matthew 12:34  …out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaketh….

What comes out of your mouth is you speaking, what comes out of your mouth is you.

What comes out of my mouth is me.

The words that come out of God's mouth is God.

II Timothy 3:16.  “All scripture is given by inspiration of God.  That is, all scripture is God-breathed.

Ed J
    Participant

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Edit))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Hi Oxy,

Nowhere in Scripture is Jesus identified as (you say) “The Word of God”?
    But there are many places where “The Bible” has recorded “The Word of God” in it's pages!
    Yet you continually speak out against this fact in order to promote what 'the systems of religion' propagate?

The systems of religion and traditions of men communicate…
    distortions of truth, confusion of mind, and distractions of spirit

Ed J
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (barley @ July 04 2010,00:34)

I am not trying to tie Jesus as being The Word of God even thought it is expressed in the bible.

After i get a bunch of your responses, I'll post a verse explicitely showing WHO The Word of God is, so be careful in your analysis or else i'll embarrass you lol.

Feel free to post a scripture or two, but please no novels of scripture, and no questions redirected back to me.

Just simply answer it and post (optional) a verse or two supporting your belief.

What comes out of your mouth is you speaking, what comes out of your mouth is you.

II Timothy 3:16.  “All scripture is given by inspiration of God.  That is, all scripture is God-breathed.

barely………..Right on brother , you have posted it right. God and His Words are ONE and The Same. Just as it says the Word WAS GOD> Just as our words ARE WHO WE ARE. Amen brother.

peace and love to you and yours……………………..gene

barley
    Participant

Quote (RokkaMan @ June 19 2010,16:54)
    If anything 2peter 1 is professing Jesus Christ to whoever the audience was suppose to be.

The very end states

21For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

And it's speaking of the prophecy of Jesus' coming.

Has nothing to do with The bible being written or The Word of God BEING the bible.

With an interpretation like yours, I highly doubt you have the holy spirit with you…seems more like an ego, since you always think your right.

Now that I know everything you say is balony, and needs to be taken with a grain of salt….(and also why you rarely post scripture and instead make outrageous claims).

I ask you to refrain from posting on my threads. You're input is a waste of space.

I love you, but please stop.

Thanks.

Does prophecy mean only those things which are foretold about Jesus Christ?

Is prophecy the communication, the words, the result of prophets doing their job?

Do prophets only foretell?

Do prophets prophesy about other things than future events?

Abraham was a prophet, did he foretell anything?  No, he did not.

He spoke a lot of things but not once did he foretell anything.  

Prophecy has two components.  Those things which are foretold and those things that are forth told.  Moses was given the law by God.  It is written down, it is scripture.  Moses was given these words from God for the benefit of God's people.  These words are prophecy.  They were the work of a prophet receiving from God and then the prophet prophesying to the people.  

The words of the law given to Moses by God to speak forth to the people were forth told.  Prophecy is the result of prophets doing their job.

The word prophecy in II Peter 1:20,21 is referring to scripture, all of it.

Look at verses 16,17,18 Jesus had already come, the apostles made people aware of these past events.  When the words were said, “This is my beloved son, in whom I am well pleased.”  That was prophecy.  It is not foretelling.  

verse 19 says we have even a more sure word of prophecy than that.  

How can that be?  How can we have a more sure word of prophecy than that which was spoken on the holy mount?  That word of prophecy which was not foretelling of Jesus Christ's coming.  

How? because man's experience and his own interpretation of his own experiences are subject to man's frailties to some degree.

However, as it states in verse 21, the prophecy came not in old time by the will, or choice or self willed decision of man, but holy men of God that were moved by the Holy Spirit.   The written word of God was given by revelation to holy men of God whom God knew would faithfully and accurately write what God wanted written.  The frailty of humanity was engineered out of the equation.  God gave us this word by prophets who faithfully carried out God's will.  

The more sure word of prophecy is scripture.  The scripture, the written word is the subject of II Peter 1.

It is scripture, in total, that we are to avoid interpreting.

The more sure word of prophecy is scripture.

barley
    Participant

Quote (RokkaMan @ June 19 2010,06:34)
    Amg i don't want to read a book of verse, I am simply asking “you” (as in individuals) you're position and a verse or two of scripture to support your belief.

Please just a simple yes or no.

I understand your desire to keep things simple by asking for a yes or no answer.  

Not all questions can be answered yes or no.

Are you still beating your wife?  Yes or no.  

See what I mean?  Yes or no?

barley
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ June 19 2010,17:03)
    Hi RM:

When you speak, it your word coming from you.  If someone, obeys what you say, does that make that person you or do does he through obedience to your commandments reflect your character?

God spoke in the OT to many such as Adam, to Noah, to Enoch, to the Pharaoh through Moses, to Moses, to Israel through Moses, through the prophets to Israel, to Nebuchadnezzar, and lastly he has spoken to humanity through His Only Begotten Son.  Does the fact that God has spoken (the Word of God) through these people make them God?

There is only “One God”, however, Jesus reflects God's perfectly reflects God's character as He relates to humanity.  God not only spoke to humanity through Jesus (it was God speaking (the Word of God)), but Jesus is the only one who obeyed what God was speaking to humanity through him without sin, and so it is written that “he is the express image of his person”.  He is God in this sense, and so he said:  “He who has seen me has seen the Father”.  We have seen the Father through the life that Jesus lived in obedience to the Word of God, and so the scripture also calls Jesus “the Word of God”.

Now the body of Jesus is God's own “flesh and blood”, but they are not the same person.  They are two distinct individuals.

Jesus was sent by God, and God has said to us through the Apostle Peter that Jesus is “The Christ, the Son of the Living God”.

There is “One God, and one mediator between God and man, the man, Christ Jesus”. (1 Ti 2:5)

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Well said, I couldn't have done better myself.

barley
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ July 04 2010,00:56)

barely………..Right on brother , you have posted it right. God and His Words are ONE and The Same. Just as it says the Word WAS GOD>  Just as our words ARE WHO WE ARE.  Amen brother.

Thanks,

When people realize this, how much more should we carefully choose our words so that they line up with scripture?

For instance, are we losers?  No, not if scripture is right, and it is.  Romans 8:37,   Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.  

Are we also rans?   No, we are victorious in Christ, II Corinthians 2:14.  

Ephesians 4:29,  Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but rather that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.

That is huge.  Our words can and should build people up, not tear them down.  

Our words can minister grace to the hearers.  Jesus Christ ministered grace, we can do the same works as JC.

What an honor!  What a privilege!  What incredible lives we can live!  

Did I not just scratch the surface of this great topic?

Just so you know, I have read enough of your posts to recognize your accomplishments in reading scripture and letting them speak for themselves.  Who are you or I to inject and project our human thoughts into God's own words?

Have a great day!

barley
    Participant

Quote (Oxy @ June 19 2010,18:35)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 19 2010,18:54)
    Hi RM,
    Fruit?

Man cannot live by bread alone but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.
    All scripture is inspired.
    2 peter 1

Scripture is inspired, yes and amen, but it is words we read.

The words that proceed from the mouth of God are the words He speaks to us day by day as part of our LIVING relationship with Him.

Did Jesus Christ ever quote scripture?

Did JC wait for  God to tell him what to say and do all the time?  Yes, first from what he read from the scripture and then  by revelation from God when he needed it.  

How many times did JC confront people with scripture?  “Have ye not read?”   “Ye do err, not knowing the scripture, nor the power of God.”   “It is written”

We have a lot of scripture to attend to before we need concern ourselves with revelation.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Ed J @ July 03 2010,01:24)
    Hi Mike,

I was almost ready to Post to you and I accidentally deleted it.
    I will explain the video for you tomorrow; Ok?

God bless
    Ed J

NO! I want it NOW!

Just kidding. :D

Thanks Ed.

barley
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ June 19 2010,18:05)
    Hi RM:

My position is that there is One God who is above all including Jesus.

Whether or not you agree, that is what the Word of God teaches.

Ephesians 4:6One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

1 Co. 8:6But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Great reply!  

The word of God is God's communication to mankind.  Most noteably it is the scriptures.  It is scripture that we learn from.  We cannot learn directly from Jesus Christ like Israel did, because he is not here.  We have learned about God, about Jesus Christ, about our salvation, our future because of what God had men of God write down for us in the form of scripture.

We learn from others by their lifestyle choices and the words they speak.   We can learn and see the word in the flesh when we see people who live by scripture and speak scripture.

RokkaMan
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ July 04 2010,00:56)

barely………..Right on brother , you have posted it right. God and His Words are ONE and The Same. Just as it says the Word WAS GOD>  Just as our words ARE WHO WE ARE.  Amen brother.

So you guys agree with me when I say The Word of God is God himself.

Good.

Now do you believe Jesus Christ is The Word of God manifested in flesh?

RokkaMan
    Participant

Quote (barley @ July 04 2010,03:37)

Quote (942767 @ June 19 2010,17:03)
    Hi RM:

When you speak, it your word coming from you.  If someone, obeys what you say, does that make that person you or do does he through obedience to your commandments reflect your character?

God spoke in the OT to many such as Adam, to Noah, to Enoch, to the Pharaoh through Moses, to Moses, to Israel through Moses, through the prophets to Israel, to Nebuchadnezzar, and lastly he has spoken to humanity through His Only Begotten Son.  Does the fact that God has spoken (the Word of God) through these people make them God?

There is only “One God”, however, Jesus reflects God's perfectly reflects God's character as He relates to humanity.  God not only spoke to humanity through Jesus (it was God speaking (the Word of God)), but Jesus is the only one who obeyed what God was speaking to humanity through him without sin, and so it is written that “he is the express image of his person”.  He is God in this sense, and so he said:  “He who has seen me has seen the Father”.  We have seen the Father through the life that Jesus lived in obedience to the Word of God, and so the scripture also calls Jesus “the Word of God”.

Now the body of Jesus is God's own “flesh and blood”, but they are not the same person.  They are two distinct individuals.

Jesus was sent by God, and God has said to us through the Apostle Peter that Jesus is “The Christ, the Son of the Living God”.

There is “One God, and one mediator between God and man, the man, Christ Jesus”. (1 Ti 2:5)

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Well said, I couldn't have done better myself.

I can understand your charge against me if I concluded that Jesus Christ was YHVH himself.

But i've said it over and over and I will continue to say it.

Jesus Christ is not YHVH, he is a manifestation of YHVH.

He is equivelant to that of The Angel of The Lord in the OT.

Only diff is that he was a man and not an angel.

His death and ressurection as a man was to reconcile us back to God.

——–

What have I said that is not scriptural?

That Jesus Christ is The Word of God manifested in flesh?

RokkaMan
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ July 01 2010,19:28)

Quote (SimplyForgiven @ July 01 2010,05:51)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 30 2010,23:49)
    Hi SF,
    The sword of the Spirit does cut deep.
    But Jesus still heals

Hi Nick,
    God is the word,
    You should wish to be cut,
    so humility can overcome you

Hi SF,

God is “The Word” and Jesus is the son of “The Word”! (Read Heb.7:28)
    Click Here for more on this; HolySpirit is “GOD: The Father” of Jesus Christ!

Hebrews 7:28 For the law maketh men high priests which have infirmity; but
    “The Word”(HolySpirit) of the oath, which was since the law, (Matt.1:18,1:20)
    maketh the Son(Jesus Christ), who is consecrated for evermore. (Luke 1:35)

God bless
    Ed J

John 1 doesn't say he was the son of the word.

John 1 says he is The Word manifested in flesh, and we beheld him as The only begotten of The Father.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (RokkaMan @ July 04 2010,04:40)

Hi SF,
    But Jesus still heals

Hi Nick,
    God is the word,

Hi SF,

God bless
    Ed J

John 1 says he is The Word manifested in flesh, and we beheld him as The only begotten of The Father.

Right on RM. Jesus is the Word of God, not the Word of God's Son. Now if you could only see that “the Word was with THE God, and the Word was A god” you would be on your way.

peace and love,
    mike

RokkaMan
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ July 04 2010,04:54)

Quote (RokkaMan @ July 04 2010,04:40)

Hi SF,
    But Jesus still heals

Hi Nick,
    God is the word,

Hi SF,

God bless
    Ed J

Right on RM.  Jesus is the Word of God, not the Word of God's Son.  Now if you could only see that “the Word was with THE God, and the Word was A god” you would be on your way.

peace and love,
    mike

Well not that the word of God was A God…but that

The Word of God, WAS God.

The God this verse is implying is YHVH himself.

Not a seperate God from the source, but one in the same.

This is further elaborated in 1 timothy 3:16

and can be seen in the OT, that The Word of God was YHVH himself.

——–

I understand that the word God can be used as titles.

and Mike, you believe that The Word of God was being titled as A God and not THE GOD.

but scripture disagrees with that interpretation all together.

——–

Scripture both OT and NT, show us that The Word of God is YHVH himself.

If I speak words, my words aren't seperate from my being…they are me, expressing myself through communication.

If The Word of God is God's expressed communication to something other than himself.

Then it is exactly that, The Word of God is YHVH's expression.

If that expression is eternal life and love…

Then isn't it fair to say that Jesus is the manifestation of eternal life and love?

——
    Well lets analyze it….

If we believe in him, we receive eternal life.
    His death was the ultimate expression of love?

——

The Word of God is not a God seperate from the source it came from.

It is an expression of eternal life and love from the Source of all things…..

YHVH

Ed J
    Participant

Hi RokkaMan,

What you said that isn't Scriptural is: You to say “The Word” is someone other than the “HolySpirit”?
    Luke 12:10 And whosoever shall speak a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him:
    but unto him that blasphemeth against the Holy Spirit (speaketh against the Holy Spirit), it
    shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come. (Mt.12:32)

The systems of religion and traditions of men do communicate…

Ed J

barley
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ June 20 2010,08:51)

Quote (Oxy @ June 19 2010,18:46)

Quote (942767 @ June 19 2010,20:34)
    Hi Oxy:

Is the bible the Word of God?

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi Marty, I know that everyone calls the Bible the Word of God, but God Himself taught me differently.  There are a few things that need to be considered.
    1. There is not one Scripture in all the Bible that specifically calls the Bible the Word.
    2. The Word of God was in the beginning with God and was God.
    3. The Word of God was made flesh
    4. THE Word of God indicates only one, the word THE being singular.
    5. Jesus NEVER referred to Scrpture as the Word.  He called them Scrptures, the words of God or “It is written”
    6. If faith comes by hearing the Word and the Word is Scripture, why doesn't it say reading?  What it actually means is that faith comes by HEARING.. in other words faith comes when the Word (Jesus) speaks to you.

My personal experience is that since God gave me this understanding it has greatly enhanced the meaning of Scripture to me and also revolutionised my relationship with Jesus.

Hi Oxy,

Where did you faith come from; if not from “The Bible”?

Ed J

Ed J,

Thanks, you put it in a nutshell.

barley
    Participant

Quote (Oxy @ June 19 2010,18:46)

Quote (942767 @ June 19 2010,20:34)
    Hi Oxy:

Is the bible the Word of God?

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi Marty, I know that everyone calls the Bible the Word of God, but God Himself taught me differently.  There are a few things that need to be considered.
    1. There is not one Scripture in all the Bible that specifically calls the Bible the Word.
    2. The Word of God was in the beginning with God and was God.
    3. The Word of God was made flesh
    4. THE Word of God indicates only one, the word THE being singular.
    5. Jesus NEVER referred to Scrpture as the Word.  He called them Scrptures, the words of God or “It is written”
    6. If faith comes by hearing the Word and the Word is Scripture, why doesn't it say reading?  What it actually means is that faith comes by HEARING.. in other words faith comes when the Word (Jesus) speaks to you.

My personal experience is that since God gave me this understanding it has greatly enhanced the meaning of Scripture to me and also revolutionised my relationship with Jesus.

So, then, faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the word of God.  

Where did you hear that?

Where did you read that?

RokkaMan
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ July 04 2010,05:12)
    Hi RokkaMan,

What you said that isn't Scriptural is: You to say “The Word” is someone other than the “HolySpirit”?
    Luke 12:10 And whosoever shall speak a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him:
    but unto him that blasphemeth against the Holy Spirit (speaketh against the Holy Spirit), it
    shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come. (Mt.12:32)

The systems of religion and traditions of men do communicate…

Ed J

If I said that, quote me…don't just make accusations.
    That's a huge charge against my soul, that you would say I am blaspheming against the holy spirit.

——–

John 1 clearly illustrates that The Word of God was God himself.

It then goes on to say, The Word of God was manifested in flesh and we beheld his glory as that of The only begotten of The Father.

——-

That is my claim, so to say I am blaspheming against The Holy Spirit, would also be saying that scripture is blaspheming against the holy spirit…in which

YOU are blaspheming to say that scripture is blaspheming.

That's almost like calling God a sinner, in which that is blaspheme.

So be careful when you charge someone, for charging someone really would be charging yourself…if what they say is in fact scriptural.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (RokkaMan @ July 04 2010,05:50)
    John 1 clearly illustrates that The Word of God was God himself.

It then goes on to say, The Word of God was manifested in flesh and we beheld his glory as that of The only begotten of The Father.

Hi RM,

John 1 clearly illustrates the the Word of God (A mighty one) was WITH God (THE Mighty One). It does not say that the Word was God Himself. Actually, quite the contrary. The Word was WITH God. How can the Word BE God and BE WITH God at the same time?

There is only one Almighty God Father Jehovah. Either the Word IS that Almighty God Father Jehovah, OR the Word is the Son that the Almighty God Father Jehovah begot. The Word CANNOT be both. So which one fits more in with the rest of scripture?

mike

Viewing 20 posts - 3,941 through 3,960 (of 25,908 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account