JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 3,601 through 3,620 (of 25,907 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Oxy,
    The testimony of Jesus [word] is the Spirit of prophecy.[Rev19]
    The Spirit is what gives life through the testimony.
    The Spirit of Christ is of God.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Oxy @ June 19 2010,18:46)

Quote (942767 @ June 19 2010,20:34)
    Hi Oxy:

Is the bible the Word of God?

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi Marty, I know that everyone calls the Bible the Word of God, but God Himself taught me differently.  There are a few things that need to be considered.
    1. There is not one Scripture in all the Bible that specifically calls the Bible the Word.
    2. The Word of God was in the beginning with God and was God.
    3. The Word of God was made flesh
    4. THE Word of God indicates only one, the word THE being singular.
    5. Jesus NEVER referred to Scrpture as the Word.  He called them Scrptures, the words of God or “It is written”
    6. If faith comes by hearing the Word and the Word is Scripture, why doesn't it say reading?  What it actually means is that faith comes by HEARING.. in other words faith comes when the Word (Jesus) speaks to you.

My personal experience is that since God gave me this understanding it has greatly enhanced the meaning of Scripture to me and also revolutionised my relationship with Jesus.

Hi Oxy,

Where did you faith come from; if not from “The Bible”?

Ed J
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Oxy @ June 19 2010,18:46)

Quote (942767 @ June 19 2010,20:34)
    Hi Oxy:

Is the bible the Word of God?

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi Marty, I know that everyone calls the Bible the Word of God, but God Himself taught me differently.  There are a few things that need to be considered.
    1. There is not one Scripture in all the Bible that specifically calls the Bible the Word.
    2. The Word of God was in the beginning with God and was God.
    3. The Word of God was made flesh
    4. THE Word of God indicates only one, the word THE being singular.
    5. Jesus NEVER referred to Scrpture as the Word.  He called them Scrptures, the words of God or “It is written”
    6. If faith comes by hearing the Word and the Word is Scripture, why doesn't it say reading?  What it actually means is that faith comes by HEARING.. in other words faith comes when the Word (Jesus) speaks to you.

My personal experience is that since God gave me this understanding it has greatly enhanced the meaning of Scripture to me and also revolutionised my relationship with Jesus.

Hi Oxy,

Jer.23:36-37 And [the message of the LORD] shall ye mention no more:
    [for every man's word shall be his message]; for ye have perverted
    the words of the living God, of the LORD of hosts our God.
    Thus shalt thou say to the prophet, What hath
    the LORD answered thee(concerning Ed J)?

and, What hath the LORD spoken?

Isaiah 41:28-29 For I beheld, and there was no man; even among them, and
    there was no counselor, that, when I asked of them, could answer a word. (Micah:3:7)
    Behold, they are all vanity; their works are nothing: their molten images are wind and confusion.

Ed J

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (RokkaMan @ June 20 2010,02:29)
    So in otherwords brother Oxy, The bible is certainly NOT The Word of God.

It is THE INSPIRED WORDS OF GOD…The Law, Prohpechy, and work of God that REVEALS The Word of God that is Christ Jesus.

EVERYTHING in the bible was leading to Jesus.

The Word of God in fact is God himself, and the bible are his inspired words written by man to reveal himself unto mankind.

Hi RokkaMan,

Yes; Click Here!

Witnessing to the world in behalf of YHVH (Psalm 45:17)
    117=יהוה האלהים(JEHOVAH GOD) YÄ-hä-vā  hä ĔL-ō-Hêêm!
    Ed J (AKJV Joshua 22:34 / Isaiah 60:13-15)

RokkaMan
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ June 20 2010,08:55)

It is THE INSPIRED WORDS OF GOD…The Law, Prohpechy, and work of God that REVEALS The Word of God that is Christ Jesus.

The Word of God in fact is God himself, and the bible are his inspired words written by man to reveal himself unto mankind.

Hi RokkaMan,

Yes; Click Here!

So if we agree then what were we arguing about?

Mind you, I am not trinitarian. But i do believe The Word of God is God…and The Word of God manifested as Jesus Christ.

People like Nick however, believe The Word of God, is OF God and not literally God himself.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi RM,
    The Spirit of God helps us worship God.[Rom8]

RokkaMan
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 20 2010,13:02)
    Hi RM,
    The Spirit of God helps us worship God.[Rom8]

You speak as if I didn't know that already?

What is your point?

Here you go again with your meaningless 1 liners.

Oxy
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ June 20 2010,10:51)
    Hi Oxy,

Ed J

That's a really good question Ed. I will have to share some testimony with you in order to answer that.

Back in 1978 my life was one of crime, drug addiction, alcoholism, gang association and violence. I was also into astral travel and other areas of occult. This lifestyle took a heavy toll on me and I suffered grand mal epilepsy, spastic attacks, and mental illness. Knowing I was in trouble I sought help from a doctor, a minister and other sources. Nothing and no-one was able to help me.

One night the heavy vibes in my flat were such that I feared I would not survive the night mentally. I expected to end up like a zombie permanently.

Out of sheer desperation I got down on my knees and prayed. My prayer was simple. “God, if you are real, please help me.”

I heard a voice that said “The name of Jesus is used to cast out demons.” I called out “Jesus Jesus Jesus” like my life depended on it. I felt the demons leave me and I slept like a baby for the first time in 6 months.

The next morning I woke and smoked my first joint for the day before I got up as was my normal practise. Thinking I was free I carried on with my “normal” day of using heavy drugs and doing all the stuff I normally did.

That night the demons came and attacked me again. I called on the name of Jesus again and they left a second time, although not quite so convincingly this time. The next day was a repeat of the previous with the demons being even slower to leave. I then realised that if I wanted to keep my freedom I had to give my life to God, which was not a lifestyle I wanted at all, so it was with reluctance that I gave my life to the Lord, but I meant it.

He set me free from drugs, alcohol, swearing, anisocial behaviour and a host of other things immediately. I remember the next day feeling like I was floating on air and ever so free. I remember being surprised when I was talking to friends a bit later that day and stopping mid sentence when I realised I wasn't swearing! Then I saw a police officer over the road and instead of feeling my usual resentment rise up, all I saw was a man doing his job.

That was the beginning of my journey. A short time later I bought an Old King James Bible and God started teaching me from it. It was the beginning of an amazing journey that I still enjoy to the max.

So where does my faith come from? The same place that Moses' faith came from, that Noah's faith came from, that Abraham's faith came from. It came from hearing God and still does.

Oxy
    Participant

and before anyone picks up on my mental health, I know what it's like to have a totally restored mind!! Praise God!! Epilepsy and everything else left when the demons left and He restored my mind!

RokkaMan
    Participant

Quote (Oxy @ June 20 2010,13:13)

Hi Oxy,

Ed J

That's a really good question Ed.  I will have to share some testimony with you in order to answer that.

Back in 1978 my life was one of crime, drug addiction, alcoholism, gang association and violence.  I was also into astral travel and other areas of occult.  This lifestyle took a heavy toll on me and I suffered grand mal epilepsy, spastic attacks, and mental illness.  Knowing I was in trouble I sought help from a doctor, a minister and other sources.  Nothing and no-one was able to help me.

One night the heavy vibes in my flat were such that I feared I would not survive the night mentally.  I expected to end up like a zombie permanently.

Out of sheer desperation I got down on my knees and prayed.  My prayer was simple.  “God, if you are real, please help me.”

I heard a voice that said “The name of Jesus is used to cast out demons.”  I called out “Jesus Jesus Jesus” like my life depended on it.  I felt the demons leave me and I slept like a baby for the first time in 6 months.

The next morning I woke and smoked my first joint for the day before I got up as was my normal practise.  Thinking I was free I carried on with my “normal” day of using heavy drugs and doing all the stuff I normally did.

That night the demons came and attacked me again.  I called on the name of Jesus again and they left a second time, although not quite so convincingly this time.  The next day was a repeat of the previous with the demons being even slower to leave.  I then realised that if I wanted to keep my freedom I had to give my life to God, which was not a lifestyle I wanted at all, so it was with reluctance that I gave my life to the Lord, but I meant it.

He set me free from drugs, alcohol, swearing, anisocial behaviour and a host of other things immediately.  I remember the next day feeling like I was floating on air and ever so free.  I remember being surprised when I was talking to friends a bit later that day and stopping mid sentence when I realised I wasn't swearing!  Then I saw a police officer over the road and instead of feeling my usual resentment rise up, all I saw was a man doing his job.

That was the beginning of my journey.  A short time later I bought an Old King James Bible and God started teaching me from it.  It was the beginning of an amazing journey that I still enjoy to the max.

So where does my faith come from?  The same place that Moses' faith came from, that Noah's faith came from, that Abraham's faith came from.  It came from hearing God and still does.

Amen, we must deny ourselves and leave the world, taking up our cross to follow Jesus back to The Father.

Sounds like you are well on your way.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (RokkaMan @ June 20 2010,13:01)

Quote (Ed J @ June 20 2010,08:55)

Hi RokkaMan,

Yes; Click Here!

So if we agree then what were we arguing about?

Mind you, I am not trinitarian. But i do believe The Word of God is God…and The Word of God manifested as Jesus Christ.

People like Nick however, believe The Word of God, is OF God and not literally God himself.

Hi RokkaMan,

Here is where you diverge…
    'But i do believe The Word of God is God…and The Word of God manifested {{{as}}} Jesus Christ.'

That is incorrect; it should be…
    “I do believe The Word of God is God…and The Word of God was manifested in Jesus Christ.
    If you believe this wording, then we do (in fact) agree!
    If not: You are the only one arguing; I only make
    sure things are properly understood!

God bless
    Ed J

Oxy
    Participant

Have to disagree with you Ed. The Scriptures say that the Word was made flesh, and His name was called Jesus. Pretty basic foundational stuff really.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Oxy @ June 20 2010,13:13)

Hi Oxy,

Ed J

That's a really good question Ed.  I will have to share some testimony with you in order to answer that.

Back in 1978 my life was one of crime, drug addiction, alcoholism, gang association and violence.  I was also into astral travel and other areas of occult.  This lifestyle took a heavy toll on me and I suffered grand mal epilepsy, spastic attacks, and mental illness.  Knowing I was in trouble I sought help from a doctor, a minister and other sources.  Nothing and no-one was able to help me.

One night the heavy vibes in my flat were such that I feared I would not survive the night mentally.  I expected to end up like a zombie permanently.

Out of sheer desperation I got down on my knees and prayed.  My prayer was simple.  “God, if you are real, please help me.”

I heard a voice that said “The name of Jesus is used to cast out demons.”  I called out “Jesus Jesus Jesus” like my life depended on it.  I felt the demons leave me and I slept like a baby for the first time in 6 months.

The next morning I woke and smoked my first joint for the day before I got up as was my normal practise.  Thinking I was free I carried on with my “normal” day of using heavy drugs and doing all the stuff I normally did.

That night the demons came and attacked me again.  I called on the name of Jesus again and they left a second time, although not quite so convincingly this time.  The next day was a repeat of the previous with the demons being even slower to leave.  I then realised that if I wanted to keep my freedom I had to give my life to God, which was not a lifestyle I wanted at all, so it was with reluctance that I gave my life to the Lord, but I meant it.

He set me free from drugs, alcohol, swearing, anisocial behaviour and a host of other things immediately.  I remember the next day feeling like I was floating on air and ever so free.  I remember being surprised when I was talking to friends a bit later that day and stopping mid sentence when I realised I wasn't swearing!  Then I saw a police officer over the road and instead of feeling my usual resentment rise up, all I saw was a man doing his job.

That was the beginning of my journey.  A short time later I bought an Old King James Bible and God started teaching me from it.  It was the beginning of an amazing journey that I still enjoy to the max.

So where does my faith come from?  The same place that Moses' faith came from, that Noah's faith came from, that Abraham's faith came from.  It came from hearing God and still does.

Hi Oxy,

Interesting.

So how did you “HEAR” about Jesus; if not from “The Bible”??

Ed J

Oxy
    Participant

As I said in my testimony, God told me “The name of Jesus is used to cast out demons.”

Obviously I had heard of Jesus as I think most people have, but it was God that told me about Him and later showed me who He was and is through the Scriptures.

But I heard about Jesus from God.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Oxy @ June 20 2010,13:26)
    Have to disagree with you Ed.  The Scriptures say that the Word was made flesh, and His name was called Jesus.  Pretty basic foundational stuff really.

Hi Oxy,

Could you please show us all where “The Word” is named?

Also how do you explain Acts 12:24 and Mark 13:11… (Isaiah 1:18)
    Acts 12:24 …”The Word” ([ο λογος] Hō Lōgôs) of God grew and multiplied.

Is NOT “The word” made flesh here? (John 1:1 / Gal.4:6)
    Mark 13:11 But when they shall lead you, and deliver you up,
    take no thought beforehand what ye shall speak, neither do ye premeditate: but
    whatsoever shall be given you in that hour, that speak ye: for it is not ye that speak, but the HolySpirit.

Also explain John 14:24 for us all here as well!
    John 14:24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings:
    and “The word”  which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.
    ([ο λογος] Hō Lōgôs)

Ed J

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Oxy @ June 20 2010,13:38)
    As I said in my testimony, God told me “The name of Jesus is used to cast out demons.”

Obviously I had heard of Jesus as I think most people have, but it was God that told me about Him and later showed me who He was and is through the Scriptures.

Hi Oxy,

You did not know Jesus was written about in “The Bible, prior to your conversion into the “Faith”?

Ed J

Oxy
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ June 20 2010,15:54)

Hi Oxy,

You did not know Jesus was written about in “The Bible, prior to your conversion into the “Faith”?

Ed J

Yes I did know Jesus was written about in the Bible, but it had no meaning or significance to me until God told me.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Oxy @ June 20 2010,14:02)

Hi Oxy,

Ed J

Yes I did know Jesus was written about in the Bible, but it had no meaning or significance to me until God told me.

Hi Oxy,

Then why would you say (in another thread) this verse (below) doesn't refer to The Bible”?
    Rom.10:17: So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Ed J

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Oxy………Your post about your being healed and given back you life from those terrible circumstances is a testament to the Power of GOD, many think GOD does not heal instantly anymore, and think they by their own so -called FREE WILL can defeat these conditions in their lives , but I know GOD can and does often Heal us instantly. I may not agree with you on some things you post about, but it is apparent to me that GOD certainly interceded in your Life Brother. My the LORD bless and keep you, make His face to shine on you, and be gracious unto you , lift up His countances on you and give you peace, Brother.

peace and love to you and yours……………………………gene

Oxy
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ June 20 2010,16:14)

Quote (Oxy @ June 20 2010,14:02)

Hi Oxy,

Ed J

Hi Oxy,

Then why would you say (in another thread) this verse (below) doesn't refer to The Bible”?
    Rom.10:17: So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Ed J

This is what the Bible says about the Word of God:

Heb 4:12 For the Word of God is living and powerful and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing apart of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Note the words living, powerful, discerner. This is not talking about the Bible, this clearly shows that the Word is living, which the Bible is not. The Bible is a book and is not alive, is not powerful and cannot discern. The only life the Bible has is the revelation the Spirit brings through the Scriptures, but the Bible has not life in itself.

When I read the Bible I do not “hear” it, I read it. There is no Scriptural basis for calling the Bible the Word of God. This title was given to the true Word of God who was born of Mary and called Jesus.

Viewing 20 posts - 3,601 through 3,620 (of 25,907 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account