JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 2,881 through 2,900 (of 25,908 total)
  • Author
    Jodi Lee
    Participant

Quote (thethinker @ Aug. 01 2009,05:56)
    Jodi Lee said:

By serving Jesus, whom God appointed, and looking to him as a master, I am following the one true Master, God the Father.

Jodi lee,
    Exactly! Jesus called this honoring Him EVEN AS the Father is honored. So I rephrase my question. Jesus said that one cannot love and serve two masters [equally]. So who do you love and serve more. God or Jesus?

thinker

I love my Creator YHWH ABOVE ALL else, and I love Jesus because God our Father was in him, making him a righteous human being.

I love YHWH for he is my heavenly Father and I love Yeshua for he is my heavenly brother. I am subject to my brother because our Father gave him authority over HIS eternal Kingdom. My Father is still working this very second with my brother teaching him and preparing him for his coming so that he will be a wise and gracious leader. When he comes I will respect and follow him as I would if he were my Father, because I know my Father is in him guiding him.

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Jodi Lee @ Aug. 01 2009,06:52)

Quote (thethinker @ Aug. 01 2009,05:56)
    Jodi Lee said:

By serving Jesus, whom God appointed, and looking to him as a master, I am following the one true Master, God the Father.

Jodi lee,
    Exactly! Jesus called this honoring Him EVEN AS the Father is honored. So I rephrase my question. Jesus said that one cannot love and serve two masters [equally]. So who do you love and serve more. God or Jesus?

thinker

I love my Creator YHWH ABOVE ALL else, and I love Jesus because God our Father was in him, making him a righteous human being.

I love YHWH for he is my heavenly Father and I love Yeshua for he is my heavenly brother. I am subject to my brother because our Father gave him authority over HIS eternal Kingdom. My Father is still working this very second with my brother teaching him and preparing him for his coming so that he will be a wise and gracious leader. When he comes I will respect and follow him as I would if he were my Father, because I know my Father is in him guiding him.

Jeshua is your Lord and King. Right?

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

for kat

gollamudi
    Participant

Hi Sis Jodi,
    Those are wonderful posts on Jesus being our master and Lord appointed by our God the Father.

May God continue to use you for His kingdom.
    Love and peace
    Adam

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Jodi………..I agree with ADAM. Keep up the good work sis, Excellent posts. I am glad some of us can see eye to eye Here.

peace and love to you and yours………………………….gene

Jodi Lee
    Participant

Thanks Gene and Adam,

Your encouragements mean a lot, and it does certainly feel good that some of us do see eye to eye!

Love to you both, your sis Jodi

glad tidings
    Participant

Hi Jodi,

I've enjoyed your threads as well.

I think there's so many obvious scriptures that give solid evidence of the fact that Jesus is The Son of God, as opposed to “God, the Son”. Isn't it interesting that this debate is still raging today as it was in the first century? Ofcourse during that time, the burden of proof on the shoulders of the Apostles was not to prove that YHWH had come in the flesh – Jews were not expecting this; they knew their Messiah would be a human descendant of David – but that this “Jesus of Nazareth is The Messiah.

Today, the struggle seems to be in understanding the meaning of “Messiah”, as the anointed human king sent by God to sit upon the throne of His Kingdom.

Perhaps you would be interested in perusing a website that has some interesting teachings and live debates. May I steer you over to the debate given by Sean Finnegan? I think you will find it most interesting. http://christianmonotheism.com/php/media_center/media_displayer.php

glad tidings
    Participant

Jodi,

One other thing: I read in another forum that you were interested in studying the topic of end time events. I think another interesting site to visit is this one: Note: I would recommend John Cortright's teaching called: “The Structure of the Millenial Kingdom” http://www.kingdomready.org/topics/kg.php

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

GT……….I went to the Christianmonothesim.com site and have found it very interesting , good site for research on teachings. IMO

peace and love to you and yours………………..gene

Jodi Lee
    Participant

Quote (glad tidings @ Sep. 05 2009,16:10)
    Hi Jodi,

I've enjoyed your threads as well.  

I think there's so many obvious scriptures that give solid evidence of the fact that Jesus is The Son of God, as  opposed to “God, the Son”.  Isn't it interesting that this debate is still raging today as it was in the first century?  Ofcourse during that time, the burden of proof on the shoulders of the Apostles was not to prove that YHWH had come in the flesh – Jews were not expecting this; they knew their Messiah would be a human descendant of David – but that this “Jesus of Nazareth is The Messiah.  

Today, the struggle seems to be in understanding the meaning of “Messiah”, as the anointed human king sent by God to sit upon the throne of His Kingdom.  

Perhaps you would be interested in perusing a website that has some interesting teachings and live debates.  May I steer you over to the debate given by Sean Finnegan?  I think you will find it most interesting. http://christianmonotheism.com/php/media_center/media_displayer.php

Thanks Glad Tidings! I'm excited to check out those sites.

Blessings to you, Jodi

KangarooJack
    Participant

glad tidings said:

I think there's so many obvious scriptures that give solid evidence of the fact that Jesus is The Son of God, as  opposed to “God, the Son”.

The expressions “the Son of God” and “God the Son” are equal terms.  Would anyone dispute that “the Son of Man” is also “Man the Son.”

Anti-trinitarians must create ARTIFICIAL distinctions in terms.

thinker

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Thinker…..There is (NO) GOD the SON, there is GOD (IN) the SON, Something you deluded trinitarians can't seem to get in to you heads. GOD is SPIRIT and was (INDWELLING) Jesus, or don't you believe what Jesus SAID the (FATHER WAS IN HIM)> Clear as a bell for anyone who has the SPIRIT of Truth in them. IMO

peace3 and love……………………gene

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Gene @ Sep. 15 2009,04:47)
    Thinker…..There is (NO) GOD the SON, there is GOD (IN) the SON, Something you deluded trinitarians can't seem to get in to you heads. GOD is SPIRIT and was (INDWELLING) Jesus, or don't you believe what Jesus SAID the (FATHER WAS IN HIM)> Clear as a bell for anyone who has the SPIRIT of Truth in them. IMO

peace3 and love……………………gene

Gene,
    I have never denied that God was in Jesus in the days of His flesh. But Jesus has been glorified and was made spirit again like He was before.

God is not in Jesus now. Show where the Bible says that God is in Jesus now.

The terms “the Son of God” and “God the Son” mean the same thing. Show how they are different? Son of Man and Man the Son mean the same thing. They are not different.

thinker

This thread is on John 1:1. You will find an excellent article dealing with the proper translation of this passage at:

http://www.orthodox-church.info/eob/download.asp

Download the entire NT and appendices. Scroll down to page 626 APPENDIX C:
    JOHN 1:1,18 – JESUS AS ‘GOD’

You will find the JW problem and that of others with the lack of the definite article in “the Word was God” has to do with a lack of understanding of the original languages. To a first century speaker this would have been understood as “the Word was Divinity” or more specifically “the Word was what God was”. But it doesn't come across as easily into our language. Thus the confusion. But this is why the Church fathers who were native Greek speakers were not confused one iota.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CA,
    These are the church fathers who altered the words of Jesus and his apostles?

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (CatholicApologist @ Sep. 15 2009,06:08)
    This thread is on John 1:1.  You will find an excellent article dealing with the proper translation of this passage at:

Download the entire NT and appendices.  Scroll down to page 626 APPENDIX C:  

You will find the JW problem and that of others with the lack of the definite article in “the Word was God” has to do with a lack of understanding of the original languages.  To a first century speaker this would have been understood as “the Word was Divinity”  or more specifically “the Word was what God was”.  But it doesn't come across as easily into our language.  Thus the confusion.  But this is why the Church fathers who were native Greek speakers were not confused one iota.

CA,
    I checked it out and it's real good. The owner of this site (t8) believes that “God” in John 1:1c should be understood qualitatively. He thinks that this disproves trinitarianism when actually it establishes the trinitarian doctrine.

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    What trinity?
    If Jesus is your god you have at least two gods.
    But Jesus explained this when he says men are gods and told us of his God.
    Come out of this self imposed confusion and worship the God of the Jews and of the Lord of all, Jesus Christ.

Quote (thethinker @ Sep. 15 2009,07:30)

This thread is on John 1:1.  You will find an excellent article dealing with the proper translation of this passage at:

You will find the JW problem and that of others with the lack of the definite article in “the Word was God” has to do with a lack of understanding of the original languages.  To a first century speaker this would have been understood as “the Word was Divinity”  or more specifically “the Word was what God was”.  But it doesn't come across as easily into our language.  Thus the confusion.  But this is why the Church fathers who were native Greek speakers were not confused one iota.

CA,
    I checked it out and it's real good. The owner of this site (t8) believes that “God” in John 1:1c should be understood qualitatively. He thinks that this disproves trinitarianism when actually it establishes the trinitarian doctrine.

thinker

I'm glad you enjoyed it. The Orthodox are very clear and systematic.

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (CatholicApologist @ Sep. 18 2009,10:46)

Quote (thethinker @ Sep. 15 2009,07:30)

CA,

thinker

I'm glad you enjoyed it.  The Orthodox are very clear and systematic.

CA,
    I was not aware that the Catholics were such excellent trinitarian apologists. I am happy to learn that such good apologists are out there.

thinker

Quote (thethinker @ Sep. 18 2009,11:39)
    CA,
    I was not aware that the Catholics were such excellent trinitarian apologists. I am happy to learn that such good apologists are out there.

thinker

To God be the glory. I guess we've been defending it for a couple millennia now. If we can't do it by now, there's something wrong.

I'm impressed that you continue to defend that doctrine as well…and are so effective yourself.

God love you,

CA

Viewing 20 posts - 2,881 through 2,900 (of 25,908 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account