JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 24,541 through 24,560 (of 25,892 total)
  • Author
    Danny Dabbs
    Participant

@desiretruth

You: By the way, what am I suppose to repent of?

Me: For rejecting Jehovah God’s Son, Jesus Christ!

Nick
    Participant

Hi Desiretruth,

It seems that you have identified yourself as an unbeliever.
    No problem.  The world is full of them and unless God steps in that is what you will remain.
    God has sent His Son and is unlikely to do anything else if you choose not to respond to His gift.

Nick
    Participant

Hi Desiretruth,

Following the death of His son at the hands of unbelievers he was raised back to life. Then the Spirit he had been given was shared with all who obey His son, so that he still lives in a remnant people and so the efforts to silence him can only lead to frustration of their hopes. He is Lord of all and it is safest to be on his side.

Nick
    Participant

Hi Desiretruth,

God deliberately offers simplicity defying the logical mindset of humans.

He requires blind faith in Him and His servants.

Jesus came to save sinners.

Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. Rejoice and be glad for your reward in heaven is great for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Nick
    Participant

Hi Desiretruth,

For the wisdom of God is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it must s the power of God.

For it is written

I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and the cleverness of the clever I will set aside.

Where is the wise man? Where is the scribe? Where is the debater of this age?

Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world?

For since in the wisdom of God the world through it’s wisdom did not come to know God, God was well pleased through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe. For indeed Jews ask for signs and Greeks search for wisdom; but we preach Christ crucified, to Jews a stumbling block and to gentiles foolishness, but to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ, the power of God and the wisdom of God. Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men. 1 Cor 1.18 f

so have you been called yet?

Nick
    Participant

Hi Desiretruth,

So you can see that God does not care about the roadblocks placed to stop folks accepting the message? That is His design. He knows only the desperate and hopeless will be willing to commit  intellectual suicide and walk by faith, not by sight.

have you been called yet?

Nick
    Participant

Hi Desiretruth,

So you can see that God does not care about the roadblocks placed to stop folks accepting the message? That is His design. He knows only the desperate and hopeless will be willing to commit  intellectual suicide and walk by faith, not by sight.

have you been called yet?

Nick
    Participant

“You are his disciple but we are disciples of Moses. We know that God has spoken to Moses, but as for this man , we do not know where he is from”

The man answered and said to them,

” Well, here is an amazing thing, that you do not know where he is from, and yet he has just opened my eyes. We know that God does not hear sinners, but if anyone is God fearing and does His will, He hears him. Since the beginning of time it has never been heard that anyone opened the eyes of a man born blind. If this man were not from God He could do nothing” Jn 9.29

the prophet from Galilee?

Nothing new under the Sun.

Nick
    Participant

Hi,

Do not think that I will accuse you before the Father; the one who accuses you is Moses, in whom you have set your hope.  For if you believed Moses you would believe me, for he wrote about me. But f you do not believe his writings, how will you believe my words?

jn 5.45f

Danny Dabbs
    Participant

@proclaimer @admin

Hi Proclaimer/Admin,

Why don’t you ban this deceiver called “desiretruth”?
    He himself said: “Separate the OT from the NT and quit trying to merge what cannot be merged.” (post-944265)
    That’s his agenda. Is that okay with you?

DesireTruth
    Participant

@ Danny,

“Heaven Net is dedicated to freedom of speech in our forums. While posts are moderated, we do not clamp down on opposing views like many platforms do today. Instead, we moderate the likes of spam, forum flooding, hate speech, and dodgy content. Opposing views will be challenged for sure, but not silenced.”

Any questions?

Nick
    Participant

Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.

Blessed are the gentle, for they shall inherit the earth.

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied.

Blessed are the merciful, for they shall receive mercy.

Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God.

Blessed are those who are persecuted for the sake of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Matt 5.2 f

Nick
    Participant

Therefore, having such a hope, we use great boldness in our speech, and are not like Moses, who used to put a veil over his face, so that the sons of Israel would not look intently at the end of what was fading away. But their minds were hardened; for until this present day at the reading of the old covenant the same veil remains unlisted, because it is removed in Christ. But to this day whenever Moses is read a veil lies over their heart; but whenever a person turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is there is liberty. But we all, with unveiled face , beholding as a mirror the Glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as from the Lord, the Spirit,

2 Cor3.12 F

Nick
    Participant

For I do not want you, brethren, to be uninformed of this mystery- so that you will not be wis in your own estimation- that a partial hardening has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in; and so all Israel will be saved….

Rom 11.25 f

Nick
    Participant

The brethren immediately sent Paul and Silas away by night to Berea, and when they arrived they went to the synagogue of the Jews. Now these were more noble minded than those in Thessalonians, for they received the Word with great eagerness, examining the Scriptures daily to see whether these things were so. Therefore many of them believed along with a number of prominent Greek women and men. acts 17 .10f

Proclaimer
    Participant

@desiretruth

YOU: “If I had an enemy and I had a plan to defeat him within the laws that I myself set, then I wouldn’t be stupid enough to divulge that plan verbatim like you are expecting.”

ME: Are you saying “Satan” was to stupid to understand what was written in the OT?!?! Now there’s a good laugh! What exactly was “hidden” in the OT that man was not capable of understanding at the time it was written?

I am saying that it would be stupid to divulge the full plan as you expect the Old Testament to do. That would include the possibility of hiding things in the Old Testament from the wicked, but especially not mentioning other things at all.

The Old Testament is not the full plan of God and it perplexes me why you think this should be the case. God’s plan unfolds. There is a season for everything.

Even the New Testament doesn’t divulge everything. One step at a time and there is plenty of time left.

Basic stuff desiretruth. If you do not understand this, then I think something is blocking your mind from seeing that because it is almost a given that such would be the case.

YOU: “If scripture says it, and you fit the bill, then that is not me imposing my own standards on you is it?”

ME: However, it was YOU who implied I was “wicked” by using scripture. Own it!

If I imply something, it doesn’t suddenly change meaning. It is said as a universal truth that applies to all. God hides his plan from the wicked. And that is not only sensible, but necessary I would have thought. Myself mentioning this doesn’t change this fact. And it is a given that this applies to all who are wicked and against God. It is up to each men to judge whether he falls under this or not. I do not judge you. But I recommend that we all judge ourselves with the truth.

YOU: “They were blind and did the will of God without realizing it.”

ME: You still have produced no scripture stating the Messiah was to die for the sins of mankind from the OT. Paul used simple, plain language in his statement and there is NOTHING in the OT that states the messiah was to die for the sins of mankind. Who is the messiah the Jews are waiting for? The OT does talk about a messiah…is the Jewish messiah the same as the Christian messiah?

I did show you scripture, but you have conveniently disregarded it by trying hard to show that it doesn’t apply. But we also have the law itself and the sacrificial lamb. Many things in the Old Testament are a shadow of things to come or represent the truth or a greater reality. The Ark of the Covenant is a representation. The Sabbath represents YHWH’s rest. The sacrificial lamb represents the covering of sins by the blood of the innocent.

The carnal do not really understand this. But God demonstrates his plan through such things. He prepares us for what is to come using such things. It is for those who have the Spirit to correctly understand the point of such things. The difference between the letter of the law vs the spirit of the law.

For example, the law says you shall not murder. But the Spirit teaches us through this, that we should not hate our brother. Just because you have not murdered anyone doesn’t mean you are not guilty of hating your brother.

A strict interpretation of the Old Testament sees you miss out on the intended spirit.

The messiah had this to say on the subject:

“Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices—mint, dill and cumin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law—justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former.

Proclaimer
    Participant

YOU: “Should God spell it all out so he can ruin God’s plan?”

ME: Please enlighten me, who is able to “ruin God’s plan”; are you saying God has no idea how it’s going to end? To say “Satan” could “ruin” God’s plan; is to say God isn’t all knowing and small.

God gave us free will. If you divulge your plan, then some could counter the plan because of free will. Joseph was going to rule over his brothers so his brothers sold him into slavery which eventually led him to ruling over his brothers. So yes, God can make his plan come to fruition even if he divulges the plan in part. But I suspect that the sacrificial lamb had to be sacrificed. If that was going to be the undoing of the wicked, then I am guessing that they would not sacrifice the lamb of God and then there would be no sacrifice for our sins. That said, I agree and think God could make it happen in a different way. Regardless,  God doesn’t reveal everything to us in the Old Testament. So deal with that.

YOU: “people who love truth will know the truth.”

ME: When everyone believes what they believe is truth, you end up with 30,000 different religions; then is it “truth” or is it “beliefs”?

Logic tells us that there is 30,000 different lies you can tell, but only one truth. 1+1=2. It doesn’t equal any other number between 1 and 30,000 and beyond. So this is not an argument. The argument is whether Jesus Christ is the truth or not.

YOU: “God sent the messiah to save you by becoming the lamb of God and being sacrificed once and for all.”

ME: Explain:

The blood sacrifice of an unblemished lamb covers sins momentarily. But the unblemished Son of God can cover all sins for all eternity. It is simply the one solution to cover our own sin without the eternal repetition of the sacrificing an actual lamb.

Leviticus 4:20
    And he shall do with the bull as he did with the bull as a sin offering; thus he shall do with it. So the priest shall make atonement for them, and it shall be forgiven them. 

Hebrews 10:4
    For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and goats could take away sins.

Nowhere in the Old Testament is it asserted that sins were “eliminated” (that is, entirely eradicated) through animal sacrifices. The original Hebrew term for “atonement” in the Old Testament, kaphar, conveys the concept of “covering”, rather than complete elimination.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Ps 51:16 “For You do not delight in sacrifice, or I would bring it; You take no pleasure in burnt offerings.” So what does God want; “17. The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and a contrite heart”

Hosea 6:6 “For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and the knowledge of God, rather than burnt offerings.” Here God desires “mercy and knowledge” and not “sacrifices and burnt offerings.”

It seems the OT and NT are in conflict; how can this be justified away to make them agree? Is it time to reevaluate what Christianity is saying?

It’s not hard to understand. God doesn’t like sacrifice but it is necessary. I do not like discipline but that too is necessary. I do not like to discipline my own sons, but sometimes it has to be done. This is not necessary in a perfect world, but our world is not perfect. In short, doing things we do not enjoy can have a greater long term benefit. Think of exercise for example.

YOU: “I’m not a fan of mainstream religion.”

ME: Jesus taught those who disbelieve will be condemned; interpretation: believe in “me” to live for eternity; if not, be tormented for eternity, is this love or fear?

Forever does not mean what you think it means. It is an aeon or an age. It is clear in scripture that the wicked will perish. They will be destroyed. Hell is thrown into the Lake of Fire to be consumed at the end of the next age.

Nick
    Participant

Hi Proclaimer,

yes

Yes we do speak wisdom among those who are mature, however not of this age nor the rulers that of this age, who are passing away; but we speak God’s wisdom in a mystery, the hidden wisdom which God predestined before the ages to our glory; the wisdom which none of the rulers of this age has understood; for if they had understood it they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

1 Cor 2.6f

Danny Dabbs
    Participant

@desiretruth

There are two kind of deceivers:
    One denies Jehovah God.
    The other denies His Son Jesus Christ.
    I think you know that, don’t you?

Viewing 20 posts - 24,541 through 24,560 (of 25,892 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account