JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 2,421 through 2,440 (of 25,871 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    Love is intellect?

Is there any end to your strange gnostic speculations?

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    The spirit that is leading you seems rather to be taking you further from truth.
    If you were following truth you would echo the scriptures and not need these wierd additions.

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Gene @ April 04 2009,15:46)
    Nick……if you think Jesus preexisted as a Super being or demigod or angle of some kind then He is not just a man, You talk out of both sides of your mouth , On the one hand you say He preexisted and created everything, and on the Other hand you perceive him as a true man, exactly like were are. Your vacillation is exactly like Trinitarians, Jesus can not be a 100% human man like we are and at the same time the creator of everything. It would be a lie to say He was exactly like us in (EVERY WAY) if He preexisted. IMO

love and peace…………………………………gene

Gene,
    The Bible does not assert that Jesus is like us in “every way.”

thinker

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Thinker……..Then we can't overcome (EVEN) as He did, right. Because He really wasn't like Us right?

love and peace to you and yours………………………………gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……….How do you know what Spirit is leading me seeing you don't believe Spirit is our Words that come from our intellect which is our Knowledge.  In fact it is your (Weird) and false  assertions that seems to be leading you, along with you lack of Knowledge and understanding,. Or have you not read;

Hos 4:6 …> MY People are destoryed for lack of Knowledge; because thou rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that thou shalt be (NO) priest to me seeing thou hast forgotten the Law of they GOD, I will also forget thy children.

Pro 1:7….> the fear of the lord is the (beiginning) of Knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

Pro 1:22 …> How long, ye simple ones, will ye love simplicity? and the scorners delight in their scorning, and fools Hate (KNOWLEDGE). Think about this Nick  it seems your becoming more and more like this,  brother, or have you forgot we are to Grow in Grace and KNOWLEDGE.  If you require scripture for that also i can give it to you also. IMO Nick as i said before you lack understanding and Knowledge is your problem or what i have written about the SPIRIT you could easily understand as well as other things others have committed on too. Being indoctrinated in false teachings  does not advance understanding or knowledge.

love and peace to you and yours………………………………..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    Turn back to scriptural truth.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…………Good advice you need to take it. And you might be able to grow in understanding and GRACE and Knowledge.

peace and love to you and yours……………………………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    Your constant need to insert your own words among the sacred ones should tell you that you are in error.

kerwin
    Participant

Some helpful scriptures

Hebrews 2:16-18(NIV) reads:

For surely it is not angels he helps, but Abraham's descendants. For this reason he had to be made like his brothers in every way, in order that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest in service to God, and that he might make atonement for the sins of the people. Because he himself suffered when he was tempted, he is able to help those who are being tempted.

Hebrew 4:15(NIV) reads:

For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet was without sin.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……….Scripture was originally written in the Hebrew language and translated in Greek, then Latin , and finally into English, there are many transliteration errors, That is why it takes the SUM OF GODS WORDS and His of truth to know the truth. You seem to think just because you can parrot the scripture that means you understand them, When in fact it does not, its the one who can explain then that gives understanding , not the parrot. IMO

peace and love to you and yours………………………………………..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    Your added words are not found in that sum.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……….Show us my added words then, instead of just mouthing off about them. In fact i have read many of your post where you take liberty to add your false assumptions into them yours self. YOU insert Jesus preexisted , but can produce (NO) scripture that specifically says Jesus Preexisted before His berth as a being of some kind. So before you start point the finger at others you need to take a good look at yourself brother. IMO

peace and love to you and yours……………………………………gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

thinker………lets not change John 1:1, but read it just as it is written and use the meaning of the words that are written, without changing them . Now i ask you do you see the name Jesus written there (NO) do you think, John Know how to write Jesus' name (YES) so why didn't He do that thinker, please explain it to us, was it some kind of mystery John was relating to us as trinitarians and Preexistences make it out to be, or should we just simply say John did not mean Jesus or He would have written Jesus name there, brother.

love and peace to you and yours…………………………………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    Intellect.
    It is nowhere in scripture.
    So try taking it out of what you say.

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    Jesus is the name of a flesh and blood man.
    He came in the flesh but was not called Jesus till born.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……….another non scriptural speculation based on and assumption, of trinitarians and preexistences, could is also be Jesus was not called Jesus because He simply did not exist before His berth. Was His name (word) then or What? Produce your scriptures that tell what his name was then, and was he a angle, a demigod, or a super being of some kind, that the LORD GOD forgot to remember when He said He created the Heavens and spread out the earth (BY HIMSELF, ALONE). Trinitarians and Preexistences are people with one foot in two boats as Adam Said. IMO

love and peace to you and yours……………………………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    No it is true he was not called Jesus till he was born.

Matthew 1:25
    And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name JESUS.

Luke 2:21
    And when eight days were accomplished for the circumcising of the child, his name was called JESUS, which was so named of the angel before he was conceived in the womb.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick………are you reading what i wrote right , my point was that, He did not preexist His berth as a (BEING), and if so what was HIS name (THEN), Are you trying to say His name was Jesus before He was ever conceived here on earth in the beginning with GOD then or What? Because the angel said to call His name Jesus, does not signify He preexisted his berth, that is sure speculation again on your part. IMO

love and peace to you and yours…………………………………………………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    The word was made flesh and dwelt among us.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……..Intellect…> perception, discernment,; faculty of understanding; to understand or comprehend ; to perceive.

Spirit……> disembodied (intelligence), the non mortal non material part or element of man in man, which wills. thinks, and feels; thought of as a gift of god; INTELLIGENCE, soul, qualities of the mind.

Words……>the transmitting of thoughts by sound , utterance of thoughts…….>(same as Thoughts uttered, that can express INTELLIGENCE )<…… this added by me.

Nick hope this answers you question about Spirit, if what Jesus said doesn't.

Peace and love to you and yours……………………………………..gene

Viewing 20 posts - 2,421 through 2,440 (of 25,871 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account