JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 2,341 through 2,360 (of 25,873 total)
  • Author
    GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……… The word who can to be in flesh was the Father in Jesus as Jesus plainly said, via HIS word or SPIRIT (INTELLECT). Again for the hundredth time (NO) word (CAN BE FLESH) it doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand that, A word is SPIRIT and FLESH is (NOT) SPIRIT is it ? , Jesus said the flesh profits nothing, but the words He spoke were (SPIRIT) and LIFE. Do you see anywhere there that He said, the words were his flesh?, NO, so how is it you perceive the word as flesh and blood then? Is your pride so puffed up you can't acknowledge this. Nick if you were guided by Spirit of truth, you would have no problem understanding this brother. IMO

love and peace to you and yours………………………………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

G ,
    Jesus said in Jn 6 that the words that he spoke are Spirit and life.
    You should not assume from this that all words from all are spirit and life.
    He himself also is said to be the word who became flesh and dwelt among us.
    You should not mix the different matters and define your own so called truths.

kerwin
    Participant

Jesus said in Jn 6 that the words that he spoke are Spirit and life.
    You should not assume from this that all words from all are spirit and life.
    Nick Hassan quote:

He himself also is said to be the word who became flesh and dwelt among us.
    You should not mix the different matters and define your own so called truths.

If you obey Jesus words then you will receive the Spirit and if you continue to obey His words and live by that Spirit you will inherit eternal life.  Jesus does speak God’s divine words of wisdom which in a way makes him God’s divine word of wisdom; but what cements that title even more is he is the promised one of God by whom God is saving those that are being saved.

Still I do not know if that is Gene’s point.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    Indeed obeying the command to repent and be reborn of water and praying for the gift of the Spirit will bring results.[jn3, lk11]

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Kerwin………..Spirit is simply intellect, and words express that intellect. if they are GOD'S (WORDS) they express GODLY INTELLECT. if they are mans words they express Mans INTELLECT. When we are told to Try the Spirits (intellects) to see if they are of GOD . We are judging a mans word to see if they are GODLY Words expressing Godly intellect or SPIRIT. It's just that simple . Nothing complicates about it GOD'S Spirit is GOD'S intellect or HOLY SPIRIT expressed in WORDS . Jesus said the (WORDS) ARE SPIRIT. Not some kind of beings as Nick thinks they are. When an unclean Spirit or Intellect leaves a person then that thought is not longer present in the person, and He is clean. Remember when Jesus told his disciples “you are clean because of the (Words) i have told you”, also where it say we are being washed by the words of GOD. Words and Spirit are synonymous the are the same, And are powers the drive the minds thoughts and therefore drive the Person, which produce the fruits of the person. Remember the true control center of a person is His mind guided by His thoughts. “So a man thinks so He is”. IMO

peace and love to you and yours…………………………………….gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……..All word are the Spirit and Life of the Person, rather Godly words, and Godly life or carnal words and carnal life, they still are the life of that person. IMO

love and peace to you and yours…………………………………gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……..Wrong again Heb 1 does not mean angles are Spirits they are ministering Spirit or intellects Of God to man, they themselves are messengers of the Spirit (Intellect of God). They are not the Words they bring Just like Jesus is not himself a word flesh being. A word can not be flesh. it is SPIRIT and Jesus was a FLESH and BLOOD PERSON. Not a SPIRIT.

peace and love to you and yours……………………………………..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    Intellects?
    Is this written….anywhere?

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    Really?
    Any proof?
    Or just another of your ideas?

david
    Participant

Spirit is simply intellect

Why is it that despite reason, logic, the Bible, and dictionaries, do you keep asserting this.

True, sometimes the spirit is portrayed as intellect. But other times it is portrayed in a way that doesn't fit that. Clearly, the spirit is bigger than intellect. It is a word that can be used in a variety of ways.

kerwin
    Participant

Gene wrote:

Spirit is simply intellect, and  words express that intellect. if they are GOD'S (WORDS) they express GODLY INTELLECT.

What the word “spirit” represents depends on the context of where it is used and so making a general statement that is also true is something that I do not know how to do.  I will point out that when speaking of the Holy Spirit that those that believe are reborn to it is speaking more of emotion than intellect since the Holy Spirit is God’s love that comes and inhabits the believer and that is an emotion but of course the Spirit also comes with God’s power to change (instruct) you in righteousness which is the result of living by it.   I suppose you can look at that power to instruct you as intellect but it seems to me to be a poor fit as the Spirit itself does not have an independent intelligence but is rather a proxy for God. It is my understanding that you actually agree that the Spirit does not have an independent intelligence which makes what you are saying confusing.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

David…….Spirit is Power of the intellect. Jesus described it as such. He said the Spirit is like the wind (a power) you cant see it (thoughts are the same) But you can see the effects of it, (fruits produced in ones life). So is everyone born of the Spirit of GOD.

peace and love to you and yours………………………………..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    Spirit is power of the intellect?
    Science fiction?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Kerwin……..Emotion is the product of (TRUE) Knowledge or Intellect. “For you are sorrowed unto righteousness”. and again “Godly sorrow works repents not to be repented of”. These emotions are derived from (TRUE INTELLECTUAL AWARENESSES) give us BY GOD the FATHER. GOD open up our intellectual eyes to things that cause us to repent with emotion. (The love of GOD shed around in our Hearts), brother gives us true sorrow and true repentance. IMO

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    Your idol has a name.
    Intellect.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 01 2009,17:38)
    G,
    Spirit is power of the intellect?
    Science fiction?

Nick………..Jesus said the Spirit is LIKE the WIND, the wind is a force or power it causes leaves on tree to move and give off a effect so is Spirit intellect. It can't be seen but produces an effect in a persons life. If you have a better explanation please post it instead of just flapping you jaw brother.

love and peace to you and yours………………………………gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……….Now it and Idol? How is that Nick, is that the best you can do is just throw out stupid remarks because of your ignorance and lack of scriptural understanding brother.

love and peace to you and yours………………………..gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick………go figure out what a Word imparts and then Believer Jesus when He said the (WORDs) he spoke were (SPIRIT) this should even be simple enough for the likes of your to figure out. I hope. Brother

love and peace to you …………………………………….gene

kerwin
    Participant

Gene wrote:

Emotion is the product of (TRUE) Knowledge or Intellect.

I agree that emotion is a product of knowledge and a person loving themselves and others as God does is a product of the true knowledge of God that Jesus teaches.   But those premises do not lead to the conclusion that the Spirit is intellect unless you are speaking figuratively.   Now I suppose in a way you can say that the spirit is knowledge of God for it teaches you how to love as He does.  If that is the point you are attempting to make then I agree with you and I believe Nick would also agree with us both for it is written.

John 14:26(NIV) reads:

But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 31 2009,12:30)
    G,
    Angels are spirits[Heb1]

Does Gene even believe that angels exist?

Viewing 20 posts - 2,341 through 2,360 (of 25,873 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account