JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 23,441 through 23,460 (of 25,922 total)
  • Author
    Proclaimer
    Participant

But you are not the image of the invisible God, nor the firstborn over all creation.

gadam123
    Participant

But you are not the image of the invisible God, nor the firstborn over all creation

This was purely the invention of the NT writers who made Jesus, the man into a mystified ‘godman’ as often spelled out by Carmel here.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Statements like that mean nothing on their own.

I could say for example that India is bad.

That wouldn’t mean much either without context or some kind of evidence or proof.

You need to do better than that gadam.

A comment like that is not science or research.

Rather, it is a sort of childish statement made to get a the last word in the debate. Often it gives a person a false feeling of victory. But in reality it is hollow and cannot be taken seriously by adults.

gadam123
    Participant

Rather, it is a sort of childish statement made to get a the last word in the debate. Often it gives a person a false feeling of victory. But in reality it is hollow and cannot be taken seriously by adults.

Sorry there is no question of false feeling of victory here in fact I am only questioning the strange claims of the NT writers on Messiah for which there is no proof in the Hebrew Bible .

Proclaimer
    Participant

Look up the word ‘revelation’.

Your theory only works if the Old Testament claims to be the full revelation of God.

Not even the New Testament is.

For all eternity, revelation will increase for those that love God.

If Jesus is the messiah, then of course new revelation will come from him.

You are free to reject him as the messiah.

No one is holding a gun to your head.

Free will.

gadam123
    Participant

For all eternity, revelation will increase for those that love God.

That would be too dangerous a claim stating that revelation is progressive. So you can include Islam, Mormonism (LDS) and their book of the Mormon in this revelation?

Proclaimer
    Participant

The context is eternity.

What do you think sons of God will be doing for eternity.

carmel
    Participant

But you are not the image of the invisible God, nor the firstborn over all creation

YOU: This was purely the invention of the NT writers who made Jesus, the man into a mystified ‘godman’ as often spelled out by Carmel here.

ME: Gadam, YOU SHOULD, IF I WERE YOU, BE MORE PRECISE, FOR THE SIMPLE REASON THAT 

JESUS WAS A JEW, AND THE CHRISTIAN FUNDAMENTAL BELIEF AS REGARDS TO  GENTILES CAME FROM A

PHARISEE!

READ PLEASE:

This is ALSO for you Gene! 

Philippines 3:2 Beware of dogs, beware of evil workers, beware of the concision. 3For we are the circumcision,

who in SPIRIT serve God; and

GLORY in Christ Jesus, (1)

not having confidence in THE FLESH.  (DO YOU Gene?)

4Though I might also have confidence in the flesh. If any other thinketh he may have confidence in the flesh, I more,

5Being circumcised the eighth day,

of the stock of Israel,

of the tribe of Benjamin,

an Hebrew of the Hebrews;

according to the law, a Pharisee:

6According to zeal, persecuting the church of God; according to the justice that is in the law, conversing without blame.7But the things that were gain to me, (THE JEWISH MENTALITY IN GENERAL REGARDING GOD and HIS MESSIAH) the same I have counted loss for

Christ.(2)

8Furthermore I count all things to be but loss for the excellent knowledge of

Jesus Christ my Lord; (3)

for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them but as

DUNG, (BYE, BYE, OLD MORTAL COVENANT) 

that I may gain Christ: (4) (THE NEW ETERNAL COVENANT)

9And may be found IN HIM, not having my justice, which is of the law, but that which is of

the faith of Christ Jesus, ( 5) ( why not the faith in God, OBVIOUS)

which is of God, 

justice in faith: 

10That I may know HIM, (6) and the power of HIS (7) resurrection, and the fellowship of HIS (8) sufferings, being made conformable to HIS (9) death,

11If by any means I may attain to the resurrection which is from the dead.

12Not as though I has already attained, or were already perfect; but I follow after, if I may by any means apprehend,

wherein I am also apprehended by Christ Jesus. (10) (WHY NOT BY GOD keep on reading)

13Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended. But one thing I do: forgetting the things that are behind, and stretching forth myself to those that are before, 

14I press towards the mark, to the prize of

the supernal vocation of

WITH EVERY RESPECT TPYOU: HERE IT COMES TO SWALLOW IT DOWN TO YOUR GUTTS  BOTH OF YOU:

God in Christ Jesus.(11)

JESUS CHRIST IS GOD

OK! MR. Gadam and MR. Gene,  ACCORDING TO THIS PHARISEE!

Peace and love in Jesus Christ

carmel
    Participant

Hi, Proclaimer,

WELL SAID 

Peace and love in Jesus Christ

sonofGod
    Participant

Depending on the context, the Word could refer to God , or Jesus His only begotten son or it can refer to the written word of God.

God, in order to fulfill his desire and plan for creation and purpose for mankind, had to communicate His will via words or the word.

He did so by Himself or via His son or via the written word (as far as a permanent wirtten record of it).

Jesus is the permanent human record of God’s word and will, God’s intentions, plans, laws, etc.

God communicated to Adam via revelation in the form of words, God can likewise communicate in other ways such as visions, etc.

But as far as “the Word” is concerned, there are those three basic options depending on context

Proclaimer
    Participant

Agreed.

Berean
    Participant

Gene

You could never prove by the Bible that Jesus did not pre-exist, and that he was not God in the beginning (same divine nature as the Father)
    You are actually preaching A FALSE CHRIST: the salvation of man through man.

Colossians 2:8 Take heed lest anyone prey on you with philosophy and vain deceit, leaning on the tradition of men, on the rudiments of the world, and not on Christ.

2:9 For in him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily. (man and God) 

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Berean you said……… Gene,  “You could never prove by the Bible that Jesus did not pre-exist, and that he was not God in the beginning (same divine nature as the Father)
    You are actually preaching A FALSE CHRIST: the salvation of man through man”

Scripture shows, (not me)……“by one man,  sin entered, and through ONE,  “MAN”  Jesus Christ, it was ATONIED FOR. 

GO READ WHAT,  Jodi has “JUST” posted to Mike,  she is right on “exactly what i also believe”, and what i have been saying over ten years on this site.   The truth is you and YOUR  “SDA” ARE THE FALSE TEACHERS HERE, NOT ME,  nor  JODI.  

Jodi and I both know beyond a doubt, Jesus,  never prexisted his birth on this earth, except in the plan and will of God the Father,  He came to be, Just the way the Prophets of God said he would be and come from, Just as Jesus also said he was, (not me), I am “the root and offspring of king David”,  smiple as that Berean. 

Berean it simple, you either believe what Jesus SAID ABOUT HIMSELF OR NOT?.  Believe me when i tell  is you, it is you who are following and preaching a false christ, not me, nor Jodi.

Peace and love to you and yours……….gene

Berean
    Participant

Gene

Everyone here has done their part to WARN you (Mike, Proclaimer, LU, Carmel, etc…and me, but you don’t want to KNOW.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Berean…….It’s not about you, it’s about “the TRUTH”,  and believe me you don’t have it, nor does anyone who believes Jesus prexisted his birth on the earth.

You all need to go read what Jodi, has clearly laid out scripture by scripture by scripture , which proves Jesus did not exist before his birth on this earth , as a sentinel being of any kind,  he only existed in prophesy and was what God intended for all mankind, before he ever began his creation on this earth.  

If you don’t want to believe me or her,  then go to  “21th CENTURY REFORMATION”  web site,  for more of the “truth” about When Jesus came into his “only” true existance”.  It’s all there for those who have eyes to see. 

Peace and love to you and your Berean……….gene

Berean
    Participant

Gene

For me , You don’t Say the truth ABOUT THE ONLY BEGOTTEN SON OF GOD .

The truth IS that ” IN THE BIGINNING wAS “THE WORD” ….(John 1:1)

AND “THE WORD (OF GOD)” IS THE NAME OF THE SON OF GOD.(Revelation 19:13)

And he (Jesus)was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

It’s that simple

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Berean……..Jesus is called the word of God , because he “quotes” God the Fathers words to us, not because he “IS” ACTUALLY  God’s word.  If you “truly” believed him you would also believe what he said,   Jesus said (not me), ……“the words I am telling you “ARE NOT” my words, but the words of him that sent me.”   Do you “truly believe him?  , or “can you”, evven  understand that?  

JESUS said (not me) , …..“the son of man can do,  “NOTHING”  of himself”, the Father who is “IN” him, he does the works”.   Again do you “truly” believe Jesus or not?

Satan is very cleaver, and he knows if he can get people to believe that Jesus is not “actually ”  the same as they are, it will cause them to think that they can’t achieve to the exact same thing Jesus did.   He also know if he can get then to think Jesus is a God, it will cause them to commit “idolatery” , and God the Father will regect them. SATAN used people  like you , and Church denomations to work his plan of “seperating” the real Jesus from the rest of humanity, by making him appear different then we are, also work to try to destorys God the Fathers work in humanity.   You   you church and the rest of “fallen christanity” , will be completely rejected by Jesus , at his return, and because he rejects you, “2Ths2” ,  you and they will call him “the Antichrist” and fight against him . You are already predesposed to,  because you believe in a comming of the Anitchrist. 

Fact is Berean , you really do not believe, the Jesus of scripture, you believe in the Jesus you and the rest of the “apostate” churchs,  with the help of Satan,  have created,  Just as Paul wrote in , 2Ths2. 

You still have time to repent, i would advise you to seriousely consider it Berean.

Peace and love to you and your Berean……….gene

Proclaimer
    Participant

Berean……..Jesus is called the word of God , because he “quotes” God the Fathers words to us, not because he “IS” ACTUALLY  God’s word.

He is called the Word of God. So that means he’s the Word of God. He is also called Yeshua, that means he is Yeshua. You are called Gene. Thus you are Gene.

Berean
    Participant

👍

Lightenup
    Participant

Proclaimer says:

He is called the Word of God. So that means he’s the Word of God. He is also called Yeshua, that means he is Yeshua. You are called Gene. Thus you are Gene.

Jeremiah 23:6

5Behold, the days come, saith Jehovah, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and he shall reign as king and deal wisely, and shall execute justice and righteousness in the land.

6In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely; and this is his name whereby he shall be called: Jehovah our righteousness.

So, according to Proclaimer if Jesus is called something, then He is that thing He is called. Since Jesus (the righteous Branch) is called Jehovah our righteousness, then He IS Jehovah our righteousness. 

AND:

Titus 2:11For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation to everyone. 12It instructs us to renounce ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live sensible, upright, and godly lives in the present age, 13as we await the blessed hope and glorious appearance of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ. 14He gave Himself for us to redeem us from all lawlessness and to purify for Himself a people for His own possession, zealous for good deeds.

So, if Jesus is called “our great God and Savior Jesus Christ” then Jesus Christ IS our great God and Savior.

Thanks for helping us see this, Proclaimer.

Viewing 20 posts - 23,441 through 23,460 (of 25,922 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account