JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 2,181 through 2,200 (of 25,871 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    Can you leave INTELLECT out as it is of you and not scripture?
    We are not following you.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick………..What was Jesus saying when He said the (WORDS) i am telling (ARE) SPIRIT. Then ask yourself what is (a word) is it not and expression of Intellect or Knowledge. Now there is your answer, use your GOD given brain and Put it together.

love and peace………………………………gene

KangarooJack
    Participant

Gene said:

These Seven Spirits are what created everything that exists since the beginning of  time.

Gene,
    The “seven” spirits” are the seven angels that were sent to the seven churches in Asia. The word “spirit” should not have been capitalized. It is not seven “Spirits” (big “S”). It is “spirits” (small “s”).

The word “spirits” has to do with teaching. The early church was told not to be tossed to and fro with every “spirit” of teaching. John said that the one who denies that Jesus Christ came in the flesh speaks the “spirit” (or teaching) of the antichrist.

The seven spirits were the seven angels who were sent to the seven churches in Asia to deliver the revelation that Jesus gave to John while he was on Patmos. John could not deliver the Revelation to the churches himself.  God has only one Holy Spirit (big “S”).

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Gene @ Mar. 19 2009,13:12)
    Nick………..What was Jesus saying when He said the (WORDS) i am telling (ARE) SPIRIT. Then ask yourself what is (a word) is it not and expression of Intellect or Knowledge. Now there is your answer, use your GOD given brain and Put it together.

love and peace………………………………gene

G,
    So we are allowed to ADD our deductions to scripture and say they too are as valid as what is written?

By such folly trinity was conceived.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi tt,
    Yes I agree.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

thinker……….. You have no way of knowing rather the word spirit should be capitalized or not , because all original Greek was written in capital letters. You say that the seven spirits are the seven angles of the seven churches , but scripture says that the Lamb of GOD has the SEVEN Spirits (of GOD) that go to and fro through out the earth, and these Spirits are with powers, that what the horn represent. You do agree that the spirits are intellects though, as i understand what you are saying. They are teachings and we all know teachings are from the intellect of a person. A intellect is the understanding a person has about something, his understanding of it, and His WORDS are his expression of what He understands which shows what his intelligence is concerning that subject. Jesus very plainly said the (WORDS) I am Speaking (ARE) Spirit and (ARE) life. SO if the (WORDS) (ARE SPIRIT) the SPIRITS ARE WORDS.

Now ask yourself what is a WORD, is it not An expression of ones intelligence about something. So if 1+1=2 , And are we not told to try the (SPIRITS) to see if they are of GOD. So what are we to try an angle or being of some kind, no we are to try what a person (SAY) his words and that is trying the Spirits, which are His expressed words that come from His understanding or intellect on a matter. So this also Shows the Spirits are intellects, and when we are told to Hear What the Spirit says unto the Churches we are being told to listen to what being said or WORDS Spoken to the Churches and the words are intellects given from GOD to the Churches. They are not the angles or messengers, The messengers are what carry the words of GOD, and deliver them to the Churches. But they are not the words themselves.

Zec 4:10  For who has despised the day of small thungs? for they shall rejoice, and shall see the plummet in the hand of Zerubbabel with those seven; they are the eyes of the LORD which run to and fro through the whole earth.

Rev 1:4 John to the seven churches which are in Asia; Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is and which was and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne.

Rev 3:1 ..> and unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; These things saith he that has the seven Spirits of God, …………..,

Rev 5:6 And I beheld, and , lo,in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns (symbols of power) and seven eyes (symbols of intellects), which (ARE) the seven Spirits of GOD sent forth into all the earth.

While and Angle can minister Spirit they themselves are not Spirit they only minister it.  An angle is a messenger that carries the message or Spirit (intellect) and relays to to some one. Thinker no where does it say that the seven Spirits are the seven angles Sent forth to the seven churches. Angles or messengers are Beings not Spirits (intellects) they may carry the Spirit or intellect to someone , but they themselves are not the message they carry.

There are seven distinct Spirits (intellects) of GOD and these go to and fro through out the whole earth as it say they do. IMO

love and peace to you and yours……………………………..gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……….i think this is something to think about brother,

Pro 26:16….> The sluggard is wiser in his own conceit, then seven men the render a reason.

peace and love to you brother……………………………..gene

theodorej
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Mar. 09 2009,01:56)
    TheodoreJ wrote:

(IMO )To compare the myth of Hercules with that of Jesus the man is a reasonable platform, so as to distinguish spirit from flesh….needless to say Zeus has never manifested himself through creation of any kind short of mans imagination….Where in Jesus' case the Father by virtue of his word brought forth Jesus and through impregnation of his spirit Jesus was able to resist the ways of the world…and serve as a witness for the fathers plan for the salvation of man kind….He was an example for all to see…

It may be the words you choose to use but you certainly seem to be stating that Jesus is a hybrid mix of God and man in much the same way that a mule is a hybrid mix between horse and donkey or Hercules was a hybrid mix between a Greek god and man.  I happen to believe that pagan religions became mixed with the Christian doctrine that came through the Catholic Church.  Christmas for instance is known to be based on the birthday of a pagan sun god.

The key word I speak of is “impregnation” which may not give the idea you intend.

Greetings Kerwin……Jesus was God made man according to the will of the father….”And the word became flesh and dwelt among us” “And the word was with God””And the word was God” Perhaps impregnation was a wrong choice of words….Non the less the mythical tales of hercules were the fabric of a false religion…..The plan of God which included the sacrafice of the Lamb (his son) for the remitence of sin is the source of our salvation…and Jesus is the key…

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Gene @ Mar. 20 2009,05:04)
    Nick……….i think this is something to think about brother,

Pro 26:16….> The sluggard is wiser in his own conceit, then seven men the render a reason.

peace and love to you brother……………………………..gene

G,
    The vanity of human reason is a dead end.

KangarooJack
    Participant

Gene said:

You have no way of knowing rather the word spirit should be capitalized or not , because all original Greek was written in capital letters.

Gene,
    You have it backwards. All the original Greek was written in lower case. I just checked it out to make sure. In Revelation 1:4 “spirits” is written in the lower case. So the capital “S” is translator bias and it makes no sense because there is only one Holy Spirit of God.

…but scripture says that the Lamb of GOD has the SEVEN Spirits (of GOD) that go to and fro through out the earth….

The seven spirits (or messengers) went to and fro in the land (not earth) delivering the Revelation of St. John to the seven churches in Asia. John was banned to the isle of Patmos. He couldn't deliver the Revelation himself. The seven “spirits” were simply the seven messengers (or angels) which gave the Revelation to the seven churches.

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi tt,
    Are you taking away from what is written in Rev1?
    Read Rev22

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (thethinker @ Mar. 20 2009,09:49)
    Gene said:

You have no way of knowing rather the word spirit should be capitalized or not , because all original Greek was written in capital letters.

Gene,
    You have it backwards. All the original Greek was written in lower case. I just checked it out to make sure. In Revelation 1:4 “spirits” is written in the lower case. So the capital “S” is translator bias and it makes no sense because there is only one Holy Spirit of God.

…but scripture says that the Lamb of GOD has the SEVEN Spirits (of GOD) that go to and fro through out the earth….

The seven spirits (or messengers) went to and fro in the land (not earth) delivering the Revelation of St. John to the seven churches in Asia. John was banned to the isle of Patmos. He couldn't deliver the Revelation himself. The seven “spirits” were simply the seven messengers (or angels) which gave the Revelation to the seven churches.

thinker

Thinker ….. I use to think that they were all written in lower case letters also but i read where they were all in capital letters, But either way, where does it say the the messengers or angles are Spirits. A Spirit is a intellect or an expression of thought. No where do i recall scripture saying the a Spirit is a person. Jesus said the (WORDS) He spoke were SPIRIT, He made not mention of a angle or being of some kind being Spirit. He said that GOD is A SPIRIT and we must worship him (IN) SPIRIT and TRUTH. Spirit in scripture is expressed Intellect. IMO

love and peace to you and yours brother………………………..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    You say
    “A Spirit is a intellect”
    Is this written or did you make it up?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick………What is a (WORD) and you have your answer.

love and peace to you and yours brother…………………………………..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    We are not following you or a dictionary.
    Show us what is written

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 20 2009,09:53)
    Hi tt,
    Read Rev22

I have no idea what you're talking about Nick. First you say “I agree.” Now you question what I say and then refer me to chapters 21-22 without any comment  :p I can't read your mind.

thinker

KangarooJack
    Participant

Gene said:

Thinker ….. I use to think that they were all written in lower case letters also but i read where they were all in capital letters, But either way, where does it say the the messengers or angles are Spirits. A Spirit is a intellect or an expression of thought. No where do i recall scripture saying the a Spirit is a person. Jesus said the (WORDS) He  spoke were SPIRIT, He made not mention of a angle or being of some kind being Spirit. He said that GOD is A SPIRIT and we must worship him (IN) SPIRIT and TRUTH. Spirit in scripture is expressed Intellect.

Gene,
    John's greetings to the seven churches in Asia came from the seven spirits (or messengers),

John, to the seven churches which are in Asia: grace to you and peace from Him who is and who was and who is to come, and from the seven spirits who are before His throne[/b] (1:4)

then it says,

…which are the seven spirits of God sent out into all the land (5:6)

It says in 1:4 that John's greeting came to the seven churches in Asia FROM the seven spirits of God. Then it says that the seven spirits were SENT out into all the land. Where did they go and what did they do if it was not to give the message of John to the churches? Remember, John was exiled to Patmos and could not deliver the message to the churches himself. Therefore, the seven spirits are the seven angels (messengers). Each spirit was a teacher that had been assigned to a church. The word “spirit” also means teacher or teaching as I have already shown.

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (thethinker @ Mar. 20 2009,19:53)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 20 2009,09:53)
    Hi tt,
    Read Rev22

I have no idea what you're talking about Nick. First you say “I agree.” Now you question what I say and then refer me to chapters 21-22 without any comment  :p I can't read your mind.

thinker

Hi tt,
    I do agree angels are spirits as Heb 1 shows.

I do not agree with your shallow assumption that angels and not John gave us Revelation.

Rev22 warns against such treatment of the sacred book.

KangarooJack
    Participant

Nick said:

I do agree angels are spirits as Heb 1 shows.

I do not agree with your shallow assumption that angels and not John gave us Revelation.

Nick,
    Show where I said that the Revelation did not come from John. And then show how John distributed the Revelation to the seven churches in Asia seeing he was physically bound to the isle of Patmos. Explain how the seven churches received the Revelation without God sending heavenly messengers to help.

They did not have UPS or Fed Ex in those days Nick.

thinker

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Thinker ……….Spirits are not angles or messengers, the are the message they carry , not them themselves.

love and peace to you and yours………………………………gene

Viewing 20 posts - 2,181 through 2,200 (of 25,871 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account