JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 20,941 through 20,960 (of 25,926 total)
  • Author
    Ed J
    Participant

His name is Jesus in this verse:

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder:
    and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.” (Isaiah 9:6)

But “The Word” is no-where to be found among the names attributed to Jesus in verse 6

Proclaimer
    Participant

Your missing the point. Read my previous pist.

Ed J
    Participant

(1) The Son is called Jesus so he is Jesus.

(2)If he is called the Word of God, then he would be the Word of God right?

1) Yes
    2) “If” The word was Jesus, but of course it is not.

Look at this verse…

“Now the parable is this: The seed is “The Word” of God.” (Luke 8:11)

Jesus is the sower of the seed in the parable, which sows “The Word”,
    this is another was of saying Jesus baptizes us with “God’s HolySpirit”.

Do you think Jesus was sowing himself? (<– this is a real question so please answer it)

“Yes” or “no”

Ed J
    Participant

I know you believe the rider is not Jesus. But the context of the question is if Jesus was the rider, then Jesus would be The Word of God, right?

of course

But there are numerous verses to suggest that Jesus is not “The Word”, and
    even more verses to Suggest God’s HolySpirit is “The Word” than
    the few you point to using religious innuendos.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Proclaimer…..I saw a aircraft carrier,  and she was Hugh,   was the aircraft carrier a women?  Yes /no please,  Your answer would be yes.

That is exactly what you are doing with the “word” thing.   Jesus being “called” the word of God,  is because he “quotes” God the Fathers words to us.  Not because he himself “IS” the word of God the Father “HIMSELF” . He is no more the word of God then any of the prophets were. He and they, told us God the Fathers words,  Heb 1:1-2,  it clearly says IT WAS GOD , who “spoke”, through The Prophets and Jesus his Son. 

That is not difficult to understand, Jesus said also “clearly” “the words I am telling you are “NOT” MY WORDS”, but the words of him that sent me. 

Now my question to you is,  did Jesus say “clearly”, the word he was telling us was “NOT” his words,  yes or no please?

God and his words are one and the same being, just a as your words and you are,  not one ounce of difference.

God is a Spirit, and So are his words, and  the simplest meaning of a word is , “intellegent utterance”,  God’s intelligents,  is utter,  through his words, no matter who “quotes” them, it’s still God’s words, not the person’s words,  who is quoting them and that includes Jesus. God is “in” us through “his” words being “in” us, the same applies to Jesus also. 

Peace and love to you and yours. …………..gene

Berean
    Participant

@ edj

Revelation 19 :11-21 IS about the return of Jesus and not of the Holy Spirit
    Moreover, the Holy Spirit is not a divine being like God the Father and the divine son of God, but that is another story.
    It is therefore the return of Jesus in glory and in person accompanied by his angels that is described in Revelation 19:11-21.

And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

Berean
    Participant

Gene

You

God and his words are one and the same being, just a as your words and you are, not one ounce of difference.

Me

This is where the bottom hurts
    God is a divine being .
    What He said (His words) are something else.
    Don’t mix it all up
    We can say that the words that God has spoken or caused to be spoken are from God  OR DIVINE BUT THEY ARE NOT GOD.

ALL THIS TO DENY THE DIVINITY OF THE SON OF GOD WHOSE NAME IS CALLED “THE WORD OF GOD” IN REVELATION 19
    AND “THE WORD” IN JOHN 1

THE WORD WAS WITH THE GOD AND THE WORD WAS GOD.

Berean
    Participant

Colossians 2:9

For in him (JESUS)dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead (DIVINITY or deity)bodily.(flesh)

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Edj……Go back and reread Jodi’s post 865194, she is clearly telling you, Jesus “himself” is “NOT” GOD’S WORDS.  He is the “fulfillment ” of God’s words though?  Jodi and I both have been telling people that,  way before you ever came to see it, here.

Peace and love to you and yours. ………gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Berean. ….listen to what Jesus said, not me ok, ….“the words I am telling you “Are” SPIRIT, AND “Are” life.  And those words he was telling us, which “are” Spirit and “are” life , we’re not “his”words,  just as he said, “the words I am telling yo u are “NOT” my words,  but the words of him that sent me. 

There you go Berean,  either you believe what Jesus himself said or not, it’s not about what “I”say,   but what Jesus himself said.

Peace and love to you and yours. ……….gene

Berean
    Participant

And then…!!!!
    Jesus does NOT say that the words he says, (that come from God) are GOD.

Ed J
    Participant

@ edj

the Holy Spirit is not a divine being like God the Father and the divine son of God, but that is another story.

Hi Berean,

I have a verse I want you to look at, that calls “God’s Holy Spirit: God

“But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the HolySpirit,
    and to keep back part of the price of the land? 4 Whiles it remained, was it not thine own?
    and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart?
    thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.” (Acts 5:3-4)

Lie to the HolySpirit – lied to God.

The HolySpirit is God

Ed J
    Participant

The HolySpirit is Jesus’ Father…

“fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the HolySpirit.” (Matt 1:20)
    “therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God” (Luke 1:35)

The HolySpirit is God

Ed J
    Participant

Edj……Go back and reread Jodi’s post 865194, she is clearly telling you, Jesus “himself” is “NOT” GOD’S WORDS. He is the “fulfillment ” of God’s words though? Jodi and I both have been telling people that, way before you ever came to see it, here.

Peace and love to you and yours. ………gene

Jodi’s words

“Jesus’ name is the word of God” (post #866604)

Hi Gene,
    “is Jesus name the word of God?”
    “Yes” or “No”

Jodi says “Yes”
    I say “No”
    What say you?

No more trying to walk the fence Gene,
    you either agree with me or agree with Jodi.
    which do you choose Gene?

A “Yes, Jesus is name the word of God”
    or
    B “No, Jesus is name NOT the word of God”

Ed J
    Participant

Gene, stop dodging my question

Proclaimer
    Participant

Gene doesn’t appear to have the courage to be honest enough like a child to give clear answers. For him this is a game of poker where sleight of hand is implemented in order to gain advantage. He knows he loses advantage if he is honest.

He should be more respectful in the world of scripture and teaching.

He should also know that teachers are judged more harshly and he needs to become wise to that fact.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Berean. ….listen to what Jesus said, not me ok, ….“the words I am telling you “Are” SPIRIT, AND “Are” life.  And those words he was telling us, which “are” Spirit and “are” life , we’re not “his”words,  just as he said, “the words I am telling yo u are “NOT” my words,  but the words of him that sent me.

Gene, Jesus spoke words himself. But he chose to speak that which the Father spoke. He chose to obey God. And so we should too. Jesus was not some NPC that the Father took control of.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Gene is dodging fair yes no questions by giving unfair examples of yes no questions to fool us into thinking yes no questions are wrong. Where is his integrity? This method of his is actually a form of bearing false witness.

Proclaimer
    Participant

“the words I am telling yo u are “NOT” my words,  but the words of him that sent me.

It’s not hard to understand. If I post a famous quote, is it me writing it or speaking it? But rather than give the impression I originally wrote it, I quote the source.

Jesus said his source was the Father.

See, this has nothing to do with being an automaton.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Gene, stop dodging Edj’s question

Where is your integrity? 

Viewing 20 posts - 20,941 through 20,960 (of 25,926 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account